Shirleen's Kettleworx Diary: From the Beginning

Week Two:Cardio

Done around 5.30pm Saturday

Eaten :toast 20 mins before workout.

B12 injection up to date.

Oh wow! This was a mix of Cardio and Core, If you only have time to do one session in a week this would be it I reckon.
The first set I found ok (hard but ok), I was surprised that passing the bell around and around the body would be so wearing.
The Core rows were fab, hard but fab. I did laugh at Ryan telling me to keep my legs up....he's kidding right?
The figure of eights really made me laugh, my co-ordination is rubbish! By the second set of these I lifted one leg and then it flopped like a dead fish on the floor! It also was pretty hard on my arms.
Again the press ups were impossible even on my knees but I get a good laugh out of trying!
There's alot of floor work in this one, but thankfully many of them are grouped together so it's not up and down all the time.
The kettlebell hold is really hard but I managed it for longer and it's all about progress!

Two days on and I'm a bit sore, not too bad though and mainly in my inner legs, but probably because I didn't stretch them very well...that'll learn me! I'm feeling it in my arms and core too.

However I have done only four sessions and my arms are defined, my tummy is flatter!
How amazing will I look at the end???

You'll look feckin fabulous in the end, Shirleen! Just like me!! :D

I did the same session on Sunday morning. Loved it, sweated buckets and can really feel it in my core today. Glad you seem to be liking Kettleworx. I can't praise it highly enough. Ok it has its little annoyances, but it really does get results. Pats on the back all round. :)

Loving your diary, Shirleen, it's great that you are seeing progress (Ryan-stylee) and already starting to see yourself becoming more toned! :)

Your doing really well Shirleen and its great when you begin to see the results too :)

I'm just entering my 3rd week of kettlebells and I've just started Kettleworx on Saturday have done wk 1 core and cardio and am gonna(TRY :eek:)to speed through to week 2 that way I will be about same as you and Croc and a few others and on track for completing the 6 weeks before my holibobs!

Your doing really well Shirleen and its great when you begin to see the results too :)

I'm just entering my 3rd week of kettlebells and I've just started Kettleworx on Saturday have done wk 1 core and cardio and am gonna(TRY :eek:)to speed through to week 2 that way I will be about same as you and Croc and a few others and on track for completing the 6 weeks before my holibobs!

You may overtake me, as my shifts mean sometimes it takes me 9 days to do a week!

Resistance Week 2

Completed 19th April at 11pm
Food: Chicken and Pasta at 10pm

Firstly can I say that my TV is seriously in danger...if Ryan tells me one more time that the Hip Punch and Crunch is my favourite 'You know it' I may just have to throw my bell at him!
Firstly I can't 'pump' my Dort tried it last night and couldn't pump either!
Lots of ballcatcher heel raises in this, I've modified it alot so I can do it.
The KB pass and dunk was good although Ryan tells you not to go too fast and goes at a cracking pace himself!
The figure of eight pass through the legs takes some co-ordination not to bang your shins!
The side leg lift things was a bit hard balance wise I had to tap the floor with my foot on every move.
My form for the one leg lean forward thing was ok but again my balance is shocking.
All in all it was ok, probably my least favourite so far but maybe that was because I'd watched it with Dort beforehand so I wasn't surprised by any moves!

Week 2: Core

Completed 24th April at 10.30pm
Food: Steak, wedges, mushrooms, tomatoes, peas and sweetcorn, Melon

I was a bit confused during this that I may have reset to week one, but I was on week 2!
I did quite well on this one, I managed 2 whole sets and some of the third, but didn't need to modify the exercises as usual!
The roll and pump is difficult as I don't 'pump' but I did try! I skipped the last few floor exercises as I need to be able to move for work tomorrow!
Again the Butt elevators seemed too easy for me so I squeeeeeezed at the top!
The half assed get ups are still HARD but I found holding onto the furniture helped stop my straight leg from flailing all over the place!
Kimberly is a bit annoying now, but it's the 'mumsy' blonde woman with the dimples that gets me...NO MORE SMILING!!!!

OK I'm at work now until Thursday so after taking my boy and his mate to Rugby I may either nip to the Gym or come home and get stuck into Cardio, or I may do both it depends how much sleep I get at work on Wednesday night!

Right off for a shower, leaving the mat and Bell out as Dort wants to do Cardio week one!

Oh LOADS of compliments this week saying I'd lost weight when in fact I put ON 4lb!!

My new DVD player has a USB download function, do you reckon it'll be possible to somehow get this on my phone, so I could listen to it at the gym? That way I can use a variety of bells?

Week 3 Cardio done at 7pm 26th
Food: lunch at 1pm none since
Feeling tired after working 33 hr shift then an hour/15 mins driving son to rugby. Arms still sore after Core.

Haha you can't cheat this one because there's a different exercise in set 2to set one!
I managed all of the first set ok, I did have to skip the last couple of reps on things like punches and gunslingers, still can't do a press up to save myself but I try!
Love halos and lawn mowers, jumping jacks are helping me spiritually as I keep praying that a) noone walks in, b) I won't die, c) that I won't injure myself with my flappy belly slapping around!!!!
Oh and I can do ball catcher heel raises now albeit not as deep a squat as it should be.
Second set I had to drop out of halfway as my arms and leg were wobbly!

So all in all I enjoyed it!

Ah Shirleen, I am with you on the Jumping Jacks. At first I had to go them one handed with the other hand firmly clamped across my boobage. Then I finally found a sports bra that would rein them in. It's more of a compression type and looks like something from the middle ages, but it does the job. So now I can properly do them. But unfortunately I need some kind of compression contraption for my belly as this slaps about. I never noticed it before because my boobs were the primary difficulty. Oh well. One day I will have a taught Kimberley stylee belly - just not in a deep shade of leather.

And don't knock Tracey - little blonde dimples lady. I love her. She's my fave. And she pees all over Kimberley in the advanced DVDs (not literally - I think that's a different dvd :eek: :D)! xx

Cat Lover Sue said:
Ah Shirleen, I am with you on the Jumping Jacks. At first I had to go them one handed with the other hand firmly clamped across my boobage. Then I finally found a sports bra that would rein them in. It's more of a compression type and looks like something from the middle ages, but it does the job. So now I can properly do them. But unfortunately I need some kind of compression contraption for my belly as this slaps about. I never noticed it before because my boobs were the primary difficulty. Oh well. One day I will have a taught Kimberley stylee belly - just not in a deep shade of leather.

And don't knock Tracey - little blonde dimples lady. I love her. She's my fave. And she pees all over Kimberley in the advanced DVDs (not literally - I think that's a different dvd :eek: :D)! xx

Oh golly I think I just peed myself laughing!
Dort hates Kimberley and the way her muscles bulge through her ribs! Me? I hate her 'outy' belly button ewwwwww!!!
You know the tall lanky girl? Dort keeps asking 'what's wrong with her face?' so I keep watching her now! She certainly exercises her facial muscles lol!!!

I need a belly bra!!!

Shirleen you're doing fab and your posts always crack me up! (well, the ones that are meant to be funny, anyway! you know what i mean)

I concur, I almost wee'd myself as well at Sue's comment. LMAO! I find that when I'm really suffering I start examining all the people on the screen more closely as if that will somehow stop the pain. But it never does. Not really.

Jamelle tends to stop my pain. Comedy gold that boy in the warm up. I do like Ryan's little posse and I like the fact that the DVDs aren't over-produced into more style than substance.

I did first Fast Abs workout last night, I LOVED it! Shame I lent it put but hey ho I remember what I did!
Core rowers are fab!

I did first Fast Abs workout last night, I LOVED it! Shame I lent it put but hey ho I remember what I did!
Core rowers are fab!

Your doing well Shirleen and cant believe you like core rowers :eek:
I like them for the first 10 then they kill lol one of my fave's is the half get up :)
and i can complete all of these!

Trash said:
Your doing well Shirleen and cant believe you like core rowers :eek:
I like them for the first 10 then they kill lol one of my fave's is the half get up :)
and i can complete all of these!

No!! Not the half get up! My legs are all over the place with those!
Actually I don't do Core Rowers properly, can't lift my feet off the floor yet! But love how they make my arms and tummy burn!

Another vote for Core Rowers from me. Love them. HGU - I find a bit meh.

Shirleen - did you have a go at crossing your legs just at the ankles when you lift your feet off the floor? This helped me loads as I really struggled getting them off (and staying off) the floor. Don't know what it did but I think it might have provided more stability by balancing out my top half with my bottom half a bit. Does that make sense? :)

Another vote for Core Rowers from me. Love them. HGU - I find a bit meh.

Shirleen - did you have a go at crossing your legs just at the ankles when you lift your feet off the floor? This helped me loads as I really struggled getting them off (and staying off) the floor. Don't know what it did but I think it might have provided more stability by balancing out my top half with my bottom half a bit. Does that make sense? :)

Oh I'll try that! Core rowers are fun if you hum the theme tune to Hawaii five-o in your head!

Indeed. Book 'em, Danno! :)

LOL showing your age girlies!!

I find core rowers make my back twinge like its gonna do some damage hence i don't continue with them for long as i'm scared back will give out and i will be laid up for a while!

Trash said:
LOL showing your age girlies!!

I find core rowers make my back twinge like its gonna do some damage hence i don't continue with them for long as i'm scared back will give out and i will be laid up for a while!

Me too, that's why I keep my heels on the floor and try to keep my back really strong and 'neutral' rather than curving forward. It mostly seems to help. :)

(Hawaii 5-0 music been stuck in my head ALL AFTERNOON! Lol!)

Back