Sick of carrying 2 hitchikers, Part 2....1 down 1 to go !!!!!!!

I deffo do more pottering about at night just tidying up and the like but being nocturnal sucks when you have hospital appointments and social events in daytime hours when you are zombiefied. :D

Do you play cards last night or are you still recuperating?

Hey PP, I have spent the majority of my life awake at night, when I was a child my father used to get us up in the night every time he wanted to punish us, then when he started abusing me that was 3 am and I knew it was coming so spent many hours awake listening for his creaking knees, then I worked nights and then when I lost the job I was unable to sleep at nights as my back was so bad and it's just a way of life now ..in fact on the odd occasions when I do sleep a good few hours more, I actually feel worse for it lol
I am with you, I can get much more done when I am alone at night and I agree I hate having to get up early for those hospital appointments, I am lucky though where they are concerned, where I have been going for the same appointments for years now I usually get an appt for about 11-11.30 its usually only new appts which are the early ones, I even fasted for my blood test until 1.30pm lol It was a 12 hour fast so I made sure I had my supper at 11pm lol
No, no cards this week, I was invited to a seance/ouija board night with a psychic lady my daughter knows, it was a great night, lots of activity and a great bunch of girls, we didn't leave the ladies house till 2.30 in the morning...Mal was waiting for me at Kelly's we left at 7pm told him I'd be a couple of hours lol
Definitely going to go again, I love all that kind of thing and she is very accurate with her readings but this was first time they'd had a ouija board/seance session...I was a bit skeptical, thought someone might push it about so I was keeping a close eye on it, but I swear no body was pushing the pointer, they were barely even touching it, myself included and it was very active.
I am shattered have been exceptionally busy today, just got 1 more load of washing to do and I am then going to have a bath and try and hit the hay see if I can get an early night.

Hope you are keeping well lovely, speak to you soon xxx:hug99:xxx

Last edited:
Your night out sounds fab and fascinating. :D

Morning PP, my night out was amazing, I had 2 messages, one from my brother and one from my granddad, both with information only I would have known about, even Kelly was dumbfounded, for instance when talking to/with my granddad, he stated he was with his first wife, Eva and their 2 children James and Charlotte, I never knew both his childrens names but I did know his first wife was called Eva, when I got home I contacted my relative that has all the family details and has traced the family tree and she confirmed that the children were indeed James and Charlotte....now I say his first wife, I should have actually said his only wife, because although My Granddad and Eva separated, they never divorced and he was never married to my Grandmother. I have always believed that Eva was the love of his life, but after the death of his 2 children at very young ages, I believe James was about 5 and Charlotte not much older, he left Whitley Bay in Tyneside and moved to London, the story I heard was that on the day of his daughters funeral (his son had died a few years prior to that), he walked out of the wake and never returned, moving to London, where he met with and cohabited with my Grandmother, who was from a very grand house but who's parents disowned her after she got with my grandfather, only reconnecting with her when they (her parents) were dying and she nursed them until their dying days.
My Grandfather died at the age of 78 in 1970 after an accident at work when he was in his 50's left him completely paralysed down his right hand side.
I am pleased he is with Eva again and of course his other children, but he also said he was with my brother and Kelly's son Daniel, who she lost about 13 years ago. I had to ask if he were with my father and mother (I actually asked if my father and mother were in hell, but Sally the psychic lady said they would have no concept of what Hell were so I had to rephrase it lol) but he said they were elsewhere (I presume that means hell, well I'm hoping anyway :woohoo: lol).
So yes a really fascinating evening, the funny thing is just prior to both my connection with my brother and my granddad, I got really bad pins and needles in the fingers I was using to touch the pointer and with my brother I had an icy cold feeling down my right hand side, the house was absolutely boiling with no signs of any drafts and when my granddad came through I actually felt someone standing behind me, I turned to look (at that point I wasn't touching the pointer as there were 7 of us and it was tiny, when Sally's daughter removed her finger I put mine back on and immediately my grandfather came through, Sally described my brother to a tee and from what I remember of my granddad (I was only 11 when he died) she was very accurate about him too, unfortunately I don't have any photos of my grandfather as my father burned most of our photos when he was having his rages, I managed to salvage a couple of my brother and myself, a few of Kelly but that was it .
Kelly showed Sally 2 pictures of my brother, she (Sally) even described what he was wearing, the first picture was of my brother not long before he died and he was clean shaven, she described him as having a beard and dressed very 70's with flares and a tank top, that is one of the other pictures I have of him and when I showed her she said yes that's him he's always here with Kelly (even telling me she felt that he and Kelly were very alike in their temperament, I have always said she (Kelly)was a carbon copy of him) and that he was at the point standing beside me holding my hand ...hence the pins and needles and coldness....I can't wait to go again she's even doing a special night for me for my birthday...exciting !!
They do ghost hunts too, but because of my feet and back, I so far have not been able to go to one of these, but I am not giving up hoping lol
Anyways lovely enough blabbing, I must get on, lots to do, going to start stripping walls today, Harry has given us a head start on the landing so that's where we'll begin :giggle:
TTFN hun xxx:hug99:xxx

Last edited:
Lol PP, Harry is a nightmare , he was a massive help initially with stripping the walls and Mal and I have been really cracking on, we had a day off but after 10 hours of Harry yesterday I feel like I need a weeks holiday, to say I was praying for Kirsty and Mark to get home (and would you believe they both ended up working late, Kirsty till 6.30 and Mark till 7pm), he was non stop all day and in a really naughty mood, throwing everything everywhere and generally being a little bugger
:angeldevil: :devilangel:
but I got 2 big sloppy kisses before bedtime so I guess that makes up for it lol

Anyways I must crack on, this decotrating won't complete itself, hope you're keeping well ttfn xxx:hug99:xxx​

Hey PP, am having our annual easter egg hunt sunday morning and then to Kelly's for dinner and then back home for more decorating lol
Told Mal I don't care how long it takes to do this, I want ti done properly this time and have decided to do all the walls the same colour and add colur with whatever we decide in decoration after , am quite looking forward to the finished effect although I fear it may take a year or so to do at this rate lol xx
How about you, are you doing anything for Easter xx

Happy Easter lily xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hello lovelies. it's the accident prone one here ....oh and it looks like Harry takes after me, woke up on Monday morning and my right hand thumb kept clicking and was really painful, just thought I had slept on it awkwardly, but today it was hurting so bad I decided to go see my doctor and seems I have dislocated it, god knows how ...I must have been thrashing about in my sleep, Mal says I sometimes do and I also scream a lot too, well, I had to go hospital to have it put back, doc wasn't too happy about trying to do it lol bless her and now I have to see a physio as it's still clicking quite badly, and to top it all off very nicely I also have a kidney infection, every year for the past god knows how many years I get 1 really bad one lasts about 2 weeks , so my Easter was going really well until Tuesday, I went to group and managed to lose 4lb, god knows how, got home and was just walking up the garden path when Mark rang me, didn't answer as I was just about to walk in the door, Harry had been climbing on my kitchen chairs and fallen face first onto the floor, luckily he had a dummy in his mouth that kind of cushioned his fall, but there was so much blood, anyways we cleaned him up and calmed him down, had a brief look and but it was pouring with blood so much we just couldn't see. So Kirsty and Mark took him to A&E and he had badly torn the frenulum labii superioris,which is the piece of skin that attaches your gums at the top to your lips, they suggested that Kirsty take him to her dentist this morning, thankfully one of the girls at our SW group is a dental nurse at the practice Kirsty goes to so we contacted her last night and she got him in for an emergency appointment this morning. At the moment his gums are so badly bruised and swollen that they aren't prepared to do anything, they have asked Kirsty to bring him back in 2 weeks time, but they think he may have pushed his top front teeth up into his gums, if he has they will have to operate and remove them they said, fingers crossed. Weird thing is that Mark his dad did exactly the same thing when he was Harry's age and had to have the same operation they are talking about.
He was very clingy last night and a bit today, woke 5 times in the night screaming bless him, but was back to his happy smiley self today, kids are so resilient aren't they! Where he has bruised the gums they are black and look absolutely awful, but as I said it could have been worse had he not had his dummy in his mouth, I usually moan about his dummy, I hate them as a rule, neither of my girls had them, but this time it turned out to be a life saver.
Anyways I am hoping to still be around even with my dodgy thumb lol and Kidney infection but I am also going to rest up and take care of myself too.
Hope you all had a lovely Easter, thank you all for your lovely wishes and I will speak to you all soon. TTFN xxxx:hug99:xxxx

Harry has had the week from hell, he had the accident on Tuesday where he fell off the chair and smacked his mouth, Thursday he managed to climb on the same chair and pull a hot cup of tea all over him, thankfully it wasn't boiling hot so only lightly coloured his skin, which cleared up nicely within an hour with some cold water followed by germolene. Tuesday night he also broke out in the dreaded heavy cold Mark has and last night screamed the house down trying to get his breath and is currently in Watford General Hospital, since 5am this morning , where he is being treated with predonosol, his inhaler and the nebuliser, they are keeping there until he can go 4 hours without needing his inhaler, I think he'll be there over night, he was very very poorly this morning. He's supposed to be having an allergy test on Monday as every so often he breaks out in welts all over his body and face, I can't see him making that appointment to be honest and still the little man manages a big smile and in between the doses on the nebuliser and his inhaler he is happily watching toy story, his favourite film bless him.
Take care everyone, I am going to get a couple of hours sleep been up all night so need to catch a few zzzz's
TTFN xxx:hug99:xxx

I have a suggestion for you and yours. Bubble wrap head to toe with only breathing spaces and the requisite flaps. :D

Just been having a catch up after a few really yucky days. What are you all like? Hope your thumb is on the mend and the kidney infection is on it's way out too.

How is the wee fellow doing?? Sounds so rough in the wee mite. Hope he's much better.

If you made it to WI tonight I hope you got a good result. :D:D:D And well done on last weeks loss. :D

Hello Lovelies, thank you for the lovely kind messages, Harry has his appointment at the dentist tomorrow morning about 10.30 I believe, fingers crossed, he has banged his mouth a few times since, sods law eh? but seems fine. He is chattering away like nobody's business these days, can't believe he's nearly 17 months and wee gorgeous fella too I might add, even if I am biased lol
As for me, well the thumb is very painful still, not able to bend it at all. Think I may have done too much on the decorating front too, my shoulder which seemed to be feeling better now feels like it did when I first had the accident back in January, thought that moving it might make it heal faster, seems now lol
All is good here, waiting for a whole list of appointments, almost fully booked till the end of June at the mo and I'm not kidding either :eek: but hopefully they will start sorting me out ...been falling apart for way too long now.
Got wi tomorrow, had a small gain last week but I am pretty sure I have done well this week even though it was Kirsty's birthday, I didn't even have cake I managed to stay completely away from it and had a few crisps instead.
Well I am off to my bed got loads to do before wi tomorrow night and I need some sleep to be bright and alert lol
Take care all ttfn xxx:hug99:xxx

Back