Sick of carrying 2 hitch hikers about, so this is my diary

Hi Lily I didn't get woman of the year came second by 2 votes a well deserving woman who lost 6st in 2 years won it and she is going to the quarter finals, Lost 3.5lb got my 2st sticker, club 10 and sotw, so can’t grumble, I was chuffed to come second and be nominated there was 7 people who was nominated, thank you for your support.

Jane x

Jane, you are woman of the year to us, you are doing an amazing job, hence all the awards today. I am dead proud of you hun and I love your thread all those amazing recipes and so helpful, you will definitely do it next year, I can feel it xx

It's a good job he didn't knock on my door to show me the kitkat cos I'd have knicked it off him :D

HAHA...why do I believe you :8855:

hey lily, just been catching up with your diary, hope your feeling better, i hate having a cold just generally runs you down doesn't it.
lots of fluid and reg paracetamol always works for me xx
take care xxx:)

Hi Mandy and thanks hun,
I don't really know how I feel today, thought I was ok this morning, but been shivering while everyone else says they're hot, got a taste and burning sensation in my mouth and throat, very similar to when I used to smoke too many cigarettes and no I haven't had a sneaky one :yuk:
Did the workout with Terry, but wasn't really into it today and he was going to stay at his sisters till Saturday, so was only an hour long session, think I might just have a long soak in my bath and curl up with my blankie and hot water bottle and loads of drinks, will take paracetamol if I have to but cos I take so many other pills I don't like taking more unless it's absolutely imperative.

Hope you are feeling abit better Lily. ((hugs))) I shall find my magazine and copy that recipe out then if that good :D need things my fussy kids might eat too :D

xxxxxxxxxx

Hi Jackie,
This is a weird cold, one minute fine next feel weak and chilled to the bone..we are having beef cobbler again tonight at Kia's request, will have that and hit the bath and then bed me thinks, I haven't slept so much for years which tells me I'm not right (wish I could swap and let you have some of my sleep).
The Ham, Bean and Chip bake is a kids dream, it's just egg chips beans and ham all baked together...I used Heinz BBQ beans instead of ordinary ones gave it a bit of a smoky flavour.
Anyway I am off, dinner is ready, will put my menu for today up later, have a nice evening and will speak soon xx

That sounds like my kind of cooking. Just bung it all in together and leave it to cook :)

Hope you feel better soon. Your body obviously needs the sleep so just do what it says and concentrate on getting better.

Thanks Tilly, I think maybe me trying to fight it isn't working and I need to just do what it's telling me, just slept for 4 hours so you can bet your bottom dollar I'll be awake until about 5am again lol...headache is driving me mad, keeps coming and going, is back with vengeance right now, so i think a couple of nurofen are the order of the day...I am just doing a quick catch up and I think I'll go and sit in living room with the lights out and try and watch a bit of tv, love the crap they show late at night (it's so bad it's compelling lol), would make daytime tv worth watching if they showed it at a reasonable hour :8855:
Speak soon xx

The bake sounds yummy. what ham did you use as it said tinned ham didn't it> Not used that for years. Like the idea of the smokey beans

Hope you are soon feeling better sweetie. I have a sore tongue so I am praying i don't get what Charlie has had :( Shattered. We are downstairs tonight in hpes I get more sleep and at least I won't have to keep getting up going to her room get into bed, and go back again.

Catch up soon
lots of love
jackie
x

Hi hon, the bake was absolutely gorgeous, looks like we're having it again tomorrow night, Kia is going home so has asked if she can choose dinner till she leaves, so we are indulging her (she likes everything we like so I know it won't all be junk, thankfully), the ham I used as I am a tight fisted so and so at times lol is Ye Old Oak Premium Ham 340g on special in Tesco right now (hence the reason I bought it), for 340g, the reason you use tinned ham for this is cos it's supposed to be diced nice and chunky...I just jazz it up a bit, with added herbs and spices, it says to use Parsley, but I added a little bit of chilli, paprika and coriander leaf...I love just about 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of chilli in most things lol.

My tongue, throat and entire mouth are on fire right now, and I am the complete opposite of how I have been all day, I am now roasting, all except my feet, they are icy cold..oh well, I am sure I'll be as right as rain soon, just need to listen to my body and go with what it says ...have been drinking a lot more fluid, I already drink about 8 pints of fluid a day, but the last few days I have been drinking a lot more ...so consequently more trips to the loo and as far as I am concerned definitely more body magic, I don't have a downstairs lav, my little house is too small ...I'd have to lose half my kitchen and I will NOT give that up lol
I am off to rest hun, will catch you tomorrow, hope you get a half decent nights rest xx

*licks lily's nose*

hope you feel better soon :(

You're a better friend than I am. :8855::8855:

But I will give you all the :hug99: in the world cos I know how revolting these summer colds are. I was just like you when I had it. It'll soon be over Lily, Hold in there! ;)

Thank you hun, cold has really come out today with a vengeance, my throat is so sore I can barely swallow, head is thumping like hell and nose is absolutely streaming and eyes have joined in too (don't ya just love when you get older and the eyes stream at everything), am in a really foul mood today, feel like saying F**K it all...and it's not cos I am tired either, have slept so much I think I could earn a gold medal, just sick to the back teeth of people thinking they know me and then Mal who should really know me by now, backing them up, really infuriates me ...so today I am going to go and just be by myself and avoid a possible world war 3 in my house.
Hope you have a great day and I'll speak to you soon xx

How are you feeling today sweetie :hug99:

I shall get the ingredients for the bake as reckon my little lot will eat it and sounds lush :D thank you

Hope you are feeling a little better today xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

See above as to how I am feeling, but knowing me I will go off have a bath some me time, p*ss Mal off out of it for the day, he winds me up more when I feel like this anyway, so best he steers clear, and just do a bit of thinking and I'll be fine, just need some time to calm down, I feel like a wound up spring right now.
We are having the Bean etc bake again tonight, so definitely do it hun, I reckon you will love it, how can you not love a chip bake which is basically what it is.
Have a good day, hopefully catch up later, when i am a bit calmer (if they haven't carted me off to jail for murder first ) :) xx

Bad day huh lily? And when you're so full of poorliness, too. :hug99:

Have a selfish day. I love those. And remember what you told me a few days back... scares hell out of them when you stop doing all the mum things for everyone. Its you and the dvd player today, pet. ;)

awww Lily sweetie :hug99: I feel the same due to be so tired. I'm absolutely horrid I really am. Zero patience and ready to pounce :( Tomorrow is a new day and hopefully you will feel so much better :hug99: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks hun, but it's not just feeling unwell, I am just sick to death of people thinking they know me and telling me what I am thinking, especially when they don't actually know me that well and then I get Mal sticking up for them, really pees me off...I'm sorry but call me old fashioned, when you have known me for more than 5 minutes then you can be familiar with me and about me, until then keep your opinions to yourself ....sorry for ranting it's just one of those things that really makes me see red, if it was something trivial I could let it go but it's a little more than that...aaaarrrgggghhh....I locked myself away all day and read and read and slept too....got another bad headache and I hate them too...think maybe I should go to bed and see if I can get out the right side tomorrow :giggle: xx

hey lily, just stopped in to see how you were feeling today, obviously not too good xx
make sure you have some good me time and pamper your self a bit you know you deserve it xx

hope you feel better soon
xx

Thanks Mandy, I did have some good me time, feel a lot better but have decided to give Mal the cold shoulder for a day or 2 until he gets what being married means (you stand by your wife of 36 years, not someone you've known 5 minutes), will just have a quick mooch about and then I am going to get ready for bed...son in laws birthday tomorrow and they are going out so I am having kids again lol, don't mind cos it looks like they are getting their marriage well and truly back on track ...hope you're well hun xx

Bad day huh lily? And when you're so full of poorliness, too. :hug99:

Have a selfish day. I love those. And remember what you told me a few days back... scares hell out of them when you stop doing all the mum things for everyone. Its you and the dvd player today, pet. ;)

Bad day? Yeah just a bit :rolleyes:, thanks hun... I had and am having a very selfish day, I have done exactly what I wanted all day and have let them get on with it, they are now walking about on egg shells, good will do them good....Best thing is I was so angry I couldn't really eat, I have had food, not that silly, but it felt like it was sticking in my throat...I better have lost loads on Tuesday cos I won't be happy :D
Going to do a quick catch up, speak soon xx

Poor you.

It's only cos you're poorly that they're getting on your nerves. You know you love them all really :)

Now that doesn't mean you can't tell them what you think. You can always blame it on the cold ;)

It's not just cos of the cold hun, but I think they get the picture now ....or should I say for now and believe me hun, I DID tell them in no uncertain terms ...I don't think there's any doubt about how I feel right now and no not going to blame it on the cold ...gonna blame it on them ...about time too xx
I'm not normally a grouch ..it takes a lot to really pee me off but today they have succeeded and I'm not going to forgive them ....just yet :p

Yesterday's Menu:

Breakfast:
2 x Weetabix (Hexb)
Muller Light Toffee Yoghurt
Banana
Coffee 1.5 syns
Water (1 pint)

Mid Morning:
Peach, Apple,Plum (fruit salad)
Water (1 pint)

Lunch:
Minestrone Soup
Banana

Dinner:
Beef Cobbler
Carrots
Butternut Squash
Runner Beans
Water (1 pint)

Extras:
4 x Ryvita 6 syns
5 x Laughing Cow Light (Hexa)
Salsa 1 syn
Cucumber and Tomato
Water (1 pint)
Coffee 1.5 syns

Did 1 hour exercise, wii sports and wii fit + weights + Water (1 pint)

Total for the day = 10 syns

35.5/105

Today's menu:

Breakfast:
Fruit Salad (Banana, Apple, Plums, Strawberries, Peach)
Coffee 1.5 syns
Water (1 pint)

Mid Morning:
Crumble Yoghurt 0.5 syns
Mini Ryvitas 4 syns
Water (1 pint)

Lunch:
Minestrone Soup
Pineapple
Water (1 pint)

Dinner:
Ham, Bean, Egg and Chip Bake
Pineapple
Yoghurt 0.5 syns
Water (1 pint)

Extras:
4 x Ryvita (Hexb)
5 x Deli Laughing Cow Light, Tomato and Basil (Hexa)
Peach
Jane's Eton Mess 2.5 syns

Did 2 hours exercise, wii fit, wii sports, weights, resistance and Sports Active 2 + Water (2 pints )

Total for the day = 9 syns

44.5/105

Last edited:
ooooo i love what you eat lily- i want to come live with you, heehee

Something has obviously hurt you sweetie :hug99: :hug99: hope you are okay. Here if you need me anytime.

Food as always is lush. I plan on clearing the lounge tomorrow (famous last words) so room to do exercise. At moment its a tip and a fold up bed in there for charlie lol

Hope you are okay lots of love xxxxxxxxxxxxx

ooooo i love what you eat lily- i want to come live with you, heehee

Thank you hun, you can come live with me if you like, but you'll have to kip on the floor like the ankle-biters do lol :D:D My Palace is only tiny.
I do like quite a varied diet cos if I get bored that's when I start to pick xx

Something has obviously hurt you sweetie :hug99: :hug99: hope you are okay. Here if you need me anytime.

Food as always is lush. I plan on clearing the lounge tomorrow (famous last words) so room to do exercise. At moment its a tip and a fold up bed in there for charlie lol

Hope you are okay lots of love xxxxxxxxxxxxx

You're right Jackie, hurt me a lot, but I am fine, isn't the 1st time and I doubt it's the last, just sometimes it makes me angry rather than sad and today was an angry day.
I didn't feel like eating this morning so my breakfast was at 1.30pm ...lunch at 5pm and dinner at 9.30pm lol, should really have named my mid morning snack as a mid afternoon one but couldn't be bothered to change it :p
Haven't got a fold up bed, but kids have been sleeping on the living room floor for the last few weeks...my daughter normally stays at her future in laws when they stay but hasn't been able to this time, but it's an adventure for them and I sleep on the sofa a lot anyway cos of my back...paid over £6,000 for my bed when I got my compensation after the accident and most of the time I can't sleep in the thing, so Mal does and it's mahoosive too...I got 2 x 3ft 6inch beds that slot together as I wanted the space, there's not a lot of room for anything else in the bedroom so the box room is housing our spare wardrobes and chest of drawers..hence the reason the kids sleep on the floor. I reckon they have got the comfiest bed though, they have 2 king size quilts doubled over and they lay on them and then their own individual quilts on top ...they love it lol xx

my kids love camping in the lounge like that. exciting.

:hug99: Lily. Sorry someone upset you. :( sort em out :D

I am signing off to see if I can doze off... will find something boring on tv in hopes I can doze off quickly :D

take care sweetie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back