Should I start before Christmas?

finnsmum

I've just put my order into Exante. The question is - should I start this week or wait until Christmas is over when all of the temptation is out of the way?

My goal is next May as I'm getting married so I'm aware that every day matters with such little time.

I am very motivated and desperate to get down to a size 12/14 for my wedding day.

Anyone else starting pre-Christmas? I was going to do Cambridge Diet but the Consultant suggested that it would be a waste of money starting before Xmas.

Depends on how motivated you are and also willpower over xmas. I have my bumper pack ready and waiting for Jan 1st as i know i wont behave over xmas.

Id say no, wait til January. Before I started a VLCD I read so much about the first time being 'Golden time' how its so much easier etc etc, it wasnt til I came off my diet on a planned break I realised how damn hard it is to get back to that frame of mind.

Eat sensibly between now and then, set yourself a definite starting date and start then :)

I'd say enjoy a couple of days of wild abandon then start reducing the chocolate / starchy carb / alcohol consumption and eat more veg and lean protein on the days between Christmas and New Year. Try not to get too blitzed on the booze at New Year then when you take the plunge into TS shortly after, you'll find getting into ketosis less of a trauma. :)

Id say no, wait til January. Before I started a VLCD I read so much about the first time being 'Golden time' how its so much easier etc etc, it wasnt til I came off my diet on a planned break I realised how damn hard it is to get back to that frame of mind.

Eat sensibly between now and then, set yourself a definite starting date and start then :)

This is absolutely sound advice! I did 4 weeks 100% TS and found it really easy as I was so motivated. I didn't want to eat and nothing tempted me. I had a xmas meal on the 2nd of December and although I am back on track it has definitely not been as easy. I would wait until after xmas but as Russiandoll says try and reduce the carbs/alcohol before you start, that way you will really make the most of your 'Golden Time' :)
Hazel
x

Apparently i found out I could get into ketosis in half a day or so. I stopped eating anything at all for 36 hours and that did the trick for me.

Back