Shrimp's journey!...and this time it's going to be a success

Mad with myself as I had a take away last night and today it shows on the scales. You see that's what happens when I get cocky with myself and think I am doing enough exercise to cope with it!

that will teach me...3 days before weigh in to sort it out.
been out running after the rain...clocked up 2.7 miles...had a bit of pain in my groin from horse riding over the weekend

We all do that! 3 days is sufficient to get back on the downward spiral. Your weight loss is bound to be slower now that you're so close to goal. Keep up with the exercise - you're doing amazingly well!

I was just on 12 stone when I started running and other than the horse riding I did no exercise. I had never run since school either and even then I was a short distance sprinter. I took me longer that the time it says to get to the 5k. Once I had to run for 3 mins I struggled for ages...then I started counting steps. So I would run for 100 steps then walk for 50 then run for another 100. I continued to increase the number of steps until I could run for 5 mins and that helped along side the ouch to 5k. I story of follow a plan but then tweak it to what works for me.

that first year I started training I think in the January and by the September I ran the first 8 miles of the GNR without stopping, power walked for just over a mile then ran to the finish.

its only this year I have lost the weight

Thanks Shrimp been talking it over with my daughter and we think we will give it a try. Instead of dusting off the old trainers I think I will invest in a proper pair of running trainers I can get shin splints from walking around constantly at a 5 day horse show!

I'd highly recommend some running trainers. Have you got a running shop nearby fjk19? If so take in your old trainers so they can see whether you over pronate etc. x

Good luck with the running Fiona.

Don't worry about the takeaway it will be long gone by weigh in day. Heading off to running shop on Tuesday can't get there before then for new trainers

It really is best too...I use Sweatshop for my trainers.

Yes that's where I am going I might need to get something to sort my achy knee. Aching is its baseline this time of year all the squats in the Cattery :) going to ask their advice anyway x thanks for the help

I might try that 5k app I downloaded it when t was mentioned before but do you think I ever opened it :) time to get back into the exercise for me I think. Shrimp you really are doing fab at the running. X

Thank you...

running so far this week....
monday 2.7 miles.
tonight 4.1 miles.
pday off from running tomorrow as off to Edinburgh for a meeting...there and back in a day

You are doing smashing Shrimp with the running !!

I went to the Run4it shop, to see about trainers.
The ones I liked/comfy ect, were £100 :eek:
I made my excuses, and ordered a pair online, after research, and got them £30 cheaper ;), ohhh, and nectar points :banana dancer: :D

Good idea Marge - I'll do that next time.

Marge...that's the best way to do it!

It is :)
I ordered mine on Sunday, I hope they will be here tomorrow :)

Fingers crossed...I love new trainers!

I also got some new gym stuff, using up some vouchers from M&S that I had. Stuff that fits, and is not "hairy" as the manfriend calls it. The old stuff was massive, stuff that I had from ages ago :eek:, and it was men's as I was too fat for proper womans stuff :eek:
Sorted now though :D
Its not all matching like I see people in the gym, but its not a state like my old stuff either :D

I did the same Marge except I actually bought them, then found them £30 cheaper on Amazon so took them back! Didn't feel too bad as had already paid for their expertise for a gait analysis which was actually very interesting! x

You are doing great with your run. keep it up lady :)

Thank you Harry!

marge none of my clothes match and I buy any clothes that are on offer. The only thing I like to ensure are smack on are my trainers.

i do like wearing pink tops if possible.

Back