Shrinki's Primal food diary

Thanks Bev! That's fab! You'll never guess what - but hubby is flying to Spain tomorrow so could buy the sausages :-D

He'll certainly be able to get the white sausage in most butchers but he might struggle with the morcón (Murcian sausage).
We actually live in Alicante province - which adjoins Murcia and the border is only 20 minutes drive away.
We can't get them here - in fact we can't even get them in the holiday town where our apartment is in Murcia!
We have to go to the next small village and go into the butchers to get them.
They are big and round (like the final result of the pelota really) and are made from spiced pork loin!

Brunch was the leftover tomato soup and burger (think I posted pic yesterday)

Arvo snack:

image-2572447459.jpg

Dinner - giant courgette pizza with homemade garlic mayo

image-357371939.jpg

well done , you look like you are doing great , loveky to follow someone elses diary too and get ideas . ill be subscribing :0) oh and well done on the weight loss so far x

The last pics look really yum!
Hi Libby! I hope you're well xx

Is this a pizza of some sort???? Looks delish
Yes. 'Twas lush!! I thinly sliced a courgette and laid it in the dish, topped with homemade pizza sauce, chorizo, red pepper, chilli and cheddar. Whacked it in the oven for 15 mins then added two eggs and some black olives and put back in for another 15 mins. X

well done , you look like you are doing great , loveky to follow someone elses diary too and get ideas . ill be subscribing :0) oh and well done on the weight loss so far x

Hi! I will try and find your diary too. Thanks for subbing. X

Is this a pizza of some sort????
Looks delish

Yes. 'Twas lush!! I thinly sliced a courgette and laid it in the dish, topped with homemade pizza sauce, chorizo, red pepper, chilli and cheddar. Whacked it in the oven for 15 mins then added two eggs and some black olives and put back in for another 15 mins. X

You said I'd just given you an idea for tomorrow - you have given me one too.
Might try this later in the week as I just lurve pizza but hate wasting syns on a base.

Hello!!

Food today:

B - nope just a coffee with dash cream
L - primal tomato soup with crumbled burger topped with grated cheddar
S (unusual for me to snack but felt hungry late arvo - small plate of ham and cottage cheese topped with finely sliced spring onion and cherry tomatoes.
D - Jamie Oliver's baked Italian style fish with avocado, lettuce, cucumber and lemon vinegarette and pine nuts. Half a sweet potato.

image-3277930214.jpg

image-271783308.jpg

image-2081743830.jpg

Food today:

B - scrambled eggs with cherry toms and a chilli with sliced avocado

image-4092568799.jpg

Late lunch (3pm as still full from breakfast!)

Organic salmon topped with mayo/red onion/cheddar and salad

image-51538128.jpg

Tonight I will make roasted beetroot and goats cheese on bed of baby spinach. I am so full at the moment, I am not sure I'll need it but will just make small portion. Picture to follow later.

Hmm,
I posted on this thread yesterday but it didn't show!!

The big news is that yesterday I reached my target for the first time ever! I have reset it and hidden the scales away so as not to get disheartened by slow progress.

Food yesterday was lovely!

Brunch - feta, beetroot, mango, chilli salad

image-2195136695.jpg

Dinner was cottage pie topped with cauliflower cheese - no photo but was delish!!!!

Then I adapted something I saw in forks over knives kitchen challenge. I chopped and froze a banana for two hours. I then puréed it with 3 heaped teaspoons of coconut cream... OMG - it was unbelievable!!

Food today:

Plums (from garden) blueberries and natural yogurt from the local farm.

Lunch (in oven) is stuffed peppers (leftover cottage pie meat) topped with feta cheese and served with side salad. Banana coconut cream for desert :drool:

Dinner will be 'bubble and squeak' which is actually mashed cauliflower but tastes very similar and topped with crispy bacon and two poached eggs.

Food yesterday:

B - coffee
L - avocado, bacon and cheddar salad
S - banana and coconut whip (after all afternoon baking in the sun at the lido)
D - in restaurant - mozzarella and tomato starter with xvoo/balsamic followed by Thai green curry chicken and a few spoonfuls of basmati rice.

Food yesterday:

B - coffee
L - cottage pie with cauliflower cheese topping
D - sweet potato with cheddar, bacon and salad.
Vino!

Food today:
B - coffee
Brunch - heuvos rancheros with avocado slices
Snack - Parma ham, mozarella, tomato and thinly alice onion. Xvoo and balsamic.
D - will be roast chicken, sweet potato and salad.
Prosecco - not then end of the world but need to have at least Monday-Thursday booze free - even though I will be in England on hols.

It was nice but I think the coconut flour mixed with the fruit made it a little dry.

image-2788265849.jpg

image-334734771.jpg

I'll probably stew some more plums to go with the rest of it.

This was the regular version (with flour etc. for the rest of the family). Lots of juice in this one.

image-296746325.jpg

Back