Sian's 2015 restart - time to shift the weight once and for all!

dudette2001uk said:
The cupcakes are from a recipe here http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/286862-chocolate-orange-cupcakes-less-than-1-syn-each.html

I didn't bother with the quark on top, but I think I must have done something wrong as mine didn't rise very well, and tasted like slightly chocolatey omelettes! I really must give up trying to make SW cakes, lol! :) xx

This made me giggle...sorry lol. I tried the pancake things with sweetener and stuff, they were like sweet omelettes, edible but I haven't made them since!!

A visual reminder to myself...

This is what 1lb of fat looks like

1lb_fat.jpg

This is what 5lb of fat looks like

AC111936l.jpg

So over the last 2 weeks I've lost the equivalent of the bottom picture. Now I'm well aware that a chunk of what I've lost must have been water, but it looks good all the same! :D

Last edited:
This made me giggle...sorry lol. I tried the pancake things with sweetener and stuff, they were like sweet omelettes, edible but I haven't made them since!!

I made the pancakes once too...and haven't bothered since! I think I'll just stick to my Greek style muller yoghurts from now on :) xx

God I love them, especially the coconut ones :) must admit to buying them only when they're on offer though lol. Have you ever had one frozen?? I bet they're yummy

No I haven't tried freezing them! I've only ever frozen one muller light and I didn't like it! Too many crystals for my liking :) If you have a co-op near you they're on offer in ther - think they were £1.14, or £1.24 for a box of 4. Better than the 2 for £4 deal they tend to have in tesco :) xx

dudette2001uk said:
No I haven't tried freezing them! I've only ever frozen one muller light and I didn't like it! Too many crystals for my liking :) If you have a co-op near you they're on offer in ther - think they were £1.14, or £1.24 for a box of 4. Better than the 2 for £4 deal they tend to have in tesco :) xx

I got a couple of packs from there a few days ago and they've all gone! Ooops!!

Saturday 11th August (Green)

Morning all! Well today's the day of the hen do, and I have to say I'm really excited! It's only going ot be a quiet affair as the hen and stag have ot deal with my 8 month old niece tomorrow, so I don't think they'll want massive hangovers! She thinks she's getting away without wearing any hen do type stuff but I've got a Bride To Be sash and some L plates for her to wear, haha! :D I've also bought some dare cards, but as we're going to be out in a very small town we may not want to use those, lol! Some of them don't really apply if you know everybody there :)

I think this evening will be a flexi syn night, and then I'll have to go back to being as good as gold for the rest of the week. Fingers crossed the result isn't too bad next Friday! :)

Oh, I'm also up to 1500 words of my essay - 30% of the way there, woooo!:D

Today's food diary:

Breakfast:

2 golden syrup weetabix (HexB1 + 2 syns)
250ml SS milk (HexA1)
Banana

Lunch:

Turkey burgers (HexB2 for turkey)
Salad - lettuce, tomato, cucumber, beetroot, grapes, pickled onions
Cottage cheese
EL salad cream - 1 syn

Supper:

Pasta with a sauce of courgette, mushrooms, peppers, garlic, salt, pepper and EL soft cheese - 1/2 HexA2
14g parmesan - 1/2 HexA2

Snacks:

Syns for today: 3

Total syns: 11.5/105

Sunday 12th August

Urgh!!!! Dying.com today...not a good night in terms of syns, but a good night nonetheless! :D My aim of flexi-synning didn't really happen...I think I lost count after 5 vodka, lime and sodas, oops! :eek: Oh well, it's a once in a lifetime event for the bride-to-be (hopefully!) so I don't really mind too much! :)

I'm not really sure what day I'm having today...still battling with the queasy feeling :(

Breakfast:

None as I didn't get up until nearly 12! :eek:

Lunch:

2 x wholemeal toast
LF spread - 2 syns
Bovril
Banana

Supper:

Snacks:

2 satsumas
Quavers - 4.5 syns

Syns for today: 6.5

Total syns: 1,000,002!! :eek:

Last edited:
Lol poor you!! Sounds like you had a good night though which is the main thing :)

You didn't fancy a fry up then?? ;) hope you feel better soon

Tuesday 14th August (Red)

Well I think I've finally recovered from Saturday night...the 2 day hangover was probably well-deserved :eek: I haven't filled in my food diary for a couple of days, probably because I haven't been very good, oops! I really need to get past the mentality of "oh I've gone way over my syns for the week already so what's the point!" :eek: I guess I'll just have to try to claw back some of the inevitable weight gain for next week's weigh-in!

Today's food diary is looking like this:

Breakfast:

None as I had an upset stomach this morning - must have eaten something that didn't agree with me yesterday!

Lunch:

4 x wholemeal bread (2 x HexB) made into two ham, laughing cow (1/2 HexA1) and bovril toasties
EL spread - 3 syns
Quavers - 4.5 syns

Supper:

Salad - lettuce, cucumber, tomato, beetroot, grapes, pickled onions
FF cottage cheese
2 boiled eggs
Leftover pork
EL salad cream -
1 syn

Snacks:

Syns for today: 8.5

Wednesday 15th August (EE)

Afternoon all! Just popping on quickly to update my diary...I'm on a roll with my essay writing so I don't want to be away from it for too long :) Up to 3600 words now, wooo!

I had to go for fasting blood tests this morning, so no breakfast for me. Apart from that, there's very little to report today. I've got to go into school for A level results tomorrow - fingers crossed my pupils have done ok! :) I'll be trying my best to be good - think I'll probably go to the gallery to have a ham salad. I'm not holding out any hope of not putting weight on this week though with the hen do and 2 day hangover munchies, hmmm! :eek: Guess it's my own fault though, but good as gold next week and hopefully I'll lose any weight I put on :)

Today's food diary looks like this:

Breakfast:

None

Lunch:

2 x wholemeal bread made into eggy bread (HexB)
Fried mushrooms
2 tbsp ketchup - 2 syns

Supper:

SW egg fried rice
Pork
Sweet and sour sauce - 4 syns

Snacks:

1 turkey thigh
2 satsumas
1 donut peach

Syns for today: 6

Last edited:
Hi Sian

I've been reading through your food diary and you're doing really well and still managing to squeeze in some party time which is great :)

And it looks like you've worked really hard this week too!!

Good luck for Friday

Thursday 16th August (EE)

Well the food for today ended up being nothing like the plan! The gallery where I would have had the ham salad was heaving with tourists, so we went somewhere else in the end.

Today's food is as follows:

Breakfast:

A banana

Lunch:

Jacket potato
Baked beans
Small amount of cheese
Large side salad

Supper:

Left over egg fried rice
Chicken breast - HexB for oil
Small amount of pasta salad - 5 syns
Tomatoes

Snacks:

Syns for today: 5

Last edited:
Friday 17th August (EE)

Morning all! Well I'm happy to report that I stayed the same this week...I'm relieved about that as I was fully expecting a gain with being at a hen do and having hangover munchies for the two days after.

So onwards and downwards now this week as I have no special events or anything to go to. My brother's getting married next Saturday, so that will probably be quite a high syn day, which is why I need to lose some weight this week :) I'm going to have a teetotal weekend this weekend, so that should help...last weekend put me off drinking!

I have to say though, it's such a great feeling to feel in control of my weight loss...for so long my weight was spiralling out of control, but now I finally feel like I'm back in control :D

Ooo, and I'm also going to do a green tea challenge this week...I drink a lot of it anyway, but I'm aiming to drink at least 4 cups a day :)
Today's food looks like this:

Breakfast:

2 donut peaches

Lunch:

Ham
Salad - lettuce, cucumber, tomato, beetroot, grapes, pickled onions, boiled eggs
EL salad cream - 1 syn

Supper:

Proper macaroni cheese ~15 syn + HexA +1/2 HexB
Bacon
Tomatoes
Beetroot

Snacks:

1 ginger nut biscuit - 2 syns
Quavers - 4.5 syns
2 apples

Green teas:

4/4 :checkmark: