Sian's 2015 restart - time to shift the weight once and for all!

Monday 19th August (EE)

Morning ladies. How are we all? I'm feeling a little better this morning, although fundamentally my belief hasn't really changed. At least I'm not wanting to burst into tears every two minutes today (well not quite!). I think my hormones are mucking me around as my totm is due around now, which would probably explain the feeling emotional!

I made the mistake of weighing myself this morning...2.5lb up from Friday! :eek: :eek: I need to be extra good for the rest of the week to see if I can shift some of that, although I'll accept any gain as being throughly deserved after all the yummy buffet food, dessert, cake and alcohol from the weekend, haha! Although my alcohol consumption was actually very low considering it was a wedding...makes a change, lol! So I've drawn a line under the weekend and now I'm back on plan. Onwards and downwards! :D

The food plan so far...

Breakfast:

None - I'm too busy with work!

Lunch:

Pasta salad (pasta, tomatoes, cucumber, peppers, spring onions)
Ham
Boiled egg
EL salad cream and EL mayo - 3 syns

Supper:

Roast chicken
New potatoes
Carrots
Green beans
Broccoli
Gravy - 5 syns

Snacks and drinks:

Nectarine
Banana

Today's syns: 8

Last edited:
Morning ladies!

The wedding went really well thanks! It was a lovely service! They were disappointed with the reception as the venue had been so awkward, but on the whole I think everyone thoroughly enjoyed! Even better...I don't have a hangover today! :D:D On the downside, I'm probably about 5lb heavier than Friday morning, haha! Never mind, the gain next Friday will be worth it :) xx

Don't worry about a mall gain, life is for living , and you will soon get rid of it. What is life if there is no joy in it and if like me one of the joys of life for you is food !!!

I need to find a boyfriend first though...I don't think they'll let you marry imaginary friends, lol! Xx

I don't know, it would appear you can marry just about anyone these days lol !!!

Here's a picture of me in my outfit!

View attachment 103413

Here's a picture of the bride and groom

View attachment 103414

You look super fantastic and the groom looks so young !! or is it cos I am so old.

I think part of my problem is that I can't see me ever getting married...partly because I never seem to be able to find anybody decent who doesn't treat me like crap, and partly because I can't understand why anybody decent would want me! :( xxx

Now I am very, very cross with you. What a load of nonsense. You are such a lovely person. Any man with half a brain would be lucky to have you.

Sian if that is the image you carry that is the image you will project. So stop it NOW. That is an order. Positive Mental Attitude at all times. You are a worthy person and deserve a worthy partner.

I've been craving a roast for days... Mmm mm mm!! Xxx

That is two of us, in fact I said to Paul after we have finished what we have to do tomorrow we are going to find an English restaurant that does a roast for our lunch ( we are on holiday ).

Lots of love to you lovely Sian, believe in yourself. xxxxxxx

Don't worry about a mall gain, life is for living , and you will soon get rid of it. What is life if there is no joy in it and if like me one of the joys of life for you is food !!!

Food is definitely one of my main joys in life...I'm very much a live to eat person rather than an eat to live person! :)

I don't know, it would appear you can marry just about anyone these days lol !!!

There's hope for me then if that's the case! ;)

You look super fantastic and the groom looks so young !! or is it cos I am so old.

Thanks Sue...I have to admit I liked the dress as soon as I saw it last year. My little brother was 24 in May, so he is very young! It made me feel old watching him get married I have to say :eek:

Now I am very, very cross with you. What a load of nonsense. You are such a lovely person. Any man with half a brain would be lucky to have you.

Sian if that is the image you carry that is the image you will project. So stop it NOW. That is an order. Positive Mental Attitude at all times. You are a worthy person and deserve a worthy partner.

Awwwww!!! You had me in floods of tears reading this (yes, I am a silly sap!). I know that if I carry around a poor image of myself then I can't really expect anyone else to see anything else, but it's hard to break the habits of a lifetime :(

That is two of us, in fact I said to Paul after we have finished what we have to do tomorrow we are going to find an English restaurant that does a roast for our lunch ( we are on holiday ).

Lots of love to you lovely Sian, believe in yourself. xxxxxxx

I hope you manage to find a restaurant that does a nice roast dinner...I really enjoyed ours :)

xxxxxxx

P.S. I hope all my answers show up as a different colour, otherwise the post won't make much sense!

Hi Sian, glad you had a good weekend, you looked lovely (as did the bride and groom!)

I echo everything fillymum said. You are a lovely, attractive woman and someone who deserves you will come along at some point. You certainly have to kiss lots of frogs along the way, just don't make the mistake I did and marry one of them! xxxx

Re: Sian's restart diary - third time lucky! :-D

Hi Sian, glad you had a good weekend, you looked lovely (as did the bride and groom!)

I echo everything fillymum said. You are a lovely, attractive woman and someone who deserves you will come along at some point. You certainly have to kiss lots of frogs along the way, just don't make the mistake I did and marry one of them! xxxx

Morning hun! Thanks for your kind words. I think I've managed to squash those feelings back down now...they just seem to surface every so often! Weddings do seem to be a major trigger for them though! I'm far more positive today though, yay! :D xx

Sounds like you're back to your normal self :) what's your plans for today hun? I'm school shoe shopping later... Wish me luck lol xx

Tuesday 20th August (EE)

Morning ladies. I hope everybody's well this fine morning! I made the mistake of weighing myself again this morning, and now the scales are saying 3lb up from Friday, eek! They're going in the wrong direction completely!!!!! :eek::eek: I think I might stay off them now until Friday as all they'll do is make me feel completely disheartened!

The food plan so far...

Breakfast:

Banana

Lunch:

Leftover pasta salad (pasta, tomatoes, cucumber, peppers, spring onions, ham, EL salad cream) - 2 syn
Bacon and egg sandwich
Ketchup - 1 syn

Supper:

Cold chicken
Baked sweet potato topped with some philli light and cheddar (HexA)
Tomatoes, beetroot, pickled onions
Pasta salad - 3 syns
Ketchup - 1 syn

Snacks and drinks:

Nectarine
Mullerlight with a ryvita fruit crunch - 3 syns

Today's syns: 10

Last edited:
Sounds like you're back to your normal self :) what's your plans for today hun? I'm school shoe shopping later... Wish me luck lol xx

Morning hun! Oooo, lucky you...shoe shopping! With a young lad, yuk! Haha! I love shoe shopping, but I remember well my mum dragging the three of us round during the summer holidays to do uniform shopping...boring!

I'm cracking on with work again today...I think if I keep busy I won't put more rubbish in my mouth, otherwise I'll be like ten ton Tess by Friday morning and it's taken 3 weeks to get rid of 4lb, lol! My older brother and his missus are here today with my niece, so my head's bouncing at the moment, lol! Have a fab day hun xxx

Last edited:
Glad you're feeling better. I think that's a good idea to stay off the scales until Friday. I think a lot of us are guilty of serial weighing but we shouldn't let the scales dictate how we feel. You know how far you've and how well you've done so don't let them change that :) x

LOL !!!!!!! You can always throw him back in the pond !!!

Morning hun! Thanks for your kind words. I think I've managed to squash those feelings back down now...they just seem to surface every so often! Weddings do seem to be a major trigger for them though! I'm far more positive today though, yay! :D xx

Hugs........................I am waving my magic wand !!!!

rubbish................bin it !!

Wednesday 21st August (EE)

The food plan so far...

Breakfast:

Apple

Lunch:

Magic pancakes (HexB)
Banana
Nectarine
Clementine
Mullerlight
Golden syrup - 2 syns

Supper:

Pork chop
New potatoes
Green beans and peas
Mushroom, onion and parsley sauce (HexA + 2 syns for cornflour)

Snacks and drinks:

Today's syns: 4

Last edited:
Yeah you really did avoid the rubbish.........well done you !!!

Back