Sian's 2015 restart - time to shift the weight once and for all!

Saturday 18th August (EE)

Morning all! Not a lot to report today so far...feeling a bit dopey to be honest! I think it's the come down from the frantic essay writing this week :) I can finally move on to school work now - hopefully I'll get all that done before I go back to school on 3rd September :)

Today's food diary is as follows:

Breakfast:

2 golden syrup Weetabix - HexB + 2 syns
Greek style muller - 1/2 syn
Banana

Lunch:

Chicken thighs
Salad - lettuce, cucumber, tomato, beetroot, grapes, pickled onions, boiled eggs
EL salad cream - 1 syn

Supper:

Pork chop
Peas
New potatoes

Snacks:

2 homemade doughnuts - 24 syns

Green teas:

3/4 - must do better!

Today's syns: 24.5

Total syns: 50/105

Last edited:
Sunday 19th August (Green)

Afternoon all! Another quiet day here...re-writing schemes of work while it's pouring down with rain! :( I'm pleased with myself - I stuck to my resolve of a tee-total weekend and only drank diet coke and diet fanta last night! :D Go me, haha!

Breakfast:

Banana

Lunch:

Chicken savoury rice
Sweetcorn

Supper:

Roast chicken (HexB1)
Roast potatoes
Carrots
Broccoli
Gravy - 5 syns
Bread sauce - HexB2 + HexA + 5 syns

Snacks:

Green teas:

4/4 :checkmark:

Today's syns: 10

Total syns: 60/105

Last edited:
Monday 20th August (EE)

Afternoon all! Well I'm zonked out completely...couldn't get to sleep last night until about 2 and then woke up at 7, so I decided to go for an early morning swim. Now I want to sleep, lol!

Breakfast:

None as I was swimming then I went shopping

Lunch:

Eggy bread (HexB)
Fried mushrooms
Bought scotch egg - 13.5 syns

Supper:

Boiled ham
Salad - lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, grapes, beetroot, 42g RF cheddar (HexA)
New potatoes
Salad cream - 1 syn

Snacks:

Quavers - 4.5 syns

Green teas:

5/4 :checkmark: Made up for the one I missed the other day! :)

Today's syns: 19

Total syns: 79/105

Last edited:
Just quickly saying hi.......I'm on the ferry on the way back from hols, will read through properly when I'm home :) hope you've had a good week :)

Tuesday 21st August (Green)

Today I'm feeling very lazy...I didn't wake up until 11 as I forgot to set my alarm, oops! Ah well, I'm making the most of the last couple of weeks of my holiday. The Autumn term is always really busy in school, so I need to make sure I'm well rested :)

Breakfast:

None

Lunch:

Homemade tomato, pepper and basil soup
2 x wholemeal bread (HexB)
EL spread - 2 syns

Supper:

Ham (HexB2)
Salad
Corn on the cob
Cottage cheese
Pasta salad - 5 syns

Snacks:

2 donut peaches
Greek style muller - 1/2 syn
2 ginger nut biscuits - 4 syns

Green teas:

Today's syns: 11.5

Total syns: 90.5/105

Syns remaining: 14.5

Last edited:
Wednesday 22nd August (Red)

Morning all! Well I need to be a bit more productive today...my brother's wedding is looming and I can't see me doing any work at the weekend, so I'd better get my backside in gear with the BTEC work I have to do! Wish me luck - it's so boring! :( At least I have swimming to look forward to this evening, something to break up the monotony :)

Breakfast:

Banana

Lunch:

2 x wholemeal bread (HexB1)
EL spread - 2 syns
45g RF cheddar (HexA1)

Supper:

Ham
2 x wholemeal toast (HexB2)
EL spread - 2 syns
2 fried eggs
Tinned plum tomatoes

Snacks:

Green teas:

Today's syns: 8

Total syns: 98.5/105

Syns remaining: 6.5

Last edited:
Thursday 23rd August (Red)

Morning all! Just a quick post this morning as I'm beavering away with school work. I think I'm going to end up going slightly over syns this week as my aunt's coming down and my mum's decided we're having lasagne (with proper bechamel sauce :() At least if I have a green day I can use two HexAs towards the sauce so the syns are slightly reduced. As it stands it's only 2 syns over the 105, so hopefully those 40 calories won't have too much of an impact for tomorrow's WI :)

EDIT: Dinner changed, so I haven't gone over syns, wooo! :D

Breakfast:

Banana
2 satsumas

Lunch:

2 x wholemeal bread (HexB1)
EL spread - 2 syns
45g RF cheddar (HexA1)

Supper:

Stuffed marrow
New potatoes (HexB2)
Tomato, onion and pepper sauce
Parmesan (HexA2)

Snacks:

Strawberries
Greek style muller - 0.5 syn

Green teas:

Today's syns: 6.5

Total syns: 105/105

Last edited:
Thanks! Yeah it is my weigh day tomorrow morning...fingers crossed :) Dinner ended up changing - we had stuffed marrow in the end, so I haven't gone over syns for this week, yay! I can even have a ginger biscuit later and a yoghurt, wooo! :) xx

dudette2001uk said:
Thanks! Yeah it is my weigh day tomorrow morning...fingers crossed :) Dinner ended up changing - we had stuffed marrow in the end, so I haven't gone over syns for this week, yay! I can even have a ginger biscuit later and a yoghurt, wooo! :) xx

Stuffed marrow....is it nice??? Don't think I've ever had it.

Good luck for weigh in tomorrow!! :)

Stuffed marrow....is it nice??? Don't think I've ever had it.

Good luck for weigh in tomorrow!! :)

Good luck for weigh in Hun !! Oh I've never tried marrow it sounds delish !!

Thanks ladies! I lost 1lb, so I'm pleased with that. One pound off is better than 1lb on :D I didn't quite hit my target of 7lb off over the summer holidays, and I don't think it's going to be a very good week this week as my brother's getting married tomorrow. Hmmm! We're only going for a meal and a few drinks though so I'll just have to try to make the best choice that I can :)

The stuffed marrow was lush...it was stuffed with a mince, onion, pepper, tomato and paprika stuffing bound with an egg. We cut the marrow into rings and cored them, then baked the stufifng in the rings. They were a nice change :) We served them with a tomato and pepper sauce, so very SW friendly in the end :)

Friday 24th August (EE)

Not a lot to report today, other than I lost 1lb this week :) I also had my hair highlighted this morning, ready for the winter, wooo! It's my brother's wedding tomorrow, so I'm going to have to try to make the best possible choices in terms of food and drink. We're only going to a restaurant for a meal, so I can hopefully choose something quite SW-friendly to eat. The alcohol is probably more likely to be a problem, although I'm not drinking like I did on the hen do, bleurgh!

Breakfast:

None as I was at the hairdressers for over 2 hours!

Lunch:

2 x wholemeal bread made into a ham sandwich (HexB)
EL spread - 2 syns
Quavers - 4.5 syns

Supper:

Fish pie - HexA + 5 syns

Snacks:

1 ginger nut biscuit - 2 syns

Today's syns: 13.5

Total syns: 13.5/105

Evening lovelies!! I'm back, wooo! :D Not that I was away for long, but there we go :) The wedding was lovely yesterday...after telling myself I wasn't going to cry I did get a bit sniffly, oops! Ah well, it was a very happy occasion...I think a few sneaky tears are allowed!

As anticipated, it wasn't a very good day in terms of the diet. Lots of yummy food, and lots of syns spent on drink mean that I have no syns left this week, oops! I didn't have a hangover though today - result! Haha! I'm going to draw a line under the weekend's syns and carry on as normal...if I can eat fairly low-syn meals this week then maybe the gain won't be too massive on friday. I'm not even going to hope for a STS or a loss, but at least I'll have a bloomin good reason for the gain! Hopefully the wedding will be a once in a lifetime event for my brother, so a bit of weight gain is nothing in the scheme of things :)

Back to writing a diary tomorrow...tatty byes for now! :)

Monday 27th August (Red)

Morning all! Well I made the mistake of getting on the scales to see the damage the weekend had done...3lb on since I weighed myself on Friday morning! :eek: Gutted.com!! Now I know that I can't rely on daily weigh-ins for an accurate result, but I really don't think that the weekend warranted a 3lb gain. No way did I over-eat and drink by over 10,000 calories! :cry:

Oh well, I guess I'd better just be as good as possible and eat lots of healthy salads this week. I've accepted the fact that I'm going to gain this week, so I'll just have to be extra good next week. It'll help being back in school, as I'm less tempted to keep snacking between meals. I'll also be able to plan my meals properly, as when I'm home with my parents I try to not rock the boat too much by making completely different meals for myself all the time, which can become quite synful if they decide to have something like macaroni cheese or lasagne! :eek:

Breakfast:

None - I had a bit of a lie in this morning

Lunch:

Porridge (HexB)
Sliced banana
Milk (1/2 HexA)

Supper:

Chicken
Salad - lettuce, tomato, cucumber, pepper, grapes, pickled onions, fresh pineapple
EL salad cream - 2 syn
45g RF cheddar (HexA2)

Snacks:

Pineapple
Nectarine

Today's syns: 2

Last edited:
You'll get that 3lb off no problemo!!! You sound like you're back on track today with your meals :) I'm still only 90% since gaining on hols so a big well done to you!!

Back