Sick of carrying 2 hitch hikers about, so this is my diary

DSC_0486-1.jpg

This is the "best" picture, but even this doesn't show just how bad it is, I have had allergies before but nothing like this....I will let you know how I am tomorrow hun I promise, but as I said the ointment and possibly the antibiotics will and are sorting it out....oh and I am definitely going to watch every single thing that goes into my mouth from now on :hug99:

Thank you all for being such lovely and caring friends :bighug: xxxxxxxxx

Get well soon Lily xxxxxxx

Aww Lily you really go through it. So sorry. Hope you feel more comfortable soon. :hug99:

I think that's what's upset me today hun, the psoriasis on hands and feet are the best they've been in ages :fingerscrossed: touch wood and all that and then this happens and it's always the same as soon as one thing clears another one comes along to take it's place and I am totally fed up of it, I want to just be able to get on with my life, nothing special just not have an illness, or a skin problem or whatever....god knows I must have been a right biatch in my past lives or even this one (but I didn't think i was, not this one anyway lol) to be paying for it now or being tested, one way or the other I've had enough ....ignore me I'm just feeling sorry for myself, lots are worse off than me xxxx

Get well soon Lily xxxxxxx

Thanks hunni xxxx

Sorry to hear you. Ve had a bad day lily x x. I think you are a very brave lady x x And you deal with so much . Hope the creams help and that you get a good nights rest x x sending my lovely lily a big hug x x x x

Hi Lily, sorry to hear about your allergy, I have to stay clear of grapefruit and anything that contains grapefruit because of my tablets for my diabetes, hope it gets better soon, sending you a big hug. xx

ohh lily i had smiled reading through the pages of your diary :D

loving the focused lily and was all ready to swoon over jessie and mark harmon :faint2:
and then i got to the end :eek::eek::eek:

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

stay away from citrus fruit pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeese,
your poor face:cry: the diary is a really good idea and its really important to check ingredients, we can't cope without our lily :eek:

I don't think the reaction is related to the grapefruit and the diabeties, cos its recommended that you don't mix grapfruit with diabetic meds as it increases the speed with which you recieve the drug. which could result in higher levels in the bloodstream, possibly resulting in hypos.

so its two seperate reasons not to eat grapefruit :eek:

did that make sense :confused:

hope you feel better soon xxx:bighug::bighug::bighug:

ohh lily i had smiled reading through the pages of your diary :D

loving the focused lily and was all ready to swoon over jessie and mark harmon :faint2:
and then i got to the end :eek::eek::eek:

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

stay away from citrus fruit pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeese,
your poor face:cry: the diary is a really good idea and its really important to check ingredients, we can't cope without our lily :eek:

I don't think the reaction is related to the grapefruit and the diabeties, cos its recommended that you don't mix grapfruit with diabetic meds as it increases the speed with which you recieve the drug. which could result in higher levels in the bloodstream, possibly resulting in hypos.

so its two seperate reasons not to eat grapefruit :eek:

did that make sense :confused:

hope you feel better soon xxx:bighug::bighug::bighug:

That made perfect sense sweetie and I was going to go to bed but something Mark said got me thinking.
I keep saying it started when I started drinking the green tea with pineapple and grapefruit, Mark pointed out that that was close on 10 days ago that I had that and he seemed to think it might be because I had dramamtically upped my intake of green tea and so I went to look and see if I could find any info on allergic reactions to green tea, found loads and they all sound exactly like mine does and there was me thinking I was doing good drinking more, I always said water was the best way to go, so back to plain old water....looks like Kirsty and Mark just got themselves about 10 boxes of green tea lol...my face has calmed down a lot, put bepanthen ointment on 3 times now, still very red, but a lot less angry looking and a hell of a lot less sore, thank god xxxxx

Oh Lily I'm so sorry you've had a cr@p day :-(

I hope you feel much better when you wake up tomorrow and no crying!!! I know crying makes by sore lips worse as they go all puffy - I have to have lip balm on at all times!!!

Also one bad day will not ruin your week so don't worry about that. And Chinese is probably the lowest syn take away anyway xxx

Have a good night sleep :bighug:

Btw just told Elliott about grapefruit as we'd never heard about that?!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oh Lily I'm so sorry you've had a cr@p day :-(

I hope you feel much better when you wake up tomorrow and no crying!!! I know crying makes by sore lips worse as they go all puffy - I have to have lip balm on at all times!!!

Also one bad day will not ruin your week so don't worry about that. And Chinese is probably the lowest syn take away anyway xxx

Have a good night sleep :bighug:

Btw just told Elliott about grapefruit as we'd never heard about that?!

Hey sweetie, thank you so much for your lovely caring words :hug99:
I have to use lip balm all the time as the tablets I take for my psoriasis dry them out badly so I constantly use it all day, I find the best one is Tesco Menthol Recovery, I have 8 on the go at the moment lol...I keep 1 in every room, so that it's always handy, can't bare dry sore lips, so I promise no more crying....tonight anyway lol :bighug: xxxxx

Lily42uk said:
Hey sweetie, thank you so much for your lovely caring words :hug99:
I have to use lip balm all the time as the tablets I take for my psoriasis dry them out badly so I constantly use it all day, I find the best one is Tesco Menthol Recovery, I have 8 on the go at the moment lol...I keep 1 in every room, so that it's always handy, can't bare dry sore lips, so I promise no more crying....tonight anyway lol :bighug: xxxxx

I use Avon lip conditioner and have one in each room plus one in my bag too!

Sleep well :bighug:

Wasn't going to put up my food diary for today but I will as I want to keep account of my food intake and this is a permanent account :

Breakfast:

Strawberries (can't have these anymore either, for now anyway) SF
Clementine (Another one off menu) SF
Banana SF
Grapes SF
30g Mini Weetabix Hexb
Milk Hexa
Coffee 1.5 syns
Water 1 pint

Lunch:

Bag of Chips 17.5 syns
Mixed Salad (Peppers, Cucumber, Lettuce, Onions, Spring Onions, Cabbage, Celery) SF x 7
Water 1 pint

Dinner :

Boiled Rice
Chicken Chow Mein 7 syns
S&S Sauce 3 syns
Salad (as above) SF x 7
Water 1 pint

Extras:

Muller light x 2
Half Curly Wurly 3 syns
Plums SF
Melon SF
Water x 3 pints

Exercise = 30 mins Just Dance 3

Water drunk = 6 Pints
Syns today = 32
Syns for the week (Day 3) = 50.5/105
Superfree eaten today = 20
Superfree eaten so far this week = 79 portions

I use Avon lip conditioner and have one in each room plus one in my bag too!

Sleep well :bighug:

I usually swear by Avon , but couldn't get on with it this time lol

Night night hun, sweet dreams :zz: xxxx

Lovely Lily, I'm so sorry I had switched off as I was tired before you posted. I know I would have been of no real help whatsoever but I wish I could have been here for you. Just want you to know I'm thinking about you and sending healing vibes with all my might.

I had no idea green tea was a common allergen, I'll have to read up on it cos my skin is very dry ATM too and looking back may coincide with my taking up green tea too. Who knew?

I hope you have managed to get some sleep and that the reaction subsides and disappears in double quick time.

As far as the healthy eating is concerned don't worry about a day off plan, given what you've been dealing with it should be the least of your worries.

Hope you feel better soon.

Hope you start to feel a little better today Lilly xxxxxxxxxxxx

Morning Lily! :bighug: sorry to hear you had such a bad day yesterday. The skin looks nasty, but hopefully it will soon clear up again. I too had never heard of allergic reaction to green tea, but if it's a possible/probable cause then definately steer clear.
One day off plan shouldn't hurt. You've been doing so well, and anyway you've had so much superfree it will surely help boost your metabolism and burn those chips and chinese off in no time.
Hope today is a better day for you :hug99:

Just to clear this up in haste ladies, its not the green tea itself thats the allergen its ie grapefruit, pineapple whats added to the flavoured ones... Lily has an allergy to pineapple, and shouldn't have grapefruit at all, this is why I said could it be the tea? ie whats added to it, so don't worry about green tea, green tea is fine but if we have a severe allergy to something it doesn't take much of it to make us have a flare up :(

:bighug: for my lovely twin :bighug: let me know how you are later Lily xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Am I the only one that didn't think your menu yesterday was all that bad.
For an 'off plan' day I think it was pretty good.
You're still only half way through your weekly syns, you ate masses of good stuff.
You had your treat you needed.
AND you exercised and drank your water when feeling iffy. :eek:

I wouldn't call that a bad day at all. ;)

Thank goodness I've got a legit reason not to have green tea!
I'll ignore Jackies bit. Why take the risk, I say. :p

Today will be a good day for you, Lily! I absolutely know it. :D

Good Morning Lily !!!

I am so sorry about the psoriasis. Paul suffers from it to and often has a whole leg affected as well as elbows, arms etc.
The doctor started him on a course of injections and for the first time in 20 years it has cleared completely.
Why not ask your dermatologist about them. Sorry I have no idea what they were called.
The doc. reckoned it needed to be healed from the inside first and that stress had a lot to answer for.
Thinking of you my dear friend !!!!

Hope you are considerably better today !

hugs xxxxx

Am I the only one that didn't think your menu yesterday was all that bad.
For an 'off plan' day I think it was pretty good.
You're still only half way through your weekly syns, you ate masses of good stuff.
You had your treat you needed.
AND you exercised and drank your water when feeling iffy. :eek:

I wouldn't call that a bad day at all. ;)

Thank goodness I've got a legit reason not to have green tea!
I'll ignore Jackies bit. Why take the risk, I say. :p

Today will be a good day for you, Lily! I absolutely know it. :D

I don't think it was too bad either, and the chinese was pretty much the lowest syn thing you can go for. SO really only 1 bag of chips.

Hope you have a much better day lovely Lily, I bet you could use one just about now, You've had a rough time recently.:bighug:

Back