Shopping costs £££ since eating more healthily

Dairy milk 360g (the MASSIVE bar) comes down to £2 from £3.50 in tesco quite often, it seems annoying paying more for a punnet of nice strawberries than a huge bar of good quality chocolate

Right lol ....

Twirl for 1kg is about £8 and 1kg of cherries bin Costco is about £7 so not too different but thats based on no deals. I bet add in a deal and you win lol x

Lol! Mmmmmmm 1kg of Twirl lol! X

Awww what a bummer! They're my life saver when I want to snack! X

I have strange IBS, I'm fine with fatty and sugary food, it's fruit and veg which flares mine! X

That's strange isn't it, you've done well to lose weight with that problem! Soda bread does it for me, shame as I love it!

That's strange isn't it, you've done well to lose weight with that problem! Soda bread does it for me, shame as I love it!

It makes it hard :-( Sometimes I have to eat it as I don't have any pp left and take the problems which come with it, other times I have to just avoid it, very irritating! I've never tried Soda Bread?!? X

ive been cooking big batches of food, chilli, curry etc working out the points then dividing into freezeable containers, when my partner and children fancy a pizza or similar cheap dinner i have one of my frozen meals xx

ive been cooking big batches of food, chilli, curry etc working out the points then dividing into freezeable containers, when my partner and children fancy a pizza or similar cheap dinner i have one of my frozen meals xx

Sounds fab :) I love convenience food but with homemade taste and quality! I'm making Bolognese tonight but will freeze the other half for another night! X

I find buying fruit and veg loose works out cheaper then buying packs of them. That has helped me cut down a lot. Also meal planning helps curb spending a lot.

I find buying fruit and veg loose works out cheaper then buying packs of them. That has helped me cut down a lot. Also meal planning helps curb spending a lot.

I definitely agree as 5 Bananas in a bag is £1 but 5 loose bananas never costs £1! X

I am really making an effort not to waste food, I find it so easy when you are on a health kick to go out and buy loads of fruit and veg and it inevitably ends up in the bin. This time I am only buying what I need for a few days and then going back to stock up once it's gone. I'm pleased I have managed not to waste any food so far! I'm also freezing loads of stuff. Whereas before (when I'm not watching what I eat) I would eat much larger portions of things, for example 2 salmon fillets instead of 1. Now that I'm monitoring it all, I am only having one so my meals are going further!

I am really making an effort not to waste food, I find it so easy when you are on a health kick to go out and buy loads of fruit and veg and it inevitably ends up in the bin. This time I am only buying what I need for a few days and then going back to stock up once it's gone. I'm pleased I have managed not to waste any food so far! I'm also freezing loads of stuff. Whereas before (when I'm not watching what I eat) I would eat much larger portions of things, for example 2 salmon fillets instead of 1. Now that I'm monitoring it all, I am only having one so my meals are going further!

That's good Sweetie :) The Freezer is our best friend on WW! I freeze EVERYTHING! X

Shopping costs £££ since eating more healthily

I agree, I freeze all our leftovers if there is enough for us all or my husband takes them as his lunch to work the next day if there is only one portion left. Either way leftovers get used :)

I agree, I freeze all our leftovers if there is enough for us all or my husband takes them as his lunch to work the next day if there is only one portion left. Either way leftovers get used :)

That's good! Leftovers always taste better anyway as you've not slaved to cook them.x

Spent a fortune doing an online shop with Tescos last week :sigh: hoping now I got some bulk buys and separated stuff to freeze etc I can hopefully have a cheaper week, this week....

Back