Simon (Bolero's) Food Diary

Hope you don't mind me saying but you really seem to be going through the wringer at the moment don't you prec. Bit of Stella for you to put a smile on your face.x

Don't mind at all. Not been my best of times, I'll openly admit. Hopefully things will pick up again before long, though. Not given up (and don't intend too this time), so that's somat. Not letting things destroy my progress this time!
My local won't serve Stella, would you believe. :eek: This is due to its reputation locally, or rather the reputation of the males of my generation who tend to binge drink on it and get a bit unpleasant. Wouldn't mind a nice pint of John Smith's, I think, nice smooth pint to relax. Much as I dislike drinking when I'm feeling down, I think I could do with one.

As an aside (and a bit of an anecdote), I've never been a violent drunk...opposite in fact, in that I get giggly and tell everyone my life story when drunk. But anyway, was out with a mate one day for a few and was going to catch a train home when one lad who was more than a bit drunk came up to us looking for a fight. Looked at me and you could see he was thinking about it, until one moment he just looked up in awe and said "bloody hell butt, you're tall ain't you". Probably thought I was going to eat him or something. lol :p

I'm feeling quite a bit better this morning. I'm still dealing with a little anger to be honest, but I was able to clear the air a little & talked things over with a friend. Actually was the last person I'd expected to be able to talk too, and it was such a weight off my shoulders to catch up with her and see that even at the worst of times some things will eventually right themselves. That's what I needed really...a close friend just to be there and let me pour my soul out to them. I do tend to bottle up so much, and having released it I do feel that a burden has been lifted. So all in all I think I'm starting to feel myself again.

I am now also no longer single. Had a good talk with a friend of mine earlier, and one thing led to another...and I asked her out. Had a chequered history so I'm very nervous about it all (don't want either of us to get hurt and damage the friendship), but I've loved her from afar for some time now and I really hope this is it. Nothing ventured nothing gained though, and it's brought me out of depression I'd gotten in. Lets see where it goes.

Thanks all. :) Definitely feeling myself again, so it's all good.

Must admit that I'm having a night off from dieting tonight. Was my dad's birthday on Thursday and will be mine in a week & a bit, so we're combing the two and going out for a meal. As we're both curry lovers, it's an Indian...and a birthday meal is the only time other than Christmas where I'm not going to worry about points. Not going silly, but going to relax and get back on it fresh tomorrow...maybe with a few gym visits to make up for it.

Well that curry night was naughty...on top of my 58 dailies and the 44 weeklies I had left, I used up an additional 76pp yesterday. Definitely got to be good now this week, and am aiming to get a sts this week. Did enjoy it though, and it was nice to celebrate my dad's and my own birthdays...and chicken vindaloo was amazing.
Just been making some turkey burgers for tomorrow, from a recipe in a WW book we've got at work. Shall try and remember to take piccies of them once they've been cooked. Very simple recipe really...a pound of turkey mince, 6 spring onions, lime zest (I used lemon as we had some left from Xmas still), parsley, and 3 cloves of garlic. Just shaped into 4 patties, and to be fried in cooking spray & served in a burger bun. All for 8 of your best pro points (counting the bun). Thinking you could do the recipe with any mince, and next time I'll probably have a go with lamb mince...as lamb is by far my favourite vegetable. ;)

Hmm like your way of thinking. Could we be wrong to think if all sheep eat is grassy type green things thats makes em a veg??? Me thinks it does:8855:

Morning all. :) I forgot to take pictures of my turkey burgers yesterday, so sorry about that. They were lovely, though, and went down a treat with the whole family. :) Definitely making those again! First time I've ever used turkey mince, and I was very impressed with how light it felt. Can recommend it highly!

Had a few days off work, which has been nice. Spent most of it spending time with someone, naturally...which was nice. :)

Also have been finding out about my great-great-great-grandfather. Long time readers will recall me looking for his wife last year, as she was sadly committed to a mental institution during the last years of her life and I wanted to find out why. To add another dimension to the whole tale, I discovered yesterday that he had lost his job as a sailor for unknown reasons sometime during the 1850s, and after this he left his family and took to roaming around the country as a tramp. My mission is to find more out about this, as I've found him in prison in Manchester in 1881 (which is bizarre given his was from Kent...certainly roamed about!) and a newspaper report of how he died a few years later. He'd gone back to Kent by this point, and one day was discharged from the workhouse in Sandwich. Later that day he was brought back in, having collapsed in the street from unknown causes. He died later that day. :( All very sad really, and paints quite a tragic story. Just wonder why he lost his sailor job setting the whole chain of events in motion.

Hope they go well. Really was impressed by the recipe, and found them fantastically easy to make. Very much enjoying doing more cooking at present. I want to eat less pre-packaged things now...was going through a stage where I was eating nothing but ready meals, and don't think that was a good thing for me really. Time for more good honest home cooking. :)

Well I just got off my scales, and the weekend's curry night has had the impact I was expecting...3 pounds on this week. Sure I'll have that back off soon enough, though, now that I'm back on top of things. Shall resume doing a daily breakdown on here of my food (been a bit lapse in doing so), as I think that was helping me immensely to keep on top of things. As soon as I decide what to cook for tonight's tea, I'll put today's up. :)

Breakfast
Oat so Simple - 4pp
Skimmed Milk (200ml for the day) - 2pp

Lunch
ASDA Tomato & Roasted Veg Pasta Salad (1/2 a tub) - 10pp
Warburton's Square Wrap - 4pp
Activia Coconut Yoghurt - 3pp

Dinner
Homemade Pizza
- Wholemeal Bread Flour (200g) - 17pp
- ASDA Lighter Mozarella (140g) - 7pp
- Sainsbury's Be Good To Yourself Red Cheese (60g) - 4pp
- Mushrooms - 0pp
- Red Onion - 0pp
- Reggae Reggae Sauce - 2pp

Dailies Used: 53 of 59
Weeklies Used:
0 of 49

Afternoon all. Hope everyone is well. I'm doing ok...week off from work now as it's my 29th next week, so planning on relaxing and catching up on some family history stuff. :) Bit disappointed this afternoon, though. I don't often take an interest in sport, but it's compulsory or something to cheer for Wales during the rugby...but I think I must have been watching Mickey Mouse instead. Can't honestly say that was a decent game! lol.

Made shepherd's pie for yesterday & today...250g of minced shepherd - um, lamb. ;) and 400g of mashed potatoes, with 60g of Sainsbury's red cheese on top. I've also taken to putting baked beans in with the mince instead of gravy. Makes a very tasty dish, and does a good few days/portions. :)

Back