Simon (Bolero's) Food Diary

Well I'm single again. I was, apparently, a rebound thing, and it all came to a crashing halt when she ran back to her ex. I'm not going into the ins and outs of it and won't let the anger speak. All I will say is that I wish her well, and that I've learnt a lot about me and her from the whole experience. These things happen for a reason, and despite everything today it has achieved something...it's got me out of the depressive pit I'd been in for the start of the year, and left me feeling far more determined to make everything go well now.
Did let my diet slip a bit yesterday, but think I'm still within my weeklies (just) and should still be alright for weigh in on Thursday. As it's my 29th on Thursday, though, I might have a few days to enjoy myself ready to get fresh back with it after celebrating. I'll see how I feel.
Making lasagne later, so that will be nice. :) Nothing I enjoy more than a good pasta dish. Thinking of making it with a tuna & asparagus just to be different. Shall post points once I've fully devised the recipe.

How strange, I just saw that you had updated your thread and thought "Ooh wonder how the new relationship is going, best check in " then I see this. Sorry hon, but I got to say you are sounding quite philosophical about it. Sometimes these things just happen, we dust ourselves off (after maybe a little wallow of pity ;)) and we get back on the horse.... not in a smutty way lol. Glad to see you are not letting this drag you somewhere you don't need to be going.:bighug:

Thanks all. :) Trying to stay philosophical about it, although I will admit I've fallen off the wagon a bit this week...although I think that's more to do with me having a week off work (and that's always a recipe for eating disasters for me) and that today is my birthday so probably expected that a bit of food & drink will pass my lips. :) Planning on getting back on top of things now tomorrow. :) For now I'm going to spend the morning watching the Hannibal Lector films. :D

Quite pleased to notice that this month's WW magazine has a free chocie bar with it. :) That's one thing I'd missed from doing WW Online and not having ready access to the shop. Should buy them online from them really, but never seem to get around to it. lol.

Thanks. :) I've had a good few days treatwise, but I'm ready now to get back on top of things as of tomorrow. Helps I'll be back in work, so that'll make avoiding snacking easier...can't eat what isn't there, after all! Having my last treatish dinner tonight, and having beef...or is it horse. We got the joint in Tesco, so who knows.

Well, I've just got off my scales and I'm embarrassed to say that I've gained 10lbs over the past week. Full expect that a lot of that will be water retention as I've been drinking quite a bit, but I've got to get back on track now and am instituting a few changes to my lifestyle (not major) as of today.

First is that my weigh in day will now be a Monday, for no other reason than I'm getting back onto things on a Monday so it makes sense. Secondly, and perhaps more importantly, I'll be doing regular exercise from today. I've been challenged by a friend to a bit of healthy competition exercise wise, and that always motivates me well...so hopefully this time I can stick to it. Waiting, too, for a pedometer to come that I've ordered...figure that will be useful for me to know how much I'm walking during the day, as I'm on my feet a lot and might be earning a few APs with that alone. :) I won't be using my activity points, though...being now back on 60pp a day, I don't think eating even more points is a good idea. Thirdly, the full diary starts back as of today...so here we go. :)

Breakfast
Oat so Simple - 4pp
Skimmed Milk (200ml total for day) - 2pp

Lunch
WW Crustless Cheese & Onion Quiche - 7pp
Warburton's White Square Wrap - 4pp
Salad - 0pp
Asparagus Cup a Soup - 4pp
Activia Coconut Yoghurt - 3pp

Dinner
Light Choices Sausages (x2) - 4pp
WW Spring Onion Mashed Potato (6 patties) - 4pp
Gravy (leftover from Sunday roast - guestimate, based on 1 spoon of gravy granules) - 1pp
Veg (asparagus & curly kale) - 0pp
Onions - 0pp
Braces Extra Thick White Bread (1 slice) - 3pp

Snacks Etc.
WW Chewy Popcorn Bar - 2pp
Shape Delights Yoghurt - 3pp
Filed Warburton's White Square Wrap
- Two Wraps - 9pp
- Liver sausage (6 slices) - 3pp
- Branston Chilli Relish (60g) - 3pp

Dailies Used:
56 of 60
Weeklies Used:
0 of 49

For exercise I did a mile on the exercise bike, and a medium session with my dumbbells. Comes to about 4 activity points earned (I can't be exact, as dumbbell exercise aren't on eSource bizarrely...so I've assumed they're a basic medium exercise workout). Not the biggest workout, but I'm pleased with it...and hopefully I can build on it once I'm more used to not being totally lazy. :p

Last edited:
Afternoon all. Sorry I've been awol for a few days. Nothing going on, it's just I've been busy with work and exhausted from exercise once I've got home. My exercise regime is going well. I'm doing a few miles on the bike & waling every day, and doing a bit of weights work every other day. My legs have been aching all week from it, but no pain not gain. :)
I'm also a bit excited, I suppose, with work. A secondment opportunity came up this week which would be a step up, so I've put in for that...and I think I've got a good chance of getting it. Don't want to get over-confident, but this would be the move I need I think. :) Shall know Wednesday at the latest, so wish me luck. Fingers crossed. :)

Foodwise, it's going well. Made a fish chowder for tonight (500g potatoes, two fillets of fish, 80g mussels, a tin of sweetcorn, an onions, 2 cloves of garlic, and 2 pints of skimmed milk). Basically the spuds cubed up and the onions sliced, and the lot gets boiled up in the milk until the potatoes are soft. I'm doing it to serve two portions for 17pp, but it could so easily serve 4 for 9pp.
You could probably cut the PP by swapping the sweetcorn for some points free veg...thinking asparagus would work well. :)

Morning all. Be neglecting to update a bit lately, so sorry for that. Have been sticking with it though and have had a nice 4.25lb off this week...so I'm quite pleased, as it puts me back in shouting distance of the 19-stone mark.

Had a few ups and downs in life the past few weeks...nothing too major worth reporting, and right now my biggest concern is the car's MOT (due next week) which is causing me quite a bit of stress as I'd be surprised if it passes with a good bit of work. Finances are a bit tight, so it's a bit of a worry how to pay for it...but sure something will work out in the end.

Otherwise I'm just playing the waiting game, waiting for my gym membership card to arrive. Once that's come I'll be doing regular exercise, either before work or during my lunchbreak. Quite looking forward too it, which does surprise me as I'm a bit lazy really. :p Do need to finally get to grips with this weight, though, and think this will help.

Back