Sick of carrying 2 hitch hikers about, so this is my diary

Lovely Lily, I'm so sorry I had switched off as I was tired before you posted. I know I would have been of no real help whatsoever but I wish I could have been here for you. Just want you to know I'm thinking about you and sending healing vibes with all my might.

I had no idea green tea was a common allergen, I'll have to read up on it cos my skin is very dry ATM too and looking back may coincide with my taking up green tea too. Who knew?

I hope you have managed to get some sleep and that the reaction subsides and disappears in double quick time.

As far as the healthy eating is concerned don't worry about a day off plan, given what you've been dealing with it should be the least of your worries.

Hope you feel better soon.

Thank you hun, I didn't expect you to be here, thought you might be tired with all the late nights and then work too :hug99:
I feel a lot better today, skin looks and feels a good 50+% better ...I have been researching Green Tea and have come up with some things I know have and are definitely part of what happened to me, will explain all in a mo :bighug: xxxx

Hope you start to feel a little better today Lilly xxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks hun, already do :hug99: xxxx
Hope you are ok lily. X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you hun, feeling a lot better today :hug99: xxxx
Morning Lily! :bighug: sorry to hear you had such a bad day yesterday. The skin looks nasty, but hopefully it will soon clear up again. I too had never heard of allergic reaction to green tea, but if it's a possible/probable cause then definately steer clear.
One day off plan shouldn't hurt. You've been doing so well, and anyway you've had so much superfree it will surely help boost your metabolism and burn those chips and chinese off in no time.
Hope today is a better day for you :hug99:

Thank you hun, I always understood that Green tea was an anti allergen, but on researching it further it seems it can cause problems, will explain all shortly :hug99:
While I was off plan yesterday, I never stray that far these days, I stick with chinese cos it's the lowest, I even forego my fav egg fried rice and have plain boiled rice cos it's free lol :hug99:xxxx

Just to clear this up in haste ladies, its not the green tea itself thats the allergen its ie grapefruit, pineapple whats added to the flavoured ones... Lily has an allergy to pineapple, and shouldn't have grapefruit at all, this is why I said could it be the tea? ie whats added to it, so don't worry about green tea, green tea is fine but if we have a severe allergy to something it doesn't take much of it to make us have a flare up :(

:bighug: for my lovely twin :bighug: let me know how you are later Lily xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you sweetie, that statement about the green tea isn't entirely true but I will explain all shortly, it's amazing how much you learn from researching....I swear anything new that I eat/drink will be thoroughly researched in future for possible side effects :hug99: xxxxx

Am I the only one that didn't think your menu yesterday was all that bad.
For an 'off plan' day I think it was pretty good.
You're still only half way through your weekly syns, you ate masses of good stuff.
You had your treat you needed.
AND you exercised and drank your water when feeling iffy. :eek:

I wouldn't call that a bad day at all. ;)

Thank goodness I've got a legit reason not to have green tea!
I'll ignore Jackies bit. Why take the risk, I say. :p

Today will be a good day for you, Lily! I absolutely know it.
:D

Thanks hun, don't panic about green tea, I will explain what I've found in a mo, but in most cases it's actually an anti allergen.
I am so SW conditioned even my bad days are fairly good lol....I can't eat fatty stuff these days, makes me ill, Chinese and the odd bag of chips seem to be the only things I can eat and I tend to always stick to chow mein, love it and it's lowish in syns and boiled rice, even given up my fried rice lol
I feel a good day coming on ...will put up my menu for today in a mo :hug99: xxxxx

Good Morning Lily !!!

I am so sorry about the psoriasis. Paul suffers from it to and often has a whole leg affected as well as elbows, arms etc.
The doctor started him on a course of injections and for the first time in 20 years it has cleared completely.
Why not ask your dermatologist about them. Sorry I have no idea what they were called.
The doc. reckoned it needed to be healed from the inside first and that stress had a lot to answer for.
Thinking of you my dear friend !!!!

Hope you are considerably better today !

hugs xxxxx

Thanks sweetie, Sue is there anyway that you can find out what the injections are, as I have told my Doc before about suggestions that friends have put forward and she always says (especially when it's somewhere other than england) she is happy to look into it and if she thinks I will benefit from it she'll go ahead and give it a go, the only thing that usually stops her is the fact that I have palmoplantar pustulosis and that is by far the hardest form of paoriasis to get rid off, but I am always willing to try anything, well almost anything lol :hug99: xxxx

I don't think it was too bad either, and the chinese was pretty much the lowest syn thing you can go for. SO really only 1 bag of chips.

Hope you have a much better day lovely Lily, I bet you could use one just about now, You've had a rough time recently.:bighug:

Lol I am so clever, I know right off before I eat that even my bad days will be good-ish...I have cut all fast food except chinese completely from my diet...I want indian I make it, I want pizza I make it, I want chinese ....I often buy it lol
Thanks hun that's how I felt yesterday and what upset me so much it's just been one thing after another, but then as my doc said when you have no immune system running (the steroids have knocked it out), you're going to be in line for anything going ...great eh :giggle:, you must feel very much the same...give me a break is how I feel :sigh:
Well here's to a much better day today ...you can't keep me down :hug99: xxxxxxxx

Thank you hun, I didn't expect you to be here, thought you might be tired with all the late nights and then work too :hug99:
I feel a lot better today, skin looks and feels a good 50+% better ...I have been researching Green Tea and have come up with some things I know have and are definitely part of what happened to me, will explain all in a mo :bighug: xxxx

Ah you noticed I was awake at silly o'clock though when I did post. That was pretty much it for me unless Trev knocked me out later. :D

Thank you hun, I always understood that Green tea was an anti allergen, but on researching it further it seems it can cause problems, will explain all shortly :hug99:
While I was off plan yesterday, I never stray that far these days, I stick with chinese cos it's the lowest, I even forego my fav egg fried rice and have plain boiled rice cos it's free lol :hug99:xxxx

I await your green tea explanation. I had a quick look but mostly comments were re caffeine.:rolleyes:

Thanks hun, don't panic about green tea, I will explain what I've found in a mo, but in most cases it's actually an anti allergen.
I am so SW conditioned even my bad days are fairly good lol....I can't eat fatty stuff these days, makes me ill, Chinese and the odd bag of chips seem to be the only things I can eat and I tend to always stick to chow mein, love it and it's lowish in syns and boiled rice, even given up my fried rice lol
I feel a good day coming on ...will put up my menu for today in a mo :hug99: xxxxx[/COLOR]

Lol I am so clever, I know right off before I eat that even my bad days will be good-ish...I have cut all fast food except chinese completely from my diet...I want indian I make it, I want pizza I make it, I want chinese ....I often buy it lol
Thanks hun that's how I felt yesterday and what upset me so much it's just been one thing after another, but then as my doc said when you have no immune system running (the steroids have knocked it out), you're going to be in line for anything going ...great eh :giggle:, you must feel very much the same...give me a break is how I feel :sigh:

Yep I'm greedy that way too. If there's something doin the rounds I have to get it. Pain in the rear. or what.

Well here's to a much better day today ...you can't keep me down :hug99: xxxxxxxx

You're not down for long anyway. Tis an admirable trait. :bighug:

Hi again all, just thought I would fill you in on what I have discovered about Green Tea....firstly I must just say, please don't stop drinking it, it is good for 99.9% of you and has great anti allergens and is very beneficial to most people ......
But there are a few of us that it is or can be very harmful to and it's not just about the flavours added to it , so here goes....

Green tea like most tea's coffee's etc, contains caffeine, lots of people are allergic to it, it also naturally contains Tannin , common in a lot of foods which is most likely what caused me the allergic reaction, now as I said before most people will still be ok with Tannin and it will never affect them, but because I have hypersensitivity to lots of things it did and it was almost definitely the tea and not the pineapple in this case as I only had 1 cup of it with pineapple and that was approx 10 days ago.....now Tannin is in all tea so why don't I react to it when I drink normal tea, and the answer is milk and sugar, I don't drink normal tea without milk and sugar/sweetener and they counteract the effects tannin have so basically dilute it, I would almost definitely have had the same reaction had I drunk normal tea with no added milk and sugar/sweetener, one of the other side effects of Tannin and this really brought it home to me that it was the tea and not the pineapple because this happened before I had even drunk the green tea with the pineapple in, is Tannin is known to bring about Migraine type headaches....I had my first Migraine is over 20 years just about 2 weeks ago when i first started drinking more green tea and on a more regular basis....so unless you are prone to migraines or have hypersensitive skin or any kind of hypersensitivity, don't stop drinking the green tea, I could have had this reaction from a lot of things even fruits....I will put a list up later of all the things that contain Tannin that could possibly cause a reaction...oh and Patsy, yes dry skin is one of the side effects of Tannin...hope that makes sense everyone :hug99: xxxx

You're not down for long anyway. Tis an admirable trait. :bighug:
I try not to let things get me down for long, always try to look at the logical side of things and also something my Sister said years ago has always stuck with me...if you keep on about all the bad stuff or how bad you feel, people will stop calling, dropping by etc, not cos they don't care but because they don't know how to react to you .....so pays to be upbeat lol....plus I am sick of being a misery had enough of that in my formative years...now is about getting slim and being some red hot mumma :8855:...I cried cos I don't want my beautiful face destroyed by spots and red patches that I didn't even get when I was a teenager.....oooohhhhh just had a thought, have I finally become a teenager is that it do you think???? Please say YES :8855: :8855: :8855: xxxxxxxxxx

well you know what they say Lily, you're only as old as the man that you feel ;) :8855:
So glad now you know what the trigger is, so you can hopefully get on with your life again. good to see you are always so positive.

Hi again all, just thought I would fill you in on what I have discovered about Green Tea....firstly I must just say, please don't stop drinking it, it is good for 99.9% of you and has great anti allergens and is very beneficial to most people ......
But there are a few of us that it is or can be very harmful to and it's not just about the flavours added to it , so here goes....

Green tea like most tea's coffee's etc, contains caffeine, lots of people are allergic to it, it also naturally contains Tannin , common in a lot of foods which is most likely what caused me the allergic reaction, now as I said before most people will still be ok with Tannin and it will never affect them, but because I have hypersensitivity to lots of things it did and it was almost definitely the tea and not the pineapple in this case as I only had 1 cup of it with pineapple and that was approx 10 days ago.....now Tannin is in all tea so why don't I react to it when I drink normal tea, and the answer is milk and sugar, I don't drink normal tea without milk and sugar/sweetener and they counteract the effects tannin have so basically dilute it, I would almost definitely have had the same reaction had I drunk normal tea with no added milk and sugar/sweetener, one of the other side effects of Tannin and this really brought it home to me that it was the tea and not the pineapple because this happened before I had even drunk the green tea with the pineapple in, is Tannin is known to bring about Migraine type headaches....I had my first Migraine is over 20 years just about 2 weeks ago when i first started drinking more green tea and on a more regular basis....so unless you are prone to migraines or have hypersensitive skin or any kind of hypersensitivity, don't stop drinking the green tea, I could have had this reaction from a lot of things even fruits....I will put a list up later of all the things that contain Tannin that could possibly cause a reaction...oh and Patsy, yes dry skin is one of the side effects of Tannin...hope that makes sense everyone :hug99: xxxx

I hadn't made the link till you started talking about it on here. Time to start a wee experiment I think. At this rate I'll be back to drinking hot water with a splash of lemon juice in it. Used to have that all the time. :D

I try not to let things get me down for long, always try to look at the logical side of things and also something my Sister said years ago has always stuck with me...if you keep on about all the bad stuff or how bad you feel, people will stop calling, dropping by etc, not cos they don't care but because they don't know how to react to you .....so pays to be upbeat lol....plus I am sick of being a misery had enough of that in my formative years...now is about getting slim and being some red hot mumma :8855:...I cried cos I don't want my beautiful face destroyed by spots and red patches that I didn't even get when I was a teenager.....oooohhhhh just had a thought, have I finally become a teenager is that it do you think???? Please say YES :8855: :8855: :8855: xxxxxxxxxx

Would you really want all those raging hormones and angst about boys? No thank you.:( But if it's what you want then YES I think you must be regressing!! :D Or do I mean getting youger by the day. :D

Too true. just came to the realisation I'm not as young as I like to think I am last Friday. We were out at 8.15pm, and feeling "oooh, it's getting late. we really should get home soon! Why r all these people out? Don't they have homes to go to?", yet in years gone by that would have only been the start of a night out. :sigh:

in haste as need to walk princess barky knickers. This is very interesting Lily. I've not had green tea for 2-3 days = no headache. I drank alot last week = awful headache. I also had a rash on my neck last week :( hmmmmm - I think I'll do what PP just said warm water and lemon. I used to drink this and reckon its pretty good too. or just plain herbal teas :) thanks for the research as thats really interesting xxxxxxxxx

Hi Lily..........just wanted to say hi, just caught up on your diary, and must admit my first thought on reading about your rash was that it may be food related as so many of our problems can be related back to food. I am also glad that you managed to track down the culprit and remove it from your diet without too much trouble. :) Its amazing when you do some research what you can discover.............and not always to the good. :(

So glad that you are feeling better now and hope that things can only improve.

Take care and lovely to see that this has not kept your spirit down for long xx

Lily loved the green tea post.... I don't drink it as I don't like it ...it reminds me of dishwater but the post was still interesting even to a non drinker
Merry Friday x

glad your feeling a bit better today lily xxx

green tea is like most things there is a risk of allergy to anything really, but it does look like your one of the unlucky ones :sigh:

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Just had a scan read lily. Hope you're doing ok today x

:bighug: sorry I haven't been around lately, I've been an awful friend

Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better today xx

well you know what they say Lily, you're only as old as the man that you feel ;) :8855:
So glad now you know what the trigger is, so you can hopefully get on with your life again. good to see you are always so positive.

Hey hun, OH no :eek: my husbands 67 and acts his age a lot of the time, me thinks I got to find someone else to feel :giggle:....try to be positive hun, doesn't always work but thank god a lot of the time it does :hug99: xxx

I hadn't made the link till you started talking about it on here. Time to start a wee experiment I think. At this rate I'll be back to drinking hot water with a splash of lemon juice in it. Used to have that all the time. :D

Hey hun, it was so interesting reading up on it, I know when you read stuff that you often feel that's what you have and so you then end up with every condition going lol, but this really was an exact description, even the pictures looked exactly like what happened to me...so I am guessing it's what happened especially since I haven't had the green tea for 2 days and the rash and soreness is all but gone :hug99: xxxx

Would you really want all those raging hormones and angst about boys? No thank you.:( But if it's what you want then YES I think you must be regressing!! :D Or do I mean getting youger by the day. :D

oh you def mean getting younger by the day hun :giggle: the rest I can do without thank you very much lol xxx:hug99: xxxx

Too true. just came to the realisation I'm not as young as I like to think I am last Friday. We were out at 8.15pm, and feeling "oooh, it's getting late. we really should get home soon! Why r all these people out? Don't they have homes to go to?", yet in years gone by that would have only been the start of a night out. :sigh:

:8855: I often find myself coming home, even if it's from Kelly's at 3am and thinking, omg what are these people doing out or what am I doing up at this time, there would have been a time I would have thought 3am was just the start of a good night lol...:cry: xxxx

in haste as need to walk princess barky knickers. This is very interesting Lily. I've not had green tea for 2-3 days = no headache. I drank alot last week = awful headache. I also had a rash on my neck last week :( hmmmmm - I think I'll do what PP just said warm water and lemon. I used to drink this and reckon its pretty good too. or just plain herbal teas :) thanks for the research as thats really interesting xxxxxxxxx

For the life of me I can't remember exactly what it was that I read about other teas, but I'm pretty sure it was fine to have fruit infused teas and the such as they apparently don't contain Tannin or the infusion dilutes it, will have to have a look and see but I know they are considered ok, so I may well switch to those myself :hug99: xxxx
Hi Lily..........just wanted to say hi, just caught up on your diary, and must admit my first thought on reading about your rash was that it may be food related as so many of our problems can be related back to food. I am also glad that you managed to track down the culprit and remove it from your diet without too much trouble. :) Its amazing when you do some research what you can discover.............and not always to the good. :(

So glad that you are feeling better now and hope that things can only improve.

Take care and lovely to see that this has not kept your spirit down for long xx

Thanks Dawn,
I personally think all or at least 99% of allergic reactions are related to either food or fibres ....when you have sensitive and highly sensitive skin like I do, I can't even wash my face as water makes it blister and yet I can use a perfume free cleanser and moisturiser with no problems at all, just tells me they must put loads of chemicals in the tap water , it hard to try new things as I often have reactions, all be it normally very mild, but sometimes like this time quite bad ...it's a nightmare, but I can't go through my life avoiding everything, I have had allergy tests over the years and they have prven there are certain things I must avoid but with so many new products being introduced it's difficult, I do have to read a lot of the labels of foods and especially cleansers, Lanolin is a big no no for me ...but after years of it you do get used to it ...even if sometimes like with the tea, you just assume it will be ok but if I was really down everytime I had a reaction to something, I'd be permanently miserable...yeah sometimes it really gets to me but over all I am lucky there are a billion people a lot worse than me so I am lucky :hug99: xxxxxxxxx

Lily loved the green tea post.... I don't drink it as I don't like it ...it reminds me of dishwater but the post was still interesting even to a non drinker
Merry Friday x

Sorry, I didn't get back on here yesterday, day was gone before I knew it lol...hope you had a great day....it's absolutely fascinating finding out all this info....in a different life and with Parents that gave a toss and encouraged me instead of wanting me to leave school asap to earn money, I would have fulfilled my dreams of being a scientist, I actually wanted to be a nuclear scientist...but hey ho that ship has long since sailed, but everything still interests me (especially science)...I love learning, so finding out that info was really mesmerising, I read all I could for hours lol
Anyway, Happy Saturday lovely Kally :hug99: xxxx

glad your feeling a bit better today lily xxx

green tea is like most things there is a risk of allergy to anything really, but it does look like your one of the unlucky ones :sigh:

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Hey hun, I am feeling a lot better again today, and will avoid green tea and maybe read up a bit more before trying new things, even things that seem harmless :eek: :hug99: xxxx

Just had a scan read lily. Hope you're doing ok today x

Thanks hun, feeling miles better thanks :hug99: xxxx

:bighug: sorry I haven't been around lately, I've been an awful friend

Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better today xx
Aww bless you sweetie, you have been terribly ill yourself, you haven't been an awful friend at all, thank you, I do feel a lot better and even look fairly normal again lol, hope you're doing ok too :hug99: xxxx
:wavey: Morning Lily x :wavey:

Have a lovely Saturday x

Hey hun, have a lovely Saturday too :hug99: xxxxx

Good morning Lily. How are you today? Has the rash cleared up now and the headaches gone since you stopped the green tea?

Hope you,re having a good day. :)

Hey sweetie, I am good today, very tired had a manic day yesterday, puter crashed and ended up going shopping and then clearing junk from the spare room, then we had to dismantle the beds cos got new ones coming today and before I knew it, it was 4am lol
The rash has all but cleared and the soreness is also almost gone, I am still using the bepanthen, it's good stuff, my face feels like a baby's bum now lol...won't tell you what Mal said to that :mad:, headaches gone too, that's 2 days this is day 3 without the green tea and seem to be going back to normal.
Hope you're having a great day hunni :hug99: xxxxxxxxx

It looks like being a nice fairly quiet one for me. I'll take the chance to get stuff done around the house. And onjoy my first w/end of internet availability.

Will probably also watch too much TV and spend too much time dozing in the chair. But then that's really the only way I can catch up on lost sleep from during the week.

So apart from the new beds are you up to much at the w/end?

Menu Friday 2nd March 2012

SE

Breakfast:

Banana SF
Kiwi Fruit SF
Strawberry's SF
Grapes SF
Oat so simple Hexb 1
Tsp golden syrup 1 syn
Skimmed milk Hexa
Water 1 pint

Mid morning:

Water 1 pint
Ryvita Mini's 4 syns
Apple SF
Melon SF

Lunch:

Minestrone Soup (Carrots, Celery, Garlic, Tomatoes, Cannellini Beans, Onions) SF x 6
Banana SF
Melon SF
Water 1 pint

Mid Afternoon:

Water 1 pint
Strawberry's SF
Grapes SF
Melon SF

Dinner:

Chicken
Peppers SF
Tomatoes SF
Onions SF
Garlic SF
Passata SF
Roast Potatoes 4 syns
Baby sweetcorn SF
Sugarsnap peas SF
Mangetout SF
Cabbage SF
Water 1 pint

Extras:

2 x weetabix Hexb 2
Mullerlight
Banana SF
Strawberry's SF
Grapes SF
Milky Coffee Hexa 2
Chocolate Digestives
8 syns
Water
2 pints

Exercise = 1 hour 30 minutes, just dance 3, boxing, weights + 2 pints water

Water drunk today =
9 pints (this was right up till 4am)
Syns used today =
Syns used this week (Day 4) = 67.5/105
Superfree eaten today = 29
Superfree eaten so far this week = 108

It looks like being a nice fairly quiet one for me. I'll take the chance to get stuff done around the house. And onjoy my first w/end of internet availability.

Will probably also watch too much TV and spend too much time dozing in the chair. But then that's really the only way I can catch up on lost sleep from during the week.

So apart from the new beds are you up to much at the w/end?

I love weekends even though I am home all week, and so is Mal, it just seems so nice to eb able to really relax a little if we want to, still have that working mentality I spose even though I was medically retired 15 years ago and Mal retired 2 years ago lol
I'm not up to much this weekend, thought I was having the grandbabies but seems I was confused about that, so nothing at all going on except exercise ...housework is all done, so just chilling out and trying to work out my menu for next week, I usually try to do the month's menu's but not got round to it yet.
Ooooooh I just remembered my new Karcher steam cleaner arrived, I can fianlly defrost my freezer, that'll be fun ....NOT lol
But as is the norm in this house, I can say I'm doing nothing and then bang something crops up to destroy my peace and quiet lol
Have a good weekend hun, best get me something to eat, just remembered I didn't have breakfast :eek: prolly cos I was awake and eating fruit at 4am lol xxx:hug99: xxxx

Back