Sick of carrying 2 hitch hikers about, so this is my diary

Thank you girls (see technophone, absolutely no idea how to do multiple answers on one page with quotes lol)
Crumble I am looking forward to some tasty treats tonight, but to be honest either i am too generous or stupid, as most of the other girls do simple dishes like cous cous or savoury rice and always look to me to bring in the tasty goodies lol...not that I mind, most of them say they can't cook and look forward to my creations lol
Oh gosh Surrey, I really am addicted to them as is my daughter, we are buying 3 packs every few days while Morrisons have them on special till thursday (must stock up lol )....
I used to take so many tablets, diabetes, cholesterol, under active thyroid, water retention, psoriasis...that I stopped just about all of them and went with herbal remedy for those that i felt I could and weight loss and exercise for others, but have just the last day or 2 realised i made a big boo boo....every 3 or 4 weeks I gain weight (today is week 4) and I put it down to it coinciding with TOTM...(had an oopherectomy 14 years ago so don't actually have anything to have TOTM with lol ), anyway after reading a few threads on here the other day, I feel I should continue with my thyroxin (you live and learn) although I am on a very small dose..not sure now if it was 20 or 25mg a day, my sister is on 150mg a day, I realised it may be part of the problem with the erratic, non explainable weight gains, but if I at least restart the tablets and the gains still happen I can at least rule out that theory, that is why I am so positive about tonight whether it be a gain or loss lol...in 43 weeks of SW I have had 11 gains some big some small and all except for the 1/2lb I gained the week of my birthday, unexplainable...I am careful what I eat, i record what I eat , i exercise almost every day and I drink loads of water...but still I gain, there may no answer but I can still rule out the thyroid if I am taking the tabs and I gain xx

Hello Lily.. Love the name Lily by the way. I have looked at your photos and am soooooo inspired by what you have achieved .. Well done.. I just read yeat another article in the Daily mail about a woman losing 17 stones on SW .. Along side more gastric band celeb pictures!!! Is it taster week in all SW clubs this week I wonder. We are having one on Thursday on a picnic theme... you have reminded me that I need to plan something..
Diana

Wow Lily, what an achievement!! I just saw your diary for the first time.

You must have an iron will. It would have been really easy to give up and I guess you have taken this challenge day by day.

I would love to have your motivation - you must be so proud of what you've achieved so far and it's physical proof that you've got what it takes to get to your target.

All the best Pomooky XXX

Hello Lily.. Love the name Lily by the way. I have looked at your photos and am soooooo inspired by what you have achieved .. Well done.. I just read yeat another article in the Daily mail about a woman losing 17 stones on SW .. Along side more gastric band celeb pictures!!! Is it taster week in all SW clubs this week I wonder. We are having one on Thursday on a picnic theme... you have reminded me that I need to plan something..
Diana

Hi hun ,Thank you so much for your kind words, (my real name is Lesley, but like most people I hate my real name, and my youngest sister when she was little could never say it so always called me Lelly and then Lily and it stuck )...I have a friend who had a gastric band fitted and after listening to her I definitely ruled it out.
Yes I think it is, it's usually taster week in all groups the first wi of the month. We had a lot of new members last week so lots of new dishes this week. We ahd picnic theme last time and I did the gorgeous scotch eggs easy and tasty ...I like the easy route lol anyway hun , thanks again, gl for Thursday and thanks for stopping by, please drop in again xx

Wow Lily, what an achievement!! I just saw your diary for the first time.

You must have an iron will. It would have been really easy to give up and I guess you have taken this challenge day by day.

I would love to have your motivation - you must be so proud of what you've achieved so far and it's physical proof that you've got what it takes to get to your target.

All the best Pomooky XXX

Thank you Pomooky, I would love to say it took lots of grit and determination and I suppose it has, but for me I have been excessively over weight for close on 40 years and have finally gotten to the stage where all the meds I was taking because of illnesses caused by my weight, were making me so sick, that it was either lose the weight or go to an early grave and you can guess which route I took....but even after starting the weight loss I never believed I could or would do it ...but I have a fantastic network of family friends and support from all corners and it has gotten a lot easier as the time has gone on, plus with SW there is absolutely no reason to be hungry and that suits me just fine lol....thanks for dropping in and please come back soon, if you have a diary or start one let me know as I love to see how others are doing, gl xx

OK so tonight was wi night and I knew I would...could just feel it ...I put on 2lbs...no explanation other than maybe the thyroxin which I have restarted again today, and we'll see over the next few weeks if it makes a difference, if not I can at least rule it out, so now I have to put my nose to the grindstone and get that 2.5lb off for my next shiny by next week, it will be mine and so will the next one by end of August, I AM DETERMINED lol xx

You'll do it Lily, You Will!! ;)

You knew you were holding water so it must be that. Was it fun tho, all the tastings?

Trying to quickly read all the above but DH being annoying. Wants the lappy.. is ordering my fitpus tho so best let him have it.

Be back later.

You'll do it Lily, You Will!! ;)

You knew you were holding water so it must be that. Was it fun tho, all the tastings?

Trying to quickly read all the above but DH being annoying. Wants the lappy.. is ordering my fitpus tho so best let him have it.

Be back later.

Hi hun, Yes was lovely tonight had a delish taster night but I was good and only took a little of almost everything, must pick up the recipes next week, have found that I actually do like roll-mop herring after years of turning my nose up, also again used to turn my nose up at cold soup but had a gorgeous refreshing watercress soup and strawberry cheesecake and Spanish orange cake and prawns (I missed out on them but wasn't too unhappy not keen on eating prawns that have sat for a while in this heat), had jelly, can't remember what else she said she put in it but it was the best yum yum , had gala pie YES gala pie and no pastry and it was bloody stupendous lol...lots of new recipes to add next week...can't remember the rest...oh yes I do 1 more could not resist the apple crumble, Kirsty (DD2) made one in the week and it was nice but a lady at group made one and without being ageist, when someone is in their 60's they have the extra experience over my 22 year old daughter and her apple crumble was to die for lol
And yes I did know, other weeks I had been to group and thought I would put on but this week I definitely knew I had, my ankles were like balloons but they looked small compared to others....anyway got to go DH is nagging me ..catch ya later xxx

Anyway, whatever happens tonight, I am still almost 11 st lighter than I was a few years ago and for that I am eternally proud of myself xx...(it's all about the bigger picture, not the few hiccups) xx

First of all "Hi Lily" you don't *know* me but I wanted to tell you how impressed I am by your weight loss. It is such a fantastic achievement.

Lily I'm in love with them crumble yoghuts:) I went out on Saturday night and got some yummy!!!!

Tell me, tell me!!!! What crumble yogurts ??? Love yogurt, love crumble.

When my thyroid was dx I was told that the thyroxine was for life. I take 200 mgs. a day.
I was dx over 20 years ago and have been on it ever since. You take it because your body is not able to produce it. It is really important for your well being.

Seriously you should have a thyroid test done again and see how much thyroxine you should be on. 25 mgms seems very low to me.

I am sure it is a contributory factor to you not losing weight every now and then.

hugs xxx

Its lovely to hear that you have accepted the little gain as just fluid and not to be too disappointed. Its wierd isnt it when you just feel the fluid and expect a again... thats what it is though , just fluid and not fat , so in the long run it isnt going to make any difference to your weight loss . I love your positivity.. Next week could be a good one.. often is after an unexpected STS or gain. Im glad you enjoyed the tasting . I run for the hills at those things. I dont like eating like that in buffet type events. Not sure if its eating in public.. I dont mind eating a proper sit down meal in public or my severe vomiting phobia where any food is potentially lethal to me .. Last taster night we had, I slipped away quickly but everyone was enjoying it. I got some good recipes though.
Diana

First of all "Hi Lily" you don't *know* me but I wanted to tell you how impressed I am by your weight loss. It is such a fantastic achievement.

Tell me, tell me!!!! What crumble yogurts ??? Love yogurt, love crumble.

When my thyroid was dx I was told that the thyroxine was for life. I take 200 mgs. a day.
I was dx over 20 years ago and have been on it ever since. You take it because your body is not able to produce it. It is really important for your well being.

Seriously you should have a thyroid test done again and see how much thyroxine you should be on. 25 mgms seems very low to me.

I am sure it is a contributory factor to you not losing weight every now and then.

hugs xxx

Hello Filly, thank you so much, I have seen you "around" on the threads, but have never got to talk to you till now, in fact, I think it was a thread I was reading that you were saying to someone else about thyroxin that made me wake up...I just got so ill, literally, through taking so many tablets that I just stopped the lot, thought I had covered all of them until I noticed the thread yesterday and thought omg that's it ...a real light bulb on moment ...I am due blood tests in about 2 weeks I believe my appt is, so will definitely make sure I am tested then, thankfully I didn't throw out the thyroxin, so have for now, started to retake them.
The Crumble yoghurt omg they are to die for, 0.5 syns each, they are the new shape delight ones...my C says that he was told they were free but that on the SW calculator they come up as 0.5 syns, so he takes his as free,I take mine at half a syn, I'm taking no chances lol, they come in rhubarb and apple crumble flavours, and my favourite way of eating them is to boil up some pudding rice and let it cool then stick it in the fridge and when it's really icy add the apple crumble delight...Mullerice for half a syn...real apple mullerice is 10.5 syns...once again thanks for your kind words hun, and please pop back for a chat, I will have to catch up on your diary, there are so many lol xx

Its lovely to hear that you have accepted the little gain as just fluid and not to be too disappointed. Its wierd isnt it when you just feel the fluid and expect a again... thats what it is though , just fluid and not fat , so in the long run it isnt going to make any difference to your weight loss . I love your positivity.. Next week could be a good one.. often is after an unexpected STS or gain. Im glad you enjoyed the tasting . I run for the hills at those things. I dont like eating like that in buffet type events. Not sure if its eating in public.. I dont mind eating a proper sit down meal in public or my severe vomiting phobia where any food is potentially lethal to me .. Last taster night we had, I slipped away quickly but everyone was enjoying it. I got some good recipes though.
Diana

Hi hun,
I always look at the bigger picture, I have in the last few years lost close to 11st, that's my husband plus a stone and I only have to look at him to see how much I have done, I would love to lose a bit faster, my daughter is getting married next August and I would love to be at target, but I'm not going to hold my breath, I know I will be a lot lighter than I am now or a lot lighter than I was at my other daughters wedding or even my own for that matter.
After being excessively overweight for most of my adult life, if it takes me 5 or even 10 years to get all the weight off, it will still be a lot quicker than it took me to put it all on.
We have a few girls like you, that don't stay for the taster, but 2 of them actually did tonight and seemed like they got over their nerves a lot and joined in too, one day hopefully soon you could do too, if your group is anything like mine, they have to be kicked out about 9 ish lol...we have such a great time and really enjoy each others company and like I said earlier there were some fantastic new ideas tonight, my private little recipe book is building by the minute lol
Anyway hun, i am off to my bed, need an early-ish one got a banging headache after the humid day and night so going to try and catch up tonight, nighty night xx

You will do it Lily:) you are so determined huni.We will keep shrinking!!! Off to shake my stuff to just dance 2 :Dx

You will do it Lily:) you are so determined huni.We will keep shrinking!!! Off to shake my stuff to just dance 2 :Dx

Thanks Surrey...I won't be shrinking if I have another night like last night....I opened the dreaded Maltesers and darn it they weren't even that nice, but I scoffed the whole bag 34 BLOODY SYNS in one go, I can't even use the excuse of being depressed about gaining, cos I wasn't depressed, but like everything else, I am not going to beat myself up over it..I did it, that was yesterday, today is a new day...now another plan to get the 2lb I gained this week, off, and another to make sure I don't put on any more due to my moment of weakness.
So plan is ...double my superfree, eat a whole lot less carbs, do more intense and longer workouts, definitely drink more water, be a lot more active other than the planned exercise and hopefully, please god, I will step on the scales next week to a 10lb loss lol...or even the 2lb I gained this week would be great lol
Good luck with your Just dance 2 hun, think I might get mine out today and do it for a change and to give my body a total shake up this week (a change is as good as a rest ), it won't know what's hit it lol xx

ok back on track, and today's menu read likes so:

EE

Breakfast:
Mixed fruit salad (Apple, plums, flat peach, nectarine, melon and banana)
1 Crumble yoghurt over the top 0.5 syn
Coffee 1.5 syns
Glass of water (1 pint)

Mid morning:
Slice of melon
Glass of water (1 pint)

Lunch:
2 slices brown bread ( Hexb)
Lettuce, Tomato, Cucumber and Beetroot
2 Yellow Plums and an Apple
Glass of water (1 pint)

Mid Afternoon:
Grapes and Apple
Glass of water (1 pint)

Dinner:
Chicken Stir fry
50g Sharwood's dried Fine Egg Noodles
Honey, mustard and soy sauce 1 syn
Loads of stir fry veg with extra mangetout and sugar snap peas
Rice pudding with crumble yoghurt 0.5 syns

Extras:
3 Glasses of water while exercising (3 pints)
3 x Mini babybel light (Hexa)

Have done 2.5 hours of exercise, might do more later, will update if I do xx

Total for day = 3.5 syns

Last edited:
The Crumble yoghurt omg they are to die for, 0.5 syns each, they are the new shape delight ones...my C says that he was told they were free but that on the SW calculator they come up as 0.5 syns, so he takes his as free,I take mine at half a syn, I'm taking no chances lol, they come in rhubarb and apple crumble flavours, and my favourite way of eating them is to boil up some pudding rice and let it cool then stick it in the fridge and when it's really icy add the apple crumble delight...Mullerice for half a syn...real apple mullerice is 10.5 syns...once again thanks for your kind words hun, and please pop back for a chat, I will have to catch up on your diary, there are so many lol xx

They sound mega good. We can get Shape yogurts in Iceland n our village. If they haven't got the crumble ones I shall very politely............... stamp my feet and scream and scweem and scweem !!!! No, seriously I will ask them to get them in for me.

Your meal plan for today looks good.

So is the watercress soup your new found chilled soup? I was looking at a pea soup that was chilled on the SW website and was intrigued but, like you, never ventured into that area before.
Don't know why cos I've eaten everything else. :p

Lots of people trying new tricks this week to 'shake' things up. Might have to give that some thought.
Keep hearing 'success express' mentioned. Not familiar with that one.

Ohh just a thought. Tesco is doing the crumble yogurts for 2 for £2 so effectively same price as Morrisons, and their offer goes on for a bit longer, maybe another week I think.
Stock up girls!

Ohh just a thought. Tesco is doing the crumble yogurts for 2 for £2 so effectively same price as Morrisons, and their offer goes on for a bit longer, maybe another week I think.
Stock up girls!

AAArgghhh why didn't you tell me that BEFORE I went to Morrisons and bought their last 8 boxes lol

So is the watercress soup your new found chilled soup? I was looking at a pea soup that was chilled on the SW website and was intrigued but, like you, never ventured into that area before.
Don't know why cos I've eaten everything else. :p

Lots of people trying new tricks this week to 'shake' things up. Might have to give that some thought.
Keep hearing 'success express' mentioned. Not familiar with that one.

Omg I thought the watercress soup last night was to die for, right up my street,
love soup...check....love watercress...check...listened to the ingredients and method she outlined for making it....check....so why the hell does mine taste like pooh...it's bloody disgusting :8855: will have to wait till next week to get the recipe properly and in the meantime adjust my menu to cross watercress soup off it lol xxx

Last edited:
Back