Shifting to S&S to shift the pounds!

I've been so weak and dizzy the last few days. I've got a scheduled week off next week, and really feel like my body needs it. I'm not going to go crazy but equally I want to not be weighing and measuring. I'm still not sure what to do when I get back. I'll be dog sitting away from home for 3 weeks so I'll be on simplicity then, but will maybe switch to lifestyle when I get home.

I'm sick of having no energy, I'm currently having a sit down after hoovering half the bedroom, today involves getting my eyelashes done, then driving to pick up some bars from slim and save hq, then shopping and then later going for a walk with a friend. It's going to be fun when I'm too weak to hoover!

I nearly crashed the car today (had a small bump yesterday, today I was going 70mph and started to space out, terrifying!), so is a lifestyle evening for me, I can't risk feeling like this when I have to drive! Ironically the near crash was on my way to Slim and Save HQ to pick up some packs!

I've made some kale crisps (yum!!) for half my veg allowance and some swede chips for the other half. I also had 100g of cooked chicken.

The kale chips are so, so nice. The only down side is that you can't cook many at a time, I had a little production line of plates ready to go in the microwave, but now have some for tomorrow and some for the boyfriend when he gets in.

I've got a dehydrator, but not sure I can work it! It might be better doing it that way, or getting big baking trays and doing it in the oven. I like to prepare things in bulk when I have time, also the kale is on offer in Tesco so I would really like to make it all up and have maybe 50g a day for snacks. I wish you could buy them ready made, same goes for swede chips. I had a 'sword in the stone' moment this evening!

Tried on my old 12s today (proper 12s, not the generous ones I've been wearing!) and they're still quite a way off. It can happen though!

Oh, I almost forgot. After I posted that my stomach hadn't changed in 6 weeks, it went down by 2 inches the next day! I'm starting to feel normal, and it's lovely!

My blender is broken so I had a lifestyle day. I couldn't make packs so had 2 bars, 100g of chicken, some swede chips and some kale crisps. I was too full to eat all of that, and yet put on a pound! Here's hoping it's just water weight. Grumble grumble grumble.

I'm raging. I cooked an old lighter life recipe, thinking it would be ketosis friendly but it had lemon juice in. I didn't even think about it until afterwards, now I'm out of ketosis and starving.

I'm such an idiot, I wouldn't mind being out if ketosis if I'd cheated, it's just annoying that it was accident!

My naughty brain is saying 'well you might as well eat something naughty now, you'll have to go back into ketosis anyway' but my sensible brain is winning. I'm off plan for my break next week anyway, and will have to come out of ketosis to drink (can't wait!) so I can save being naughty for then.

Seriously hoping getting into ketosis twice in a few weeks will mean it'll get easier. My poor boyfriend has felt the extent of my wrath today!

Aargh. Hormones.

Lots of crying and wanting food. I might need a miracle to get me through the next few days, I've got far too much stress on.

I know that feeling. I have a really busy week at work and extra rehearsals for my choir. Would have stressed me out big time but just try going hour by hour and think at least life isn't dull! Plus I quite enjoy a good cry. My sister and I did laugh that we needed to get OHs protective helmets though. Hope you get a bit of down time and keep away from the carbs.

I'm with you on the protective helmet thing! My boyfriend has zero common sense. We've just moved, new bins arrived last Wednesday (bin day today) so we had a lot of rubbish waiting to go in them. We've got a bin for cardboard which is full, and we have loads more cardboard in the house (new furniture). We agreed we'd need to take all that cardboard to the tip, and when I was upstairs yesterday he put loads outside just sitting in the yard. I'm so annoyed, it was raining and no doubt the dogs have peed on it now, so I'm going to have to handle stinking, soggy card because he can't listen. When his defence was 'there's still enough indoors to take to the tip' I wanted to set fire to him. As if it's my life ambition to go to the tip and I was worried I wouldn't have anything to take. I had to leave the room before I lost my temper, every little thing like that is a battle with him pretending to listen and understand what I've said, and then doing the opposite. I even need to move stuff in the kitchen cupboards around daily because he won't listen when I tell him where stuff goes.

Never, ever date a man who lived with an over bearing mother until they were 30. He's had a lifetime of doing shoddy, half arsed jobs and having her just go in afterwards and put it right without telling him. You try to tell him when he's doing something the wrong way and he just shouts 'alright!' as though he was about to do it the right way and I'm unnecessarily nagging. I think I'll murder him before I reach goal, it seems unavoidable.

I'm so depressed. I rolled into the back of someone a couple of weeks ago, no damage done, he was fine, I thought that was the end of it. He's claiming on my insurance for 'whiplash'. Because I'd just renewed my policy with someone else, I had to inform them and pay an extra £150 because of it. I've done quotes now to see what my car insurance would be with the new information, it's double my last renewal. It looks like I won't be able to afford to drive next year, and because I want to be self employed that just isn't feasible without a car.

I'm absolutely gutted, one guy trying it on is going to cost me everything. He's even saying there were two people in the car and I'm not sure there were. I'm going to suggest my insurance company try to get some CCTV footage from their journey that day (there must be some cameras somewhere) to see if they're lying about that. If they are, then they can presumably throw the whole case out and prosecute?

My insurance company have just said usually they pay out without questioning as taking them to court costs more. I wish they would take him to court, he's putting it on and it's going to cost me a lot more than a few extra quid on my premiums.

I'm on day one of my food break week, I'm choosing to eat normally because I want to come out of ketosis to drink next week, and want practice.

I had a shake for breakfast, sweet potato with tuna and salad for lunch and 2 small slices of granary bread and half a tin of spaghetti for dinner. A normal serving would be twice that usually, but it's enough to fill me up. It's just fear portions, as though being hungry later would be the worst thing in the world.

I'll be in bed before too long (I get up at 3.30am) and have a few nuts and seeds in case I get hungry before bed.

I'm expecting to put on a bit, but if I ate like this long term I think I'd be ok.

I'm in the middle of a quite severe depressive episode. On the plus side I don't even feel like over eating would make me feel better, I hope the 12 week break from food has broken some bad habits. I was going to have some alcohol tonight, but think I'll save it for when I'm away. I don't think lowering my inhibitions when I'm at risk of comfort eating (or worse) is the greatest idea.

Still haven't binged. There was a buffet thing at my boyfriend's mum's yesterday. I didn't eat much and nobody noticed, so that was good. It shows how no matter how paranoid we are, people aren't really monitoring everything that we eat.

Still waiting for the dark cloud to lift. I think I might need to find a new doctor to sort out my brain out. The problem is when I feel like this it's a mammoth effort to get dressed, and when I'm on the flip side of it, the last thing I want to do is dwell on my mental health.

It was so much easier when I could just eat junk and feel numb.

I am sorry that you are feeling so grim. Depression is a difficult thing. Like you say there's no incentive to put the work in when you are out the other side of it and when you are in the middle you can't really do anything. You are doing so well not to resort to food and you will be so glad of what you are doing when you come out the other side.

Keep going.

Back on plan from tomorrow, I'm very nervous now!

I'm really worried because towards the end of my planned time off, I definitely made some bad choices. It was a bit of rebellion, a bit of 'this is the last time I can be naughty for a long time' and a bit of emotional eating and the dreaded convenience. The last one is going to be the toughest to manage when I'm eating again, I don't know if I'm going to do 5:2 so I can be a but naughty and get away with it, to have a dedicated 'cheat day' or to really fight to be more organised. We shall see!

So the plan for now is another 12 weeks no messing, with a break when my Mum comes to visit in mid may to avoid telling her.

No Paris to look forward to now (boo) but I might plan something else for after the 12 weeks.

I also can't weigh myself at all until I'm back home in 2 weeks (I'm dog sitting at the moment) so that will mean not seeing all of my gain when I next weigh, I may even end up with a loss from my last weigh in, fingers crossed!

The next goal, 4 days, 4 litres, 4 packs. Let's do this thing!

Thanks!

So far I'm 1 pack and 3 pints of water down. Feeling a little weak and dizzy, and just want to get into ketosis as soon as possible so I can glide through (yeah right!) to the end.

I'm reminding myself that I did 12 weeks before, and it's less time between now and finish to now and the start. That's pretty motivating!

I'm so relieved I've taken the step of going back on it. I was utterly terrified that after my week off I'd be putting it off and making excuses.

I just wish I was as confident about maintaining as I am about seeing through the next 12 weeks :-(

Thanks! Hungry but determined, roll on ketosis!

How are you doing? I feel like I've been gone ages, although I know I haven't really.

I think I might keep myself busy over the next few days by planning a break for after this 12 weeks.

Somewhere cheap but interesting, not the easiest task!

I'm kind of doing the opposite, introducing food with a view to losing slowly but with a chance to practice for maintenance. Freaking out a bit but remembering I can always go back on packs soon. I have a big birthday coming up at the beginning of May so I want to be able to enjoy my celebrations first. May have another push after that before I go on holiday.

I think it's good to have a break to aim at. Cheap but interesting is a tough one.

I will probably go the slow route once I feel that my weight isn't a barrier to living my life. I feel self conscious and embarrassed, all in my head but I constantly worry about bumping into people that I haven't seen since before I gained the weight.

I'll probably still have a way to go when I've done this next 12 weeks, but after that I don't want to be on packs any more. 24 weeks is enough!

This morning's shift has been so bloomin long! Roll on 8am so I can sleep away my hunger!

Back