*Shrinklies**The Everything August Challenge*

That's great news. glad to have you back to yourself again. Need ya on here!!!! I'm 5ft 1 was 11 stone, now (so far) 10 st 4, wanting to get to 9st however I'll see then if I want to lose another half stone. I know I'm very comfortable at 9 st but I'm thinking it would be fab to go to about 8st 6 which is tiny for me. I'd love to be in the 8's!!!!!stone that is. So 10lbs down on day 14, hoping for more off tomorrow xxx

Dont be sad ffbt, lets face it we all want to do it, at least you've confronted it and your moving on, it was the cakes fault for falling in ur mouth not yours, next time keep it shut...lol, keep going sweet we can do this!!! :hug99:

Thanx Lardylizi, I am sure gonna keep my mouth shut from now on. :D and ur right...i can so do this, we're all gonna do this 2gether. x

Good morning ladies.. I don't want to put a downer!!!! on this but I need some support.. as some of you know I am not well with an illness that means I am off work for at least 6 weeks.. i also need to take medication (sound a right croc!! don't i) anyhow, due to this I loose small amounts of weight .. I have now moved to 810.. last night I went abit loopy and thought I don't know how much more of all this I can take.. especially as I am poorly as well.. it's not even wanting naughty food.. its the fact it's endless.. I've lost 21 pounds since January.. no one has noticed and i have not really changed in clothes sizes.. I joined the gym but can't go for a bit.. when I started in Jan.. I thought it would be all done and dusted by June and I was going to have a healthy slim body.. now I have the feeling of dread.. hot, bothered and fat.. I am really sorry about this girls but I am completley deflated.. any thoughts xxx

Hi FFBT,
First of all well done for coming clean, you didnt have to.

That shows that you are dealing with that little problem straight away.

Once you had swallowed the cake it became history and life goes on,forget it.

You have done no damage to your dieting, you will not have put any fat back on your body.

Worst case is that you may be storing some glycogen, only a small amount, but for every gram of glycogen stored there is 3 gram of fluid hanging on to it.

As you now stay back with the diet theres every possibility your glycogen store will have emptied and therefore the fluid will once again have gone by Mondays weigh in.

So there you have it, problem gone lol.

If it makes you feel any better, I have been the same today, Im usually very strong but for some strange reason Ive found the day very hard.

Like you I have now completed 6 days and am looking forward to knocking on my own door on Monday for a WI and consultation. lol.

Best wishes to our great team on this our first week.:):):)

Hey Alan, Thanx so so much!! What uv said makes so much sense and iv taken on board each n every word, so thank you again.
So, i am still looking forward to 2morrow mornings WI but i am a little nervous at the same time. Lets see.... :) Goodluck for 2morrow. x

Sarah Lou, don't be sorry you silly moo, that is why we are here. We'll get eachother through and we all go through bad days.

You have lost 21lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's a really good loss and you're going in the right direction. It's better that it's 21lbs off than another 21lbs on.

I think you have done the best thing ever by going on 810 as that's what I've done this time and as I keep saying (i'm turning into a bit of a bore now) I am loving it and no longer feel deprived. I'm still losing and it's easier for me to stick to.

Now the other thing is.....you're home for 6 weeks. That is really tough but I'd suggest you fill your time with lovely things.....maybe a short strol, getting into the garden, catching up with old friends, scented and candel lit baths, painting your nails, watching your favourite programmes and of course joining us on here and supporting eachother.

This is just some ideas but make this time YOUR TIME and think of this diet as doing something for YOU. Keep that slim image of you in mind. Why don't you list the reasons you want to get to goal on here and then how you will feel when you get to goal.

Don't be a stranger girlie, hang in there. You will notice the differences sooner than you think and start thinking nice things about yourself. You are so lovely so you've got to stop these awful thoughts about yourself and decide to love yourself today .

Send you a giant hug and lots and lots of love xxx

I'm on day 15 and had my second WI today which was a little disapointing at 2llbs bu then I am hypothyroid and it is really hard to lose and really easy to gain so I'm not complaining. I have about another 2 stone to lose but I'm taking it one at a time :)

Hey delarios and welcome. Im on day7 today myself and 2morrow is my first WI. I too wanna loose 2 stones and get to my target which is 9 st. Ive also got hypothyroid and i can understand how hard it is to loose weight in such a condition. Are you on a stablized dose now, coz that will help too. Good luck and remember we're all here to help. x

Last edited:
Your such a sweetie sunshine.. in my job I support people.. I try to move mountains for them.. but like you say.. i just don't invest or value myself.. I put things off.. why paint my nails? I've a bathroom of smelly stuff.. not used.. I guess it's like .. i will start a life when I'm thin.. etc etc.. I live alone and sometimes i get a bit bogged down with things and I guess not being active is giving me too much time on my hands.. thanks for your kindness and hugs its appreciated.. all my love Sarah Lou Sillly Moo (that rhymes) :p

Hello all,

I've been reading your thread over the last couple of days and am inspired by your positivity. Was wondering if you had room for a little 'un? (Well, big 'un really, but not for much longer! lol)

I know you're a week into the challenge, but I'd be happy to aim for 11/12lbs by 26 May.

Not sure if this is the correct way to request to joing (I think there's a group request thread) but I'm fairly new to all this so apologies if I'm doing this wrong!

Happy Sunday everyone,
T :)

Welcome Thelma. Hows ur day goin so far? I think for me wknds are def gonna be a challenge. Good luck. x

Hi FFBT,
Thanks for the welcome :)
My day's going fine so far (probably too much posting on her and not enough activity, but apart from that, fine! lol) What about you?

This is my 3rd weekend on CD and I know the trick is to keep busy. Unfortunately, I'm struggling to get motivated to do things if they don't desperately need done so keeping busy has been a bit tricky! Week days are definitely easier. But I'm sure I'll get there.

How's your weekend going? I think I've gathered from your posts that it's pretty early days for you too?

T x

Good morning ladies.. I don't want to put a downer!!!! on this but I need some support.. as some of you know I am not well with an illness that means I am off work for at least 6 weeks.. i also need to take medication (sound a right croc!! don't i) anyhow, due to this I loose small amounts of weight .. I have now moved to 810.. last night I went abit loopy and thought I don't know how much more of all this I can take.. especially as I am poorly as well.. it's not even wanting naughty food.. its the fact it's endless.. I've lost 21 pounds since January.. no one has noticed and i have not really changed in clothes sizes.. I joined the gym but can't go for a bit.. when I started in Jan.. I thought it would be all done and dusted by June and I was going to have a healthy slim body.. now I have the feeling of dread.. hot, bothered and fat.. I am really sorry about this girls but I am completley deflated.. any thoughts xxx

Aww Sarah Lou, Hugs comin ur way honey :hug99:
Uv done so well to have lost that weight and sunshines right, better off than on :) I know being under medication, not feeling well, at home all day etc... must get to u at times but make the most of it. Just because ur at home doesnt mean u cant have a routine. Set up a routine and take care of yourself. Iv had the same mindset for such a long time, why meet people, why go on holidays, why do makeup, why make an effort, why get a haircut, paint my nails, wear jewellery and why treat myself in any possible way...coz im fat and theres no point and il just wait till i loose weight and then start my life.
Ive now realized that the above is not the right attitude towards life and ones ownself. I now realize that i owe myself and my body some respect. My body has taken so much abuse in the form of unhealthy food and fats, lack of exercise, lack of sleep, freshair and list can go on and on....Hence, since starting this diet (27th April) I have also began making small changes and have put myself back on my priority list. I try making time for myself even if it is a couple of mins everyday. Ive got a 21 month daughter so most of my time is taken up by her, but ive started going out for walks with her and when she has her afternoon nap, thats pamper time for me, and since the 27th iv done a little something for myself everyday whether its doing my eyebrows, a manicure or a homemade face mask. I look alot happier and fresher. According to my hubby, i look more alive now. Im in a positive and happier mood and that has had a positive effect around the people i am.
So please cheer up :character00238: and dont wait for when youv lost weight...make that change today...NOW! U OWE IT TO URSELF. X

I am really sorry about this girls but I am completley deflated..
Sarah Lou, don't be sorry. I think this forum (and particularly this group) is here for the good times and the bad. We'll all need a helping hand and virtual shoulder at some point and I'm sure you'll be first in line to offer yours when others need it.

You've done so well so far. It's disappointing when people make less than thoughtful comments, but I'm sure you've had positive comments from other people so try to hold onto those. I think lots of us find it so much easier to remember the negative comments and we kind of dismiss the positive ones. We treat ourselves badly and would never think of doing that to others.

Hmm, this post has given me an idea for the group. Perhaps we should post the positive comments we get from people each day/week to keep us inspired and as a written record so that we don't forget them! What do others think?

T :)

Ok, i'm getting narky now cos i can't get the logo.:mad:

Where's my toffee?

.....of the CD variety of course!:D

Ok, i'm getting narky now cos i can't get the logo.:mad:

I had to 'save as' and then upload it from the file it was saved in in My Docs. Couldn't just copy and paste. Give that a shot, if you haven't already.

:)

Big welcome to Scojos, how's it all going for you?

Cooky hun well done on your loss. Hey we are doing really well so far as a team. Can't wait to see where we all are in another 3 weeks time.
Everything okay with you? xxx

:superwoman:Had a really productive day, had a load of practise to do and got it done. Just been to the shop with my other half who's bought yummies I can't mention on here and I am not the least bit interested. Instead I've bought myself some fashion magazines to have a look at what I can be shopping for when I'm at my goal. xxx :dooney:

Hello hello sunshine can i please join chicken even tho i do start tomorrow i am currently 12.11 and would like to loose 12lbs in 4weeks! so around about 11.13 would be my target??

shan x

Hi Shan, lovely to meet you and welcome to a really friendly group. Good luck with your start tomorrow and keep coming back to let us know how you're doing.

xxx

great group,everyones doing so so well. im on day 6 now, scales show 4lb but official WI Tuesday. I have to admit ive not been 100% ON but more On than OFF. nibbled cheese, had skimmed milk in tea and diet coke!! Hoping to be more ON than OFF for some 3 months or so. Just thought I'd check in and say HI and hope youre all coping with this bank hol OK. Have to say its a struggle for me, I just love to be out dining, relaxing.....grrrr.....but im writing my blog which is helping and focusing on WHY I want to be slim!!!

Back