Should i give up diet coke?

SkinnieMinnie

When im on a diet i become addicted to diet coke!, i dont usually drink juice or anything like that when im off a diet just water, ive noticed that ive been getting cistious alot and my skins gone quite bad, do you think its because of the diet coke? i might go back to drinking only water but i LOVE diet coke!

Well sodas increase cellutite and are bloating (even the diet ones). I drink a cup of soda once every other month on social events or so... Other than that only water, orange juice and soy/rice/oat milk.

Trust me it's worth to give up of diet coke or at least reduce it to a can per week for special events. As the times goes on you'll miss diet coke less and less;)

I drink quite a lot of diet coke to be fair but honestly it hasn't really done me any harm. Just try and balance it out with water and it should be fine! Not so great for the teeth though! :D

We were told in class a few weeks ago that there is something in diet drinks that SLOWS DOWN THE MOTABOLISM!!! but if u were drinkin 2 or 3 glasses/cans a week it wouldn't really do damage!!! Don't think you have to give it up, but definately cut way back on it xxxxx

Think im going to give it up this week and see if it makes a difference :) i heard it makes you hungrier aswell because your bodsys expecting sugar and doesnt get it xx

good luck!!! I gave up fizzy juice when i started dieting although not intentionally!!!! Would still have the odd one though!!!! I've started drinking green tea apparently it helps speed up the metabolism!!!!

I drink loads of diet coke when i am on a diet just to fill me up sue xxxxx

good luck!!! I gave up fizzy juice when i started dieting although not intentionally!!!! Would still have the odd one though!!!! I've started drinking green tea apparently it helps speed up the metabolism!!!!

ive done that this week tho! had a cup every morning since last weigh in and im gona see if it makes any difference :) xxxx

i wonder how many cups of green tea you should eat a day to help with weight loss though!!! I've had 3 cups this morning and might have another one before work and one in work which is 5!!! Haven't had that many every day but am trying to drink as much as i can!!!!!!!!!!!!

i wonder how many cups of green tea you should eat a day to help with weight loss though!!! I've had 3 cups this morning and might have another one before work and one in work which is 5!!! Haven't had that many every day but am trying to drink as much as i can!!!!!!!!!!!!

eat lol i meant drink lmao

hehe! yeah i want to drink more but i dont really like it! lol i just drink it to see if it has much of an effect:giggle: xxx

lol have u tried putting a few sweetners in it!!! it tastes OK with sweetners in it and i'm starting to like it now:eek:

i drank diet coke on a night out last week and by god i was dying the next morning,,i may as well have been drinking alcohol, only difference was i didnt get the munchies:)oh there's a thread around about green tea :)

lol it sounds strange but i think the sweetener makes it taste worse! lol but i gota be honest i think my body is starting to appreciate it cos i wake up in the morning and think"ooh green tea time" but then im like :eatdrink017:lol but i will continue to drink it cos im a silly moo like that :D xxx

yeah have been on that to just saying the benefits of it!!!! My dad doesn't drink anymore and if he has to go out to an accasion he just drinks coke!!! he always has a busting headache the next day!!! the stuff can't be good for you!!!!!

I drink far too much diet coke, even pre dieting. Now I drink 2L of water before I let myself have any diet coke.
The water has helped my skin a lot, dry patches on my face are actually clearing up with regular water intake, its like diiiing my moisturizer suddenly works lol
Altho this week will be a nightmareish week for diet coke. thats my stop-smoking craving filler instead of food :D
What we do to ourselves eh :p

good luck with stopping smoking :) xxx

Do you think there are any sort of green tea substitutes out there that do the same kinda thing? Cos I don't drink hot drinks. Tea just really isn't my thing :(

they do green tea pills in holland and barrett! x

Back