Sick of carrying 2 hitch hikers about, so this is my diary

Had a really busy day today, cleaned all my cupboards out and got rid of loads of junk, don't feel much like eating it's way too hot ....had strawberries and kiwi for brekkie and minestrone soup followed by more strawberries a kiwi and a few grapes. A syn free day so far, done an hours wii this morning and my legs are aching bad ...the joy of it lol.....
My granddaughter is cooking tea tonight, she is nearly 13 and wants to look after her old gran lol (actually she was well late back from the cinema yesterday and I think she is doing a bit of crawling lol, either way i am sure it will be lovely xxx

Last edited:
Lily42uk said:
Did 2 hours on the wii full out, I really ache lol then did my weights ..can really see my bingo wings tightening up.
Supper was 3 x Ryvita (4.5 syns) and 57g Low Low cracked pepper spread HEa and a Alpen Bar 3 syns = 7.5 syns + 2 syns from breakfast and lunch = 9.5 syns for the day.
And I feel amazing...off to bed now cya tomorrow xxxx

2 hours.. Wow you will be a slim jim in no time!

Last edited:
2 hours.. Wow you will be a slim jim in no time!

Oh I wish Roziee, but it will take as long as it takes, as long as I am close-ish to my goal by next August I will be well happy xxxx

Last edited:
Well tea tonight, as cooked by my gorgeous granddaughter was:
2 Fish fingers in batter = 6 syns
6 Quorn Nuggets = 3 syns
100g McCain Oven Chips = 1.5 syns
Baked Beans
Salad
Gherkins and other pickles for a total of 10.5 syns and lovely it was too bless her, she even weighed everything for me xxxx

I had such a busy day yesterday that I really didn't get much time to exercise, so I decided at 11.30pm that it was the ideal time, it was much cooler and there was no one up to interrupt me, so I did just that till 1.10am lol and I thought it was cooler, 5 minutes in and I was sweating buckets, had to have a shower after, I was soaked right through lol, but boy did I feel good...I swear I must have sweated off a stone (I wish lol). I think I might continue this trend in this hot weather, I am a night owl anyway so why not utilise the time lol xx

Thank you hun, I am sure you will in time, it's only been a few weeks that I have been able to do as much as I do now, I have gradually built it up over the last 7 months, starting at just 5 minutes at a time and there are times when it hurts so bad I could cry, but like I said in the title of this thread, the 2 hitch hikers need to go now, 10+ years of carrying them about is too long already and the sooner they go the easier it will be on my back and joints, which give me so much grief and on top of all that, for once in my life (my weight problems began when I was 17 and I am now 53), I want to be and feel sexy and set a better example for my children and grandchildren, so that hopefully they won't be in my position in 20+ years from now xx

Breakfast was: 2 slices wholemeal bread from 400g loaf (HEb), Baked beans and 2 eggs scrambled with coffee 1.5 syns and pint of water.
Off to the park with the grandchildren....I am so dreading this, I know that as soon as I have walked a few hundred yards I will be in agony but I can't let it beat me. Taking a picnic so got time to recover, can't let this gorgeous day go by without doing a bit of sunbathing xxxx
Have a good day everyone cya later xxx

Decided to go to Rickmansworth Aquadrome, had a lovely day with the grandkids and I ended up walking close to 2 miles. I am so proud of me lol, but I know I am going to pay for it tomorrow, but I have decided if the weather's good to do it again tomorrow, if I'm going to ache I might as well make it worthwhile lol.
Had a bag of Walkers squares crisps, 5 syns plus minestrone soup for lunch with loads of water.

Just had tea, jacket potatoe with FF cottage cheese, 71g Philadelphia Light (HEa), 2 x Morrisons 60% fat free sausages 1 syn (1/2 syn each) and a huge salad with Gherkins and Beetroot, very yummy, having some fruit for afters. Supper will be Tuna 1/2 tablespoon of mayonnaise, 1 syn, mixed into it with vinegar and the remaining salad and an Alpen Light bar 3 syns.
Total syns for today 11.5

Off to do another hour or 2 exercises and then a long bath.
Cya tomorrow xxxx

What exercise do you do lily? Walking hurts but doing as much exercise as you do doesn't?...

Glad you had fun today, weather was georgeous x

Hi Roziee, I play a lot of tennis and do zumba mostly on wii, which I can do as and when and yes it does hurt but never seems to hurt anywhere near as much as walking does. When I walk round places like the Aquadrome, although there are seats, there are long walks before you get to one or the next one and so on. When I play tennis, even though I do lots of twists and turns it is mostly standing still and moving the rest of my body ...unless you have played it, it's hard to explain. But weird as it is I can do over an hour on the wii, almost totally non stop but to walk 30 yards absolutely kills me ..go figure.
Yes I did have great fun with the kids, and got lots of lovely pictures of all 3 of them and my DH playing football and the weather was absolutely magnificent lol xx

I understand.. I have played tennis on the wii.. As long as you're exercising it doesn't matter.. X

As long as my heart is pumping and I am sweating I am happy lol xxx

Just had the worst nights sleep I have had in a long time. My legs are killing me and I had cramp 7 times in the night, I swear the neighbours thought I had taken up dancing in the wee small hours lol....still going for a walk today as long as the weather holds, but will not be doing a long one today, just a trip to the local shops I think just to keep my legs going xx

Started to rain before we got to the front door, so decided a walk was out right now ...and did an hour on the wii instead with 2 pints of ice cold water, legs are still giving me grief..had brunch, eggs, bacon, tomatoes and mushrooms with garlic and peppers, made a lovely fritatta, followed by some lovely satsumas and cherries and a ff activia yoghurt and a pint of water. xx
Going for a long hot soak in the bath, cya later xx

Lily42uk said:
Just had the worst nights sleep I have had in a long time. My legs are killing me and I had cramp 7 times in the night, I swear the neighbours thought I had taken up dancing in the wee small hours lol....still going for a walk today as long as the weather holds, but will not be doing a long one today, just a trip to the local shops I think just to keep my legs going xx

You need to ease up on the exercise! Or make sure you're properly stretching before and after the exercise..

Lily42uk said:
Started to rain before we got to the front door, so decided a walk was out right now ...and did an hour on the wii instead with 2 pints of ice cold water, legs are still giving me grief..had brunch, eggs, bacon, tomatoes and mushrooms with garlic and peppers, made a lovely fritatta, followed by some lovely satsumas and cherries and a ff activia yoghurt and a pint of water. xx
Going for a long hot soak in the bath, cya later xx

Yeah weather isn't so nice today is it? Hubby wanted to go out for a run but ended up doing the biggest loser with me..

Back