should i be on 1000? advice from cdc please

JodieJoJo

Silver Member
I have 6.5lbs to lose before i get to goal (9 stone 7lbs) although i may change that to 9 stone (depending what i look like at 9 stone 7lbs)

My BMI is now 23.9 and i am still on 790. I asked my cdc today about going up to 1000 and she advised to stay on 790 till i reach goal. The booklet gives the same advice but i note that some cdcs on here say different.

Any advice?

xx

I moved up the steps when I was 6lbs off my goal and have managed to maintain my weight for the last 3 weeks. I see this as a bonus as I expected to put up to 1 stone on when I finished the diet.

My main reason for changing was that I was freezing cold and really couldn't stand being in ketosis anymore.

I would say it is up to you, can you move up the steps sooner rather than later and then lose the last bit of weight you want to lose ? You may fancy the new challenge.

After SSing and then 790ing you be amazed how much food it seems like you can eat on step 3, my concern was that I would be out of the comfort of not feeling hungry due to being out of ketosis. This was not and still isn't a problem as my stomach must have shrunk so much during the diet. I am also amazed how much of the food which is good for you I now like and how all the stuff I used to eat (crisps, pasties, cakes etc) make me feel sick now.

I'm not a CDC but i'm sure you should be on step 3 or step 4, a cdc will be along to put you right very soon i'm sure. Well done for doing so well :D 6.5lbs from goal thats brillant....xxx

Thats great to hear that leehal. I was getting worried that once i came out of ketosis i would be starving. I hope that my stomach has shrunk and I find my old faves make me feel sick too!

Just to confirm officially you must not be doing Cambridge 790 while on a BMI of 23.9

You should move off of SS/790 when you are a stone form a BMI of 25.

To get to goal weigh while still on 790 not only is not official advice, it also makes stabilisation harder as you are already at goal weight and then going to attempt to stabilise it over 4 weeks minimum.

I would therefore recommend strongly you move to Cambridge 1000 and ask your counsellor to check with head office for their advice on whether someone with a BMI of 23.9 should be doing a VLCD.

Please remember this diet is all about maintaining and not losing weight. Crashing through the finish line does not mean you are going to be able to maintain it.

Mike

Thanks Mike

You are quite right with the stabilising part - i don't want to make that more difficult for myself.

I shall text my CDC tonight and ask her to check

Thanku
x

Hi Just wanted to add that I too was scared that out of Ketosis I would be ravenous and shaky and want FOOD < FOOD and MORE FOOOD!!!! but it didnt happen I feel satisfied with a small amount and dont get the hunger pangs I experienced on SS, I never got thast never hungry feel good in ketosis, I was cold, often starving and had cramp in my feet every night, now I do a mix of SS 790 and 1000 depending on how my body feels and whilst still want to lose more (about another stone to 21 lbs) I am happy to take it slowly now , as I really refuse to get hung up about a 'goal weight' or a number that I should be, I will know when I am done , its not a race , its your future lifestyle that is important. Personally I think IceMoose is dead right, when I get a low BMI like yours I will be focused on wanting to eat as much as I can without gaining not seeing how little I can eat to keep losing , becuase when we get to the end of the road WE HAVE TO EAT AGAIN , and for me CD is a means to an end, I want to be able to eat as much as I can do without gaining , for me that is the prize not some unmaintainable number.

Back