Silvermanes food diary - Extra easy plan

Hey Silvermane, I am one of said stalkers who keeps up with your food diary cos you have so many yummy sounding recipes!!

That video is fantastic, the last few pages of your thread have given such an insight into you and your family, in a forum on which it is soo easy to remain anonymous. xx

Thank you Maverick, its true places like these can be anon, but I am a caring sharing kinda person, so I like to share and care about my friends, even if you guys are all over the country, it doesn't make me feel any less of you, than if you were me mates popping in for a coffee, and a chin wag. Were all supporting each other init.

TBH its been my experience, that I get a lot of support online, and often more so, than in real life, perhaps sad, but true. So I always value my online friends! :D:D

Came on to have a nosey at your food diary as I am lacking inspiration for dinner tonight and yours are always fab, and I saw your video - it's fantastic, good luck with the application!! :D

Great video Hun ! You'll knock em dead ;)

I always hated having to do things like that when I was working & we had to be video'd for training sessions :eek: I dont think you sound like a farmer at all LMAO (but I know what you mean, I think were all hyper critical of our own accents....Im from ooop t'north so Im really conscious that Im very broad yorkshire at times ha ha......not sure why but especially when we go abroad there is this subconscious strong need to protect my Yorkshire roots so my accent seems to become stronger :D:eek:

Came on to have a nosey at your food diary as I am lacking inspiration for dinner tonight and yours are always fab, and I saw your video - it's fantastic, good luck with the application!! :D

Do you have facebook, cos I have all my recipes in one place on there, makes it easier for browsing I can give you the direct link, i set it to public viewing. TY about the video! :D

My recipes I update it regularly.

Great video Hun ! You'll knock em dead ;)

I always hated having to do things like that when I was working & we had to be video'd for training sessions :eek: I dont think you sound like a farmer at all LMAO (but I know what you mean, I think were all hyper critical of our own accents....Im from ooop t'north so Im really conscious that Im very broad yorkshire at times ha ha......not sure why but especially when we go abroad there is this subconscious strong need to protect my Yorkshire roots so my accent seems to become stronger :D:eek:

I am originally from the Wigan area, but due to lots of travelling with my Dad I lost my accent, it comes out when I am tired. I dont sound like a typical local, most locals here have a REALLY strong accent, a lot of people say I sound posh lol...yeah right ..ahem...I dont do posh! :D:D

Oh yum, thanks for sharing that :D so hungry right now, early dinner is on the cards I think! x

TBH its been my experience, that I get a lot of support online, and often more so, than in real life, perhaps sad, but true. So I always value my online friends! :D:D

That's been my experience too.

Your video is great and I hope you get through the audition. You do have a lovely speaking voice.

I also hope you feel better soon.

My forum wars were very similar but involving parenting forums mostly and there could be so much vitriol flying around. I mostly stayed out of it but there were some interesting forum legends coming out of them.

I'm still feeling crap so today has been a bit of a miss for me. I will do some facts on my diary soon though :)

That's been my experience too.

Your video is great and I hope you get through the audition. You do have a lovely speaking voice.

I also hope you feel better soon.

My forum wars were very similar but involving parenting forums mostly and there could be so much vitriol flying around. I mostly stayed out of it but there were some interesting forum legends coming out of them.

I'm still feeling crap so today has been a bit of a miss for me. I will do some facts on my diary soon though :)

Yeah I have felt pukey all day myself, so I had fish and salad for tea, just what I needed for a feeling pukey day...blinking hormones!!

I have been feeling a bit pukey all day, definitely think its my hormones causing it. So had a very light food day.

For lunch I had scambled egg which I tossed into green beans, mushrooms, mixed peppers, which I shoved a bit of garlic and thyme into, with salt and pepper, and a dash of worcestershire sauce. I had a Muller lite yoghur with it.

For tea I had baked smoked haddock, with herbs, which I served with salad, cous cous and beetroot.

I was craving choccie today so did it SW styly!! :)

Healthy Extras

2 x weetabix
Skimmed milk

Syns

Light cadburys mousse 3 1/2
Skinny cow icecream 4 1/2
Cous Cous portion 1 syn
Beetroot salad portion 1 syn
Ceasar extra lite dressing 1 syn
Highlights choccie drink 2 syns

Total 13

Snacks

fruit

Hope you're feeling a bit better today hun....but eating fish :eek: the yaccky Devils food !!!!! Oooooooh no no no no
smiley-sick007.gif
not sure if its safe to come visit these parts again :rolleyes::p

A little less pukey, but have awful period pains. I am not usually this bad, but had to take a lot of my painkillers recently and I notice everytime I take them, I get a bad period. :sigh:

Sorry about the fish...but I LOVES it!

MMmm I totally love fish. Like the chocolate cravings SW style :D I think I'll buy some of those mousses today at Tesco. Yum.

I love them mousses but their always out of stock, I was just lucky to get there when they had just filled the shelves up :D

Well this is our evening without the children, so we decided that we would have a special meal for dinner.

Now I didnt plan it very well, because if I had, I would have planned a red day, and instead planned an Extra Easy day DUH

So I am giving you syns for Red and Extra Easy!

I am calling this:

Valentino's Steak - with creamy peppercorn sauce

As its valentines soon, and would make a great meal for those who want to cook for the occasion.

We had Sirloin Steak with Crunchy wedges, baked with their skins on, and fresh vegetable's, with a luxurious and very naughty tasting Peppercorn sauce (altho I split the sauce and didn't have peppercorns with mine) ...

This was DELICIOUS!!! My OH gave it a 13/10 lol.

2 x Sirloin steaks - You cook the steak to your choice, all fat removed. I grilled them, with garlic, salt and pepper and sprayed with frylite.

Crunchy wedges are made, by baking your potatoe (227g gives you 1st HEB on red), I do this in the microwave. I then cut the potatoe into wedges (this is a britmum recipe), and spray with frylite and season as you like, piri piri, bbq or whatever, I like paprika, then re bake in the oven 30 mins.

The sauce is very simple:

60g per person philadelphia light 5 syns on Extra easy or 57g as a 2nd HEB.
100ml per person of dry white wine 3 1/2 syns
teaspoon of green peppercorns (tescos do these in the speciality herbs, in a jar in brine)
4 mushrooms per person sliced.
salt and pepper.
1 tsp Mustard dijon, the one made with vinegar not oil (negliable).

Frylite a pan and cook sliced mushrooms, add garlic and salt and pepper, when mushrooms are ready add 100ml per person (I split it into 2 pans cos I wasn't having the peppercorns) of dry white wine and cook until slightly reduced.

I have given you the quantitys per person, in case your doing it for a dinner party!

Add the peppercorns, and the mustard and simmer til mixed evenly. You need to time the sauce for when the steaks will be ready. So I start to make this when I put the steaks on the grill.

Stir in the Philadelphia until well combined, it kinda melts into the wine, and simmer gently, the sauce with be lovely and gooey.

Serve the sauce on your steak :D

This sauce tastes very luxurious and creamy and my OH is a massive peppercorn sauce fan and said was the best one she had ever had!!

NB: The reason I use Philadelphia instead of laughing cow is because its more creamy and less cheesey.

Syns Extra Easy 8 1/2 (well worth the syns, when you think of the syns for cream!)
Syns Red 3 1/2 + 2 HEB's

recipe008i.jpg

Last edited:
Todays day so far

Healthy Extras

2 x Weetabix
skimmed milk

Syns

Dinner as above 8 1/2 syns
1 tbsp Maple Syrup 2 syns
New options indulgence 3 syns

Total syns 13 1/2

Got a flexi ish day tomorrow as its my mums anniversary and have no idea what she is cooking, think its a buffet, if it is she normally does lots of salad stuff with baked pots, so will see what I can do.

Snacks

fruit

Last edited:
Ellebear: Looks amazing as usual xxxx

Ty Hunny! :D

Red Riding Hood: Looks yummy. I got fillet steaks at the shop for OH and I on Monday and some asparagus. I'm going to do wedges and I might try your sauce to go with it.

Ps: hope you enjoy your evening alone

Yeah its peaceful lol You wouldn't regret the sauce its seriously nommy!

Back