Sian's 2015 restart - time to shift the weight once and for all!

Thursday 29th August (EE)

The food plan so far...

Breakfast:

None - I'm rubbish at eating breakfast over the holidays :eek:

Lunch:

The chicken and sweetcorn dish from the other night (small portion)
6 Ryvita wholegrain crackerbreads (HexB) topped with philli light (HexA) and sliced tomato - bit of an odd combination for lunch, lol!

Supper:

Cottage pie - 5 syns
Green beans and broccoli

Snacks and drinks:

Today's syns: 5

Total syns: Tons + 67!

Syns remaining: 0/105

Last edited:
Afternoon ladies. How is everybody? Hope you're all well!

I'm feeling really meh today...I've got period pains, I feel fat and frumpy and I'm feeling really stressed out. I already posted this on off topic for some advice, but seeing as this is my diary I don't see why I can't put it here too.

My mum and I are quite worried about my dad. He's been a bit unsteady for a couple of weeks, and he fell outside at the weekend while watering the tomatoes. He finally admitted on Tuesday that he's experiencing weakness down his right side and he thought he might have had a stroke. He's had no problems with his speech or his vision, just the weakness which doesn't seem to be getting better. In fact it seems to be getting worse.

He has been to the doctor and he's got an appointment with the stroke clinic on Tuesday, but the doctor wasn't convinced that he's had a stroke.

I'm just worrying that it could be something more serious like a brain tumour...he had stage 4 bowel cancer 4 years ago, which they say they managed to kill through a combination of chemo, radiotherapy and surgery, but I'm worried this could be a secondary tumour from that.

I know I shouldn't stress about it until after he's had his appointment and his scan, but it's easier said than done :( I'm trying to keep myself busy, but I just find myself dwelling on all the ifs, and I can't really concentrate on anything.

:( xxx

Re: Sian's restart diary - third time lucky! :-D

Afternoon ladies. How is everybody? Hope you're all well!

I'm feeling really meh today...I've got period pains, I feel fat and frumpy and I'm feeling really stressed out. I already posted this on off topic for some advice, but seeing as this is my diary I don't see why I can't put it here too.

My mum and I are quite worried about my dad. He's been a bit unsteady for a couple of weeks, and he fell outside at the weekend while watering the tomatoes. He finally admitted on Tuesday that he's experiencing weakness down his right side and he thought he might have had a stroke. He's had no problems with his speech or his vision, just the weakness which doesn't seem to be getting better. In fact it seems to be getting worse.

He has been to the doctor and he's got an appointment with the stroke clinic on Tuesday, but the doctor wasn't convinced that he's had a stroke.

I'm just worrying that it could be something more serious like a brain tumour...he had stage 4 bowel cancer 4 years ago, which they say they managed to kill through a combination of chemo, radiotherapy and surgery, but I'm worried this could be a secondary tumour from that.

I know I shouldn't stress about it until after he's had his appointment and his scan, but it's easier said than done :( I'm trying to keep myself busy, but I just find myself dwelling on all the ifs, and I can't really concentrate on anything.

:( xxx

Aww honey... I'm so sorry to hear you're feeling like this... You'll have period bloat, that's why you feel frumpy... And you're poor dad, how long has he been experiencing the weakness? He probably didn't want to worry yourself and your mum.. But at least he's got the appointment and they will be able to help him... Please try not to worry... I know it's hard not too though.. . It could be something not serious at all.. My dad thought that he had had a stroke several years ago, but it turned out to be bells palsy (think that's how it's spelt).. And that's why his face had drooped. Are you able to go along to his appointment with him for support??
We're all here for you hun for whenever you need a chat xxxxxx

Aww honey... I'm so sorry to hear you're feeling like this... You'll have period bloat, that's why you feel frumpy... And you're poor dad, how long has he been experiencing the weakness? He probably didn't want to worry yourself and your mum.. But at least he's got the appointment and they will be able to help him... Please try not to worry... I know it's hard not too though.. . It could be something not serious at all.. My dad thought that he had had a stroke several years ago, but it turned out to be bells palsy (think that's how it's spelt).. And that's why his face had drooped. Are you able to go along to his appointment with him for support??
We're all here for you hun for whenever you need a chat xxxxxx

Thanks hun. He's been experiencing the weakness for a couple of weeks. Stupid men who won't say anything when they're not well! His appointment is on Tuesday, so I won't be able to go with him. My mum will be with him though. I just hope it's something that isn't serious...he's already been through so much with the bowel cancer.

I'm just going to try to keep myself occupied until we know a bit more about what's going on. It never rains but it pours I'm telling you! xxx

Last edited:
Evening lovely. So sorry you're having a tough time of it with dad :( I'm sure he's probably just as worried as you are so didn't want to say anything.

I can't imagine what you're going through, so I won't say I understand, however were all here if you need to let off steam etc.

I really hope that its nothing too serious come Tuesday, but please do let us know as soon as you know xx

Hi Sian, sorry to hear about your Dad, I hope it's nothing serious. My Grandad kept having falls and complaining of dizzyness, turned out to be a urine infection, so let's hope it's something like that and not a stroke or tumour. It can't be easy waiting for his appointment though, big hugs xxx

Just made the mistake of getting on the scales...I'm not holding out much hope of a loss tomorrow :( Damn totm, and damn Chinese. Even though I wasn't that bad!

Fedup.com! :(

What did you tell me about serial weighing?! :p don't do it!! It'll only be a totm gain if you do, so don't worry hun... It'll come off next week xxx

Haha! I know hun, I did say I need to learn to take my own advice! I never really pay any attention to mid week weighings, but Thursday is usually a good indication of the result in the morning xx

Ta muchly lovey! Even if it's a sts or a gain I'm not going to let it get me down. Tomorrow's the beginning of a new week :)

Check out my new chilled out attitude to dieting, lol! Xx

Morning ladies!

I'm reporting in with a 1lb loss this week, yay! :D It was actually a 1.25lb loss, but minimins and ticker factory don't do quarter pounds so I thought I'd round it down.

I'm off to see my best friend now, followed by a hair cut. I'm not sure whether we'll be going out for lunch or not so I'll update my diary later.

Have a good day everybody! :) xxx

Hi Sian. Just read through your diary (finally!! Always have to read everything from start to finish!). So sorry to hear about your dad, it must be such a worry. Hope the appointment goes well on Tues & it's nothing serious.

Well done on your loss thos week!

X

Back