Silver's Diary

Nice to see you back Silver :) you were always so inspiring with your exercise efforts, we're nearly the same weight but unfortunately for me I'm 3 inches shorter ;)

You'll soon kick it into touch again, you still gymming it? x

Indeed I am :) Had my crossfit class and yoga today. Although my yoga class was a bit of a bust because I tweaked my hip last night somehow and so I found some of the poses to be out of the question for today.
Just on my second day of attack. Only 3 this time round :D and my hubby is doing it with me again :)

How have things been?

Good to see you back! As you see, you're not the only one finding yourself returning to the fold! (I never really left!)

I must say it's kinda nice to be back. It sucks that I need to diet again but the routine is very comforting :) The protein days are killing my exercise, although it might be vice versa :p It's my instructors last week in the gym and he is bound and determined to kill us :O Today was insane and tomorrow is supposed to be way harder....and I've to do a double class! (I'm collecting money for a Goodbye gift and so I've to see the morning people and afternoon people) I will die :p

So what are you eating? I'm always interested to see what other people eat, particularly those in different countries! You are so very tall... and you too Sarah. I can't honestly remember now whether I'm 1.68 or .69 but, either way, I'm too short for my weight, haaaaa!

So what are you eating? I'm always interested to see what other people eat, particularly those in different countries! You are so very tall... and you too Sarah. I can't honestly remember now whether I'm 1.68 or .69 but, either way, I'm too short for my weight, haaaaa!

I'm 169cm Jo :) 5'6 and a half - don't forget the half it's very important :) so we must be the same height? x

p.s. I just went and metric-ised my stats just for you :D x....totally confuses me though heh! x

a typical protein day for me would be:
Breakfast = nonfat greek yoghurt with oatbran, 1 splenda and some flavourings.
Lunch = Eggs (scrambled) and extra lean chicken & apple sausages.
Dinner = Steak or chicken breast.
Snacks = sugar free jello pot

And a typical PV day:
Breakfast = see above
Lunch = a salad or as above
Dinner = steak or chicken with additional greens or salad or BNS

I'm doing my best to cut out caffeine because it can help the process of converting unused nutrients to fat rather than them just being "flushed"

6.6lbs loss is great! Hope you're doing well :)

Excellent weight loss. These midweek weigh ins can upset the psyche so best to be avoided. (That was me talking to myself cos I'm just like you most often, disappointed cos I saw better mid week!!).

Oh I must be 1.68 then. Mind you, it's been years since I was measured. I've probably shrunk!

I'm going to cut down on caffeine starting today too. Different reasons. I usually have one "proper" coffee each morning at work, then switch to Nescafe in the morning (which must be lower in caffeine yes?). Then decaff thereon... I'm going to have decaff this morning on arrival and see whether I'm still awake at lunchtime!!

Oh brave decision Jo -caffeine not being tackled in my house yet!! lovely to see you back Silver, as busy as ever and on track which is great to see! you will have that weight off in no time!! For all of us it is finding an equilibrium at the end! Think your initial weight loss is great - as Jo says avoid the middle week WI!!!! Plays with your head!! LOL! I am avoiding the scales totally as I focus so much on what they say - may weigh the day of our Dukan meet up but jury is out for now on that one!!! x

I'm actually far past midweek weighing....I weigh every day, multiple times a day. Usually first thing in the morn, then after the gym, maybe mid afternoon and then before bed....I'm pretty obsessed as this is an everyday thing for me not just while on the diet :(

Other than that I've been doing ok. I could have sworn I posted a reply on here on Tuesday, confessing to pancake indulgence :p but apparently I must have forgotten to press the "post" button. Whoops!

I need to start doing more cardio and work on getting back into long distance running. Great for dropping weight and it'll boost my endurance for my crossfit class :D

I'm really glad there's some familiar faces around the forum. You guys helped sooo much the last time :)

Dukan has a pancake recipe and I've been enjoying one each evening while on my own this week...

Makes 3 in my pan
2 eggs
2 level tablespoons skimmed milk powder
1 level tablespoon sweetener (I have less)
add a little liquid skimmed milk

1 a day isn't so bad...

Seriously, see if you can't get yourself out of that habit. I used to be just the same. Take the battery out if you can't avoid them. It'll be hard the first few days but then you'll get used to it. I think you're at home day times too so perhaps they'll need to be locked away too... :)

Oh the pancake thing was just because it was Shrove Tuesday aka Pancake Tuesday :p I'm strict to the diet otherwise. I'll probably start posting my menus again, but it's too late for that tonight. I'm off to bed :)

Edit: I just twigged that you were referring to the weighing scales (which I literally just used for my pre-bed weigh-in). Yeah, one of my trainer friends suggested, well practically demanded, that I give her my scales for 6 weeks. Not going to happen! I'll try reduce my indulgences though....

Silver go on give them scales away - you know you should even if you don't want to - I am laughing imagining you jumping on and off the scales all day long - gosh it take me all my courage to use them atall never mind several times a day and the very one time I did weigh again after a morning post wee WI it showed I had gained 2 1/2lbs!!! All in one day!! NEVER AGAIN!!!
Glad all is good with you...... I need to exercise but ATM just not got the get up and go!! LOL! Though I am walking all day long!!! x

You'll be happy to hear that when I woke up this morning James (my husband) had hidden the scales! :eek: :cry: I was very good and didn't go searching for them either :) He's promised to let me have them every Monday morning for my weigh-in.

I've still not made any progress on my cardio levels. Still doing none :p But I have been getting the knots worked out of my muscles by a masseuse. My shoulders had gotten so bad that they hurt to touch :confused: Turns out even my knots have knots! I'm going to try keep up yoga in my new gym but they only have Hot Yoga and I'm not sure I can handle that. They turn the room temperature up to 105F/40.5C :eek:

In terms of food, I decided to run 2 protein days in a row because I may end up going out for dinner tomorrow and I'll be doing the same thing on Monday and Tuesday because I'm definitely going out for dinner on Wednesday. A few friends and I are having a girls night out :D We're going to a nice Japanese restaurant, that has plenty of PV friendly options, and then a burlesque show! Super excited! My husband seized on the idea too and he's having a guys night in a pretty awesome Games Arcade so everyone's happy :D

Think I'll head to bed now. Crazy active week in my Crossfit class and I've been helping a friend move house too. I'm pooped!

WELL DONE JAMES!!! And good on you not having a mental breakdown!!! Gals night out sounds awesome and totally Dukan manageable - you go Silver - hope your sore shoulders start to feel better!!! Poor u - wondered what hot yoga was - now I know - hmmmm interesting - might give that a go!!! LOL Have a great week! Good luck with WI on Monday! x

Thanks Trudy :) I've my fingers crossed for a good weigh in tomorrow. I've a lil mini goal of 189lbs that I'm hoping to hit.

Didn't end up going out for dinner today and actually ended up missing lunch :( We were apartment viewing all morning and then I had to get ready for a friends concert and I took so long that we had no time for food before we left.....maybe that'll help with tomorrows weigh in :p

Breakfast was my non-fat Greek yoghurt with oatbran and dinner was scramble eggs, turkey bacon, extra lean chicken sausages, asparagus and brussel sprouts, very satisfying :) When I type it out it seems like nothing....hmmm maybe I should get something before bed?...nah. I'll be up in 8hrs for breakfast so twill be grand :)

Night!

Back