Sick of carrying 2 hitch hikers about, so this is my diary

I didn't get round to doing any exercise today as I have sat since about 2pm till ...it's 1.57am, picking, peeling, chopping and stewing hundreds of Bramley apples from my tree...here's the biggest pot you'll ever see of stewed apples lol...

This is for my apple crumbles, Malcy's apple pies and my spicy apple and tomato chutney, very yum yum xx

I didn't get round to doing any exercise today as I have sat since about 2pm till ...it's 1.57am, picking, peeling, chopping and stewing hundreds of Bramley apples from my tree...here's the biggest pot you'll ever see of stewed apples lol...

This is for my apple crumbles, Malcy's apple pies and my spicy apple and tomato chutney, very yum yum xx

I bet you burnt some calories picking, peeling, chopping and stewing

LOL

that beef cobbler does sound yummy I shall try and make that this weekend or tomorrow night

hope your back feels better sweetie

I am just back from my walk :) all this exercise my body is wondering what is going on

how many 1lb to get your 5stone?

just noticed you've now lost 35% that really is fab Lily :D xxxxx

Hi Hun, yeah my back is better, way too many hours sitting peeling apples lol am now turning all those apples into chutney, crumbles and pies, so another day of it and I am done.
Just nicked your fish cake recipe, Mal wants fish cakes tonight so that's handy lol can't wait to try them.
Got 4.5lb to my 5st award ..I only needed 1/2lb for ages to get my 4,5st award, but kept putting on and taking off the same few pounds, with any luck may well reach that target in a couple of weeks if I stay 100%.
Anyway must dash got apples calling my name :8855:...be back later xx

oh Lily congratulations lovely!!!! you so deserve that award, i'm ever so proud of you!

Have you thought of being a consultant one day? I think you'd make a cracking one

Hope you have a good day xx

that beef cobbler does sound yummy I shall try and make that this weekend or tomorrow night

hope your back feels better sweetie

I am just back from my walk :) all this exercise my body is wondering what is going on

how many 1lb to get your 5stone?

just noticed you've now lost 35% that really is fab Lily :D xxxxx

oh :wow:, I never look at the percentage of body weight lost, even though I know I've lost loads 35% sounds massive.
I have just finished making the fish cakes they look fabulous, can't wait to taste them, I had to make over 20, there's me, Mal, DD2 and her other half, my 3 grandkids and now DD1 and her hubby have invited themselves to tea lol.. made 23 altogether lol xx

oh Lily congratulations lovely!!!! you so deserve that award, i'm ever so proud of you!

Have you thought of being a consultant one day? I think you'd make a cracking one

Hope you have a good day xx

Hi Aaliyah, :welcome: back hun hope you had a good time.
Thank you sweetie, I have been saying to my C I do want to ( in fact he suggested it to me and then said i should go for it now), but I think if I went to a meeting and saw a consultant, doesn't matter that she/ he had lost over 11st but was still 9st overweight, I would walk out, but that's me and until I feel I am at a weight that will show how much I have really lost and how far I have come, then I will definitely consider going for it.
I am going with my C to one of their recruitment meetings in a month or so, just to get a feel of how things work. That way I can say for sure if it's something I would really like to do, but right now it's definitely on the agenda xx

Today's Menu:

EE/SE

Breakfast:
2 x Wholemeal bread (Hexb)
5 x Laughing cow light (Hexa)
Mushrooms
Grilled Tomato
Bacon
Coffee 1.5 syns
Water (1 pint)

Mid Morning:
Peach
Banana
Water (1 pint)

Lunch:
Pea and Mint Soup with Crispy Parma Ham 0.5 syns

2 x Yellow Plums
Water (1 pint)

Dinner:
2 x Jackie's Fish Cakes
New potatoes
Carrots
Runner Beans (from the garden)
Swede with black pepper
Dollop of chutney 1 syn

Extras:
Crumble Yoghurt 0.5 syns
Jane's Lime Mousse 1 syn
Peach
Apple
Mini Ryvitas 4 syns

Total for the day = 8.5 syns

18.5/105

I had a fantastic time away thanks. Dolly was amazing!! I just got back today and i'm feeling energised and ready to get going on SW again. I just wish there was a group near me to go to, think it would be easier in a way.
When the time comes you should definately be a consultant. they'd be mad not to have you!

I had a fantastic time away thanks. Dolly was amazing!! I just got back today and i'm feeling energised and ready to get going on SW again. I just wish there was a group near me to go to, think it would be easier in a way.
When the time comes you should definately be a consultant. they'd be mad not to have you!

I'm glad you enjoyed your time away, I would love to see Dolly live, one day maybe lol.
I couldn't live without my group, they are so supportive.
When the time is right I will definitely being giving it some real consideration and hun...it won't be a case of them wanting me, it'll be whether I want them lol (I wish I was at the brave stage already lol...but I'm getting there) xx

23 fishcakes! blimey Lily I so hope you liked them if you had to make that many :D

You should be a consultant. You would be amazing with the information you have, your humour and your zest for life :)

xxxxxxxxxxx

Jackie my lovely, the fishcakes were so bloody delicious there were almost fights over the odd 5, (we had 2 each = 18+ 5 spares), so the boys and Kirsty DD2 collared an extra one each and that left 2 so future son in law Mark collared the other 2 for work tomorrow lol
Thank you hun, that's a lovely thing to say xx

Last edited:
Well at last, I am finished, and exhausted...2 whole days ..washing, peeling, coring, slicing and then stewing apples. Then today, cooking 3 apple crumbles, 3 apple tarts and making a massive batch of spicy tomato and apple chutney, which is I might add ..deeeeelicious and at 1 syn per tablespoon a real bargain.
Have added some pictures of my skills along with a pic of the final product that was Jackie's fish cakes for my dinner..yummy xx

my dinner
2 of the 8 jars of chutney
1 of the 3 apple crumbles
the 3rd apple pie waiting to go in the oven ...yum yum xx

Well at last, I am finished, and exhausted...2 whole days ..washing, peeling, coring, slicing and then stewing apples. Then today, cooking 3 apple crumbles, 3 apple tarts and making a massive batch of spicy tomato and apple chutney, which is I might add ..deeeeelicious and at 1 syn per tablespoon a real bargain.
Have added some pictures of my skills along with a pic of the final product that was Jackie's fish cakes for my dinner..yummy xx

my dinner
2 of the 8 jars of chutney
1 of the 3 apple crumbles
the 3rd apple pie waiting to go in the oven ...yum yum xx

Your dinner looks lovely, those fishcakes, I think I will make those, I could just eat the apple pie, not had pastry for a long time, its making my mouth water. Glad you like the lime mousse.
I do think you would make a good consultant, definitely go for it when you feel its right.

Jane x

Hiya Lily - was looking for your diary on the weight loss section but here you are lol

I only just looked at your amazing stats today - you've done so well. I've only read the last couple of pages of your diary and I'm already feeling inspired - congrats on your award and your body magic achievements :)

And mmmmm chutney! Is the recipe in here somewhere? I love the stuff but have never made my own. I like crumble too but I'm assuming that wasn't as syn-friendly lol

Your dinner looks lovely, those fishcakes, I think I will make those, I could just eat the apple pie, not had pastry for a long time, its making my mouth water. Glad you like the lime mousse.
I do think you would make a good consultant, definitely go for it when you feel its right.

Jane x

Hi Jane, I allowed myself a treat, I will have to change my diary, but I haven't had my Ryvita mini's yet, so if I delete them and add 2 more syns -6 in total, that will cover the small amount of apple crumble I had. As for the apple pies, they are definitely for the grandkids and Malcy oh and maybe my son in law lol oh and 1 of each for the nice neighbour (not the one that gives me grief all the time), cos the apples were from her tree lol. But for me the best thing of them all is the chutney, it's really delicious and can be stored for 3 months, not sure it will last 3 weeks yet lol
I could eat your mousse everyday, again we had it tonight and they all sat there, devils that they are and grated some bournville over the top, and like the good girl I am I resisted but it did look yummy lol
Being a consultant is definitely something I am giving a lot of thought too, will see how I feel after I go to the recruitment day with my C.
Hope you have had a good day hun xx

Hiya Lily - was looking for your diary on the weight loss section but here you are lol

I only just looked at your amazing stats today - you've done so well. I've only read the last couple of pages of your diary and I'm already feeling inspired - congrats on your award and your body magic achievements :)

And mmmmm chutney! Is the recipe in here somewhere? I love the stuff but have never made my own. I like crumble too but I'm assuming that wasn't as syn-friendly lol

Hi LoChan, Welcome to my diary hun, nice to see you here, thank you so much for your kind words, it has been a long, hard struggle but I am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel thankfully and with so many wonderful people on here being so supportive how can I fail to do well.
I am still amazed that I actually won the award, my group has a lot of lovely people that have had some great successes, but what a lovely feeling to know that so many people have voted for you, was a really special night.
The chutney is my own recipe hun which I will write up for you ...and the crumble was the same as the one on slimming world online..the apple pie was less friendly though lol
Pop in from time to time and as promised I will write the chutney recipe up for you, although I made a massive pot that made 8 huge jars and yes i counted every single syn and every single tablespoon that went into it lol xx

My recipe for Spicy Apple and Tomato Chutney, as promised xx

Lily’s Spicy Apple and Tomato Chutney
225g onions, finely chopped
Fry Light
500g Tomatoes, finely chopped
225g cooking apples, cored and sliced finely (4 syns, as they will be stewed)
5cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
1-2 teaspoon chilli flakes (depends how spicy you like it)
½ teaspoon salt
300ml cyder vinegar
1 tsp coriander seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 tablespoons of black treacle (4 syns)
30g sweetener
50g Brown Sugar (9 syns)
Salt and Pepper
----------------------------------------------------------------
Heat the fry light in a pan and add the onions and fry until softened, about 5 minutes.
Roughly chop the tomatoes, apples, ginger and add them to the pan along with the chilli.
Cook for a further few minutes to soften apples.
Add the remaining ingredients to the pan, bring to the boil and without a lid on the pan, simmer for about an hour stirring occasionally until it thickens. Taste and adjust the seasoning to your requirements, drain off any excess liquid, leaving a little in the chutney to keep it moist and pour into jars.
You can store this for up to 3 months in a cool dark place.
I managed to get 2 jars full from this recipe and each jar had just about 20 tbsps full in them.
The recipe has 17 syns, so I would count this as :

1 syn per Tbsp on EE

I have had this recipe for years and years, can't even remember where it came from, but I adapted it to SW and it's lovely, my family absolutely love it and every year about this time we make a big batch that lasts a few months...if we can get some more apples, we make more for xmas and also make lovely presents xx

Morning lovely lady-hope this friday finds you happy and well :)
That chutney sound amaaaaazing, mum makes chutney from the tomatoes she grows, and we have an apple tree so I might well pass on the recipe :)
Have finally got round to putting the Lemon Mousse recipe on my diary, with pics, and am looking forward to having some with my lunch today-love the fact you can just eat it with a spoon from the dish and it's totally angelic and syn free-I have been known to just kept a spoon in the bowl in the fridge before now as I'm the only one who eats it anyway lol xx

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

gosh my mouth is watering now :D looks lovely Lilly. I've never had chutney... adds it to my list of foods I must try. I tend not to have had things i don't know what to do with lol

Hows you today?

xxxxxx

Good morning hun, I am exhausted lol, finally got to sleep at just gone 5 this morning and got woken by Chester barking at the postman at just gone 8, will definitely have to have a nap later my eyes are burning, but other than that I am good, hope you're doing ok x
I love chutney and I love making my own, don't really like the shop bought ones, like to create my own flavours and they are pretty easy to make, if you were closer to me i'd drop you a jar round to try lol xx

Morning lovely lady-hope this friday finds you happy and well :)
That chutney sound amaaaaazing, mum makes chutney from the tomatoes she grows, and we have an apple tree so I might well pass on the recipe :)
Have finally got round to putting the Lemon Mousse recipe on my diary, with pics, and am looking forward to having some with my lunch today-love the fact you can just eat it with a spoon from the dish and it's totally angelic and syn free-I have been known to just kept a spoon in the bowl in the fridge before now as I'm the only one who eats it anyway lol xx

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Morning sweetie, other than being tired I am good thanks, and I hope you feel rested and ready to enjoy your time off.
The chutney is amazing, got a real bite to it, if you notice anything about me, you will see I love chilli in lots of things and the other 3 herbs and spices I can't get enough of are (and I will most likely mention all the time), Ras el Hanout (morrocan spice and very yum), chinese five spice,add it to as many things as I can and Coriander, I use coriander like other people use parsley lol...definitely give your mum the recipe it's delicious even if i say so myself lol...anyway off to have my brekkie, was too tired to eat earlier and am now ravenous lol...have a great day xx

Back