Simon (Bolero's) Food Diary

Aye, most likely man flu. lol. Lived through worse, so I'm not letting it affect my day too much...besides that I'd really love to go back to bed instead of going to work. :p

The risotto was good (love risotto), although it did taste a little bland to me...although I'm sure that's the cold. Thinking of curry for dinner tonight...give it a blast of spice to kill or cure. lol.

Thankfully today was a half day, or I'd have rung in sick...especially considering it was a shift with someone who tends to bring about stress. lol. Ah well, over with now.

Making tikka masala for dinner, from a recipe in one of the WW cookbooks (not sure which, as it's just one I pulled off the shelf in work and photocopied the recipe). Making it with a hotter madras curry paste though, so I guess it's my take on it...Chicken Madras Massala, maybe? :p

Had a bit of an oddity when I got my lunch, as I got a turkey stuffing & cranberry sandwich from Tesco...which was odd, as the packaging (it's a light choices one) proclaims "4.5 propoints" per pack. Odd, considering I work it out as 8pp and that we don't get half points. Did wonder if it's just old packaging (since it's a seasonal sandwich...maybe they reused old boxes), but the label does say 'pro points'. Strange Tesco! lol.

Breakfast
Oat So Simple Golden Syrup Flavour - 4pp
Skimmed milk (200ml for porridge & tea) - 2pp

Lunch
Light Choices Turkey, Stuffing & Cranberry Sandwich - 8pp

Dinner
Home-made "Madras Masala" - 14pp
WW Oven Chips - 8pp
Warburton's Square Wrap - 4pp

Snacks Etc.
Cider (2 cans) - 14pp
Beer (1 bottle) - 6pp
Activia Rhubarb Yoghurt - 3pp
Walkers Square Crisps - 3pp
Walkers French Fries - 2pp
Ham & Cheese Filled Square Wrap - 9pp

Dailies Used:
58 of 58
Weeklies Used:
19 of 48

Last edited:
It was just typical of Tesco really, although a bit worrying given how long it's been we've been on pro points now. Tesco!! lol

I'm mostly over my cold now...still a bit of a runny nose and quite froggy when I'm talking, but getting there. :) Think the curry helped! lol.

YESTERDAY
Breakfast
Rice Krispies with Skimmed Milk - 4pp

Lunch
Square Wrap filled with ham & cheese (x2) - 18pp
Walkers Crinkles - 4pp

Dinner

Fish in Batter - 7pp
WW Chips - 10pp
Peas (80g) - 2pp
Ketchup - 1pp

Snacks Etc.

Cider (1 can) - 7pp
Beans on Toast (3 slices of toast with 1 can of beans) - 16pp

Dailies Used:
58 of 58
Weeklies Used:
13 of 29

TODAY

Breakfast
Square Wrap filled with Salami - 7pp

Lunch
Salami & Potato Omelette - 13pp
Bread & WW Spread (2 slices) - 7pp
Ketchup - 1pp

Dinner
Ginsters Steak Slice - 16pp

Snacks Etc.
Squares Wraps filled with Garlic Sausage (x2) - 12pp

Dailies Used:
56 of 58
Weeklies Used:
0 of 16

Last edited:
The omelette was very tasty! :) I've been very very good and avoided noming on the pack of bacon my mum's taken out for her and dad's tea. No idea how, as bacon is up there with ambrosia as the food of the gods. lol.

Picked up some lamb steak which were reduced on my way to work, so having a little lamb tomorrow. Will make a change, as it's one meat I rarely have. Looking forward to it. :)

I must admit that lamb is a favourite of mine, but I'm often put off by the price to be honest. Was well worth it, though, and made such a lovely change. :) Cooked it with a little margoram (something I saw on an old Keith Floyd program lol), and was lovely. :)

Breakfast
Coco Pops with Skimmed Milk - 4pp

Lunch
Square Wraps filled with Garlic Sausage (x2) - 12pp
Walkers Crinkles - 4pp

Dinner
Lamb (155g) - 8pp
Aunt Bessie Mashed Potato (6 patties) - 6pp
Cabbage - 0pp
Broccoli - 0pp
Braces Extra Thick White Bread (2 slices) - 6pp

Snacks Etc.
Weight Watchers Mini Roll - 2pp

Dailies Used:
42 of 58
Weeklies Used:
0 of 16

Oh, it was. My dad have liver & bacon last night, and that was cooked in the same gravy...and gave it such a fantastic flavour (nothing better than liver gravy in my opinion!) :) Suppose really I should think about how many pp gravy would use up, but as I rarely use all my weeklies I guess the tiny number of points (if any) would be covered there. :)

Had to guesstimate a bit of weights today, as my kitchen scales packed up this morning. Boo! Fortunately it's just my pasta salad for lunch and the milk this morning that I needed to weigh, but it's frustrating really. So dependant on weighing food now, that it's not until you can't that you realise how important they are to your day!

Breakfast
Oat So Simple - 4pp
Skimmed Milk (approx. 200ml - for porridge & tea) - 2pp

Lunch
ASDA Tomato & Roasted Veg Pasta Salad (half a tub) - 10pp
Warburton's Square Wrap - 4pp
Tomato Cup a Soup - 2pp
Banana - 0pp
Activia Yoghurt (can't remember what flavour. lol) - 3pp

Dinner
Ratatouille Pasta Bake - 8pp
Turkey Nuggets (x6) - 8pp

Snacks Etc.

Dailies Used:
41 of 58
Weeklies Used:
0 of 16

Thanks. :) I'm quite pleased with it really. Had a few toilet troubles this past week, so glad of a loss. lol.

Having a fun night...watching an antiques thing, which has John Barrowman on it - and he's just amazing! lol. What's amusing me more is they're in my local area, and I've just seen my house on the tele. lol. Problem is that it's really annoying me how they're pronouncing Treorchy...it's not Tray-or-kay, it's Tree-or-key!!! lolol. :p

Breakfast
Coco Pops with Skimmed Milk - 4pp

Lunch
Tesco Chilli Chicken & Chorizo Square Wrap - 10pp

Dinner
Poussin - 13pp
Aunt Bessie's Mash - 6pp
Brocolli - 0pp
Curly Kale - 0pp

Snacks Etc.
Cider (1 can) - 7pp
Square Wrap filled with liver sausage (x2) - 13pp
Walkers Crinkles - 4pp

Dailies Used:
57 of 58
Weeklies Used:
0 of 49

Haha, I'd be ashamed to see my town on the TV, lol! :p Glad you're having a nice evening though, sorry to hear about the 'toilet troubles' eeek!

To be honest, I think I'd pronounce the name in a completely different way to either of the pronunciations you suggested, oops! :p

Food looks great, *yes, I did just have to google 'poussin'* haha :)

Have a lovely weekend Simon!

Welsh names are notoriously difficult to pronounce...especially when the Double-Ls come into it. You'd have thought that someone at the BBC would have told the narrator how places are pronounced though. :p Just glad they didn't go to Llwynypia...that would have stumped them. lol.

I had no end of fun trying to point the poussin (or baby chicken). Wasn't on eSource, and couldn't find a nutritional breakdown for it. In the end I just treated it as if it was a portion of chicken, figuring that's probably about right.

Enjoy your weekend. :) Counting down until work if over for the week tomorrow afternoon now. lol. :p

Back