Sick of being fat and falling for fad diets!

hannaali

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to start a new thread to start off my time on minimins..

I've been big since I entered my early teens and I've never really gotten in control of my weight problem before now. I've tried every fad diet under the sun, i.e. the juice diets, smoothie diets, just water diets, and they never ever work! I did SW when I was about 16 but at that age I was far too interested in living the teenage lifestyle and it didn't last for very long. My friend recently told me that she'd lost 7 stone with SW in just over a year, and that I could have her books because she knew the diet off by heart (at the moment I really don't have any spare time to attend meetings and nobody seems to recommend the online membership) but needing to lose weight for my wedding in 2016 I accepted these! And so my diet began...

I've just come to the end of my first week and I've lost 5 lbs which I'm very happy with, although I have to say I've battled with chocolate this week (which is odd, because I'm normally more of a savoury person!) I thought I'd try and upload my daily food intake as a form of tracking it both for myself, and so that you guys could help me if I start to go wrong, or maybe eventually pick up some tips from my meals as I'm quite a keen cook!

Thank you for taking the time to read this, I look forward to sharing my journey with you!

H xx

Hello there and welcome. I too have been overweight since my late teens; eating too much c**p and no exercise, then going on the pill all helped to contribute. then, years later, having a child and not bothering to eat well and exercise afterwards means I am about 6 stone overweight.
SW works.yes it is slower than anything else I've tried but it is effective and the weight will stay off so long as you stay close to plan and eat healthily. Having said that, I have been dreadful this week, pizza, Chinese, cake, crisps, biscuits, chocolate... You name it, it has passed my lips! Fresh start tomorrow although too late to help with weigh in on Monday.
Good luck. When is your weigh day?

Hello there and welcome. I too have been overweight since my late teens; eating too much c**p and no exercise, then going on the pill all helped to contribute. then, years later, having a child and not bothering to eat well and exercise afterwards means I am about 6 stone overweight.
SW works.yes it is slower than anything else I've tried but it is effective and the weight will stay off so long as you stay close to plan and eat healthily. Having said that, I have been dreadful this week, pizza, Chinese, cake, crisps, biscuits, chocolate... You name it, it has passed my lips! Fresh start tomorrow although too late to help with weigh in on Monday.
Good luck. When is your weigh day?

Ah, every one has those days though, don't we? My weigh day is Saturday so I weighed today and lost five pounds, YAY! I have about the same to lose, but would like to lose a little more to get down to my 'perfect' weight, although that is very unlikely to happen! I think some people find it very easy and quick to lose with SW and for some it just doesn't work, I'm hoping I'll be one of the people it'll work for! My friend lost 7 stone on it in 13 months which is amazing and if I could lose even half of that I'd be ecstatic! Good luck with getting back on track, I've decided that I'm going to have my 'bad day' (which is only going to consist of around 15 syns) on a saturday just after I've weighed, so that once a week, I can still treat myself to a bit of crap! Xx

Last edited:
Saturday 7th March
EE Day!
Breakfast:
HExB 1 large slice of wholemeal toasted
2 eggs fried in 1 cal spray - free
1 tsp tomato ketchup - 1/2 syn

Lunch:
Fat free natural yoghurt - free
Melon - superfree
2 Satsumas - superfree

Dinner:
150g pasta - free
100g extra lean beef mince - free
Tabasco sauce drizzled - free
2 tbsp light mayonnaise - 4 syns
HExA 30 grams cheddar cheese

Total syns today: 4 1/2

Sunday 8th March
EE Day

Breakfast:
2 slices of wholemeal bread (small) lightly toasted - HExB
2 eggs, fried in one cal spray - free
75 grams mushrooms - superfree
1 tbsp ketchup - 1 syn

Lunch: (Went out for a pub lunch but made healthy choices!)
Chicken breast, grilled - free
Bacon, grilled - free
Cheddar cheese (slice) - HExA
New potatoes, boiled in butter - 1 syn
BBQ Sauce - 1 syn
Mushrooms - superfree
Peas - free

Late dinner:
Chicken breast - free
2 roast potatoes, roasted in one cal - free
Broccoli in garlic and carrots - free
Stock - free
(Little eaten due to big lunch!)

Snacks:
2 satsumas - superfree
Club bar - 5 syns

Total syns today: 8

Hi H! Welcome to Minis! Congratulations on the 5lb loss! Great to see the first of many come off isn't it! ;)

Food is looking good! Don't be afraid to try new recipes and foods, and as for the carbs, don't worry about those for now look at cutting those down as and when you feel that your losses are slowing enough to warrant cutting them down then. Only now after almost 3 and half stone am I looking at cutting mine down. I find if my losses slow I just mix up my meals, have something different, or I've not had for a while, change my fruit and get some different seasonal ones in can make all the difference! Good Luck and your not alone here, we're all in the same boat :)

Hiya. I have a lot to lose and having been going to sw forever. My problem as always been that as a foodaholic I love big portions. I have recently cut down the portions somewhat. I lost very quickly in the begining doing red and green and resisted EE.
When I started doing EE I either put on or stayed the same and I messed about for some years. I could not control my free food. I just was not having the superfree/speed food really.
I have since Christmas `behaved myself and have started losing again albeit slowly. However slowly suits me fine. I was also a serial weigher so if the scales went down I would generally eat more. Silly I know.
I do weigh now Wed am when I get up and if I am losing all well and good, but if it has gone up 1lb I will do 2 low days and find I am losing again.

Anyway, good luck with your journey.

Hi H! Welcome to Minis! Congratulations on the 5lb loss! Great to see the first of many come off isn't it! ;)

Food is looking good! Don't be afraid to try new recipes and foods, and as for the carbs, don't worry about those for now look at cutting those down as and when you feel that your losses are slowing enough to warrant cutting them down then. Only now after almost 3 and half stone am I looking at cutting mine down. I find if my losses slow I just mix up my meals, have something different, or I've not had for a while, change my fruit and get some different seasonal ones in can make all the difference! Good Luck and your not alone here, we're all in the same boat :)

Thank you! I have always loved pasta and rice, and I'm a big meat eater so the EE days seem to be the best for me, as long as (of course) I do actually lose weight on it! You have done fab by the looks of things! I'm also exercising every night so... Hopefully it will continue! Going to be trying some new recipes this week - and will upload my food diary for the last two days now! I just hope this time is the last time! Xx

So, I didn't manage to get online yesterday.. Here are my food diaries for today and yesterday!

Monday 9th March
EE Day!

Breakfast:
Banana - free

Lunch:
Chicken breast - free
100g pasta - free
Mayonnaise (light) - 2 syns
30g cheddar cheese - HExA

Dinner:
Chicken breast - free
1/2 onion, mushroom, pepper and tomato - free
Rice - free
Curry sauce from a jar - 5 syns

Total syns today: 7

Tuesday 10th March
EE Day!

Breakfast:
Natural yoghurt - free
2 Satsumas - free

Lunch:
150g Pasta - free
Chicken breast - free
30g cheddar cheese - HExA
Mayonnaise (light) - 2 syns

Dinner:
2 eggs - free
3 large mushrooms - free
SW chips (but done in 1tbsp of oil) - HExB and free
Mayonnaise and ketchup - 3 syns

Total syns today: 5

Looking good, don't be afraid to have more free fruit and veg in between or with your meals :)

Looking good, don't be afraid to have more free fruit and veg in between or with your meals :)

I'm starting to bulk up meals with veg now so that I'm making every meal 1/3 superfree (or there abouts!) x

Thank you for stopping by, it's always nice for some extra support! How is your weight loss going?

First week was great. lost 5lbs but then a bunch of social events and a night out and put on 3lbs! Then I went on holiday and managed to stay the same which I am quite pleased about. Ate a ridiculous amount of food (was so yum!) but also did a lot of walking so balanced out well. Having a good week so far so hoping for a good loss this week. Can be difficult from home! :)

First week was great. lost 5lbs but then a bunch of social events and a night out and put on 3lbs! Then I went on holiday and managed to stay the same which I am quite pleased about. Ate a ridiculous amount of food (was so yum!) but also did a lot of walking so balanced out well. Having a good week so far so hoping for a good loss this week. Can be difficult from home! :)

Are you also doing it at home? My OH is weighing me every Saturday morning, and we are getting married in the next year so I think I don't cheat and stay on track because he's the one looking at the scales! :) Plus I have a lot of motivation, getting married and wanting to look as good as possible! What days do you do most of? Red/green/EE?

Wednesday 11th March
EE Day!

Breakfast:
Banana - free

Lunch:
150g pasta - free
100g mince meat < 5% - free
1 tbsp light mayo - 2 syns
30g cheese - HExA
2 satsumas - superfree

Dinner:
Chicken breast, grilled with garlic - free
Burger bun - 8 syns
Lettuce, cucumber and chillis - superfree
1 tbsp light mayo - 2 syns

Snacks:
Banana - superfree
Natural yoghurt - free
Candarel - free
1/4 melon - superfree

Total syns today: 12

Last edited:
Did you forget you HEb yesterday chick?

Did you forget you HEb yesterday chick?

I've just been feeling so full these past two days, so I didn't fancy it yesterday and haven't fit it in today yet either! I just feel like I'm eating sooo much food all the time and I feel so full up on all the free food and superfree food I just couldn't seem to fit it in!

Back