Should I buy that bikini? (Sorry clothing/shopping question!

Lauren.B

Today I got one of those emails from River Island with their new summer range and it had this bikini which is in the style I've wanted for AGES! It's mint green (one of my fav colours) and Ergh I just love it! Sorry I'm a really bad shopaholic!

Anyway, my question is: would it be too optimistic of me to buy it in 1 or 2 sizes smaller than I am now? I just don't want it to go out of stock and I just know it will :( but at the same time I definitely don't want to buy it in the size I am now as it would be for my holiday in June and I want to be another stone lighter by then :( oh jeeeeez decisions decisions!!! I have dropped 1 dress size already and I'd like to hope I could fit into 2 sizes smaller by June lol it could also be some more motivation/inspiration? I need help lol

Ok, you want to lose a stone by June. I found that on average a dress size was anywhere between 10- 12lbs. I'd buy the size below. Two sizes down could be achievable but bikinis are funny things because they are pretty much knickers and bras! I still where bikinis a size higher than actually am because I don't want them digging in anywhere- I'd rather have them a little bigger.
If you went for 1 size lower, you've still got the motivation to lose and it's achievable and you'll feel better than if you went 2 sizes lower and it was a little snug. Don't forget on holidays, we tend to over indulge (well I do) and end up a little more bloated than when we arrived! X

That is definitely true! I'm so torn on what to dooo! It's taken me a month to lose the first stone and get into a size 18, so maybe I should just get the 16 and hope for the best with that! I don't want to get the 14 and then it be reeeeally tight! Especially as I know I will be drinking wine most nights whilst I'm away and that will definitely add to my muffin top lol

If you can afford it I'd buy both sizes, lol. Keep the tags on until your hols, and then you can resell the one that doesn't fit on ebay. It would probably be better to hold off until nearer the time though ;)

I'd love to do that I don't think I can afford both sizes haha I think it would end up costing me about £60 but I wish I could! I think I'm going to wait and see how much I've lost by my next payday which is 31st March (I'm estimating about 4lb loss if I'm good, never know though) so dependent on how much I have lost by then I think I'm going to go for the next size down from what I am now which would be a 16 as I'm back in an 18 now so fingers crossed! Holiday isn't until June but I am in love with this bikini! haha

aw this was the part I hated about loosing my weight not knowing what sizes especially holiday clothes if you don't get it then it might go I think I would get 2 sizes smaller and just think of getting into it when is your holiday?

I remember I just used to live in leggings and baggy tops because I just got sick of buying knew jeans every other week

aw this was the part I hated about loosing my weight not knowing what sizes especially holiday clothes if you don't get it then it might go I think I would get 2 sizes smaller and just think of getting into it when is your holiday?

I remember I just used to live in leggings and baggy tops because I just got sick of buying knew jeans every other week

Holiday starts on 1st June so I guess I have a bit of time yet, its difficult that I can't even try a bikini on in the shop wah!!! If i got 2 sizes smaller then I'd get a 14 but I'm just not confident in myself that I will get there by then haha

Holiday starts on 1st June so I guess I have a bit of time yet, its difficult that I can't even try a bikini on in the shop wah!!! If i got 2 sizes smaller then I'd get a 14 but I'm just not confident in myself that I will get there by then haha

Ok wey you have just said it yourself just get the next size down then at last you know you have it because I know iv started my holiday shopping now just incase and then if it's to big you might get a 14 online and you said it's from river island I seen it yesterday it's lovely!:) where is it you going on holiday?

I bought it this morning when I got an email about 20% discount on summer stuff woohooo! I'm going to the south of France and I can't waaaaaait! Eeeeeeek! So excited especially now bikini is coming haha!

I bought it this morning when I got an email about 20% discount on summer stuff woohooo! I'm going to the south of France and I can't waaaaaait! Eeeeeeek! So excited especially now bikini is coming haha!

Photos to come?... Ha! Im Kidding! You'll feel a lot better when it comes to showing it off on holiday knowing your work has paid off!

I definitely want to post progress pics but I still think even when I wear that bikini I won't be happy lol! Got my stone award last night wooohoooo so I'm more confident that I can shift another stone by the end of May :D! Positive thoughts!

I definitely want to post progress pics but I still think even when I wear that bikini I won't be happy lol! Got my stone award last night wooohoooo so I'm more confident that I can shift another stone by the end of May :D! Positive thoughts!

Well done! :D fingers crossed that you'll need that size 14 instead by your holiday as I have a feeling with your determination, you'll probably need to size smaller :D

Well done! :D fingers crossed that you'll need that size 14 instead by your holiday as I have a feeling with your determination, you'll probably need to size smaller :D

EEEEk do you think so? :D Maybe I should send that bikini back and get the size smaller :D it should be arriving today, I hope they take returns! I will do this!

well done on getting your stone award you will smash getting your 2 before may

EEEEk do you think so? :D Maybe I should send that bikini back and get the size smaller :D it should be arriving today, I hope they take returns! I will do this!

You will! :D just keep your receipt for when youdo​ take it back :D

Thank you :D I hope I do!

Back