Sia's going solo- any feedback encouraged :) (with pics)

The crab linguine and chicken tikka with coconut rice sounds amazing! Are those recipes online?

Also, I saw quinoa in asda and wanted to try it but I'm a bit scared as I don't really know what I'm doing with it lol

I would use it instead of cous cous- in that kind of meal, you can flavour it with stock/herbs/spices. I actually had in instead of rice with the open sushi salad i saw on your food diary a couple of weeks ago

Its advisable to rinse it before cooking otherwise its a bit starchy & stodgy! :)

chicken tikka: Chicken tikka masala - Recipes - Slimming World
coconut rice: Coconut Chicken Curry Rice | Slimming Eats - Slimming World Recipes
Crab linguine: http://www.slimmingworld.com/recipes/angel-hair-pasta-with-crab-chilli-and-parsley.aspx

Just reading through you're diary and getting really inspired by the different dinner recipes. I'm definitely going to have to try the Teriyaki Salmon. Good luck with it all.

Thank you :)

The teriyaki salmon is amazing!!! Tesco had an offer on salmon this week so i bought a side of salmon so i can make a load & freeze it :)

Today i have eaten:
SW swiss bircher muesli hexb
black coffee
chicken pita pizza hexa & 5.5 syns
Black coffee
Weight Watchers Gumbo with Quinoa 8.5syns (this is one of my favourite meals, even when not 'dieting'!!! recipe: http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/food/rcp/RecipePage.aspx?recipeid=7008922
flavoured carbonated water

Exercise: none, again!
total syns: 14

I would use it instead of cous cous- in that kind of meal, you can flavour it with stock/herbs/spices. I actually had in instead of rice with the open sushi salad i saw on your food diary a couple of weeks ago

Its advisable to rinse it before cooking otherwise its a bit starchy & stodgy! :)

chicken tikka: Chicken tikka masala - Recipes - Slimming World
coconut rice: Coconut Chicken Curry Rice | Slimming Eats - Slimming World Recipes
Crab linguine: http://www.slimmingworld.com/recipes/angel-hair-pasta-with-crab-chilli-and-parsley.aspx

You are a mine of useful information and recipes, thank you!

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1370160286.105286.jpg

My usual breakfast, SW Swiss Bircher Muesli hexb

Just wanted to say i am also going it alone and you are doing really well, your meals look lovely and not like "diet" dinners at all. definitely going to try your museli recipe looks great for getting the superfree in which i always struggle with at breakfast. :)

Today i ate:
Muesli
Black coffee
Sushi salad
Flavoured sparkling water
Black coffee
Roast chicken salad with new potatoes
100ml orange juice (unsure about syn value but i haven't had any today & it wont be over 15!!!)

Just wanted to say i am also going it alone and you are doing really well, your meals look lovely and not like "diet" dinners at all. definitely going to try your museli recipe looks great for getting the superfree in which i always struggle with at breakfast. :)

Thank you

I am trying to eat 'normal' food & not snack too much so i can get into healthy habits!

Yes that's a good plan i know that's where i went wrong before too many mullerlights and pasta n sauces and not enough proper meals and superfree getting into the swing of it now though

Yes that's a good plan i know that's where i went wrong before too many mullerlights and pasta n sauces and not enough proper meals and superfree getting into the swing of it now though

That was so me! Snacking on supernoodles etc cos they were free, then wondering why I wasn't losing! I'm eating way better now,ok, my superfree isn't always as high as it should be but I'm getting there!

Weighed in today & lost 2lb! I wasn't sure how it would go because i had 2 days off plan so i'll take that!!!

Ive had 3 weeks off plan- been working around the clock on my coursework but am now finished and have weighed in today!!!.... I've lost 1lb! I thought i'd be back to square one again so thats great news! I'm going to go shopping today then i'll be back on it :)

Back