shift workers

yo-yo-dieter

Silver Member
How does SW work with shift workers? My friend who I work with wants to start the plan. The nearest class to her is on a Tuesday at 7pm. The trouble is every other week she has to work until 9pm so she wont be able to go to that class.

She works like this: (L = late), E (early)
Week 1: Mon (L), Tue (L), Wed (L), Thursday (e), Friday (off) weekend off
Week 2: Mon to Wednesday (e) Thursday (off), Friday (e). Weekend off.

We've had a look and there aren't any convenient classes for her on a Thursday or a Friday evening.

Will she have to pay for every other week?

if she lets the consultant know in advance she works shift work then they just put it down as holidays,there normally pretty cool about it

im a shift worker when on placement but the class i go to has a morning and night class so my consultant lets me come to either, but mayb she could just explain to the consultant and get weight and another day or class when her shifts would suit, worth a try

I work shifts and that means missing 1 class out of every 5 weeks. I joined a Monday class as this fits in best with my work. My consultant knows this as when I joined, there is a box to tick on the form you fill in stating that you are a shift worker.
I always let my consultant know when I won't be coming and I don't pay for those missed weeks. They are not counted as holidays though as I still will want to take those entitlements when I go on holiday!!

Sam
xxx

Back