Siany's VLCD!!!!

siany2703

Hi Everyone thanks for reading this, So I'm trying to loose 3 stone Ive already lost 1st 5lb now I need to lose the other 3 so I thought I would blog on here what I am eating each day to give me some motivation to succeed!!

My Hubby is away in afghan for the next 7 weeks and my goal is to off lost at least another 2 stone and to pass my driving test both things that for many years I have wanted to achieve!

I have everything I've ever wanted in my life now 2 perfect children and a lovely husband now I need to be happy in my self my self confidence is at an all time low :(

So this is my daily plan!

Slim fast shake for breakfast -

Slim Fast shake for lunch

(slim fast is made this water as Im intolerant to Milk )

Weight watchers soup for dinner

and a weight watchers 100 cal snack

All this add's up 498 calories as the slimfast without the milk is only 160 !

Now I just have to stick to it! Im also taking multi vits and extra vitamin c xxx

Start weight - 13st 5lbs

Current weight - 12st 2lbs

Goal weight -9st

Last edited:
Sounds a bit dangerous to me as the Slimfast products are not meant to be used as total meal replacement products and you're supposed to have a proper meal in the evening. The only way you should be having a daily calorie intake as low as that is if you follow a proper VLCD containing meal replacement products to be honest. The amount of carbs in the Slimfast shakes (ie lots of sugar!) mean that you will not go into ketosis that has the effect of suppressing hunger and making a low calorie intake much easier. Without going into ketosis you will be permanently hungry. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you will feel much better and it will be much safer if you follow a proper VLCD.

Hi Everyone thanks for reading this, So I'm trying to loose 3 stone Ive already lost 1st 5lb now I need to lose the other 3 so I thought I would blog on here what I am eating each day to give me some motivation to succeed!!

My Hubby is away in afghan for the next 7 weeks and my goal is to off lost at least another 2 stone and to pass my driving test both things that for many years I have wanted to achieve!

I have everything I've ever wanted in my life now 2 perfect children and a lovely husband now I need to be happy in my self my self confidence is at an all time low :(

So this is my daily plan!

Slim fast shake for breakfast -

Slim Fast shake for lunch

(slim fast is made this water as Im intolerant to Milk )

Weight watchers soup for dinner

and a weight watchers 100 cal snack

All this add's up 498 calories as the slimfast without the milk is only 160 !

Now I just have to stick to it! Im also taking multi vits and extra vitamin c xxx

Start weight - 13st 5lbs

Current weight - 12st 2lbs

Goal weight -9st

MiniMins does not allow do it yourself or homemade vlcd's on their forums.

Do it yourself or homemade VLCDs. Hi Everybody,

We have noted the growing trend in homemade VLCD's. While MiniMins is open to all diets, we do have to have certain restrictions on what diet routines can be posted on the site. We have to do this as we do not want to allow these diets on the site, as by doing so we feel that we may be giving out the wrong signals and encouraging people to participate in potentially dangerous diets.

Any diet 800 calories and below per day must be a sanctioned product like that of Cambridge Diet, Lipotrim, Lighter Life, etc, etc.

Pierce
http://www.minimins.com/very-low-calorie-diets/223084-do-yourself-homemade-vlcds.html

Thank you for input :) I actually feel fine this is my third week I have 10 times more energy than before and ive lost over a stone and half now, some days I have more and some days I have less calories I don't let myself get starving, I don't want to go on a planned VLCD such a CD ect as this doesn't teach you anything about watching what you eat ect for me this is a harsh way of getting my belly, brain and eyes to see that I don't need to eat as much as I did before. Thanks for your input I will not longer post as I didn't realise it would cause concern. sorry

Thank you for input :) I actually feel fine this is my third week I have 10 times more energy than before and ive lost over a stone and half now, some days I have more and some days I have less calories I don't let myself get starving, I don't want to go on a planned VLCD such a CD ect as this doesn't teach you anything about watching what you eat ect for me this is a harsh way of getting my belly, brain and eyes to see that I don't need to eat as much as I did before. Thanks for your input I will not longer post as I didn't realise it would cause concern. sorry

Hi Siany,

I think you should keep posting here, especially if you're wanting to train yourself into eating well and being healthful :) There's lots of great support here, especially for when you fall down! (which we all do on a diet!).

It might help to say a bit more about why people have said that what you're doing could be dangerous. As you yourself said, you're wanting to learn how to eat well, so this is a good place to start.

A certified, approved Very Low Calorie Diet has been medically tested to make sure that, even though you're eating very low calories, your body is still getting all the nutrition it needs to keep functioning well. As I'm sure you know if you're low of certain vitamins or iron or nutrients, it can cause all sorts of nasty health problems - some just annoying, some really, really dangerous. I'm sure other people here can spell out exactly what kind of risk you COULD be putting yourself in for better than me. It's great that you feel fine and happy and lots of energy now - but that doesn't mean you're not doing damage to yourself if you're not getting enough nutrition. You may not be getting enough nutrition by mixing and matching something that is just meant as a meal replacement, and using it as a VLCD TOTAL meal replacement.

SO, VLCD is best used (and should ONLY be used) if you're going to do the whole thing, with an approved VLCD, properly and with one set of products (not mix and match). It's good for people who have the willpower to stay on it (especially in week 1), who have a high enough BMI to qualify to do it, and who want to lose a lot of weight, faster.

If you're more interested in learning how to eat healthy, then may I suggest another diet option such as calorie counting. You will lose the weight slower than on a VLCD but you can learn as you go about how to eat well, and of course you can use meal replacement products (which don't have to be VLCD products) as PART of a calorie counting diet.

Please do listen to what the people say here. Of course you're going to do what you choose in the end anyway, but it's best to have all the facts. And I would hate someone to lose all the weight they want but then end up with someone other bad health problems because they were depriving their body of some of the essential stuff it needed. So please do listen and take into consideration what is said here.

Thanks.

I have wondered about the whole slim fast thing. I'm a student doing exante and £100 is ALOT of money to fork out a month (parents arent too impressed at me spending so much but alas i hate being fat more than i hate being poor) and i have considered doing 2.5 slim fast shakes when my exante runs out, as i can get it on discount through family's work.

vitamins and minerals aside . 1 slim fast shake made with water works out at 23g carbs 18g of which are sugar (exactly the same as an exante bar) . If you did this 2 full shakes and 1 half shake you would be low calorie and below the carbs that are recommended by exante (20g x 3 meals for ketosis) so pretty much exactly the same as vlcd.

I know exante is all about the vits and minerals hence why people do it as nutritionally 'sound' , but vitamins and minerals change from person to person and day to day so even exante will never be spot on .

I think the best diet for anyone is the 1 they can stick to, afford, like the taste of, hence why i have started looking at cheaper ways to get similar exante results :) Good Luck!!

Onestepclosertoslim said:
I have wondered about the whole slim fast thing. I'm a student doing exante and £100 is ALOT of money to fork out a month (parents arent too impressed at me spending so much but alas i hate being fat more than i hate being poor) and i have considered doing 2.5 slim fast shakes when my exante runs out, as i can get it on discount through family's work.

vitamins and minerals aside . 1 slim fast shake made with water works out at 23g carbs 18g of which are sugar (exactly the same as an exante bar) . If you did this 2 full shakes and 1 half shake you would be low calorie and below the carbs that are recommended by exante (20g x 3 meals for ketosis) so pretty much exactly the same as vlcd.

I know exante is all about the vits and minerals hence why people do it as nutritionally 'sound' , but vitamins and minerals change from person to person and day to day so even exante will never be spot on .

I think the best diet for anyone is the 1 they can stick to, afford, like the taste of, hence why i have started looking at cheaper ways to get similar exante results :) Good Luck!!

As people said to the op, it is not safe to do a 'homemade' VLCD using something like slimfast!
£100 for 4 weeks is nothing when you think how much money you'd spend on 'normal' food!
Whilst I understand what you're saying about the best diet thing, but you've also got to be sensible about your health too!
And as Mini said, minimins do not allow homemade VLCDs anyway

Sent from Jo's iPhone using MiniMins

oh definitely welsh tigger, it should always be about the health first and foremost and wouldnt recommend people to do what i am looking into unless they were aware of the pitfalls which i am fully aware of ( likewise with any diet lcd or vlcd ) , and accordingly i wont post any further posts about it. It always has to be each to their own :)

Back