Silver's Diary

Just back from the interview. Pretty certain I was offered the job but I said I wanted to discuss it with my husband....

It's a cool place to work with the possibility of a small promotion but I think I'd literally be doing it for the money... The place only has a small staff and they're mainly asian and don't seem to have much English. Half the reason I want a job is to meet people...

James and I are going to discuss it tonight. It seems like a good opportunity but I'm not certain if it's the right one...

you can always give it a go hun ... if it doesnt work out then theres nothing lost

Agree with Ellie, give it a go x when your in a job it always seems easier to get another one. Nothing ventured nothing gained x

Day 78 and 79

Day 78 - (PV) I had oatbran and yogurt for breakfast and a coffee. I headed to my gym for my 11am appointment with Austin. It went well. I pushed myself hard and I told her she had been going to easy on me so she really upped my workout. I lost my breafast at the end :p

Cathy had gone to Pike Place market while I was out and was still there by the time I got back. I showered and got my makeup ready for my interview. Cathy arrived back with enough time for us to run up to a salad place before my interview. I had garden leaves with onion, cucumber, egg, tomatoes, beets and chicken with balsamic vinaigrette.

Ran home, printed off CV, changed and ran out the door. Traffic was heavier than I was expecting so I was a little late. I also ended up parked beside the back door rather than the front so thats the way I went in. It was like walking back into my college studio during our parade module. Awesome! I got very excited. I told the first people, a middle aged asian man and woman, I saw that I was looking for James. With mainly hand gestures and very few words they usher me towards the front of the building. I met James, a nice asian business man. We chatted. He told me my job would be painting the eyes and mouths on the mascots. I'd get $10 an hour starting out and that it was full time. I told him I'd discuss it with my hubby and get back to him. (obviously I didn't say hubby :p). I headed home after that.

Dossed around for a little while when I got home, ate some shrimp left over from Costco. When James got home we headed to The Whisky Bar because they were having a tasting and were serving neeps and tatties and haggis and steak and kidney pie.... I was glad I had the shrimp before we left :p
Stayed there until 10pm ish...possibly later I wasn't paying much attention. When we got home I had my leftover broccoli from the Cheesecake factory because I was starving and also 1tbsp of oatbran with yogurt 'cause I'd thrown up my breakfast oatbran. Then it was off to bed.

Day 79 - (PP) Breakfast was a coffee. We were up early so that we could go to the Outlet mall :D Sindi my german neighbour came with us.

When we got there Cathy and Sindi need brekkie so we went to starbucks and they had breakfast sambos. I got a quad Americano and munched on one of the boiled eggs I'd brought. After that we proceeded to shop. I got my 1st ever pair of size10/30" jeans. Almost cried I was so happy. Never, ever thought I'd be a 10. Don't think I'll get to an 8 though...That would be weird.....Also got a belt, Clinque eyeshadow and sunscreen, a pair of sandals and some barely there socks (the kind you wear with lil slip on shoes)
Coming back we got caught in traffic because of this: Southbound I-5 closed by semi rollover crash at I-90 | Local & Regional | Seattle News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KOMO News . As a result I missed my Crossfit class and have to do a make up one next week, or else re-do all 5 of the starter classes...

Cathy met up with a friend she knows here when we got home. They went for dinner to a Thai place. I dossed around, put on my new jeans and sandals....pretty much admired myself in the mirror all evening, trying to visualize my final shape....It's not one I expected tbh. I think I thought my frame was bigger. I ain't complaining :D

I had a very late dinner of chicken breast and I just finished my oatbran for today. Made a decision about the job too after talking with James. I sent an email telling them it wasn't right for me at the moment. There were a number of factors in that decision but I feel happy with it...

Anyway, up early again tomorrow to go to brunch and more shopping for Cathy. I have to find a bday present for my workout buddy, Jen, too. So I'm off to sleep, per chance to dream :) :zz:

Wowser :) size 10! I can't imagine I'll ever get there, you lucky thing !! :)... at my lowest weight 147lbs I was still a size 12 :eek::) x

You gotta remember I'm in America though. I'm very confused by the sizes over here tbh. Cathy is a 14 at home and she tried on the same size jeans as me in the shop but we were in another shop today and she was trying 10's and I recently bought 14's from there....:confused:

And I also fit into a pair of Esprit pants I got at home 2 years ago that have never fit and they're a 42 or something..... in other words, I have no idea what size I am :p

With your height and you target weight I'd say you'll be size 10 in no time :D

Day 80

I'm sleepy tonight so this will either be short or rambly....I apologise in advance :p

Today was PV. Brought Cathy to Lola's for brunch. I had 2 poached eggs, 2 v short sausages, and a modified greek salad. After that we went to the shops. Cathy wanted to go to Old Navy so we did and ended up spending about an hour there. I got very confused about sizes because I recently bought size 14s from Old Navy but Cathy was trying on 10s when she is a 14 at home....but in Lucky brand we tried on the same size jeans, which I eventually bought, ie my new size 10s...:confused: So I dunno what size I am!

After Old Navy I needed to go to Express to get a new pair of gym pants. Stopped into Lulu Lemon on the way and they're doing the top I love in purple now! Want it soooo bad! In Express I got my gym pants, found out I now fit into their intimates so got a 3for$10 on underwear and I found a lovely pair of flares in a 12 that had been $90 and were now $35 so I got them too :) They're still a bit tight but I'm going to leave them to be worn in a few weeks :D Stopped in to Fireworks on the way home and picked up a small bday present for my friend Jen.

When we got home we both changed into dirty pants and got ourselves and the dog ready for the park. We picked up James from work on the way and had a nice afternoon in the park. Rua found a very insistent German Shepard playmate. He still wanted to play even when she was practically dead on her feet and giving him lil "leave me alone" nips. It was actually kinda funny because she would give in and play for a bit and then tell him to feck off lol.

Once we got back from the park I changed for PT, except I packed my gym pants in my bag and wore my new jeans(the 10s) to show my trainer. She was very cute and really proud, of herself and of me. If it hadn't been for her I never would have heard of this diet or been as fit as I am now, which is causing the weight to fall from all the right places :D She kicked our butts in training, doing lots of core training and leg training. She gave me homework! Kinda hard to describe but try picture shoulder stands combined with leg raises...

Cathy had made a lovely roast turkey dinner when I got home, with James's help to keep it diet friendly :) I was soo hungry because I forgot to have lunch :eek: Just finished my oat bran and I'm about to go to bed. I've to get up early tomorrow to go to Tea with my workout friends for Jen's bday and then we're bringing Cathy on a hike. On Sunday we're going to Vancouver to visit their relatives. So sleep time for me! Night! :zz:

Ha looks like it was ramble... :p sorry

Day 81, 82 and 83

Day 81 - (PP) I went to Lola's again this morn for brunch with my friends. Had been a friend's bday and we wanted to celebrate. I got 2 poached eggs, sausages and ham. After, it was such a lovely day out that one of the girls wanted photos and one of the photos was posted to facebook. So now my sister has seen me :( no suprise for her.

Went for a hike up Rattlesnake in the afternoon with Cathy, James and some other friends. Ate jerky and cooked turkey breast at the top.
On the way home we all stopped into Krispy Kreme and I got a coffee while the others got fresh doughnuts.

Cathy fell asleep when we got back and James and I went to dinner in a french restaurant with the friends we went hiking with. I got oysters to start (6) and Ahi tuna with puréed parsnips, runner beans, mushrooms and carrots in a foie gras emulsion. Obviously I tried to avoid the sauce and I was going to get the veg boxed but the dinner portion was so small I ended up eating it all.
We headed over to an irish pub for another friends bday after that but only stayed a short while as we had to get up early the next day.

Day 82 - (PV) Due to my veg slip up yesterday I decided to eat protein all day except for dinner. I got a breakfast of scrambled eggs and t bacon and then ran around like a headless chicken trying to get ready to go to Vancouver. We left an hour late but with everything accounted for. Just before we left I got my oatbran, 2.5tbsps and 1 of wheat bran to try and help my "slow digestion"

We got there at 4 ish and we were presented with a roast turkey dinner shortly after by James's Aunt Joan. We stayed up chatting until 10 ish and then went for a short walk to get some air before bed.

Day 83 - (PP) James and Cathy had fruit for breakfast while I had coffee. We headed into the city after that toward Stanley park and enjoyed walking around in the nice weather. We found a cafe in the park and tried to find something for me to eat. I ordered a chicken burger but instead of actual grilled chicken it was a breaded chicken patty :( I tried to get the breading off but gave up and ate it anyway as I was sooo hungry.

After the park we went back to where James's relatives lived, picked up his aunt and went for sushi. I got sashimi but there were only 9 pieces so I was still pretty hungry after.

We had to leave after lunch to get back to Seattle in time for James's football match, although we did stop in an outlet on the way home just to have a quick look. Cathy suprised me by finding a café and picking me up scrambled eggs and ham :D It was so nice of her and exactly what I needed :)

When we got back to the city I dropped James and Cathy home and then contnued on to collect Rua from the kennel. She was exhausted from her 2 days of play :)

We went for dinner at 9 to Vons Steakhouse, known for their cornbread, because Cathy was dying for cornbread lol. Unfortunately they had stopped making for the day it by the time we got there :( I got a sliced roast sirloin dinner and got my broccoli boxed and gave my fries to Cathy. Went straight to bed when we got home.

Day 84

Today was a glorious PV day :D I had my usual breakfast of oatbran and yogurt. Then after some dossing we headed down to Lake Union to go kayaking. We kayaked for 3hrs and managed to do a round trip of 7.2miles! I was very proud of us :) And the day turned into a lovely one although that did mean that we ended up getting sunburned :p

I was wrecked when we got home and James and Cathy wanted to go for lunch, but I really couldn't muster the energy so they went for pizza and I made scrambled eggs, t bacon and a veggie burger. I relaxed for a bit and then got ready for Crossfit. Had a great workout and actually sweated a bit this time :)

Showered when I got home and got ready to go to dinner in a restaurant in Factoria, a lovely brazilian grill. I got salad and loads of lovely meat :gimi:

Home now and and so tired, but in a good way :) I'm going to go put some more aftersun on and hed to bed :) Night! :zz:

Reading your diary alway6s makes me feel exhausted Silver. Sounds like you are on plan and doing good - not far off your April 29th target. Shame about the pic on FB but hey ho - you are doing this for the long term though she must have still been completely bowled over by the change in you???? Hope you have a great week..................... x

:D

I'm pleasantly suprised to be progressing so well to my April target.:cross: I hope the next few weeks go as well as the last few :) I've been a bit stopped up (sorry TMI) but I got some good old Poobarb in and that should help me out :D

My sis did say I was "looking well" but that's it lol. She's put on some weight recently as she's going through a stressful year in college and we're apparently getting to a similar size. I've always been the largest, heavier than my dad even, and she's aways been the smallest. I think she's a bit put out that we now so close, which I can understand. (I'm estastic we're almost the same size :p)

Today is Cathy's last day. We're going to go on a ferry ride (the ones from Greys Anatomy) and maybe go on a drive to see a waterfall. I have personal training tonight at 7.15 so I'll be sending them to dinner alone I'd say and then meeting them at the pub :)

Off I go to get brekkie. Oatbran, yogurt and rhubarb me thinks :gimi:

Have a good Dukan day silver x

Shame it's Cathy's last day, bet it has been nice to have her over to stay..... Understand what you said about your sister - it must be quite hard for her not to be a little bit 'envious' to see you doing so well... Mind you she is probably delighted that you are in such a strong place mentally and physically.. You mental strength is astounding - keeping up with all that exercise and such a tough regime is impressive. Keep going gal, your gonna give the rest of your family the surprise of their life!!!

Thanks siddid :)

Thank you Trudy :) I must admit I've been finding it hard to keep going, especially with all of the dinners out. I've started having little tastes of things that I really shouldn't be having. And that's actually one of the reasons I've been pushing myself so hard with the gym. I'm usually a couch potato and even when I started with my pt I just did the one workout a week and left it at that.
I honestly think that if it hadn't been for my workout buddies, and seeing how well they were doing with their extra exercise and watching what they were eating that I wouldn't have had the motivation to even attempt this diet when my pt suggested it to me. I owe them alot and I think I'm going to get them a little something to say thank you once I hit my target :D

Day 85

So today was PP. It was a mixed day for me, lots of good and bad...best start at the beginning lol.

Breakfast was oatbran, yogurt and stewed rhubarb. We were planning to go for brunch on Bainbridge Island but I wasn't sure I'd find anything substantial hence why I had my oatbran. I was also in need of the help of rhubarb...been having "digestive difficulty" for just over a week :(
After brekkie I got ready and we caught a ferry to Bainbridge, the same ferries from Grey's Anatomy :) I spotted some SF gummi bears on the ferry and got them to help my digestion along, as well as a coffee, as the rhubarb wasn't doing much. I ate half the packet on the ferry before brunch. I got steak and eggs for brunch. It was really nice and they cooked my steak just right :D

Heading back on the ferry I ate the other half of the gummi bears because I had seen no sign of activity...this was a bad idea. After an hour at home my tummy started to gurgle :( Since that point my "digestive discomfort" has done a complete 180! Despite that I went out with Cathy when she went to Top Pot doughnuts and we stopped into Lulu Lemon on the way home. I fit into a LL size 8!!! :eek: Craziness!
I couldn't quite believe I was an 8 so I checked the sizing chart and compared it to the River Island one at home, where I use to get my jeans. It turns out I'm right in between a 12 and 14 in RI sizes....which is cool because I use to be 16-18 but also disappointing because I'm not a 10 :p

Because I was so uncomfortable my PT and workout buddies insisted on cancelling our workout. We ended up in a chocolate martini bar instead....:confused: I was hungry so I got some steamed mussels :gimi: We stayed out for about 2 hours and then I headed home. I was going to get ready and go straight out to meet Cathy and James but I curled up in bed instead. Once they arrived in our local I got ready and went down......James bought me my favourite cocktail and told me I deserved a break...it was amazing! loved every minute of it :) :( After it I was right back onto diet coke, regardless of what anyone said!

Back home now and I just finished a tin of tuna. Still feel incredibly uncomfortable but at least my next weigh in should be a good one :p Off fto bed now :) Night all! :zz:

Hey Silversilph! Great boost to fit into that size 8 :) and I'm totally with you on mussels - DELICIOUS! Also, just seen you're in Seattle - been thinking recently how I'd love to go there. Looks cool :) hope the tummy's ok ! :eek: x

Hey Silversilp - congrats on the size 8! That's fabulous :D Though I now have a hankering for mussels after reading your diary... sounds yummy!! x

Thanks guys :) The size 8 was great, a real boost to my motivation :D Just wish it was an 8 at home :p although I think fitting into a UK8(US4?) would look a bit too thin given my height :)

The mussels were amazing! I was a bit bold because they were done in a butter, garlic and whitewine broth but I did my best to avoid that :)

Seattle is a great city Flicka. You should definitely check it out :) I'd be happy to show you around!

Back