Shooping List Essentials - Suggestions Please

Hi Everyone :flirt2:

Have only been on SW a couple of weeks, and am doing red days with the occasional extra easy. In the last 2 weeks I feel like i have practically lived in Asda and Morrisons, nipping in every day to pick up something that i need for the next day :confused:

So i was wondering.. what are your SW essentials that are on your shopping list every week, might help me to get mine in order for next week! lol

:D

muller lights
eggs
lean bacon
batchelors savoury rice
brown pasta
laughing cow lights
beans
tuna
tomatoes
Cadbury highlights hot chocolates (syn these tho)

The list is endless, i do extra easy tho :D havent done a red or green day yet, cos at the moment am liking the EE plan xx

For your EE days Id recommend Low Fat Super Noodles and Mugshots :)

what are mugshots Starlight? Are they soup ? (just guessing)

muller lights
eggs
lean bacon
batchelors savoury rice
brown pasta
laughing cow lights
beans
tuna
tomatoes
Cadbury highlights hot chocolates (syn these tho)

The list is endless, i do extra easy tho :D havent done a red or green day yet, cos at the moment am liking the EE plan xx

I would say the same as Slimcea but would also add some lean mince, potatoes (for chips, wedges or roasts), chicken and beef bovril, pasta sauces, onions, cheese, LF fromage frais, baked beans and garlic.

I try and plan my meals a couple of days ahead. I live literally around the corner from both a Somerfield (which is slowly changing to Co Op) and Tesco's so I like going in most days to get any bargains, especially any meat which has been reduced or is on offer.

I also go to Morrisons once a month to get sausages :p

They are :) Its like a cup a soup with noodles or pasta in them, gorgeous, filling and MOST of them are free

Wow thanks for that, i have been missing soup. I havent really had time to try recipes and make my own, and when i put some heinz vegetable or lentil type ones into the syn calculator they came out at about 8 !!!!!!!!

Will deffo look out for mugshots - do you know which company makes them??

xx

Garlic is a must, lean meats, mullerlights are a must, low fat cheese, skimmed or semi skimmed milk, tomatoes any shape or form, eggs, wholemeal rice and pasta, low syn treats - skips, multi pack of buttons, alpen light bars, special k or weetabix/shredded wheat, to name a few. Unfortunately I can't advise where to shop as I don't live in the UK

Wow thanks for that, i have been missing soup. I havent really had time to try recipes and make my own, and when i put some heinz vegetable or lentil type ones into the syn calculator they came out at about 8 !!!!!!!!

Will deffo look out for mugshots - do you know which company makes them??

xx

hi there I can get mugshots (thats the brand name too) out of my local heron for 29p but I know tesco do them as well but a bit more pricy. they're on the soup isle rather than the pasta/noodle isle in my tesco. there in a packet rather than a tin BTW if that makes them easier to spot

Pretty much whats already been mentioned with the addition of some turkey mince or steaks. Im on a bit of a budget at the mo and its been a godsend as its so cheap and very versatile.

You really should plan your meals and buy only the ingredients you need rather than a scatter gun buy lots of different things.

But to add to what has already been said my basic shopping list includes
  • fruit and veg - fresh or frozen
  • frylight
  • canned tomatoes
  • passata
  • rice - long grain, basmati, pudding, risotto
  • pasta - shapes, spaghetti, lasagne sheets
  • grains - cous cous, quinoa, bulgher wheat
  • pulses - chickpeas, kidney beans, mixed beans
  • milk - skimmed UHT
  • Yoghurt - natural FF,greek 0%, syn free fruit yoghurt (not mullerlight there are several others)
  • Eggs
  • Cheese - Cottage, RF mature cheddar, extra light soft cheese, parmesan, fromage frais FF
  • Herbs and spices
  • Condiments - soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, mango chutney,balsamic vinegar, hot sauce, curry paste
  • Lentils
  • Noodles
  • Quorn/Meat-free sausages, mince, pieces, fillets
  • Wholemeal bread/rolls
  • Rice cakes/corn thins
  • Cereal bars - alpen light, weetabix oaty, special k

Great thread! was going to post something similar but its al here waiting for me!

Many thanks.

Hi Everyone :flirt2:

Have only been on SW a couple of weeks, and am doing red days with the occasional extra easy. In the last 2 weeks I feel like i have practically lived in Asda and Morrisons, nipping in every day to pick up something that i need for the next day :confused:

So i was wondering.. what are your SW essentials that are on your shopping list every week, might help me to get mine in order for next week! lol

:D

Deffinately onions, mushroom, peppers, ginger, chilli and garlic, followed by loads of other veg and fruit, meat and milk.

Just a though, if you shop in morrissons, I'd reccomend their own brand version of muller lights, 3 for £1 all the time it seems and taste soooooo much nicer and creamier than the muller lights which I find too sweet, and they are free too!
They are the 'eat smart' ones.

Back