Side effects..

I hesitate to call tangoing a side effect of Xen. It's not IMO.. it's the function of them, just as the function of paracetamol is to get rid of pain.

joclairey said:
I hesitate to call tangoing a side effect of Xen. It's not IMO.. it's the function of them, just as the function of paracetamol is to get rid of pain.

Well said!

I am still wondering if mine are working.. Not sure I want to test my croissant issue with it.. I ate 3 choc croissants 1st day having xenical and paid for it big time!!!!!! have not eaten croissants Since... going on 7 mths now..

I'm glad you know what i mean :) I've seen many posts saying Mr T is a side effect. It's not, a side effect would be rashes or headache or another thing that is not meant to happen xx

it is classesd as a side effect on their profile medication leaflets ,i have copied it below

SIDE EFFECTS: The most common side effects of orlistat are oily spotting on underwear, flatulence, urgent bowel movements, fatty or oily stools, increased number of bowel movements, abdominal pain or discomfort, and inability to control stool (incontinence). Between 1 in 250 and 1 in 70 patients experienced one or more of these symptoms in the first year. Generally, the side effects occurred within three months of starting therapy. In about 50% of patients, the side effects resolved within one to four weeks, but the effects in some patients lasted six months or longer. To reduce the occurrence of these side effects, meals should contain no more than 30% fat because it is the unabsorbed fat that causes most of the symptoms. alli causes fewer side effects because it contains half the dose of prescription-strength orlistat. Patients receiving orlistat with a history of oxalate kidney stones may develop increased levels of oxalate in their urine, which may increase the risk of kidney stones.

If that is a side effect, what is the medication actually FOR? It's function is to rid your body of excess waste through stools, so if it is doing that, then how is that a side effect?

If that is a side effect, what is the medication actually FOR? It's function is to rid your body of excess waste through stools, so if it is doing that, then how is that a side effect?

If your taking it strictly as prescribed, it blocks fat, but there should not really be enough to give you excessively oily stools etc. Eating close to or over the recommended fat intake, results in more fat being blocked, and therefore oily stools etc. Yes, either way the excess fat leaves your body through your bowels, but lower fat should not result in more excessive Mr T. At the right dose and level of fat intake, you shouldn't really experience the oil etc, so maybe they call it a side effect. However, for me its the threat of this that keeps me on the straight and narrow. I guess this increased willpower is a 'side effect' too, and its not the 'function' of the medication.

After all that...does it really matter anyway, as long as we're losing?

Completely agree!

I'm grateful I never had the tango effect but then I was almost obsessive & don't eat more than 25g fat a day & most days I was around 17g. The fear of it be it a side effect or what it's supposed to do was enough to stop me risking anything above the rules....

whatever. i personally have found it has helped me stay mostly on the straight and narrow. and as i have nearly lost 1lb short of 2 stone. so i shall continue with taking them assuming i can hold of some more lol

Mis-behave said:
Wonder if the problem with the xenical was that the stuff we are currently using doesn't work properly.. Any one had any 'Tango' problems recently.. Or expected to have issues and didn't.. From what I ate yesterday I expect to have problems tonight/ tomorrow.. Or at least see orange in the loo..

I just phoned the uk supplier to say that I think the last 2 boxes of xenical I have been taking are not working.. I have one box left.. I had got the last 3 boxes from a pharmacy near me.. Which are the ones I've been using recently exp date 2014 going to phone again on Monday.. Bc by then I will def know that the rubbish I've eaten should have had time to cause me "Issues" lol

Also normally I have a very small bit of pro-lapse due to previous constipation during my past pregnancies etc.. (way tmi) and the xenical seems to keep my rectum um.. Oiled not so dry so I don't irritate my prolapse and end up with small bleeds from wiping with loo paper.. Recently I have noticed my rectum is not so um.. Oiled.. And it damn well should be with what I've eaten!!! Waaaay TMI :(

Have to phone again on Monday.. By then will def know if the box I have is fake of not!

I just phoned the uk supplier to say that I think the last 2 boxes of xenical I have been taking are not working.. I have one box left.. I had got the last 3 boxes from a pharmacy near me.. Which are the ones I've been using recently exp date 2014 going to phone again on Monday.. Bc by then I will def know that the rubbish I've eaten should have had time to cause me "Issues" lol

Also normally I have a very small bit of pro-lapse due to previous constipation during my past pregnancies etc.. (way tmi) and the xenical seems to keep my rectum um.. Oiled not so dry so I don't irritate my prolapse and end up with small bleeds from wiping with loo paper.. Recently I have noticed my rectum is not so um.. Oiled.. And it damn well should be with what I've eaten!!! Waaaay TMI :(

what happened when you phoned the manufactorer? have you spoken to your chemist about your worries they are not working?

Will phone them again on Monday, spoke to security and they emailed a message to correct dept..

I really think the ones I have - I stress the ones I have - are not working - no side effects and have eaten really fatty stuff yesterday like a full fat cheesy pizza.. At the mo my metabolism is if I eat at dinner one night its um.. Out the next night.. I get a rumbly tummy but that's it!!

where as few mths ago if I ate too much butter on my toast I would see orange in the loo.. Now just nothing!! I think it is the 3 boxes I got from a small chemist rather than boots like i normally do..

A further test I did today was eat something I know would give me side effects in a BIG way.. As I had a horrid!! Experience when I 1st started ., will find out in the morning., only ate as a experiment.. So tomorrow I will find out...

I do not suggest that any one else break their eating plan to try this.. I fell off the wagon big and proper last week!! I am climbing back on tomorrow!!! I can't let stress of my shoulder issues pull me down and wreak my mojo!!!!!!! Did loads thinking today..

How long an have you been on them? I also wonder whether it's possible to get used to the tablets as well x

I agree lisa. I do wonder if we get used to them . I've had less side effects recently than I used to when I've had more fat than I should have done. Such as my shortbread biscuit fest two weeks ago- nothing.
I don't think they're fake ones we've been getting as they wouldn't be allowed to be called orlistat if the active ingredient wasn't the same

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Last night I took 2 tablets with my bits of pizza.. Tonight I finally saw a tiny bit of oil in the loo.. So I wonder if that is the issue... Not enough of "" in the tablet mix.. ??? Wonder what 3 tablets would do?? At this rate I would run out really quick!!

The teva generic would not be legal in the uk if it doesnt work plain n simple meds have to be tested to get status to be legal to rx thry uk is far stricter than many countries wth this

Iv losst all be it not nuch with teva the past few weeks n as someone said a loss is a loss be is 0.3lb or 33lbs

Butter

Ah but I am not talking about Tevo, I have xenical brand, have not had Tevo, xenical has already been given the ok, but I am saying that I think that my tablets have not been working prop - I'm not talking about any one else's

oh dear it all sounds a bit of mess with it all doesn't it. i have to say this month the tablets dont seem to be affecting me the same. i usually have oily poo (sorry) and can see fat globules in the toilet. now nothing. and i am defo remembering to take them. not sure why the change.

I know what you mean poppy my stool is not as oily as normal, if I hadn't of had a massive tango attack after London i would have thought they weren't effective.. I do know however I am having a much lower fat diet now so I can't say for sure whether my stool would be oily haha x

Back