Sick of carrying 2 hitch hikers about, so this is my diary

I did do a PI claim hun, through my union at work, but like everything in my life even that couldn't run smoothly, in the 5 years it took to get to court, I had my solicitor tell me that I didn't have a case on 3 occasions and each time refused to take it further and then back tracked after I had words, the final time was after I had spoken to an ex Matron of a elderly care facility, who was now a lecturer and trainer on manual lifts and who pointed out to me that the lift (the drag lift) I had been taught (I had never worked in care before starting this job in 1989,) had been banned in 1981, 8 years before I even started at the home. To cut a long story short, I had used the lift for the whole of the 9 years I worked there as the asst manager had taught us me and another lady, when we started there and had never been advised not to use it, not even during my induction which wasn't held until 2 years after I started working there and training which was held over 5 years after I started there and only given then when we were advised that everyone needed to learn how to use a hoist. So the solicitor reinstated my case and then 3 months before we went to court, the firm of solicitors sacked him and I then had another solicitor who I must admit did an amazing job in 3 months. Then when we got to court, the first thing the judge said was that my employers (The London Borough of Harrow) were counter sueing me for not following the procedures I was taught during training....he immedaitely threw that one out, said they had no grounds to counter sue ...the first bit of good luck.
Then when it actually got under way, I was informed by my barrister that the doctor that was my doctor had said that he couldn't say the injury was totally caused by the accident, as in 1972, I had gone to the doctors complaining of back pain after my father pushed me down the stairs and on that basis he was saying that if I won the case, in his opinion I wouldn't have been able to do the job for longer than another 18 months anyway (even though I had never made any complaints about my back or taken time off work with anything to do with my back in 9 years), so when I did actually win and the judge in his summing up made a point of saying that he felt that of all the evidence he'd had to listen to, he was able to say with certainty that I had given a frank and truthful account of what happened in the home that I worked in....there were other factors that went in my favour, such as I said that I was the only one who kept my key working records up to date, that was verified, I also said key equipment was locked away from us at night, this was also verified and I had pointed out that I had used the banned lift during training and had not been pulled up. about it and the trainer was in court and verified that there were 26 of us on the course that day and she was the only trainer and while she couldn't say I had used the lift she also couldn't say I hadn't as there were too many people to watch over. So I won the case which I was ecstatic about as it cleared my name ....but I soon got shot down again, cos my doctor had stated that he thought that in 18 months my back would have given out anyway, even without any clear evidence of that (I hadn't even had an MRI scan by then), they accepted that and paid me 18 months loss of earnings and £6,000 in compensation and that was that, which was just shy of £24,000....but then the DSS stepped in and demanded £13,000+ back as I couldn't get earnings and claim incapacity benefit, so I walked away with £10, 600, which bought me my Adjustomatic bed (just over £6000, as I can't sleep flat ina normal bed anymore) and paid a couple of bills and that's it all gone and me I am still unable to walk properly or do what I want....I was angry at first, but now I am happy that I was proven right, they were found to be negligent on all counts and about 2 montsh later, the home I worked in was shut down and is even now just a day care centre....sorry that was so long winded lol

Oh crikey Lily what a horrible, stressful time - and to get peanuts at the end of it all :(. I've worked in a few care homes over the years and certainly even back in the 90s anything went - most of the ones I saw were doing the drag lift still. The hospitals were much better - it was banned in all the ones I worked in, and the equipment was much better. Can't believe you got the bad luck of such an unsupportive GP and poor solicitor. Can't believe the GPs attitude - no evidence and so unfair. It's disgusting that the government claw back their pound of flesh for incapacity benefit. Good job it didn't happen under this current one - they'd probably have taken the lot. No wonder you were so poorly - all the stress of that as well as the physical pain and everything else you'd been through :bighug: xxx
It's not even that it's hard hun, it is /was my life, but I don't want to keep going over the negatives, I am happy now, yeah I have had a lot of sh*t thrown my way, but I survived it, there are a lot of people out there a lot worse off than me, admittedly I didn't always think that way, but I do now....I am happy and not only happy, but really blessed with my life...I have a wonderful family even with their faults, I have cut myself free from my past, I don't speak to my father, nor did I speak to my mother for the last 15 years of her life, and I also don't speak to 3 of my siblings and numerous nieces, nephews and cousins etc, they seem to think it's ok for me to have gone through what I did at my mother and father's hands and just say oh ok I forgive you even though you haven't made one bit of effort to even try and apologise, accept what you did or in my fathers case, get help....so as far as I am concerned if they think that way, then they must condone what they my parents did and therefore they aren't the kind of people I want or need in my life...it wasn't easy but as the saying goes, you can't choose your family.....or even better than that is.
..the bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each others lives,that is a really strong and meaningful saying for me and I live by it xxx

My friend is a lovely lady, who had a similar upbringing to me and she is wise beyond belief and as tough as old boots, but you'll never meet or make a truer friend in your life xxx
My husband, children, grandchildren and sister and brother and their offspring are my family aloing with my friends and they are all I need and want, they respect and love me and I do the same back.....the people who said that about me weren't just some any old bullies, they were my parents and of all the abuse that they inflicted upon me, the mental abuse was and still is the hardest to overcome xxx

You're amazing to have come through it all - and found the right counsellor to help you. So brave. I knew you meant your parents when you said that but didn't like giving them that title as they didn't deserve it. That lovely quote is so true.

images
xxxxxxx

The buns sound lovely Might have to have a go at them. YUMM. :)

:hmm: think I used the wrong flour, I used the stoneground wholemeal, and the wrong kind of yeast,I used the fast action kind, the buns or should I say rocks :giggle: were awful, but I will persevere and try again tomorrow.....kids have asked if we can make birds nests :eek:....I used to make them every year and fill them with mini eggs :drool:, but since starting SW I haven't made them at all....:fingerscrossed: I can resist them tomorrow (today now) :hug99: xxxx

I did do a PI claim hun, through my union at work, but like everything in my life even that couldn't run smoothly, in the 5 years it took to get to court, I had my solicitor tell me that I didn't have a case on 3 occasions and each time refused to take it further and then back tracked after I had words, the final time was after I had spoken to an ex Matron of a elderly care facility, who was now a lecturer and trainer on manual lifts and who pointed out to me that the lift (the drag lift) I had been taught (I had never worked in care before starting this job in 1989,) had been banned in 1981, 8 years before I even started at the home. To cut a long story short, I had used the lift for the whole of the 9 years I worked there as the asst manager had taught us me and another lady, when we started there and had never been advised not to use it, not even during my induction which wasn't held until 2 years after I started working there and training which was held over 5 years after I started there and only given then when we were advised that everyone needed to learn how to use a hoist. So the solicitor reinstated my case and then 3 months before we went to court, the firm of solicitors sacked him and I then had another solicitor who I must admit did an amazing job in 3 months. Then when we got to court, the first thing the judge said was that my employers (The London Borough of Harrow) were counter sueing me for not following the procedures I was taught during training....he immedaitely threw that one out, said they had no grounds to counter sue ...the first bit of good luck.
Then when it actually got under way, I was informed by my barrister that the doctor that was my doctor had said that he couldn't say the injury was totally caused by the accident, as in 1972, I had gone to the doctors complaining of back pain after my father pushed me down the stairs and on that basis he was saying that if I won the case, in his opinion I wouldn't have been able to do the job for longer than another 18 months anyway (even though I had never made any complaints about my back or taken time off work with anything to do with my back in 9 years), so when I did actually win and the judge in his summing up made a point of saying that he felt that of all the evidence he'd had to listen to, he was able to say with certainty that I had given a frank and truthful account of what happened in the home that I worked in....there were other factors that went in my favour, such as I said that I was the only one who kept my key working records up to date, that was verified, I also said key equipment was locked away from us at night, this was also verified and I had pointed out that I had used the banned lift during training and had not been pulled up. about it and the trainer was in court and verified that there were 26 of us on the course that day and she was the only trainer and while she couldn't say I had used the lift she also couldn't say I hadn't as there were too many people to watch over. So I won the case which I was ecstatic about as it cleared my name ....but I soon got shot down again, cos my doctor had stated that he thought that in 18 months my back would have given out anyway, even without any clear evidence of that (I hadn't even had an MRI scan by then), they accepted that and paid me 18 months loss of earnings and £6,000 in compensation and that was that, which was just shy of £24,000....but then the DSS stepped in and demanded £13,000+ back as I couldn't get earnings and claim incapacity benefit, so I walked away with £10, 600, which bought me my Adjustomatic bed (just over £6000, as I can't sleep flat ina normal bed anymore) and paid a couple of bills and that's it all gone and me I am still unable to walk properly or do what I want....I was angry at first, but now I am happy that I was proven right, they were found to be negligent on all counts and about 2 montsh later, the home I worked in was shut down and is even now just a day care centre....sorry that was so long winded lol

Oh crikey Lily what a horrible, stressful time - and to get peanuts at the end of it all :(. I've worked in a few care homes over the years and certainly even back in the 90s anything went - most of the ones I saw were doing the drag lift still. The hospitals were much better - it was banned in all the ones I worked in, and the equipment was much better. Can't believe you got the bad luck of such an unsupportive GP and poor solicitor. Can't believe the GPs attitude - no evidence and so unfair. It's disgusting that the government claw back their pound of flesh for incapacity benefit. Good job it didn't happen under this current one - they'd probably have taken the lot. No wonder you were so poorly - all the stress of that as well as the physical pain and everything else you'd been through :bighug: xxx
It's not even that it's hard hun, it is /was my life, but I don't want to keep going over the negatives, I am happy now, yeah I have had a lot of sh*t thrown my way, but I survived it, there are a lot of people out there a lot worse off than me, admittedly I didn't always think that way, but I do now....I am happy and not only happy, but really blessed with my life...I have a wonderful family even with their faults, I have cut myself free from my past, I don't speak to my father, nor did I speak to my mother for the last 15 years of her life, and I also don't speak to 3 of my siblings and numerous nieces, nephews and cousins etc, they seem to think it's ok for me to have gone through what I did at my mother and father's hands and just say oh ok I forgive you even though you haven't made one bit of effort to even try and apologise, accept what you did or in my fathers case, get help....so as far as I am concerned if they think that way, then they must condone what they my parents did and therefore they aren't the kind of people I want or need in my life...it wasn't easy but as the saying goes, you can't choose your family.....or even better than that is.
..the bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each others lives,that is a really strong and meaningful saying for me and I live by it xxx

My friend is a lovely lady, who had a similar upbringing to me and she is wise beyond belief and as tough as old boots, but you'll never meet or make a truer friend in your life xxx
My husband, children, grandchildren and sister and brother and their offspring are my family aloing with my friends and they are all I need and want, they respect and love me and I do the same back.....the people who said that about me weren't just some any old bullies, they were my parents and of all the abuse that they inflicted upon me, the mental abuse was and still is the hardest to overcome xxx

You're amazing to have come through it all - and found the right counsellor to help you. So brave. I knew you meant your parents when you said that but didn't like giving them that title as they didn't deserve it. That lovely quote is so true.

images
xxxxxxx

Thank you hun, it was a very stressful time, but after I had calmed down I was ok with the outcome (a little peed off even now, but thankful I managed to get it to the courts and I was heard, some don't get that far), my goal initially was to prove they were negligent, I did that and they had their knuckles rapped, that was good enough for me...the money was a bonus to be honest.
I only call them my parents so that others know who I am talking about, I would never call them my Mother or Father as a rule, cos I believe they had to earn that title and they actually never achieved that ...but in all honesty I can in some way thank them, cos without what they put me through I wouldn't be as strong as I am today
Evening Lily sounds like you have had a busy day :)

Hun I have had a really busy day and have got a busy weekend ahead too...got Kelly Simon and the family here Sunday, Kirsty and Mark are back from his parents Sunday night and tomorrow we are clearing the garden and pulling down a tree/plant can't remember for the life of me what it's called, we bought it when we moved in here 15 years ago expecting it to grow about 3ft, It's in excess of 20ft tall now and now has to go to make space for our new shed, which will store most of mal's tools and fishing gear that he currently has stored in my spare room , which will now be turned into a nursery :woohoo: , so wish me luck ...gonna need it :giggle: xxxx :hug99: xxxx

Loving the positives Lily :D:D:D:D hot cross buns sound yummy :D Hope you've had a fab day my lovely twin :bighug: x

Thank you sweetie, had a lovely but tiring day, hope you're day was good too lovely :hug99: xxxx

hmmmm hot cross buns, not made them for years :D

have a lovely weekend lily xx

happy easter xxx

Never made them before, but not going to give up till I get them right lol
Hope you have a lovely weekend too sweetie :bighug: xxxx

Hey lily, I'm just laying in bed reading back over some of your diary. I don't know if you've fully explained about your parents on here but I get the idea and it makes me think of my own mum.

She was one of six girls, four are still alive and I only got back in touch with two of them just before my mum died. My grandma didn't want girls, she only wanted boys. Only one of my aunts had any love from her parents and that was the youngest who was a half sister from the second marriage but even that was twisted ( my aunt learnt from her father and went on to sexually abuse her nieces, not me I might add) my mum and aunts suffered mental, physical and sexual abuse from both parents, my grandma was the violent one. As adults, she played the sisters off against each other never allowing them to form bonds and using guilt and blackmail as a tool to get what she wanted. When my aunty trish was 15 she told he mother she couldn't cope with her step father touching her anymore. My grandma said she wasn't losing her husband over her and to put up with it or go. She married her first boyfriend at 16 and thankfully now in their fiftys they are still together.

Anyway, I'm waffling now. The point I was trying to make was that my mum broke the mould. All my aunts are/were violent with their children, only a pinch of what my grandma was capable of but still a touch of it. I have never been hit by my mother and many cousins told me they were jealous and wished aunty sue was their mum lol. Don't get me wrong if we were naughty treats were taken away like swimming lessons, a school disco, pocket money etc which was often harsher than a slap in my head lol.

My lovely mum did break down though when I was a teenager, she just didn't get out of bed for months. I now know that's when her and a couple of her sisters got together and talked frankly with the aid of a lot of vodka about their parents and childhood. She ended up in therapy but it never fully cleared it up for her. I don't think that was possible. My mum married the wrong men, my father a violent womaniser who I don't speak to and my step father a sad alcoholic who I avoid like the plague.

I'm waffling again.

My mum was the most fantastic strongest loving person ever and she was never taught how to do it do it proves like doesn't always breed like. I just wish cancer hadn't come a long ad killed her so young when she was finally happy and settled in Spain

Lily I'm sure your children if they know your history like I know my mums they will be massively proud of you and proud to say 'that's my mum' look at what she's overcome in life etc.

What a lovely post AppleKath :bighug: Lily you really are the best Mum and the best Nanna :D:D:D:D:D and of course, above all the bestest twin :D

Sounds like you have a very busy weekend planned. GOsh not made birds nests for years... mmmmm now wondering if I could do that with Charlie today especially now I don't bother with choccie :giggle: I might do that. Thing is everywhere i went yesterday had no mini eggs. :eek: none at all :( how annoying is that.

I got the mini malteeser bunnies to do cakes but was disappointed to find only 5 in a pack :eek: what a rip off :(

I am working most of today in the hopes of 3 days off. We will see.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Morning Lily, just calling in to say hi for when you do manage to get on here in your busy day....................hope the weather holds for you. My OH is making me feel guilty as he is busy in our garden and I'm sat on here, but just want to say hello in a few diaries then suppose I will have to go and do something too :(

Just spent 2 years reading your diary lol your an inspiration to many a friend to everyone noones fool and believe in yaself WOW re: weightloss hope you dont mind me popping in from time to time and pinching many of your ideas, hope todays hot x buns come out fab !!! x:bananalove:

What a lovely post AppleKath :bighug: Lily you really are the best Mum and the best Nanna :D:D:D:D:D and of course, above all the bestest twin :D

Sounds like you have a very busy weekend planned. GOsh not made birds nests for years... mmmmm now wondering if I could do that with Charlie today especially now I don't bother with choccie :giggle: I might do that. Thing is everywhere i went yesterday had no mini eggs. :eek: none at all :( how annoying is that.

I got the mini malteeser bunnies to do cakes but was disappointed to find only 5 in a pack :eek: what a rip off :(

I am working most of today in the hopes of 3 days off. We will see.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Morning my lovely twin , just a flying visit while I am supposed to be writing my shopping list :giggle:
The post from Kath was lovely and very poignant, a bit of de ja vu, but always helpful to know I am not alone as growing up I believed I was the only one suffering and I will answer Kath seperately I really don't want to just push it to one side.
Anyways, it's a nightmare finding anything out there, so I have decided to make the birds nests with the ankle biters and instead of mini eggs (which I managed to get a few bags of a couple of weeks ago and have put aside for the easter egg hunt tomorrow), I will be using jelly beans ...a lot easier to find in the shops right now lol
Sounds like a good plan, but don't work too hard hunni as I said on your Diary ...all work and no play makes Jackie a dull girl :giggle:
Have a lovely Saturday my gorgeous twin :hug99: xxxxx

Morning Lily, just calling in to say hi for when you do manage to get on here in your busy day....................hope the weather holds for you. My OH is making me feel guilty as he is busy in our garden and I'm sat on here, but just want to say hello in a few diaries then suppose I will have to go and do something too :(

Hey Dawnie, weather loks pants, very overcast and soooo cold, but fingers crossed it brightens a bit later....don't you dare feel guilty, you're entitled to a break, you work hard enough my lovely...have a lovely day sweetie and :fingerscrossed: the weather holds for you :bighug: xxxx
Just spent 2 years reading your diary lol your an inspiration to many a friend to everyone noones fool and believe in yaself WOW re: weightloss hope you dont mind me popping in from time to time and pinching many of your ideas, hope todays hot x buns come out fab !!! x:bananalove:

Hello Kaz and :welcome2: to my diary ...:giggle: I don't doubt it would have taken 2 years to catch up with my drivel lol...wish there were an Olympic event for rambling, I'm sure I'd win ....my motto is why use 1 word when you can use a 100 to explain it :8855:
Thank you so much sweetie for your very lovely words.
You can pop in any time you like lovely my door is always open to friends and by all means pinch as many ideas as you like, that's why I post them.
We have decided not to redo the hot x buns, we don't need them and to be honest the birds nests are much nicer and probably not mnay more syns in the long run lol
Have a lovely Saturday and may the sun shine down on you all day :hug99: xxxx

Hey lily, I'm just laying in bed reading back over some of your diary. I don't know if you've fully explained about your parents on here but I get the idea and it makes me think of my own mum.

She was one of six girls, four are still alive and I only got back in touch with two of them just before my mum died. My grandma didn't want girls, she only wanted boys. Only one of my aunts had any love from her parents and that was the youngest who was a half sister from the second marriage but even that was twisted ( my aunt learnt from her father and went on to sexually abuse her nieces, not me I might add) my mum and aunts suffered mental, physical and sexual abuse from both parents, my grandma was the violent one. As adults, she played the sisters off against each other never allowing them to form bonds and using guilt and blackmail as a tool to get what she wanted. When my aunty trish was 15 she told he mother she couldn't cope with her step father touching her anymore. My grandma said she wasn't losing her husband over her and to put up with it or go. She married her first boyfriend at 16 and thankfully now in their fiftys they are still together.

Anyway, I'm waffling now. The point I was trying to make was that my mum broke the mould. All my aunts are/were violent with their children, only a pinch of what my grandma was capable of but still a touch of it. I have never been hit by my mother and many cousins told me they were jealous and wished aunty sue was their mum lol. Don't get me wrong if we were naughty treats were taken away like swimming lessons, a school disco, pocket money etc which was often harsher than a slap in my head lol.

My lovely mum did break down though when I was a teenager, she just didn't get out of bed for months. I now know that's when her and a couple of her sisters got together and talked frankly with the aid of a lot of vodka about their parents and childhood. She ended up in therapy but it never fully cleared it up for her. I don't think that was possible. My mum married the wrong men, my father a violent womaniser who I don't speak to and my step father a sad alcoholic who I avoid like the plague.

I'm waffling again.

My mum was the most fantastic strongest loving person ever and she was never taught how to do it do it proves like doesn't always breed like. I just wish cancer hadn't come a long ad killed her so young when she was finally happy and settled in Spain

Lily I'm sure your children if they know your history like I know my mums they will be massively proud of you and proud to say 'that's my mum' look at what she's overcome in life etc.

Hello Kath and thank you so much for posting this on my diary, it must still be painful for you, but it does help to know that I'm not alone....I am sure you're Mum felt the same, although I grew up with 6 siblings and knew they were going through much the same as me, because we weren't allowed to form bonds, it felt very much like I was totally alone, we have discussed this and have realised that the reason for that would have been that as a group we may have overpowered them and actually stood up to them, but as individuals they were capable of keeping us frightened and secluded with their tyranny.
I have never fully posted anything about my childhood on here, other than a few pointers I suppose until the last few days i haven't really said much at all.
But like your Mum and aunts, I was physically, mentally, verbally and sexually abused for many years. Hard to think or to explain how it was for that long, but in brief, that was because we were conditioned from birth almost to be not just scared but truly terrified of our parents.....1 example of that is ....I was about 3 and it was about 3am (most paedophiles favourite time of the day, I have read thousands of study cases and that is the most common time) when I was dragged out of bed by my Mother and held in front of her, while my father brandished an axe and was shouting " Don't you dare hold that in front of you as I will chop through it to get to you" ( that and it were referring to me), and then I would watch while he beat her to a pulp and would see her physically lifted off the floor in front of my eyes, now you'd think maybe she would want to protect us after all she went through, but no she did everything in her power to rile him and he would then beat us for it, things like ...she was a chocoholic (this is why I'm not a chocoholic and why I have an aversion to it) and would keep a massive draw full of chocolate bars that she ate all night long, now we as children weren't allowed to touch them, but being kids we would from time to time help ourselves to a bar...next thing we know, we are all woken again at 3am and made to line up at the top of the stairs. We then have to come downstairs 1 at a time and into the living room, he is sitting on a stool that makes him eye to eye with us and he has a belt with a massive buckle which he is slapping across the palm of his hands and he makes us stand and says " Did you steal that bar of chocolate?" "No Daddy, I swear I didn't" "Are you sure, cos if I find out you did, you'll get so much more than just 6 of these across your arse" "No Daddy, I swear I didn't" (even if you did you didn't admit to it) and he would go on and on like that for about 15 mins and then would say ok go to bed and send the next one down, but if I find out it was you, you'll pay for it..all the time slapping the belt across his palm....anyway you would pray you weren't the last one out of bed and last in line, cos he would do the same to all of us till the last one...if you were last you'd get the same grilling, but at the end instead of being sent back to bed, he would then take you to the sideboard, pull your nightie up or pants down and with the buckle end would hit you across the arse as hard as he could and until it bled...he would then walk you over to the armchair, apologise say he knew it wasn't you but someone had to pay and then give you a choclate bar and make you eat it. We didn't click until years later, but how the hell did he know about the missing bar unless she told him...all the time we were being put through that, she was fast asleep in bed too.
Then when I reached 7 all the physical, mental and verbal abuse, went on to the next level and that was when he first sexually abused me...luckily enough I was able over the years, to switch off and think of it just being him touching my shell and that he couldn't actually get to the real me through the sexual abuse...I won't go into any details except to say it was horrendous, he was a sexual deviant and had a strong sexual appaetite, he eventually before I got away from him ...was raping me up to 3 times a day and anything up to 6 times a week.
My mother walked in on him when I was 12 and I remember thinking, thank you god...I really believed she would save me, but instead from that day until the day she died, she blamed me for enticing him...even if that were the case...I was 7 when he started it and only 12 when she walked in, a mear child...even years later when I was in counselling in my mid 30's, my SIL picked her up in the car and they were talking about it (I had just opened up to my family about it through the counselling, although we all knew about it, we'd never discussed it till then) and even then she told my SIL I had encouraged him, my SIL bless her, stopped the car and threw her out and never spoke to her again. The hardest time for me was when my brother committed suicide over it and even that night and again on the night of his funeral, my father raped me ...telling me my brother was a waste of space and he was glad he'd done it...this was the thing (I won't and can't call him a man) that carried my brothers coffin and cried his crocodile tears, just a few hours earlier.
That is just a brief outline of my life and the abuse....all these years later, while I have scars from the beatings and many cigarettes that were stubbed out on my body and little dents in my legs where he kicked me in his winkle pickers and even possibly my back condition, I can honestly say none of that, not even the sexual abuse, compares to the mental scars that he left me with, I will never recover from them and even now I will cry at a memory of something he said, I can still be quite illogical until I have it pointed out that what he said was a load of b****x and that I'm not one bit like he said I was and believe me I have been called everything and told I would have nothing, amount to nothing, be nothing . I have dealt with most of my demons but as I sit here, I have to say if I could say that I was 100% cured of what he did I would be lying, you can never fully recover from that and I will not let anyone tell me I can't talk about my past, just because it wasn't happy like others have been, doesn't mean it's something to be hidden, it happened to me good or bad, talking about it helps me rid myself of the demons...although these days I think most are gone and I rarely talk about it anymore...I may make the odd referral to my "previous" life just as you all do to yours, but that's it....
When I was 17 I met and started dating Mal, who was 30 at the time, people told me he was as bad as my Dad a cradle snatcher etc, or that I was only with him because I needed a father figure...none of that was true...Mal has always had a lower mental age than me lol...I had to grow up very quickly, obviously...we were together for 4 years and then split when I was pregnant with Kelly, mainly due to the fact that while I had been abused at that time I wasn't able to open up about it, plus my "father" was still hounding us everywhere we went, everytime we turned around he was there....Mal knew something had gone on but I just couldn't talk about it, he decided that he couldn't be with me if I didn't trust him so we split, we were apart for 7 years, then another long story (very much like a fairy tale), we met up again and eventually got back together and have been together since (June 1979 we split, we got back together in May 1986), I eventually told him the whole story, even the nitty gritty bits as I called them, but couldn't look at him and remember sitting on the bed with my back to him, crying my eyes out...thankfully after I had finished he just hugged me and told me he loved me no matter what.
We have our ups and downs, but he was/is and always will be my knight in shining armour, not once has he ever brought it up or thrown it in my face even through all the rough years that I put him through the mill while I tested his love, he stayed strong and rode the storm and her we are 26 years on.....so that really is my life in a nutshell..as much as I may have rambled believe me, I haven't even touched the tip of this particular iceberg....all I will say is that in 1996, when I finally finished my counselling, I had an overpowering urge to go to see him and my "mother" to tell them what i thought of them, so I did. My mother was away on holiday and he answered the door and invited me in...now prior to this I had sent him 2 letters telling him what I thought of him and I knew he would keep them and read them constantly, that's why I sent them lol and I bet he still does now lol good !!!....We walked into the front living room which he was using as bedroom and he walked around the tabel asking me what I wanted, I told him i'd come to see him to tell him what I thought of him, he immediately patted his pocket and said i think you said it all in these :giggle: bullseye....anyway with that he lifted his fist to hit me (I was 38 !!) I said go on then and let's see how quickly I can get the police down here, with that he started pushing me out of the room and towards the front door. Now 5 weeks earlier he'd had a heart bypass op (my brother sister and I phoned the hospital and we had the nurses in stitches, we asked about him and then asked them if they'd actually found a heart at all as were convinced he didn't have one, they asked who we were, we replied that we were his ex children :8855:), he then pulled open his shirt started to cry and said I have just had a heart operation and I need another one, I hope to god i die...I replied with you're not the only one who hopes you die, he then spat in my face so i laughed....I walked out of the house, now he lives on a very busy main road and there is a massive estate opposite and his house is right in the middle of 2 bus stops, it was the 19th july, boiling hot, the kids had just broken up from school, there were people everywhere including his neighbours...he is creaming at me to f*ck off, you're nothing but a wh*re, sl*t, tramp, you name it....so everybody stops dead and they are staring at us, about 60 people....so I stop, let him finish and then very calmly, but loud enough to let everyone hear, I said " No I'm not a wh*re, sl*t, tramp or any of the other things you want to call me, but you are trash, after all I didn't RAPE YOU for all those years did I ..........DADDY!!" he turned and ran back inside as quick as he could lol, and with that I walked away, my legs were like jelly, but I had finally exorcised him, now tell me that that doesn't sound like a fairy story....but I swear every single word is 100% the truth...and that was my life...but it's not my life now, thank you god!!!

Sorry I rambled folks, but I really did do the best I could do to condense it lol xxxx:hug99: xxxx

Last edited:
Oh I forgot to say....My children and grandchildren all know about my life ...well the older ones do, none of them know the gory details, they don't need to, we did have a few issues over it as prior to my counselling I was an angry person, I have sat down with my girls, apologised, talked through everything with them and discussed everything from how they feel to what they think about it, me, my parents, my siblings and especially the ones I no longer am in contact with and I have never ever stopped them from seeing or having contact with that side of the family, but they have chosen not too.....I explained my life to my children and grandchildren because I felt that they could only really understand me if they knew where I came from ....and as i said earlier just because it was bad, it was still my past and I will talk about it :hug99: xxxxxxxx

Lily. I'm just off out to meet my aunt who is down from Yorkshire. I have to bite my lip with her as she is the only sister that sees her step father, mum and father died years ago. I will message you or reply properly later.

What you've just posted could be from my own mums hands.

Suffice to say I don't know if you would call it a morbid fascination or what but I devour books on this kind of thing like the David peltzer ones. Currently reading dont ever tell about an abused child in Ireland sent to the magdalene laundries.

I'm sure there are minis on here that sadly can relate far too much to what we have posted today.

I'm grateful that I was 99% protected from both my filthy grandfathers and wicked grandma. Sadly some of my cousins weren't. I'm glad aunty sue was my mum. Not my aunty or I wouldn't be so lucky.

Lots of love to you. Now I have to dry my eyes and go and meet my misguided aunty xx

Lily. I'm just off out to meet my aunt who is down from Yorkshire. I have to bite my lip with her as she is the only sister that sees her step father, mum and father died years ago. I will message you or reply properly later.

What you've just posted could be from my own mums hands.

Suffice to say I don't know if you would call it a morbid fascination or what but I devour books on this kind of thing like the David peltzer ones. Currently reading dont ever tell about an abused child in Ireland sent to the magdalene laundries.

I'm sure there are minis on here that sadly can relate far too much to what we have posted today.

I'm grateful that I was 99% protected from both my filthy grandfathers and wicked grandma. Sadly some of my cousins weren't. I'm glad aunty sue was my mum. Not my aunty or I wouldn't be so lucky.

Lots of love to you. Now I have to dry my eyes and go and meet my misguided aunty xx

Hey lovely, enjoy your day with you Aunt.
I guess I would kind of call it a morbid fascination, but it's one I have too, I also devour everything I can possibly find to read on the subject....Mal has just made me get rid of a load of books, but I've managed to hold onto a few lol....the synopsis you have briefly written sounds very familiar...not sure about the title, I would have to look the book up to see if I'd read it (I must have read over 1000 books on the subject over the years). Dave Peltzer and his brother's books are the one's that started me off on my journey of reading about abuse.....up till then I enjoyed Stephen King, Dean Koontz, Virgina andrews and hundreds of other authors, I have been a reader all my life, devouring the written word ...I think it started as a form of escapism...but now when I try to read anything other than real life or biographies, I just seem to lose interest, nothing is as compelling as real life.
I know there are millions out there, sadly, that have a similar story to mine, some that sound worse, some that sound not as bad, but I am of the belief that abuse is abuse, no matter what form, how often or how perverse, it's still abuse and it affects most of us the same way, ...for instance, out of all my siblings and I, I was the only one sexually abused, but that doesn't mean that I suffered more than them, and we all have the same mental scars at the end of the day...I was told by a friend who just stopped me in the street when I was 26 that she knew I had been abused, I denied it of course, i wasn't ready at that point to talk about it, but she insisted till I caved in and then said that the reason she knew was cos she had been and that she recognised the way I acted as we were growing up and then she said and you will find that you will be pulled towards people that have had similar experiences as you, you won't know why but it will be there and you will recognise it in each other...well I can honestly say that 95% of the people I know and have befriended over the years are people that have been abused in one way or another and I can recognise it in someone, not necessarily from what they say, but from how they act and the things they do, cos it's often like looking in a mirror.
My girls were protected from it as children as adults they were given the choice to make their own decisions, they thankfully chose wisely,

Oh before I forget, I will send you a PM with a list of the books I have, if there are any there (I still have the box waiting to go to the charity shop) that you'd like, let me know and I will send them to you .

Have a lovely day sweetie :hug99: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh my golly gosh
Lily
You never really know what goes on behind closed doors do you
my heart just bleeds for you and not only for you because it still goes on doesn't it huni
Why oh why do these types of sexual devotes have children ..a child is a blessing and should be treated as such
Instead of being treated like a commodity to rape and abuse I never understand the reasoning behind why then why the abused child would grow up and repeat the abuse on their own child so the cycle goes on etc

Lovely Lily you are so strong and so to be admired lovely lady for breaking this cycle and bringing up your lovely family and showing the world that an abused person can move on and not repeat the cycle I really wished there was more lovely ladies like you around....

Anyway ...
Happy Easter to You
And that lovely family of yours x

Oh my golly gosh
Lily
You never really know what goes on behind closed doors do you
my heart just bleeds for you and not only for you because it still goes on doesn't it huni
Why oh why do these types of sexual devotes have children ..a child is a blessing and should be treated as such
Instead of being treated like a commodity to rape and abuse I never understand the reasoning behind why then why the abused child would grow up and repeat the abuse on their own child so the cycle goes on etc

Lovely Lily you are so strong and so to be admired lovely lady for breaking this cycle and bringing up your lovely family and showing the world that an abused person can move on and not repeat the cycle I really wished there was more lovely ladies like you around....

Anyway ...
Happy Easter to You
And that lovely family of yours x

Hello sweetie, please don't let your heart bleed for me, I am a much stronger person than that child was, my heart bleeds for the young girl who never got to be a child......but she is gone now, laid to rest, and this is me now, strong even with my little blips and melt downs.
I have asked that time and again hun especially with my own parents, 10 pregnancies she had, 2 she aborted herself, one she lost at just 2 days old after my father pushed her downstairs and then us 7 that remained.
Even though I don't talk to 3 of my siblings and one of my brothers committed suicide, I can still say we are all relatively decent people, I understand them wanting to put it behind them and continue to have a relationship with their parents, I used to want that too, the happy ending syndrome I call it....but I moved on from wanting the fairytale a long time ago and am much happier not having them in my life.
Once after my father had beaten me to a pulp and I had picked up a poker and hit him over the head with it to get him to stop, I asked him why he did what he did to me and my siblings...his answer was that his mother had done it to him (now that was a weird relationship, she always kissed him full on the lips and said i wish you weren't my son cos I would marry you ...ewwww), everything including the sexual abuse, so i asked why he continued doing what she'd done, he said why not ...I also found out many years later that he had also sexually abused his younger sister, she was 11 years his junior, so he was one of those that carried it on.
I on the other hand literally said out loud, it stops here and it has.

Thank youy lovely, Happy Easter to you too and I hope you have a lovely timne with your Dad and family :hug99: xxxx

Afternoon Lily, have escaped the garden and OH has gone to the dump to get rid of the rubbish so have found myself back on minis..........what a surprise :giggle:

Lily I don't know what to say to you after reading your posts but also don't want to ignore them as that, for me anyway, wouldn't be right. I had a wonderful childhood and thought that everyone else had too, but it wasn't til I had grown that I realised that I was indeed one of the lucky ones. Our house was filled with love and laughter. Every time I spoke to my mum until the day she died she told me she loved me, my dad on the other hand never said it, tho I knew he did and does from the fact of the way he is around us (my brother and sister). This inability to express his love comes from his own childhood where he and his siblings were beaten, tho never sexually abused and he like you, said that his home would be different. My grandfather was an alcoholic with a temper and used to beat my grandmother too, when my dad stood up to him when he was an adult, but still living at home, my grandfather denounced my dad and was deliberately left out of his will.

I know that doesn't compare in anyway to what you suffered at the hands of the 2 ppl who are responsible for your being and I know also I can never relate to it, but what I do know is that you are a very warm, caring, giving person who has gained strength from where you have been and your past has created the person you are today. Thank goodness you met a warm and caring man who truly loves you for who you are xx

Afternoon Lily, have escaped the garden and OH has gone to the dump to get rid of the rubbish so have found myself back on minis..........what a surprise :giggle:

Lily I don't know what to say to you after reading your posts but also don't want to ignore them as that, for me anyway, wouldn't be right. I had a wonderful childhood and thought that everyone else had too, but it wasn't til I had grown that I realised that I was indeed one of the lucky ones. Our house was filled with love and laughter. Every time I spoke to my mum until the day she died she told me she loved me, my dad on the other hand never said it, tho I knew he did and does from the fact of the way he is around us (my brother and sister). This inability to express his love comes from his own childhood where he and his siblings were beaten, tho never sexually abused and he like you, said that his home would be different. My grandfather was an alcoholic with a temper and used to beat my grandmother too, when my dad stood up to him when he was an adult, but still living at home, my grandfather denounced my dad and was deliberately left out of his will.

I know that doesn't compare in anyway to what you suffered at the hands of the 2 ppl who are responsible for your being and I know also I can never relate to it, but what I do know is that you are a very warm, caring, giving person who has gained strength from where you have been and your past has created the person you are today. Thank goodness you met a warm and caring man who truly loves you for who you are xx

Hello Dawn, I too tell my kids and grandkids everyday that I love them.
What you Dad went through does totally compare to what I went through, abuse to me, is not all about what happened to you, but how it makes you feel and what you suffer, mentally and psychologically from it... the fact that he is able to make you feel loved even if he can't express it, is amazing.
I have tried all my life to make my home a happy, laughter filled one, we have our moments, but over all we are a very happy loving family and now my daughter is with her children too, she does shout but they do laugh they call her Don Kellioni, says she's like a mafia don at times, but they all adore her and she adores them and it makes me so proud that I helped make that possible for her...I did good and you should be proud of your Dad too, cos he did good too.
Thank you for the lovely comments they mean so much to me, really they do.
My life wasn't all about unhappiness either, I had 2 wonderful step grandparents, one on each side that made me feel really loved.
Finally Mal, he is and always has been my knight in shininbg armour, we've had good times and bad but he's always stood by me and now he's a grumpy old git, but you know what he's my grumpy old git and I don't know what I did to deserve him, but whatever it was i intend to keep doing it lol

Now remind me I said that about Mal next time he pees me off :giggle:

Have a lovely easter Dawnie, hope you and your family have a great time and no choccie right :8855: :hug99: xxxxx

Back