shhhh..secret update ..

SLACK ALICE

Silver Member
SSHHH... he could be listening(and watching...men are so nosey)

Have got my first 200 egyptian pounds for the secret surprise..
The woman at work thinks we have to have injections??:eek:
do we?
that is soo gonna spoil the surprise- wot am i gonna do ??HELP !!!

i dont remember if i had to have any when i went 2 years ago -anyone been recently?

Nah you dont need to take anything like malaria tablets or have vaccinations before going, just drink bottled water and you should be ok and pack some dicky tummy remedies

Gen x

Take some of that hand gel for cleaning your hands before eating and drinking too

yep i remember doing that -
didnt eat salad either,just ate hot stuff.
Phew I was panicking then - can you imagine it .....
your going to have a jab luv!!
why?
we are going to blackpool LOL
nearer the time i have to 'pretend ' to book the holiday
and say that the application forms are in the post and when they dont turn up i'll say they forgot and they are at the site waiting for us!!
ooh god..

You are supposed to have jabs - I did when we went...

Take immodium lol altho they aint strong nuff - ooh thats awful the dicky tummy I had it for a day when ther - :(
x

I didnt have jabs when I went to Hurgarda Hun.

ooh....exciting - I love secrets.....where are you going....? we are going to sharm this year....having jabs.....hep a, tetanus and typhoid....

we are going to sharm aswell...
asked OH tonight (in a roundabout way !!

wot jabs he had and he says he's had-
hep B and tetanus- is that enough?

hi.....I would phone your doc surgery and ask them....if you're not going till after his birthday you could always wrap up a camel with an egypt book and tell him then its his pressie and then he won't wonder why he's having jabs!!!

I have heard that people go without having the jabs - they are recommended and not compulsary so I guess it depends on you personally as to whether its something you would have or not.....

where in sharm have you booked...we are going to dreams vacation resort....can't wait :)

hi.....I would phone your doc surgery and ask them....if you're not going till after his birthday you could always wrap up a camel with an egypt book and tell him then its his pressie and then he won't wonder why he's having jabs!!!

I have heard that people go without having the jabs - they are recommended and not compulsary so I guess it depends on you personally as to whether its something you would have or not.....

where in sharm have you booked...we are going to dreams vacation resort....can't wait :)

Havent booked yet, I phoned docs and i have to go fill a dam form in !!!
why the hell they just couldnt tell me over the phone i dont know

Hiya,
How very exciting!! I'm going to Egypt this year and I'm a travel agent. I would advise you to visit your doctor and ask their opinion on whether you need any vaccinations.

Also, although you mentioned you've been before so you're probably already aware of the tummy bugs that can be picked up, please be aware that the tummy bugs don't always come about because of food (for example salads washed in their water etc), they tend to come about because of the money - it's very dirty and holds A LOT of germs. So take some antibacterial hand gel or the likes and use it regularly after handling money.

yep I know all about the salads etc- Im a born worrier!!
even took last time a testing kit to see if the pool water was safe !!!!
So if I dont have to have jabs ,they just advise- can i get away woth not having them at all?
I had what i needed 2 years ago (went to egypt)
and OH has had hep B and tetanus due to were he works- cos if he has to have jabs then that gonna spoil surprise

yep I know all about the salads etc- Im a born worrier!!
even took last time a testing kit to see if the pool water was safe !!!!
So if I dont have to have jabs ,they just advise- can i get away woth not having them at all?
I had what i needed 2 years ago (went to egypt)
and OH has had hep B and tetanus due to were he works- cos if he has to have jabs then that gonna spoil surprise

Your travel agent should advise you to seek advice from your GP.

Your GP will tell you if you need any as they know your medical history.

My boss has been 13 or so times and never has any jabs. My cousin took a day trip there from Turkey and she didn't have any jabs.

If you're concerned seek advice from your GP but I wouldn't worry about it.

And like I said, it's not just (or even) food stuff that you have to worry about when it comes to tummy bugs, it's the money.

Hi..."can get away with not having the jabs" - I have read time and time again about people not having them....but they must be recommended for a reason and if you're a born worrier it might be worth it....

I'm having them because I don't want me or my kids to get hep a or typhoid if I can prevent it - but it is my choice and on the recommendation of the nurse at my doctors surgery....

I would neither tell you to have them or tell you not to have them as it is not my choice to make for you.....all I would say is that they advise you to have them but it is not compulsary....

I'm sure the risk of catching these diseases is probably quite low but until I am told you don't need them then I would have them...

shall have to go and ask docs , will go on monday

That's most definitely for the best. A travel agent can only recommend you seek advice from your doctor, as obviously they know best.

hi gilly ,havent heard from you in ages - where you been xx

Hi Alice
I have suspended the diet for now as we have been away alot job interviews , we got a job in Buxton and start end feb so packing at the moment ..a complete change for us as we are caravan wardening !
cant wait to start and get back on track so i will be back ..
Keep slimming ans smiling love and hugs
gilly xxx

Back