Silver Wedding.

fillymum

synful soul
It is our Silver Wedding Anniversary tomorrow, the 15th.

Time to thank my truly amazing husband for his love, friendship and support through those 25 years.

We had our marriage vows blessed on our 22nd anniversary instead of our 25th as we thought I might not survive to see this one . Thank goodness everyone was wrong.

Paul is my rock. He is a gift to me, a gift I cherish everyday of our life together,

We have been through so much together and come out the other end remarkably unscathed.

Friday the 19th is another major anniversary, a real mile stone. It is the 7th anniversary of my breast cancer op and after nearly 6 years of treatment I am still here to tell the tale. Aslimmer, fitter me.

We celebrated with friends at the Antique Center today as we were working. We took champagne and cake for all our friends. You would have been proud of me folks, I celebrated with an options and a banana !!!

Paul was my toy boy. We married when he was 25 years old and I was 42 years old. In those days only the most outrageous of stars did it. We were often told it was a marriage destined to failure. What is the saying ???? He who laughs last, laughs longest.

firsttimeroundwedding.jpg

Our Wedding day.

theblessing011-1.jpg

The Blessing.

How wonderful, I'm glad you had a nice day today.

What did you end up buying him as a pressie?

We're not far behind you, we've just celebrated 23 years, I can't believe how quickly the time has passed. And I do feel really lucky to have found somebody who I get on with very well, we don't have the same interests, which I think has helped, but we do enjoy the same type of holidays.

Congratulations to you both on your Silver Wedding Anniversary.

You both look lovely on your Wedding day 25 years ago and just as beautiful today.

Wishing you another 25 years of happiness together.

Beautiful inspirational story, thank you for sharing:)

Thank you for your good wishes.

We have had a super day. Dh's first day off for 9 weeks. It has been cosy and lovely.

Oh fillymum i do love hearing a good love story.

Major,massive congrats for all your anniversarys- truely amazing.

hearing your story makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. Its so nice to know that there are still happy, genuinly happy couples who have lasted the test of time so far.
restores hope, divorce seems to be a given these days. I just dont understand it myself.

I look forward to the day Im celebrating our silver wedding anniversary. x

Back