Signing my fat away... my diet diary!

Well today was the first weigh in - and I am thrilled. I have lost 8lbs in my first week! Really pleased and its given me the motivation to carry on!

Got some tetras today rather than making the shakes all the time which will be nice, and I got a mixture of the porridges for the mornings.

Yay!

xx

Oooh what a lovely day 8. Yummy original porridge, LUSH chocolate velvet tetra (new fave) and supping on a hot toffee and walnut shake while I watch a program about Claire from Steps weight loss. If you haven't had a hot toffee and walnut shake yet then I really recommend it :) xxx

Congratulations on your 8lbs! I lost the same amount and was both pleased and disappointed (insane, eh?). :sigh:

I tried a tip and added a dash of cinnamon to my plain porridge this morning - very nice! :p I had a hot chocolate shake yesterday which was very good. Will have to try the toffee & walnut - I liked that one cold. The only shake I haven't liked is butterscotch.

Based on the metallic taste in my mouth I think I'm in ketosis as well, but I do get hungry still. Not as much as before - I had porridge and a soup today and skipped the shake, which I know isn't good. Let's see if we both can't have all 3 meals tomorrow. :)

Here's to a great week 2!!!

Well day 9 is over and done with - I say that but to be honest it's been awesome!

Started off my day with a yummy maple and pecan porridge. This is definitely my favourite porridge! I make it with a little more water to make a ready break consistency.

I then went to the gym, did 2000 metres on the rowing machine and beat my personal best, did some leg press reps and some ab crunches, came home and had a little bit of chicken (maybe half a breast) and a stick of celery (both ok'd by my CDC - this didn't effect my weight loss last week and is needed for the exercise!). Also had one of the yummiest lunches ever - the chocolate velvet tetra.

In the afternoon I got my lip pierced. Sounds random but I have wanted it done for quite a while! Love it, it hurt but now it's fine and feels like I have had it there forever.

Dinner is a yummy thick chocolate shake made with ice cubes.

Oh and the scales this mornings showed a further 2lbs loss - if this is true, WOOHOO!

xxx

Well done TS youre really doing well! I like the choc tetras too and have them for brekkie at work most days! I added mine to a coffee today and that was nice for a change! Some people find them a bit thick and mix them with hot water for a hot chocolate! YUM :eek:) Keep up the good work chickie!

Well done TS youre really doing well! I like the choc tetras too and have them for brekkie at work most days! I added mine to a coffee today and that was nice for a change! Some people find them a bit thick and mix them with hot water for a hot chocolate! YUM :eek:) Keep up the good work chickie!

I am very partial to a hot chocolate mint I'm not gonna lie! Thank you lovely - I am feeling so positive, motivated and well in myself! xxx

Mmmm, hot chocolate mint sounds good! I'll have to try it.

Can you tell me what a tetra is? It's not something my CDC has mentioned ....

tizzy51 said:
Mmmm, hot chocolate mint sounds good! I'll have to try it.

Can you tell me what a tetra is? It's not something my CDC has mentioned ....

Hiya tizzy!

A tetra is the ready made shakes! I haven't tried the banana or strawberry ones but the chocolate velvet is gorgeous!

xxx

The banana one is yummy scrummy!!! Xxx

There are ready made shakes on the Cambridge diet? I will have to have a wee chat with my CDC! :eek: Chocolate velvet sounds scrumptious!

Urgh. It's TOTM. Hope this doesn't affect my losses. Really suffering! Bad pains etc!

Had apple and cinnamon porridge for breakfast, a chocolate tetra for lunch and will most likely have a hot mint choc for dinner!

Not so cheery today but thats down to my body and not the diet! Into double figures though! Hurrah! The time is flying by :)

xx

Hi Shelley,

Sorry you are feeling a bit bleuuuurgh! How are you feeling about the diet. I don't seem to have lost anything since WI on Monday morning. Also TOTM, so not sure if it is water retention or something. Hope weight starts dropping again in the second half of the week....:sigh:

Urgh. It's TOTM. Hope this doesn't affect my losses. Really suffering! Bad pains etc!

Had apple and cinnamon porridge for breakfast, a chocolate tetra for lunch and will most likely have a hot mint choc for dinner!

Not so cheery today but thats down to my body and not the diet! Into double figures though! Hurrah! The time is flying by :)

xx

We had almost the same things today - I had the same breakfast and dinner, but had the tomato soup for lunch. :)

I noticed that the rate of loss has slowed down. Am encouraged by 2 things - that it is still a loss and that it is really fat this week, rather than water. After a week or so of this we should really start to see/feel changes - at least I hope so!

Have you noticed you've stopped thinking in terms of days (day 1, day 2, etc)? We're almost 1/2 thru week 2! Woo hoo! :D

I'm fine in terms of the diet itself - it just sucks that I think I am going to get a really low loss this week - I have one extra day as my weigh in is on tuesday instead of monday. I have a feeling that I will be lucky to lose 2lbs!

Stupid TOTM!!!!

Feel like going back to bed to be honest!

Oh well, we're into double figures now! Day 11! I have had my maple and pecan porridge and will shortly be having a chocolate tetra!

Hope you're all ok!

xx

Feeling much much much better today! TOTM has thankfully ended and I'm showing a loss of around 3lbs so far. Got 4 more days to hopefully lose a couple more due to the day late weigh in! (it will go back to monday's after next week)

Next week I think I am just going to have porridge, bars and tetras and give my ice cube tray and blender a rest. Then perhaps have the shakes the week after and alternate or something!

Is anyone else getting a REALLY noisy tummy at night? Mine is literally keeping me awake gurgling away!

xxx

So it's Day 13! My weigh in is on Tuesday this week as my CDC has a funeral, which means one more day to try and lose an extra pound. It's been my TOTM this week meaning I have been feeling noticeably heavier and bleugh! I got really emotional on Friday about lots of things too :(
Then I found out I had a meal last night so I text my CDC and she advised this was fine as long as I stuck to no alcohol and no carbs. This suited me fine! I had a gorgeous thin steak with the fat cut off and some rocket leaves and runner beans - delicious. It felt like a real treat and we went to the cinema after. Back to 100% today with my porridge, tetra and shake.
I think I would have only lost a pound or two this week however, strangely, my collar bones have started to reappear - its the first actual change I have noticed!
Hoping for a big loss in week 3 to make up for the dreaded TOTM week!

Hope you're all doing ok!
xxx

Hi Shelley,

I tell you what, these hormones have a lot to answer for this week. I was particularly wobbly Friday and Saturday. I have been weighing myself and the scales didn't move much at all early in the week, but the last few days my body seems to be sorting itself out. I don't expect a great loss tomorrow, but we will see.

I have noticed my face and neck have slimmed down and I am a little bit leaner round the middle. My CDC said to me that people tend to lose weight visibly from the top down. I guess my boobs are next on the list then :p The one bit of my body I quite like!

Aren't you good not eating any carbs! I had some on Saturday and it definitely had an impact - I was down 2.5lbs Sat morning, but at weigh-in this morning, only down 2lbs. :sigh:

I have another dinner this coming Saturday - feels like I'm on an obstacle course - so am going to stick to SS religiously this week. Ketosis is amazing - not feeling hungry is such a relief. Now it's just managing the desire to chew something - but I get bars this week! Looking forward to that. :)

I hope your weigh-ins go well. Good luck!!!

Thank you so much girls!

Just got back from my CDC - I have bars hurray! Also a nice -3lbs loss - wasn't expecting anything due to TOTM and feeling bloated and heavy all week! 3lbs is my per week target so quite shocked!

xxx

Excellent loss! Congratulations!

Had my first bar today - peanut butter crunch - and liked it a lot. Also had a stomach ache which I'm hoping is not related. All my CDC told me was to drink more water when eating the bars.

And so we navigate week 3.... it's getting to be a way of life this diet! :)

Back