Sick of carrying 2 hitch hikers about, so this is my diary

I see you had a good SE day yesterday. I did too but less recognisably than yours as my tea was a chicken salad roll with coleslaw which was all my plate had but would really only be 1/3 of plate, rest of plate I'm taking as fruit lots of diff ones but they weren't on the plate if you see what I mean. Still with the spirit of SE if not exactly in the rules.

Oh no thats 2 reminders I've had today about refrosting freezers. each year as the weather gets a little warmer my freezer starts getting confused and switches off for a spell till the food warms up to minus 15 then the alarm goes off and it starts cooling again. Today was the first time this year. Now you're talking about doing yours I had better think about doing mine. It's not a big one so is OK but my mums is also crying out to be done, and it's a big chest one that I struggle to reach the bottom of. My late dad used to help carry the stuff out and back in for me so it was quicker in the past but mums just not fit for that sort of stuff so I'm on my own with it. Not a favourite job I have to say.

I think I'll save that one for tomorrow.

Hi lovely lily x
As always I love catching up with your diary it's always very interesting . I personally don't suffer from allergies but my youngest daughter does and her face gets all red and swollen we are always trying to pin point what causes it .
I love how your always so positive inspires me every time x x hope u have a restful weekend x x

I see you had a good SE day yesterday. I did too but less recognisably than yours as my tea was a chicken salad roll with coleslaw which was all my plate had but would really only be 1/3 of plate, rest of plate I'm taking as fruit lots of diff ones but they weren't on the plate if you see what I mean. Still with the spirit of SE if not exactly in the rules.

Oh no thats 2 reminders I've had today about refrosting freezers. each year as the weather gets a little warmer my freezer starts getting confused and switches off for a spell till the food warms up to minus 15 then the alarm goes off and it starts cooling again. Today was the first time this year. Now you're talking about doing yours I had better think about doing mine. It's not a big one so is OK but my mums is also crying out to be done, and it's a big chest one that I struggle to reach the bottom of. My late dad used to help carry the stuff out and back in for me so it was quicker in the past but mums just not fit for that sort of stuff so I'm on my own with it. Not a favourite job I have to say.

I think I'll save that one for tomorrow.

Hey sweetie, I am taking a leaf out of Jackie's book here, I went over my syns again yesterday but only by a little and I had what I fancied and then stopped, which is good, I rarely if ever fancy biscuits, but Mal walked in with a handful and I just had to have a couple lol....but yeah I am eating loads and loads of fruit and veg and I know exactly what you mean.
First time I did SE I said to my C that I was having my brekkie and then following it with a fruit salad and wondered if that was ok doing it that way and he assured me it was fine...I had a great loss that week so I am pretty sure it's fine.
To be honest even though it kills my back to do my freezer, I don't like them doing it cos to be honest they won't clean it to my standards and I am very fussy about cleanliness around where my food is stored, cooked and prepared.
My mother was the world's worst for cleaning, she would step over a pile of sh*t if it was 5 feet high rather than clean it, you've seen life of grime...yes? I am not exaggerating when I say she would have been a good contender for the title, and I grew up in that, did what i could from an early age to combat it, but there's only so much one child can do to make it better, I remember hiding behind the sofa cos I was embaressed when she invited the milkman in for a cuppa (he was a family friend, no funny business going on ...he'd have had to have been mad lol)...so even though my house looks lived in, I am fussy about where my food is concerned, so it will be me doing the freezer and I have a 6ft upright freezer...I hate doing it, even if it is only once or twice a year lol...the steamer is great, it's all done in about 15 mins.
Good luck with yours lol xxxx:hug99:xxxx
Hi lovely lily x
As always I love catching up with your diary it's always very interesting . I personally don't suffer from allergies but my youngest daughter does and her face gets all red and swollen we are always trying to pin point what causes it .
I love how your always so positive inspires me every time x x hope u have a restful weekend x x

Hey sweetie, never a dull moment here lol.
My daughter Kelly and granddaughter Kia both suffer terribly with allergies too, it's a nightmare, Kelly has asthma, eczema and epilepsy and Kia has eczema and asthma too, all the same family as is the psoriasis, we're a total nightmare the 3 of us lol, always scratching, itching and applying one cream, ointment or lotion of one kind or another lol, as well as having to be so careful what we eat, wear and use in the way of soaps, creams and perfumes including room sprays.
Funnily enough other than asthma no one else in the family (that I have heard of )has ever suffered with skin complaints other than Urticaria...weird it's me and my daughter and granddaughter .
I hope you're daughter doesn't suffer too much, Kia is worse than I am bless her, although she just got her report back from the hospital and everything is the best it's ever been so :fingerscrossed: it stays that way.
You say the loveliest things hun, thank you...I do try and stay positive, if your down and negative all the time you just feel like crap all the time and I always believe no matter how bad it gets, there will always be someone having a worse time or suffering more than you.
So have a lovely day hunni :hug99: xxxx

Allergies are such a pain. And it's so hard to identify triggers. It does pass genetically I think and weirdly I;m wildly allergic to lots of the products like moisturisers thet my mum uses. I've had to ban her from wearing some of her perfumes if she's getting in my car cos the headache I get from them makes my vision go funny. Not a good idea when driving. My dad however was more like me and had trouble with his skin and migraines from certain foods.

I try to stick to brands I know when cleaning etc and it really annoys me when they change the "recipe" I've been caught out that way a few times and it's not fun.

I'n not sure it it complies with SE or not but I'm having speed soup today. YUMM Oh and lots of fruit.

Not sure I'll be sticking to SE all day though I'll try but I may get waver back to EE rules later on I'll see.

Hey hun, that's the same here, I have had to stop wearing all perfume as they all give me headaches and make me sneeze, even my beloved Obsession, I adored that perfume and Esther Lauder Youth Dew, worn that since I was a kid, but can't anymore....even stuff that's supposed to be good for my skin I am allergic to, things like Simple and E45 and even most Aqueous ointments/creams/lotions ...I have bad reactions to most of them and if they have Lanolin in :eek:
Funnily enough the one that I get on best with is Avon Sensitive range...and the same with their make up and yet the big brands of make up I have bad reactions too even if they are hypoallergenic.
Same with Jewellery, I wear my rings only when I go out or for short periods indoors, then I have to take them off as they start to itch, as does my beautiful necklaces, again worn just for show while I am out and my lovely Links of London Bracelet that Mal bought me for Christmas has only been out for a few hours and then returned to it's box, it's such a shame cos Mal would love to spoil me with jewellery but there's no point, so i mostly have my engagement ring, wedding ring and eternity ring and that's it....I have loads of beautiful expensive earrings and have my ears pierced 3 times, but again can't wear them.
SE is really hard to follow, if you have any problems with your tummy or bowels it's even harder, I have done 4 days so far and I am struggling as it's really affecting my tummy the wind is getting unbearable, so tomorrow is a day off and then Monday I will follow SE....I must admit I just had a sneaky peak at the scales and I would normally eat light on my wi day and this was after a hefty brunch and dinner and I have lost 3lb ...ecstatic with that one if it stays that way I'll be over the moon....off to do my exercise now and watch a bit of tv with Mal, but will be bback later :hug99: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey Lily,

i hope you're feeling better now x

Thanks hun, feeling loads better not quite confident enough to venture out without loads of my minerals powder on lol but getting there....a day or 2 more and I am sure it will be back to normal, thanks for caring lovely :hug99: xxxxxxxxxx

think i am stalking you tonight lily seem to be following you into peoples diaries :D:D

I am allergic to metal, so jewellery out for me too, mike bought me a titanium ring for my birthday didn't appear to be allergic to that but then i went and lost it :cry:

think i am stalking you tonight lily seem to be following you into peoples diaries :D:D

I am allergic to metal, so jewellery out for me too, mike bought me a titanium ring for my birthday didn't appear to be allergic to that but then i went and lost it :cry:

You can stalk me all you like hun :D:D
I never thought of Titanium but I'd probably be allergic to that too, I put my engagement ring, wedding ring and eternity ring on when I go weigh in and by the time I get home I am ready to take them off, they are itching like mad, but I hate going out without them now that they fit me lol
I love sapphires and diamonds and both my engaement ring and eternity ring have both and they look so pretty all together ...such a shame.
Shame that you lost your ring too sweetie, hopefully it'll turn up again :hug99: xxxxx

Menu Saturday 3rd March 2012

EE

Brunch:
(missed breakfast)
2 x Morrisons 60% fat free cumberland sausages 1 syn
3 x Bacon all fat removed
3 x eggs scrambled
2 x Very Large Chestnut Mushrooms SF with 1 x Hexa Cheese
Baked Beans
Tomatoes grilled and tinned SF
Bread 2.5 syns
Low Fat Spread 1 syn
Coffee 1.5 syns
Water 1 pint

Mid Afternoon:

Water 1 pint
2 x Large Clementines SF
Banana SF

Dinner:

Mashed Potato (Mashed with veg stock)
Cowboy supper 1 syn (2 x 60% FF Sausages, Mushrooms, Celeriac, Carrots, Swede, Baked Beans, Peppers, Onions, Tomatoes) SF x 7
Roasted butternut Squash SF
Water 1 pint

Extras:

2 x Weetabix Hexb
2 x Mullerlight Yoghurts
Banana SF
Strawberry's SF
Grapes SF
Water x 2 pints
Cup of Tea x 2 = 2 syns
Mini Ryvita 4 syns

Did 1 hour Just Dance and weights and drank
2 pints water

Water drunk today =
7 pints
Syns used today = 13
Syns used so far this week (Day 5 ) = 80.5
Super Free eaten today = 15
Super Free eaten so far this week = 123

Menu Saturday 3rd March 2012

EE

Brunch:
(missed breakfast)
2 x Morrisons 60% fat free cumberland sausages 1 syn
3 x Bacon all fat removed
3 x eggs scrambled
2 x Very Large Chestnut Mushrooms SF with 1 x Hexa Cheese
Baked Beans
Tomatoes grilled and tinned SF
Bread 2.5 syns
Low Fat Spread 1 syn
Coffee 1.5 syns
Water 1 pint

Mid Afternoon:

Water 1 pint
2 x Large Clementines SF
Banana SF

Dinner:

Mashed Potato (Mashed with veg stock)
Cowboy supper 1 syn (2 x 60% FF Sausages, Mushrooms, Celeriac, Carrots, Swede, Baked Beans, Peppers, Onions, Tomatoes) SF x 7
Roasted butternut Squash SF
Water 1 pint

Extras:

2 x Weetabix Hexb
2 x Mullerlight Yoghurts
Banana SF
Strawberry's SF
Grapes SF
Water x 2 pints
Cup of Tea x 2 = 2 syns
Mini Ryvita 4 syns

Did 1 hour Just Dance and weights and drank
2 pints water

Water drunk today =
7 pints
Syns used today = 13
Syns used so far this week (Day 5 ) = 80.5
Super Free eaten today = 15
Super Free eaten so far this week = 123

i was just gonna ask how your SE week is going....looking at this- not at all bad eh? ;)

we miss you in the exercise thread :( well I do anyway ;)

I made my 45 hour target last month mum!! :D ok, most of it was work, but still- yay!! :D

how's the face doing? I remember reading the posts on my phone, your face looked so sore :( xx

Hey sweetie, face is getting there, a lot less sore, red and spotty, a couple more days of the cream and antihistamines and I will be fine I'm sure.
I have done 4 days of SE and feel fit to bust with all the wind and while I still had lots of SF today I didn't push it too far or eat the large amounts I have been eating, and gonna do the same tomorrow, but just return to SE for Monday and then see how wi goes tuesday (scales say 3lb down so far)
Have decided not to push myself so hard with the exercise or the "diet" hate that word, either, cos I feel I am pushing myself so hard and then when i fail I get really dispondent and start to pick, so gonna just relax and leave off the challenges for a while, apart from the Curvilicious Countdown, love being part of that, just pulling back a little on exercise and the 6st challenge, if I loose another couple stonbe this year I'll be happy, it's going the right way.
Now....look at you little miss skinny...you look amazing young lady, all your hard work is really paying off, so well deserved hunni ...I am proud of you my little bambino :hug99: xxxxxxxxxxx

Aww thanks mum ^_^

Thanks for the piccy comment too- I love that dress- I gotta be honest. But I don't wanna buy it in a 16- i won't get much wear out of it, and it's £25 :eek: Hopefully they'll have some 14's in the sale in a month or so's time, and I can get one then! I'm tempted to try more pastel colours. I've never worn them before. I'm not even sure what I suit and what I don't- since for the last 6-7 years I've been too big for "normal" and "fashionable" clothes. Since a lot of the bigger ranges have shapeless tat as "fashion".

It's going to be interesting when I'm at target- to see what clothes actually suit my frame. I just hope that Asda give me lots more hours so I can afford to go shopping ;)

I don't blame you for stepping back from the challenges a bit. you've had a sh!t time of it lately, with all these pains and flare ups, amongst other things. The stress isn't good. As long as you keep doing what you're doing- you'll still lose. Julie (my C) just says to us that we should aim to lose every week. If we can't lose every week- then most weeks is just fine ;) even if it's just a 1/2lb.

I'm still uber proud of you :) you've not given up even though you're in pain! You're so awesome :) You're the most inspirational SW mum ever~ it's true!!

will put your name in the healing book next time i'm at the church, if that's ok with you? hopefully a bit of healing might help speed up your recovery- ya never know!!

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Aww thanks mum ^_^

Thanks for the piccy comment too- I love that dress- I gotta be honest. But I don't wanna buy it in a 16- i won't get much wear out of it, and it's £25 :eek: Hopefully they'll have some 14's in the sale in a month or so's time, and I can get one then! I'm tempted to try more pastel colours. I've never worn them before. I'm not even sure what I suit and what I don't- since for the last 6-7 years I've been too big for "normal" and "fashionable" clothes. Since a lot of the bigger ranges have shapeless tat as
"fashion".

Well you definitely suit that shape sweetie and that colour too and by god look at those lovely shapely pins too :whistle: I'd never have put you as a size 16, you really don't look it hunni, Kelly is a 16 and Kirsty a 12 and to be honest neither you or Kelly look much bigger than Kirsty.
Well I'll keep my :fingerscrossed: for you that they have it in a 14 and in the sale, cos it really does suit you, pastels may well be your colours hun xx

It's going to be interesting when I'm at target- to see what clothes actually suit my frame. I just hope that Asda give me lots more hours so I can afford to go shopping ;)

I know what you mean, I have had 40 years of not knowing what shape suits me I won't have a clue either, but can't wait to find out, no matter how long it takes and I am sure from what you are saying that Asda will give you more hours, they don't from what I've heard call you back in like they have with you, unless they think you're a potential keeper, I know quite a few people that work for Asda and apparently they're quite choosey who they employ so again :fingerscrossed: xxx

I don't blame you for stepping back from the challenges a bit. you've had a sh!t time of it lately, with all these pains and flare ups, amongst other things. The stress isn't good. As long as you keep doing what you're doing- you'll still lose. Julie (my C) just says to us that we should aim to lose every week. If we can't lose every week- then most weeks is just fine ;) even if it's just a 1/2lb.

I'm still uber proud of you :) you've not given up even though you're in pain! You're so awesome :) You're the most inspirational SW mum ever~ it's true!!

will put your name in the healing book next time i'm at the church, if that's ok with you? hopefully a bit of healing might help speed up your recovery- ya never know!!

:bighug::bighug::bighug:
That's exactly how I feel, if I lose something I'm happy and if I lose a couple of stone by the time the years out I will be super happy... and yes I have had a lot of pains aches and things go wrong, but believe me this is mild compared to how is has been in the past, my flare ups and illnesses are actually lessening....I spent roughly 5 years where I couldn't use my hands and on occasions, feet at all cos of the flare ups and I used to get Bronchitis every year and that would stay with me for up to 5 months or so....plus the allergies on top, so having a couple of colds and a few flare ups is nothing, I always believed that as I lost the weight and ate more healthily and on top of that giving up the smokes, that things would improve and they have and I am actually chuffed.
Hun that is so sweet of you, to want to put my name in the healing book at church, I would be honoured lovely :bighug: xxxxx

Oh one more thing before I go bed cos i am shattered, Mal paid me a lovely compliment tonight.....we were having a cuddle and a chat and he said that I wasn't fat anymore...I said yeah I am...he said no your not fat, just lovely and cuddly, how sweet is that, he drives me nuts at times but that made me feel 10ft tall...how sweet that he feels like that after 36 years (be 37 years in May :eek:)...bless him xxxxx

Morning Lily...................I too don't like the word "diet" even tho I know in its proper context it just refers to what we eat ie a healthy diet, but for me the word just means restrictions and boredom and something short-lived. I use the word plan as for me its a changing the way I eat for a life-time as it's the only way to lose weight and keep it off for good............there are no quick fixes, we are in for the long haul.

I am on the Harcombe plan as I'm cutting out most carbs as they just don't suit me and whatever plan ppl are on they are on the one that suits them best, but it does have to be a life-time change. I think most of us on here realise that so for me "diet" is one of those 4-letter words that shouldn't be said :giggle:

I've rambled................but I'm sure you know what I mean :)

Morning Lily x

Have a great Sunday :)

Oh and how's that toe doing?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

:hug99: Morning Lily :hug99:

Glad that your rash is starting to settle down x

And there was me, feeling sorry for myself, because I have a bad patch of dermatitis behind my ear at the moment, and got some cream from the Doctors last week, and she also mentioned my earrings could be causing it, as they were silver :eek:

Morning lily glad ur feeling better and things are settling down for u,
Can I thank you for helping me see things so differently , a month ago I would get my self in a right old state at a small gain or even a sts but after reading your diary about taking the pressure of yourself it made me re think what am I doing to myself , it was my light bulb moment and I thank you so much , I've just got my 7 stone award last Wednesday and I prob got about 3 stone to go but I'm not going to pressure my self each week if I can do a pound that's great if I don't achieve it well it's maybe not fine lol but I'm not gonna let myself get in the state I used to ,
Lily wen u become the best consultant slimming world could ever wish to hav please please would u do it mobile so we can all be in your class ,
Big hugs xx
Yvonne xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back