frylite
half an onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 tsp chilli flakes
salt and black pepper
pinch of sweetner
grated parmesan (optional), to serve

Method
1. In a saucepan, gently cook the onion and garlic in the frylite until the onion has softened. Add the chopped tomatoes, chilli flakes and sweetener. I sometimes add some basil as well.
Season with salt and pepper and simmer for 25-30 minutes until thickened.
2. Meanwhile, cook the pasta in plenty of salted water until cooked 'al dente', and then drain the pasta.
3. Add the pasta to the sauce and mix in well. Serve with grated parmesan (optional).

Ta muchly kind lady
4chsmu1.gif

I will make this tomorrow I think (even I cant mess up with that recipe ;)) I never used to be so rubbish I dont think?? I just appear to have got this way since my Big Op (very forgetful & OH is soooo fussy with what he will eat it annoys the pants off me :sigh:).....I stuck my head in the freezer & found a tub of veggie chillie so ended up having that with some wedges in the end nomnomnom.

Extra Easy day - Had a Nommy stew today, I played with my herb mix a bit and did thyme and carraway seeds, with garlic and salt and pepper, and it was seriously nommy!

The Carraway seeds really add something to the stew. I really do like the sage and thyme combo, again its subtlety slightly different flavours, but this is also a really nice combo!

Anyhow this is me today so far:

Healthy Extras

2 weetabix heb
Skimmed milk hea

Syns

1 tbsp maple Syrup 2 syns (weetabix)
Mughsot (lunch) 2 syns
2 x Hovis wm (400g) 5 syns
2 tsp LF Marj 2 syns
Gravy granules to thicken stew 2 syns
Highlight chocolate 2 syns

Total 15 syns

Snacks

Fruit

Last edited:
Hello!!!!

I can confirm that silvermane's penne alla arabiata is indeed amazing!!! Nom-tastic I would go so far as to say!!

Hope you're having a lovely day missy! Xxx

Oh and Thai green curry? SW style?!?! Pray tell!!!!!

Recipe for ya!

Low syn Thai green curry (2 1/2 syns)

Recipe:

This is adapted from a recipe I found on this site, which was actually taken from the phillidelphia website. Although to make it ok for Extra Easy on Slimming World I had to tweak the recipe.

2 1/2 syns per serving.

2 tsp Thai green curry paste ( I used Barts)
3 cloves garlic
1 inch fresh ginger
300ml vegetable stock
4 chicken breasts, sliced (you can use quorn pieces if ya veggie)
1 small onion, finely sliced
Baby Sweetcorn diced
French beans diced
Mangetout sliced in half.
1 red pepper, diced
150 g Philadelphia Light (30g per person, I cooked for 5 people)
4 tblsp skimmed (or semi) milk

Served on a bed of rice ( I used 50g brown basmati for myself)

So I cooked the onion and garlic and chicken in frylite, added the vegetable's and herbs etc and poured over the vegetable stock, allowed to simmer. Cooked my rice, and when that was ready, took the curry off the heat, and stirred through the philidelphia. Served.

This worked out to be 2 1/2 syns per portion including the phili and skimmed milk.

Its was DEVINE!!!! It was seriously YUM!!! We will be having this again!!

img0102pt.jpg

Last edited:
I have only done a red thai curry - how does it get milky without the coconut milk? does normal milk do a similar job? and the stock??

xxx

Hey,
Just been having a noisey at your food diary... Its so exciting compared to mine! I think i am stuck in my comfort zone as i know every meal i make inside out now. Think i am going to pinch you turkey meatball recipe as it looks delish!!

Congrats on your st award! Bet you are chuffed!!

I have only done a red thai curry - how does it get milky without the coconut milk? does normal milk do a similar job? and the stock??

xxx

Its the philadelphia that makes it milky, and because its creamy, its seriously nommy! Much lower syns than coconut milk.

Hey,
Just been having a noisey at your food diary... Its so exciting compared to mine! I think i am stuck in my comfort zone as i know every meal i make inside out now. Think i am going to pinch you turkey meatball recipe as it looks delish!!

Congrats on your st award! Bet you are chuffed!!

hey hunny, its keeping my menu varied and trying new recipes that keeps me interested and stops me losing the plot! :D

Tikka Masala mild curry - can be easily converted to be veggie with Quorn chicken style chunks.

Traditionally a lot of masala have real cream in them (or yoghurts), which we cant use for obvious reasons, so in this instance I have used VLF fromage Fraise, although you can buy a weight watchers cream if you really wanted to!

Serves 4

Ingredients - 1 syn per person

• 4 level tbsp's of Pataks Tikka paste (it MUST be paste, not a jar, the paste is literally just the spices) 1 syn per level tbsp.
  • 1 onion chopped
  • 1 diced red pepper
  • pack diced baby corn
  • pack diced mangetout (you can usully buy them as one pack with both in, green beans work as well)
  • Carton passata
  • 2 heaped dsp's VLF fromage fraise.
  • Frylite
  • 2 Garlic cloves crushed

Rice to serve.

This is such a simple recipe to do, basically frylite a pan and 'fry' the vegetables until they start to soften, you can add a little water to make this process easier.

Once a little softened, add the paste, using a tbsp measuring spoon (make sure your level not heaped), then fry in the vegetable's. This releases all the spices! Then add your chicken, mix well until all the chicken is well covered, and begins to cook.

When the chicken starts to all look evenly cooked on the outside you can add you passatta and then the fromage fraise, mixing well. leave to simmer while your rice is cooking. Don't boil!

NB: The paste jar says to marinate the chicken overnight etc etc, but tbh you dont need to do that, it tastes just as yummy.

I serve mine with 2 dollops of fromage fraise and paprika sprinkled on top, but this is purely a personal choice, you don't have to do that.

Voila a nommy low syn curry!

074ha.jpg

Just for fun, I thought maybe you regular stalkers of mine (hehe) could get to know each ther a bit better. So here a list of 10 things you dont know about me (although you might have guessed some of them)...Maybe you guys can do the same!

Fact one - A bit about my home life. I am registered disabled, and I live in a same sex relationship, with my Swedish Viking, and we each have a child, living with us. I have an 18 yr old son who is going to university this year (he lives in digs) and a 12 year old daughter (Moo). My partner has a niece (Sawa), whom she inherited, due to the tragedy of losing her mum. We have 2 dogs, a springer called Scruff, and a yorkie apso called Betty Boop. 3 cats, Ewok, Charlie the ginja ninja and Liquorice, Liquorice and Ewok are brother and sister and Charlie is their blood uncle, their mummy was his sister, but sadly she passed away. We have a 7 month old foal called Spirit, and a Welsh con 17 yr old called Dylan whom I half share with a friend.

Fact Two - My partner is just about to embark on the journey of becoming male. Also known as female to male, transgender. I fell in love with her as female, but she has gender identity disorder and so I am going to support her in becoming a male. This is a really massive deal for me, as I identify as a lesbian, but I love her too much to let her go. So there we have it, gonna be some big changes ahead, and so when you suddenly see me refer to her as him/he...you will know why!!

Fact Three - I am a qualified aromatherapy masseuse, and I also do a really mean indian head massage. I did the Indiana head diploma but had to stop 5 weeks before my examine due to my illness. I would love to be a holistic therapist.

Fact Four - I make really really nice cakes!

Fact Five - I love to do glass painting and am quite good at it, and also love knitting.

Fact Six - Am a massive trekkie :D I also LOVE True Blood , have a thing for Vampires lol Not that I ever want to become one or anything. :cool:

Fact Seven - I am part Italian, little bit Irish and a squidge french and german.

Fact Eight - I have been all over the world. Lived in Germany, Hong Kong and Kenya. My dad was in the army.

Fact Nine - I have been on the internet since I was 21, thats now nealry 19 years! My ex OH used to work for GCHQ and we were the first to get broadband in our street lol. I used to be known as knickers71uk all over the net. I have been involved in quite a few massive arguements on the Mirror/GMTV forum, and been involved in a few forums wars in my time! Always did love a debate, and don't tolerate idiots LMAO! Although I love my quiet life now!! No more wars for me. :cool:

Fact Ten - I am a total nerd! I know a lot about computers! Into sci fi, the whole geek nine yards lol :cool:

LOVE your facts. It's good to know you better. I'll have to have a think about mine. I totally thought Moo and Sawa were sisters, they look so alike in the pictures in your sig. I too have been involved in the odd forum war ;) tell me more... :D *nosey*

Back