Sick of carrying 2 hitch hikers about, so this is my diary

I put my engagement ring, wedding ring and eternity ring on when I go weigh in and by the time I get home I am ready to take them off, they are itching like mad, but I hate going out without them now that they fit me lol
I love sapphires and diamonds and both my engaement ring and eternity ring have both and they look so pretty all together ...such a shame.

A friend of mine has a metal allergy, but she really wanted to wear her engagement and wedding rings, so she gave the insides of both rings a couple of coats of clear nail varnish so the metal didn't touch her skin! It worked too! lol

Hello btw :D lol

Lily wen u become the best consultant slimming world could ever wish to hav please please would u do it mobile so we can all be in your class ,
Big hugs xx
Yvonne xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

And if you've got time between your mobile SW classes Lilys, could you fit me in on a regular basis for some kettlebell training? Please? :D lol

Morning Lovelies, just popped in to tell you I woke this morning (actually was half hour ago :giggle: mind you I was still wide awake at gone 5.30am:eek:) to find my face is almost back to normal, 2 spots left, soreness, itchiness and flakiness all gone.....thank god for that ....I can recommend that bepanthen, guess what my new face cream is lol....Off to grab me a bite to eat as am starving.... toodleloo lovelies, see you soon and will catch up on all your lovely posts :hug99: xxxxxxxxxx

:wavey: :bighug: good morning my lovely twin. We are so alike :eek: :eek: i've suffered allergies all my life quite badly at times. I can only wear Avon make up :confused:, about 4 perfumes and only on my clothes cannot put them on my skin. One deodorant that is becoming increasingly hard to get the nivea pure roll on. No cleaning fluids :cry: I now use steam on the floors, sterlising fluid on work tops and no polish just a damp cloth. Works well actually oh and vinegar for lots of cleaning things. I buy bleach for the toilets but obviously never touch it. The slightest thing will flare me up as your face was . Never use soap or water on my face either. Only one shower gel I can use :rolleyes: a right pain at times.

waffle over :giggle:

Glad its gone down alot. That cream is fab. My other favourite is drapolene.

Hope you have a fabby sunday lovely Lily :bighug: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

:wavey: :bighug: good morning my lovely twin. We are so alike :eek: :eek: i've suffered allergies all my life quite badly at times. I can only wear Avon make up :confused:, about 4 perfumes and only on my clothes cannot put them on my skin. One deodorant that is becoming increasingly hard to get the nivea pure roll on. No cleaning fluids :cry: I now use steam on the floors, sterlising fluid on work tops and no polish just a damp cloth. Works well actually oh and vinegar for lots of cleaning things. I buy bleach for the toilets but obviously never touch it. The slightest thing will flare me up as your face was . Never use soap or water on my face either. Only one shower gel I can use :rolleyes: a right pain at times.

waffle over :giggle:

Glad its gone down alot. That cream is fab. My other favourite is drapolene.

Hope you have a fabby sunday lovely Lily :bighug: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey sweetie,omg I remember using drapolene on the girls bums, I guess any baby cream will be good though.
The more you talk the more you sound like me...ditto all the above, except I use the Avon sensitive roll on deodorant it's brilliant and a really good tip ladies if you have any folds of skin where it gets sore, wash dry and talc the area and then use a non perfumed (I use the Avon sensitive one) roll on deodorant, it stops the soreness and even clears it up after a few days...a lady told me that years ago and it really works.

Hope you've had a lovely day hun, :bighug: xxxxxxxx

Morning Lily so glad you're skin has settled. I think I'll get some of that cream next week.

Enjoy you break from SE today. :)

Hey sweetie, I am glad it's settled too, it was really sore and actually quite frightening to be honest.
I am enjoying my break from SE...a lot less windy here today :giggle: :hug99: xxxxxx

Morning Lily...................I too don't like the word "diet" even tho I know in its proper context it just refers to what we eat ie a healthy diet, but for me the word just means restrictions and boredom and something short-lived. I use the word plan as for me its a changing the way I eat for a life-time as it's the only way to lose weight and keep it off for good............there are no quick fixes, we are in for the long haul.

I am on the Harcombe plan as I'm cutting out most carbs as they just don't suit me and whatever plan ppl are on they are on the one that suits them best, but it does have to be a life-time change. I think most of us on here realise that so for me "diet" is one of those 4-letter words that shouldn't be said :giggle:

I've rambled................but I'm sure you know what I mean :)

I do know what you mean, well mostly lol...I also use the word plan as a rule and I always pick the girls up at group when they say it, it's a plan for life not a diet.
The only thing I don't understand and until now have never heard of is the Harcombe plan, but by tonight I will know as much as I can find out about it, I always like reading up on stuff, and the fact it consists of cutting out most carbs sounds interesting, I can't do that cos of my diabetes, but I know my brother prefers a carb free plan...:hug99:xxxxx

Morning Lily x

Have a great Sunday :)

Oh and how's that toe doing?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

hey sweetie, hope you're having a lovely sunday :hug99:
The toenail is still intact, the cuts and most of the bruising has gone, but it's still a little tender, these things take time don't they, but all in the right direction :hug99: xxxx

:hug99: Morning Lily :hug99:

Glad that your rash is starting to settle down x

And there was me, feeling sorry for myself, because I have a bad patch of dermatitis behind my ear at the moment, and got some cream from the Doctors last week, and she also mentioned my earrings could be causing it, as they were silver :eek:

Hey sweetie, being allergic to anything is a pain in the butt, I get so jealous of my girls who can wear absolutely anything including all this bling, some of which is dead nice....oh well never mind eh? lol
Hope you're doing ok hun :hug99: xxxx

Morning lily glad ur feeling better and things are settling down for u,
Can I thank you for helping me see things so differently , a month ago I would get my self in a right old state at a small gain or even a sts but after reading your diary about taking the pressure of yourself it made me re think what am I doing to myself , it was my light bulb moment and I thank you so much , I've just got my 7 stone award last Wednesday and I prob got about 3 stone to go but I'm not going to pressure my self each week if I can do a pound that's great if I don't achieve it well it's maybe not fine lol but I'm not gonna let myself get in the state I used to ,
Lily wen u become the best consultant slimming world could ever wish to hav please please would u do it mobile so we can all be in your class ,
Big hugs xx
Yvonne xx

Hey hun, :woohoo: well done you on getting your 7st award,:winner: sweetie, we are but mere humans and as humans we are going to have falls and blips and even down right blow outs, the trick of succeeding, I have learned is not to beat yourself up over them so that you end up giving up and piling all the weight back on, but forgive yourself and move on from it directly back on plan.....now I would beat myself up in the past and yeah I lost some big amounts over the years, but never kept it off cos the second I was "naughty" I gave up.....you don't need to thank me hun, you could have got there yourself or through anybody on here we all think alike, but it's nice to receive compliments so I will accept it gracefully, thank you :hug99:
:8855: a mobile consultant, now there's an idea, but first I need to pass my driving test and I'd have to charge a bundle to cover the cost of me petrol wouldn't I? :giggle: but yep I'm up for that :8855: xxxxxxx
Sent from my iPhone using
MiniMins

You're hubby sounds like such a sweetheart :D

Hope you have a great weekend
Hi sweetie,
He can be a sweetheart at times, today he has been a wind up merchant annoying me and then laughing and coming up and cuddling me when all I want to do is batter him lol
Hope you've had a great day hunb :hug99: xxxxxxx

A friend of mine has a metal allergy, but she really wanted to wear her engagement and wedding rings, so she gave the insides of both rings a couple of coats of clear nail varnish so the metal didn't touch her skin! It worked too! lol

Hello btw :D lol
Hey hun, done that but it wears off and to be honest I don't like the idea of putting varnish on my rings...my watch yes, done that and still do it....some days I can wear my rings all day but most days just a few hours :hug99: xxxxxxxxxx

And if you've got time between your mobile SW classes Lilys, could you fit me in on a regular basis for some kettlebell training? Please? :D lol

:8855: yep making a note, Go to Corkey's everyday to train her ...done hun, just got to pass my driving test and I'll be there ok :giggle: xxxxx
Glad to hear your face is back to normal Lily chook
Hope your having a nice weekend x

My face will never be normal hun :giggle: but yeah it's spotless, well almost :hug99: xxxxxx

Well when I popped on here earlier this morning, I fully intended to have a bite to eat and then come back and catch up.
But Mal was in the mood so I dragged him off to the bedroom and we have been humping and puffing and blowing all day long, and I am totally knackered........but the bedroom looks really clean and tidy, everything has been cleaned and polished, my bed, which is a £6,000+ Adjustomatic bed with a massive motor underneath that makes it vibrate (no funny jokes please, heard them all before :giggle:) and is a barsteward to move, but we did it .
I then came downstairs and we have cooked a lovely pork roast which will be ready any minute now and I made the syn free lemon curd and a mango and passionfruit cheesecake, which I will top with the lemon curd (didn't think they would go together but they are actually yummy) all for 3.5 syns a slice, so that is our treat for tonight, can't wait...will be back in a while and will eventually get round to everyone's diary...hope you've all had a lovely day :hug99: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

i am a bit of a fan of sudocream but its no good for the face :sigh:

use loads of it at work :D

glad your poor face is better.:bighug:

hope you have had a good weekend xxxx

Hey sweetie, I like Sudocrem too, but everytime I see it now I end up in fits of laughter ....when I worked at the Elderly Residential Home, we had a very sweet lady there who couldn't swallow anything solid so we had to blend all her food and she would steal foods all the time and we would find them all stuffed down her knickers, the times we have gone to change her pads and as we removed the old ones she would clamp her legs together so we would have to tug really hard to get them out and on more than one occasion as we tugged and it finally gave and came out, a couple of slices of bread would fly out too....but the incident with the sudocrem was by far the funniest.
We had put her to bed and certain residents we had to leave a dim night light on over her bed at night and she was one of them. Well this night the girl I was working with had gone into check her and came screaming down the corridor to call the night officer and a doctor as she was foaming really badly at the mouth, as you've probably guessed, she wasn't it was Sudocrem and the girl had seen in the dim light that all this stuff was exuding from her mouth and paniced....it took us an absolute age to clear her mouth she had shoved nearly a whole large tub in and wasn't giving it up for anybody :8855: xxxxxxxx I miss those days we had some really funny things happen at nights....it was sad cos 90% had alzheimers but you had to laugh or you would have spent all your time crying xxxxxxxxxx

It's a particular type of humour isn't it lily :D

some off the things i have laughed out would make the average persons hair curl :eek:

Humour though is the best way to get through the day at times :D

becca once painted her room in sudocrem:eek::eek:
it was hell to get off the walls :D:D

It works really well for those creases too:D:D

i was not going to comment on the vibrating bed, but all the huffing and puffing having dragged Mal to the bed room did cause me to raise an eyebrow :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

:8855::8855::8855::8855:

I am diabetic too Lily, tablet controlled, but on the Harcombe diet although it is low carbs, you can have some carbs the trick is not to mix carbs with fats. I tend to have carbs for breakfast and then meat/fish and salad/veg for lunch and tea. seems to be working ok for me, though only been on it for 2 weeks, wi tomorrow morning and then starting week 3.

It's a particular type of humour isn't it lily :D

some off the things i have laughed out would make the average persons hair curl :eek:

Humour though is the best way to get through the day at times :D

becca once painted her room in sudocrem:eek::eek:
it was hell to get off the walls :D:D

It works really well for those creases too:D:D

i was not going to comment on the vibrating bed, but all the huffing and puffing having dragged Mal to the bed room did cause me to raise an eyebrow :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

:8855::8855::8855::8855:

Lol whenever I mention my vibrating bed I get funny comments so thought I'd get in there first lol.
It really is a particular type of humour definitely, the nights I have cried laughing at some of the things that went on there and other nights have almost cr*pped myself too, we had one lady that used to cover herself in talcum powder and dress all in white and she would then hide under her bed and she was tiny so it was sometimes hard to see her unless you got right down under the bed and then she would screech at you ....heart failure....but I swear the funniest thing was when we moved another man onto one of the units where there was only 1 guy and 11 women, he was their protector and hated the fact he ahd competition...now he had emphysema in the more progressed stage and could barely even get off his bed and was constantly attached to oxygen, the other guy was a very suave ladies man but was blind....well the blind man decided he liked the lady that the other guy had a bit of a crush on and was holding her hand, well Charlie the guy with emphysema went ballistic and threatened him, we were downstairs doing a handover when this all went off...all of a sudden the emergency buzzer went off and we flew up the stairs to find Charlie sitting on his bed shouting at Sam who was standing outside Charlie's door but facing away from his room with his hands in a boxing stance and Charlie was saying "If I could get off this bed I'd knock your "f***ing lights out" and Sam facing in the totally wrong direction was swing his fists about and saying "And if I could see you I'd knock your bl00dy block off too "...that was a regular occurence as was Fred 98 and Bert 87 physically fighting downstairs ....we even had to call the police out to them one night they were so bad the coppers laughed but it made the local papers and Fred ended up with a broken arm where Bert had whacked him with his walking stick and Bert had a broken hip where Fred had pushed him down the stairs....and that was a common occurence....so much for people believing these old timers are sweeties ...not in my experience :giggle: xxxxxx

I am diabetic too Lily, tablet controlled, but on the Harcombe diet although it is low carbs, you can have some carbs the trick is not to mix carbs with fats. I tend to have carbs for breakfast and then meat/fish and salad/veg for lunch and tea. seems to be working ok for me, though only been on it for 2 weeks, wi tomorrow morning and then starting week 3.
I am being kicked out while Kirsty cleans the kitchen floor but I will be back to answer this momentarily lol xxxx

Morning Lovelies, just popped in to tell you I woke this morning (actually was half hour ago :giggle: mind you I was still wide awake at gone 5.30am:eek:) to find my face is almost back to normal, 2 spots left, soreness, itchiness and flakiness all gone.....thank god for that ....I can recommend that bepanthen, guess what my new face cream is lol....Off to grab me a bite to eat as am starving.... toodleloo lovelies, see you soon and will catch up on all your lovely posts :hug99: xxxxxxxxxx
Really pleased about that Lily.

I will ring the health center tomorrow and see if they will tell me what the injections were that Paul had and get back to you.

Thank you so much for making me giggle Lily. I have loved your stories of life in an Old Folks home.

Also loved your bedroom *activity* story.

You have brightened the day for me.

Every time I read your stats and see that you have already lost over 160lbs I am in awe of you.

big hugs xxxxxxx

phew! just about caught up! I'm exhausted just reading these posts! have a good evening:)

hmphf no jokes :( :p :p :p :8855: :8855: i will be good then :8855: :8855:

I've not tried the Avon deodorant... what does the packaging look like Lily as I shall try it as the one I use is impossible to get here yet I have an Avon lady :D
xxxxxxxxx

Aww don't be good, naughty is fun :giggle:
Here is a pic of the deodorant sweetie, as Mandy said you can use sudocrem in the folds of skins, but it is sticky and I didn't like it, with deodoarant it dry's and I prefer that ...lol not that I think that's what you want it for hun I was just thinking out loud lol xxxx

Really pleased about that Lily.

I will ring the health center tomorrow and see if they will tell me what the injections were that Paul had and get back to you.

Thank you so much for making me giggle Lily. I have loved your stories of life in an Old Folks home.

Also loved your bedroom *activity* story.

You have brightened the day for me.

Every time I read your stats and see that you have already lost over 160lbs I am in awe of you.

big hugs xxxxxxx

Thanks Sue that will be great, my dermatologist is happy to look into anything, my friend from Australia suggested a couple of things that she uses but they were bannned here, but always worth a look see what might be available .
I am so glad to have made you laugh, I could regale you all night with some of the stories that had us in stitches over the 9 years I worked there, it's where I had my accident, long story except to say my employers (the local borough council) were found negligent on all counts with regard to my accident and I was awarded compensation, but after the DSS took their cut (most of my compensation was made up of lost wages and the DSS decided they couldn't pay me incapacity and allow me to claim loss of earnings )I was left with just over £11,000 and after paying for the bed and a few bills it was gone, not a lot to show for something that's screwed my back up for life is it....but the result for me actually outweighed the compensation especially as the council I worked for tried to countersue me for not following my training....that was rejected immediately...thank god...anyway I digress lol....I miss the job a lot it was fun and very rewarding.
Thank you so0 much for your very kind words, I can't wait to lose the other 100+lbs to reach target...but I'm not rushing it, when it goes it goes :hug99: xxxxxxx

phew! just about caught up! I'm exhausted just reading these posts! have a good evening:)

Hey sweetie, are you feeling better?
Thanks for popping by hunni and hope you've had a good evening too xxx:hug99: xxxx

Back