Sian's 2015 restart - time to shift the weight once and for all!

Re: Sian's restart diary - third time lucky! :-D

I'm stuffed now after my pudding! I thought about making a scan bran cake, but I need to save syns for the Chinese buffet I'm going to on Wednesday evening (I think!). I'm aiming for 5 syns a day for the next 3 days, which will leave me with 30 syns for the buffet. I don't think that will anywhere near cover it, but at least it's a start!

Pmsl... That's what kev's nephew called me when we took him camping a few weeks ago... Aunty farty pants!! Hehe xx

I'm just posting this recipe to remind me to make it soon...it sounds nice to me, like a savoury bread and butter pudding :)

Ham and egg cobbler

Ingredients:

2 medium slices white or wholemeal bread
A little soft butter or vegetable oil spread
3 slices wafer thin ham, torn in half
4 large British Lion eggs
60ml/4tbsp milk
50g/2oz cheddar cheese, grated
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Method:

1. Butter the bread and cut the slices into quarters. Arrange the slices in a shallow micro-proof dish.
  2. Tuck the slices of ham in between the bread.
  3. Crack the eggs into a jug, add the milk and seasoning. Beat together with a wire whisk, then pour over the bread, pressing down the bread to soak up the milk.
  4. Cover the dish with an upturned plate and microwave on HIGH for 5 mins, turning after 3 mins.
  5. Remove the dish from the oven and scatter over the cheese and return to the oven.
  6. Cook on HIGH for 1min.
  7. Leave to stand for 2 mins before serving. If liked pop the cobbler under a hot grill to brown. Serve hot or warm with salad.

Last edited:
Another recipe I want to try at some point...

Low calorie egg flip and potato pie
Ingredients:

2 British Lion eggs 142ml semi-skimmed milk
Salt & pepper

320g cooked potatoes
113g tomatoes, skinned

Low calorie cooking spray
130g grated low fat cheddar (3 x HexA)

Parsley to garnish

Method:

1. Preheat the oven to 170
  2. Beat the eggs thoroughly and add the milk, salt and pepper
  3. Slice the cooked potatoes and tomatoes
  4. Spray a pie dish with low calorie cooking spray. Add a layer of potato, then tomato, add a sprinkling of cheeses and 2-3 tablespoons of the egg mixture. Layer again, finishing with a layer of cheese and pour over the remaining egg mixture
  5. Bake slowly in a moderate oven for about 40 minutes until set and the cheese topping is golden brown
  6. Garnish with parsley and serve
Sue Warner’s Egg Flip and Potato Pie is the winner of Slimming World’sEggs Factor recipe competition. Syns per serving: 1 Syn on Extra Easy* andGreen*
*Add 6 Syns if not using cheese as a Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice

Tuesday 27th August (EE)

The food plan so far...

Breakfast:

Banana

Lunch:

The ham and egg cobbler recipe I found yesterday (I don't have any ham though so it's going to be chicken and leek instead) - (HexA + HexB + part of yesterday's HexA ;)) + 2 syns
Grapes

Supper:

Chicken and sweetcorn chinese type dish
Boiled rice
Broccoli

Snacks and drinks:

Mango, grapes and a shape yoghurt

Today's syns: 2

Total syns: 62

Syns remaining: 43/105

Last edited:

Morning Sian! Playing catch up... you looked lovely in your dress for the wedding, love the print on it. Sounds like you've been a bit up and down too, boo to that but yay to being back up and positive :) have you much planned for the last week of summer hols? Enjoy while you can! Xxx

Morning Sian - enjoy the last week of your hols - it's flown by hasn't it? x

Morning ladies!

Minky, wooooo! Lovely to have you back hun! From reading your diary things have been very hectic for you. Big woop woop on woman of the year though hun, that's fab!

Lisa - thanks hun! I'm trying my best to have a good week to counteract the yummy Chinese I'm going to be eating tomorrow night ;)

Spanx - thanks hun! It has indeed flown by. I don't quite feel that I've really had a holiday yet and it's back to the grindstone on Monday. I've got a lot of new A level to teach this year so I'm going to be very busy with preparing stuff for that. No rest for the wicked!

So far this morning I've washed my car and hoovered it out. Can't have it going for its service and MOT looking scruffy! I've had to take everything out of the car - how do I have so many bags for life?!?!? They're taking over, lol! :D

Hope you all have a fab day xxx

Last edited:

Wow, I'm stuffed after my lunch! It was also really yummy...I'll be making it again definitely :) I used less eggs than the recipe said as I was making it for one, and I used only a HexA of red leicester cheese on the top, yum!

Here's a picture...it doesn't look very elegant though! :D

1377603072028.jpg

Check out this beautiful beautiful bottle of perfume!

$T2eC16VHJGIFFoO9KWiJBSEQM,ys0w~~60_12.JPG

I want it! :(

I also want another bottle of Jean Paul Gaultier Classique...the two of them combined come to between £70 and £80. I'm not sure I can justify spending that much...maybe I could have one per month ;) We don't really do Christmas or birthday presents in my family (parents are both retired and not very well off, and both my brothers have children to fork out on) so I can't even ask for the perfume for Christmas :sigh:

I love Jean Paul Gaultier perfume... It's just a shame that once it comes into contact with my skin it smells like cat wee :-(

That certainly is a beautiful bottle :) would look so pretty on a dressing table... Not mine though because a) I haven't got one lol and b) it would clash terribly with my pinky purple walls! :D:D

I love Jean Paul Gaultier perfume... It's just a shame that once it comes into contact with my skin it smells like cat wee :-(

That certainly is a beautiful bottle :) would look so pretty on a dressing table... Not mine though because a) I haven't got one lol and b) it would clash terribly with my pinky purple walls! :D:D

Lol! Now you definitely wouldn't want it to clash with your walls - that would be a complete travesty! Luckily my walls are cream, so it would go very nicely I think. Not that I have a dressing table either...I do have a desk in my room though, so I'm sure I'd manage. xx

Hiya hun! Awww, has your OH got man flu? No doubt he's far more ill than any woman has ever been if he has! :)

I've had an uneventful day, school work and that's about it :) xx

Last edited:
Im sure he just has really bad wind lol - I was a dutiful wife and gave him paracetamol for the pain, a laxative, some tonic water and some fresh orange juice :D kill or cure I say

Back