Shirleen's Kettleworx Diary: From the Beginning

Me too, that's why I keep my heels on the floor and try to keep my back really strong and 'neutral' rather than curving forward. It mostly seems to help. :)

(Hawaii 5-0 music been stuck in my head ALL AFTERNOON! Lol!)

Hee hee and its an annoying tune too when repeated a trillion times!

Hiya Shirleen

just popping by to see if you have tackled Week 4 resistance yet? Wanted your take on it ;)

Hee hee and its an annoying tune too when repeated a trillion times!

Hiya Shirleen

just popping by to see if you have tackled Week 4 resistance yet? Wanted your take on it ;)

Hi, I'll be doing it tomorrow night. Last night Dort's boyf was here and tonight well I've had a migraine all day so tomorrow it is xxx

Shirleen said:
Hi, I'll be doing it tomorrow night. Last night Dort's boyf was here and tonight well I've had a migraine all day so tomorrow it is xxx

Hi Shirleen, great diary! I'll be doing Wk 4 Core next too!
PS: I hope the migraine's gone?

Week 3 Resistence

Well it's been two weeks since I did any swinging and not alot of exercise due to my holiday being very very wet!

So I confess I only did set 1! Sweating like a sweaty thing, really out of breath so glad to give up on it.

Most of the moves are familiar but a few twists!

New move...Ski something. Looks easy....was not for me made my Quads quiver!
Twist....backward lunge passing the KB under the forward leg.

Well I couldn't manage the KB pass and I struggle with the lunges as I have terrible balance problems!

Anyway I'm going to do Week 3 Core tomorrow, hope I do it better!

The skier squats are a killer - as you say they look easy, but ouch! I struggled with the backward lunges/pass also and gave up on the pass - next time I might just pause it and do them more slowly as they're awfully fast.

Good for you getting back to it after time away! I think I'll be in much the same boat on Saturday as it will have been a two week break for me as well! :eek:

You need to be squeezing your butt muscles to take the strain away from your quads ;)

Week Three:Core

Completed 11pm
Eaten 3 hours before
Hubby present during first half!

Core indeed!
I am SO thrilled I can now do the Half get ups! YAY!
Still cannot do the Hip pump and crunch so I do crunches and somewhere on the third set substited with Butt elevators.
Everything is getting easier, I managed two full sets and 3/4 of the third.

Obviously I have had big gaps in my programme for one reason or another so I'm not expecting inch loss, but just to know I'm improving is great!

Week Four Cardio

Completed at 9.10 pm
Eaten 2 hours before.

Good workout I was a dripping, quivering soggy mess at the end!
Can't do the KB hold for too long, still can't do the mountain climbers ( another thing to hate Kimberley for). Had to do lots of the exercises without squatting as my legs hurt too much.
Think week four cardio is as bad as week one.

Congratulations Shirleen - its great to see progress. Wk4 Cardio is defo the runner up to Wk1!

I did Week four Resistance the other day.

I found this tough and tiring but not a strain on any particular set of muscles.
Few new moves in this one;
Disco Side Bends; Bad enough trying to do this one slowly, Ryan sets quite a pace on this, was difficult to keep up. Tip from me watch the women for the correct technique.
Boxer dodge and weave was great I really really liked this!
Annoying that the Half get up is the only floor exercise and in the middle of the set.
But all in all I liked this one!

I just had to message you. I can't believe how different you look from when I first joined. I've been off here for 2 years and what an incredible transformation. You are beautiful :)

Back