Sian's 2015 restart - time to shift the weight once and for all!

Hi Sian, so glad to read that things seem to be going really well for your Dad, long may it continue. You've done so well to stick to SW this week with all that's going on, your food diaries look really good! xxx

Re: Sian's restart diary - third time lucky! :-D

Evening ladies! Wow, I'm pooped! Stayed behind after work today and did 2.5 hours of marking. Still got another 3 sets of books to mark though over the weekend :(

On a brighter note however...my dad's home from the hospital!!!!! My brother and mum brought him back with them today!! :D:D:D I'm so happy!

Weigh in in the morning...scales don't look very good. I'm going to be so fed up if it's a gain as I've had a bloomin fantastic week, even if I do say so myself! :(

Xxx

So pleased your dad is back at home hun... There's a few people who have been so good this week and gained... No idea what's going on!! Will have everything crossed for you though.... What a lot of marking :eek:

Morning ladies! I gained 1lb again this week. I'm really fed up now...I've had a really good week and I still gain weight. I don't know why I bother really! When I have worse weeks I will lose weight but when I'm an angel I put on weight. Grrr!! So frustrating! :(:( xx

Hugs Sian x

It's really frustrating, and I don't know what to suggest.

Have you tried putting two food diaries next to each other? A week where you've had a good loss and a week where you haven't? You may be not having something on those good weeks? Or have extra superfree on not so good weeks knowing you'll have a meal or 2 off plan?

The only other thing I would suggest is maybe tracking your cycle for a while?

What are you eating on weigh days? Any blowout or anything like that that could be hindering? xx

There's some really good ideas there hun. I weigh first thing on a Friday, so I try to make sure I don't eat that much on a Thursday evening. Other than that my meals are pretty normal on a Thursday. I try not to eat things that are really salty for lunch on a Thursday either just in case. I have a feeling it might be my cycle that's causing issues this week, but I guess I'll find out soon enough! :)

I guess all we can do is keep plodding on! Xx

Oh Sian, that's a bugger, especially after having such a good week. I suspect it might be stress-related though, after all you've been through with your Dad - our bodies have funny ways of reacting to stress, one of which is to hang on to every last morsel, just in case the stress is related to not having enough food. So don't despair - you've been really good this week and it will show at some point!

So glad that your Dad's home from the hospital, hope he continues to recover well. xxx

Friday 20th August (Green)

The food plan so far...

Breakfast:

Apple
2 clementines

Lunch:

Cheesy ham pasta bake (half HexA + HexB)

Supper:

Barbeque marinated chicken breast - 3 syns + HexB
Jacket potato with EL spread - 2 syns
Grated RF cheddar (half HexA)
Peas and sweetcorn
Ketchup - 1 syn

Snacks and drinks:

Douwe Egberts chocolate coffee (part HexA)
Carrot batons

Today's syns: 6

Total syns: 6

Syns remaining: 99/105

Last edited:

Saturday 21st August (Green)

The food plan so far...

Breakfast:

None - too much marking!

Lunch:

Cheese, tomato and onion omelette (HexA)
Baked beans

Supper:

Chicken breast (HexB)
Jacket potato with EL spread - 2 syns
Low fat cottage cheese
Green beans
Ketchup - 1 syn

Snacks and drinks:

Douwe Egberts chocolate coffee (part HexA)
Carrot batons
Half a raspberry and almond scan bran cake (half HexB)

Today's syns: 3

Total syns: 9

Syns remaining: 96/105

Last edited:

My food's a bit samey today, but my dad's stomach isn't very good because of the steroids he's on so he only fancies quite plain food. Hence the chicken and baked potato again, lol!

Hmmm...way too many alcohol syns last night. Bruised and battered knees (slipped on the stupid floor twice! :eek:) and less than 3 hours sleep. I can't wait to go back to bed! :rolleyes:

I'm the same hun.... Now I know why I've never had cocktails before lol... I'm dying! And only an hour into our 5 hour journey home lol.... I lay awake all night too xx

I'm the same hun.... Now I know why I've never had cocktails before lol... I'm dying! And only an hour into our 5 hour journey home lol.... I lay awake all night too xx

Oh no!!! Sounds like you had a bad night hun :( Or a good night up until the lack of sleep, lol! I love cocktails...they feel so naughty, but really they've got hardly any alcohol in them! I on the other hand had far too much vodka, danced like an idiot to all manner of rubbish, fell over twice, and insisted on having some 'issues' out with a guy who likes me but is too much of a bloomin pain in the arse to do anything about it. All in all an eventful night! :eek: xx

Back