Silly Salad Dressing Question

Discussion in 'Route to Management' started by Mandee, 9 June 2008 Social URL.

1. Mandee

Mandee Full Member

Hi Everyone

So sorry that this is, quite possibly, the dumbest questions ever asked on MiniMins!

Being American, sometimes I don't really understand the "terminology" used to describe food.

Two things I don't understand what they are:

1. Salad Dressing - is this things like Roasted Garlic Balsamic and Red Pepper Balsamic from Sainsburys or is it more like fat free Heinz Salad Cream. I'm so confused!

2. Quark - I have been up and down the cheese and diary aisles at Sainsburys and Waitrose and have yet to figure out what the heck (or where the heck to find) this stuff. It seems to be an integral part of week 2 so am desperate to figure out what it is before I do my shopping this evening!

Any info would be ever so appreciated!
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. mrspnut

mrspnut Full Member

Salad dressing is like the first one. I have a fat free dressing by helmans I think but there are a number of kraft very low fat ones.

Quark is very low fat cream cheese, usually found near the philidelphia on the cheese aisle - waitrose should have it. (ours does).
  4. mrspnut

mrspnut Full Member

5. Mandee

Mandee Full Member

Oh lovely. Thanks ever so for your quick reply!

I shall pop over to Waitrose at lunchtime.
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.