Sick of carrying 2 hitch hikers about, so this is my diary

Awww. You are amazing - and you must finish that book and publish it. In fact, I am going to make it my mission to get you to do it! Something (one of the many things!) that I love about Kals is that she has this knack of distilling what she wants to say in a few words and gets the point across really meaningfully - I can't do that and so wish I could, I get writer's diarrhoea :8855: so apologies if I take over your diary for few minutes!

Filled up whilst reading about your accident and the consequences - especially when you were doing such a valuable and hard job. The first thing my OH said when I mentioned you'd had this awful accident (didn't know the details then) was 'I hope Lily did a PI claim' (he is a solicitor lol) and I said I didn't know how it had happened - but I now hope you did. I know it was one of those situations that was really difficult, but the lady was obviously unpredictable and the company/carehome are responsible so I hope you did get some form of compensation Lily and let us know if you didn't and he'll look at it for you!!!

The effect it had on you, physically and mentally is just awful - but like I said before, that just shows how amazing and strong you are to be the person you are today. I can't believe what you've been through in your life and how you have never given up, no matter what. Everyone out there (not just on minis) would be so inspired by your story so get that book written Mrs :8855:. It must be so hard tho' and I can totally understand you not wanting to keep going over and over stuff.

You're friend sounds equally amazing, and so like you. I can see how you bonded despite living at opposite ends of the world. I love the pay it forward idea. I think you do that every day, on here as well as in your own life. Your family sounds such a wonderful, strong unit. I'm sure you were told as a child you were the weakest as your determined little personality back then would have shone through and so the bullies that 'looked after' (pah!) you wanted to try and squish it out of you. FAIL!!!! I don't mean to be flippant, but how anyone could ever say that about you is a joke - you've proved them wrong over and over again.

I wondered about the pods for you and I think you should carry on just the way you are - you will get to 12 stones on your own - you are so determined. The pods cause mega changes for those of us who've had emotional issues connected with food and it can be a bit daunting so I think when you get to the weight you want to be, you should give them a 6 month proper go. That way, they will sort out your issues with food once and for all and you will never ever put the weight back on and be off the emotional rollercoaster that overeating causes. Hope I don't sound too preachy and I know you've not mentioned them a lot in your own diary, but I noticed your post in Jackie's diary the other day and had a good think about it!

You inspire us all and I hope you have a wonderful day :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: xxx

PS: Love the friends poem - so true! xxx

Hello everyone, I am such a lazy moo, lol I didn't actually fall asleep till gone 5 this morning, and was up at 8.30 as Mal had to go collect my son in law and then drop the kids back home for a few hours, so once they were all gone I went back to bed for a couple of hours as my mouth and lips are covered in sores, I believe this is probably something to do with the weird flu type thing I had on Saturday....that's the downfall of steroids, they knock out your immune system and even though I take supplements, I am still the first one in the firing line, when things go round :argh:
I then had a long conversation with my sister on the phone, so have only just had brunch :eek:, I wouldn't mind but my sis is popping over at about 3.30, we'll have nothing to talk about....and if you believe that you'll believe anything :giggle: Me....I can talk for England and my sis is very like me in that way :8855:
Will do my positives and then I will have a read of your lovely messages and then I will be disappearing until after Sis has gone...hope you're all having a lovely day, cya later :hug99: xxxxxx :bighug: xxxxxx

Morning Lilly... Hope you slept well.

The sun is shining here.. Have a wonderful day Hunny!! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you hun, hope you're having a wonderful day too, will pop by later to see how you're doing, :whip: and boots ready just incase :giggle: and of course to see the gorgeous Alfie ...it's D -Day isn't it...Doggie day :giggle: xxx:hug99: xxxx

Good Morning lovely Lily. :)

Morning Lily x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Morning Lily, hope you have a good day :)

Hello ladies, thank you all and hope you're having a lovely day too , all of you :bighug: xxxx

Lily I absolutely love your friends quote
and how true it is....
I probably don't have a scooby doo in catching up
here Dawn say's my diary moves fast by boy
yours is epic :giggle: lovely lady
so by the time I have read it I have information
overload going round my head
there is so much I wanna comment on buts I have a brain
like a sieve hahah
but I must say I have to agree with Lisa
you are one amazing nana x

Thank you lovely, I love her quote too and try to live my life by it.
I have days when next to nothing happens on my diary and then another day when it goes mental, so thank you for taking the time to read it hun
Awww you guys (why did I say that in the voice of Sloth from the Goonies as I was typing it :giggle:), you are making me feel so special and tearful, it's so nice to hear ...thank you hun :bighug: xxxx

wow! you have really gone through so much! but it's so good to see you stronger than before. and even though you may consider yourself to have only 3 friends, you have many many more from everyone on minimins! hope you have a lovely day! :hug99:

Aww sweetie, are you lot doing what my kids do to me....they buy me cards and have a competition to see who can make me cry the most ....sorry don't mean to sound disrespectful, but it has just bough tears to my eyes again, that is such a lovely thing to say LMC, while I think of all of you as my very good and best friends, it's still hard to accept that anyone would want to be my friend...so thank you all from the bottom of my heart :hug99: xxxxx

Some friends are here for a reason
Some friends are for a season
And some friends are for a lifetime

love it :D

:wavey: morning lovely Lily. Hope today is a good one :) x

Hello lovely, that is such a true little poem, I do hope that we will always be friends for a lifetime...all of you my mini family :hug99:
Hope today is a really good day for you too my lovely twin :bighug: :hug99: xxxxx

Awww. You are amazing - and you must finish that book and publish it. In fact, I am going to make it my mission to get you to do it! Something (one of the many things!) that I love about Kals is that she has this knack of distilling what she wants to say in a few words and gets the point across really meaningfully - I can't do that and so wish I could, I get writer's diarrhoea :8855: so apologies if I take over your diary for few minutes!

Hello lovely, The book may or may not ever be finished, it was written along with some poetry when I was in counselling between 1995 - 1997, it was never really meant to be anything other than me getting things off my chest, things that I found hard to put into words and has in fact only just about 2 or 3 chapters so far....but one day I may well finish it...if not it did what it was supposed to do and help me come to terms with parts of my life and to actually vocalise my feelings even if it was only on paper xx

Filled up whilst reading about your accident and the consequences - especially when you were doing such a valuable and hard job. The first thing my OH said when I mentioned you'd had this awful accident (didn't know the details then) was 'I hope Lily did a PI claim' (he is a solicitor lol) and I said I didn't know how it had happened - but I now hope you did. I know it was one of those situations that was really difficult, but the lady was obviously unpredictable and the company/carehome are responsible so I hope you did get some form of compensation Lily and let us know if you didn't and he'll look at it for you!!!

I did do a PI claim hun, through my union at work, but like everything in my life even that couldn't run smoothly, in the 5 years it took to get to court, I had my solicitor tell me that I didn't have a case on 3 occasions and each time refused to take it further and then back tracked after I had words, the final time was after I had spoken to an ex Matron of a elderly care facility, who was now a lecturer and trainer on manual lifts and who pointed out to me that the lift (the drag lift) I had been taught (I had never worked in care before starting this job in 1989,) had been banned in 1981, 8 years before I even started at the home. To cut a long story short, I had used the lift for the whole of the 9 years I worked there as the asst manager had taught us me and another lady, when we started there and had never been advised not to use it, not even during my induction which wasn't held until 2 years after I started working there and training which was held over 5 years after I started there and only given then when we were advised that everyone needed to learn how to use a hoist. So the solicitor reinstated my case and then 3 months before we went to court, the firm of solicitors sacked him and I then had another solicitor who I must admit did an amazing job in 3 months. Then when we got to court, the first thing the judge said was that my employers (The London Borough of Harrow) were counter sueing me for not following the procedures I was taught during training....he immedaitely threw that one out, said they had no grounds to counter sue ...the first bit of good luck.
Then when it actually got under way, I was informed by my barrister that the doctor that was my doctor had said that he couldn't say the injury was totally caused by the accident, as in 1972, I had gone to the doctors complaining of back pain after my father pushed me down the stairs and on that basis he was saying that if I won the case, in his opinion I wouldn't have been able to do the job for longer than another 18 months anyway (even though I had never made any complaints about my back or taken time off work with anything to do with my back in 9 years), so when I did actually win and the judge in his summing up made a point of saying that he felt that of all the evidence he'd had to listen to, he was able to say with certainty that I had given a frank and truthful account of what happened in the home that I worked in....there were other factors that went in my favour, such as I said that I was the only one who kept my key working records up to date, that was verified, I also said key equipment was locked away from us at night, this was also verified and I had pointed out that I had used the banned lift during training and had not been pulled up. about it and the trainer was in court and verified that there were 26 of us on the course that day and she was the only trainer and while she couldn't say I had used the lift she also couldn't say I hadn't as there were too many people to watch over. So I won the case which I was ecstatic about as it cleared my name ....but I soon got shot down again, cos my doctor had stated that he thought that in 18 months my back would have given out anyway, even without any clear evidence of that (I hadn't even had an MRI scan by then), they accepted that and paid me 18 months loss of earnings and £6,000 in compensation and that was that, which was just shy of £24,000....but then the DSS stepped in and demanded £13,000+ back as I couldn't get earnings and claim incapacity benefit, so I walked away with £10, 600, which bought me my Adjustomatic bed (just over £6000, as I can't sleep flat ina normal bed anymore) and paid a couple of bills and that's it all gone and me I am still unable to walk properly or do what I want....I was angry at first, but now I am happy that I was proven right, they were found to be negligent on all counts and about 2 montsh later, the home I worked in was shut down and is even now just a day care centre....sorry that was so long winded lol

The effect it had on you, physically and mentally is just awful - but like I said before, that just shows how amazing and strong you are to be the person you are today. I can't believe what you've been through in your life and how you have never given up, no matter what. Everyone out there (not just on minis) would be so inspired by your story so get that book written Mrs :8855:. It must be so hard tho' and I can totally understand you not wanting to keep going over and over stuff.

It's not even that it's hard hun, it is /was my life, but I don't want to keep going over the negatives, I am happy now, yeah I have had a lot of sh*t thrown my way, but I survived it, there are a lot of people out there a lot worse off than me, admittedly I didn't always think that way, but I do now....I am happy and not only happy, but really blessed with my life...I have a wonderful family even with their faults, I have cut myself free from my past, I don't speak to my father, nor did I speak to my mother for the last 15 years of her life, and I also don't speak to 3 of my siblings and numerous nieces, nephews and cousins etc, they seem to think it's ok for me to have gone through what I did at my mother and father's hands and just say oh ok I forgive you even though you haven't made one bit of effort to even try and apologise, accept what you did or in my fathers case, get help....so as far as I am concerned if they think that way, then they must condone what they my parents did and therefore they aren't the kind of people I want or need in my life...it wasn't easy but as the saying goes, you can't choose your family.....or even better than that is.
..the bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each others lives, that is a really strong and meaningful saying for me and I live by it xxx

You're friend sounds equally amazing, and so like you. I can see how you bonded despite living at opposite ends of the world. I love the pay it forward idea. I think you do that every day, on here as well as in your own life. Your family sounds such a wonderful, strong unit. I'm sure you were told as a child you were the weakest as your determined little personality back then would have shone through and so the bullies that 'looked after' (pah!) you wanted to try and squish it out of you. FAIL!!!! I don't mean to be flippant, but how anyone could ever say that about you is a joke - you've proved them wrong over and over again.

My friend is a lovely lady, who had a similar upbringing to me and she is wise beyond belief and as tough as old boots, but you'll never meet or make a truer friend in your life xxx
My husband, children, grandchildren and sister and brother and their offspring are my family aloing with my friends and they are all I need and want, they respect and love me and I do the same back.....the people who said that about me weren't just some any old bullies, they were my parents and of all the abuse that they inflicted upon me, the mental abuse was and still is the hardest to overcome xxx

I wondered about the pods for you and I think you should carry on just the way you are - you will get to 12 stones on your own - you are so determined. The pods cause mega changes for those of us who've had emotional issues connected with food and it can be a bit daunting so I think when you get to the weight you want to be, you should give them a 6 month proper go. That way, they will sort out your issues with food once and for all and you will never ever put the weight back on and be off the emotional rollercoaster that overeating causes. Hope I don't sound too preachy and I know you've not mentioned them a lot in your own diary, but I noticed your post in Jackie's diary the other day and had a good think about it!

You inspire us all and I hope you have a wonderful day :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: xxx

PS: Love the friends poem - so true! xxx

Thank you hun, I was thinking of trying the pods again when I was nearer my goal, I am happy where I am right now and with how my weight is going even with the 3 month blip lol.
You all inspire me too, I am finding it easier everyday to accept that I am a good and worthy person and to believe that I have something meaningful to say and that is because of all you guys, you really are the very best friends anyone could ever hope to have and I really do love you all :hug99: xxxxx

So now that I am running really late I better dash and see you all later :giggle: TTFN :hug99: xxxxxxxx

Lily

Your posts are brilliant..so honest and warm. They have kept me quiet and out of the kitchen for quite a while!

Take care, you are very special, and deserve good friends and lots of squidgy babies around to cherish!

Po xxx

Hi Lily...............me again :giggle: Just reading your reply to a post and just wanted to say that you show tremendous courage in rising above all that has befallen you in your life as a lesser person would have crumbled under the weight of it all and become bitter. Not you tho, as you are a woman of immense strength and character and realise that bitterness ruins lives - yours and those around you. I think you have done the right thing in moving on with your life and putting the past behind you, not forgotten, but no dwelt on and for that you have found a richness that they will never know. WTG Lily xx

WOW :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Thank you Patsy hun, that's exactly my sentiments too and I lived it lol :bighug: xxx:hug99: xxx

Lily

Your posts are brilliant..so honest and warm. They have kept me quiet and out of the kitchen for quite a while!

Take care, you are very special, and deserve good friends and lots of squidgy babies around to cherish!

Po xxx
Hello and :welcome2: hun, thank you for your kind words, being brought up in a house where lies and pain were the norm, I swore to always be open, honest and loving and it's lovely that you and many others recognise that, it makes me really happy.
Thank you again, I have great friends, I am very blessed and I just love my babies be they my big ones, medium ones, small ones and those yet to come, 40 years ago I could never have imagined that I would feel or even could feel this lucky and happy :bighug: xxxx

Hi Lily...............me again :giggle: Just reading your reply to a post and just wanted to say that you show tremendous courage in rising above all that has befallen you in your life as a lesser person would have crumbled under the weight of it all and become bitter. Not you tho, as you are a woman of immense strength and character and realise that bitterness ruins lives - yours and those around you. I think you have done the right thing in moving on with your life and putting the past behind you, not forgotten, but no dwelt on and for that you have found a richness that they will never know. WTG Lily xx

Hello Dawnie, welcome back sweetie :giggle:
Dawn it has taken me a long time to rise above it, I have had a nervous breakdown, been all through the anger and hatred and even swore I would never, could never ever forgive them for what they did, but then realised after counselling that to forgive them would help me to shake off the anger and I needed to as it felt like I had a whole angry person inside me that I could almost reach inside and grab....to explain it properly it felt like a massive lump in my chest. Once I had truly forgiven them (never forgotten and never will and would never want them back in my life, as my counsellor said I had to mourn them as if they were dead, so when my mother died 3 years ago I wasn't in the least bit upset, as I had mourned her a dozen years earlier ), the lump disappeared and has never returned.
Plus all that anger was not being directed at them it was being directed at those that had done me no harm and who I loved and was on the way to losing and I couldn't and wouldn't let that happen, because then they (my parents) would have won, they would have made me into them and that was never ever going to happen to me or my children...over my dead body.....when I went into counselling, I remember saying to my counsellor, I have 3 choices, commit suicide, but I can't do that because then my children would suffer, go to my parents house and kill them, again couldn't do that because I would go to prison and again my children would suffer, or have counselling, no matter how long it took and move on with my life so that my children had a chance of a decent life.....unlike my parents, I have always believed that I owe my children a decent life and upbringing, and not the other way like my parents believed, after all I chose to give birth, my children didn't ask to be born.
So yes hun , I have found a lot of love a real richness to my life that my parents have never known and I can even feel a little sorry for them, because it could have been so different.

Anyways enough about me, and I am now off to visit a few diaries ....I am later than i thought I would be, my sis stayed for dinner and we had another lovely long chat lol

I am going to write my positives and then my menu and then off to visit a few of you :hug99: xxxxxxxx

Positives Thursday 5th April 2012

1) Woke up early despite a very late night and then went back and had a nap and feel brilliant
2) I have 2 of my grandchildren here and I love that they want to be here, love them all to bits
3) I have the best family in the world who I love and adore and who lvoe and adore me right back
4) I have the best mini friends in the world and I love and adore you all
5) Have had a nice afternoon with my baby sister, chatting and catching up
6) Day 10 of being 100% and loving it xxxx

Oops there goes my reading skills again Good to see you mean things from the heart of your bottom. :giggle:

How did I miss this one, really made me lol :giggle: xxxx:hug99:xxxx

Menu Thursday 5th april 2012

Brunch:
2 x Home made Wholemeal bread (70g) Hexb + 1 syn
Scrambled eggs
Baked Beans
Mountain of Mushrooms
Coffee 1.5 syns
Water 1 pint
2 x Mandarins

Dinner:
Jacket Potato
Philadelphia Light Hexa
Chilli (full of veg and lentils)
Salad
Water 2 pints (while nattering to sis)
Mullerlight Vanilla with dark chocolate and cherry underlay 1.5 syns

Extras:
Cup of tea 1 syn (for milk)
Water 2 pints

Need to reply properly but was just about to when ceiling started pouring out water from the shower above, so will just say very quickly hope you have a lovely day today and until I can do a proper post I'll quote Patsy and Dawne 'cos couldn't sya ti any better than them anyway :bughug: xxxxxxx

WOW :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Morning Lily, hope you have a good day :)

Morning Lily

Happy Good Friday to you hun x

Morning lovely Lily. Hope you're having a good one. :)

Need to reply properly but was just about to when ceiling started pouring out water from the shower above, so will just say very quickly hope you have a lovely day today and until I can do a proper post I'll quote Patsy and Dawne 'cos couldn't sya ti any better than them anyway :bughug: xxxxxxx

Afternoon everyone, just a flying visit cos I have a million and one things to do today and then I am out to dinner at Kelly's this evening, Thank you all for your lovely kind words and Happy Good Friday to you all, hope you're having a fabulous day :hug99: xxxx

Positves Friday 6th April (Good Friday) 2012

1) Woke bright and early and feel happy as Larry (whoever Larry is :giggle:)
2) I am in the process of making hot cross buns, recipe says 16 @ 6.5 syns a piece, will let you know if I can make them smaller lol
3) I have a wonderful family who love me and who I love and adore right back
4) I have the best mini family in the world and I love you and adore you all
5) Day 11 of 100% positive and on track...:woohoo:
6) I have 2 of my beautiful grandchildren here and they are wonderful and really funny they have me in stitches, I am blessed
:bighug: xxxx

Here is the recipe for the hot cross buns in case anyone wants to give them a go lol

they are 6.5 syns each compared to an average 9-10.5 syns for a shop bought one....big difference.

Have a great day all :hug99: xxxxxxxxx

Chocolate Hot Cross Buns
454g/1lb strong plain white bread flour
pinch of salt
1 tbsp mixed spice
2 sachets low calorie drinking chocolate powder, eg Options
2 tsp easy blend dried yeast
57g/2oz currants
2 tbsp sunflower oil
284ml/10fl oz lukewarm skimmed milk
for the glaze:
1 tbsp granulated artificial sweetener
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Preheat the oven to 200°C, 400°F, Gas Mark 6 and Line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
Sift the flour, salt, mixed spice and drinking chocolate into a bowl.
Mix well. Stir in the yeast and currants.
Make a well in the centre and spoon in the oil. Gradually pour in the milk and mix to form a soft but not sticky dough.
Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for 5 minutes until smooth and elastic, place in a floured bowl, cover and leave in a warm place for 1 hour until doubled in size.
Turn out and re-knead. Divide into 16 pieces, shape into buns and place on the baking sheet, cover and leave till they have doubled in size, for approx 30 minutes. Using a sharp knife score a cross on the top of each bun and then bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until risen and golden brown.
Make the glaze, by dissolving the sweetener in 1 tbsp of boiling water. Once the buns are cooked, brush them with the glaze immediately. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. They are best served warm.

Back