Simon (Bolero's) Food Diary

Well done on your loss.

Your breakfast is funny. You have all those naughty things and then you have Quorn sausages hehehe

I only had Quorn as there were no real sausages in the house...forgot to buy some!

Didn't really have my best of nights last night. I was very depressed about some stuff (still am a bit), and rather than do the sensible thing I fell back to comfort eating a bit. Wasn't as bad as it could have been, but I'm concerned that still the answer in my head to emotional problems is to eat and drink. Hopefully I can pull myself back together a bit today now as save this week, as I know I'd feel even worse if it turned into a gain!

In other news, best line at work today when our Internet went down: "Have you tried any other websites in case it's that site?" "I'm not trying to get onto a website. I want to get on Google." Um, ok then...

Thanks. :) I'm feeling a bit better today, but it does really help that I've got a lot on my mind at present (mainly about my eternally confused love life). Shall become a monk I think...easier in the long run. lol.

Going to make some cheesy rolls later to go with the stew I'm making for dinner, so that should be nice. Shall follow up with points for the past few days, points for the rolls, and pics of the rolls once I'm back from an incredibly quiet morning at work (the Buffalos lodge are meeting in the leisure centre today, and we know from past experience that this leads to us not seeing any people in the library due to the impact on parking dozens of Jags parked out there has).

Well, I made my buns...and they're lovely. Made them with 500g of flour, which made 8 quite sizeable rolls...which I worked out to 8pp a piece. Very tasty, and went soooooooooo well with the stew I made (beef with a bit of chicken, as I didn't have as much steak as I thought). The rolls contain a good 5 ounces of cheese and a heafty blob of Bovril, which has given them a really nice underlying taste. :)
Two have already been eaten... :eek:

01122012008.jpg

FRIDAY

Breakfast
Tesco Blueberry Wheats with Skimmed Milk - 6pp

Lunch
Tesco Tuna & Chilli Pasta Salad - 12pp
Warburton's Square Wrap - 4pp
Beef & Tomato Cup a Soup - 2pp
Activia Vanilla Yoghurt - 2pp

Dinner
Quorn Burgers (x2) - 4pp
Soft White Rolls (x2) - 9pp
Ketchup - 1pp

Snacks Etc.
Square Wrap filled with Liver Sausage (x2) - 13pp
Dairylea Dunker - 3pp
Whiskey - 2pp

Dailies Used:
58 of 58
Weeklies Used:
0 of 34

SATURDAY

Breakfast
Tesco Blueberry Wheats with Skimmed Milk - 6pp

Lunch
Square Wrap filled with Liver Sausage (x2) - 13ppDiscos Crisps - 4pp

Dinner
Beef & Chicken Stew - 11pp
Home Made Cheese Rolls (x2) - 16pp

Snacks Etc.
Cider (2 cans) - 14pp
Home Made Cheese Roll - 8pp

Dailies Used:
58 of 58
Weeklies Used:
14 of 34

Morning all. Just because my life wasn't complicated enough, the mother of my god-daughter (whom I've barely spoken too in the past year and haven't counted as a friend for a long time) contacted me last night, basically to run a sob-story about how they're so short of money and can't afford to get my god-daughter anything for Christmas. Now lets leave aside the fact that I have considerable debt of my own that I'm stressing out about, can barely afford to pay for my own Christmas, and live with the reality that my car is most likely going to fail its MOT in April...and as such my priority is paying back my debt and working it out so I am actually able to drive to work without resorting to buying a skateboard. Why after all the pain and heartbreak she's put me through, why after all that is it then fine to come right back and one of the first things you ask for before even trying to make amends is to ask me to put my hand in my pocket? That just isn't right!
I just get the feeling that once again she's trying to use me, and I'm not prepared to go there again. My life has moved on, and I now have friends I know truly care about me. It's these good friends I'm putting first in my life, not someone who has proved time and time again that all they're going to do is hurt me.

Afternoon all. Dropped off a bit for a few days, but not due to lack of dieting...just been busy at work, and got distracted when I got home when I found out some family history stuff for Canada went online - which is a bit of a pet project of mine lately. Something about Canada has grabbed my interest, but anyway.

Not long had lunch. Had to pop into town to do the week's banking, so parked in Tesco (in the carpark...didn't ramraid the store!!!) and ate in their cafe as I fancied liver & bacon. Sadly that was off the menu as they'd run out, so had moo meat instead...which was alright. Filled a hole! I've taken 16pp for the meal (was about 3 slices of beef, with peas and chips...which I've assumed is a double portion of standard frozen chips with a standard 80g of peas), which I'm hoping is about right. Frustratingly I can't find any indication of the nutritional value of their cafe meals anywhere online, so that's a bit odd.

I used to do my family history. It's so exciting! I have a little boy now so I haven't done it since before he was born. I aim to get back to it when my life isn't so hectic. :0)

There's something so satisfying and rewarding about researching, is there not? :) Hard to fit it in around life I know, but love every moment of it. Been at it myself since my uni days, and am doing a registered one-name study now in the Twyman surname (my dad's mother's surname, which is a relatively uncommon surname...there were only around 600 people with the surname in the country in 1901, so not too bad to focus on). Love it! :)
The only thing about it I've got an issue with is that they've put up the cost for getting a copy of a birth/marriage/death certificate in the past year, so it's got more expensive to do...which is fine, but a bit frustrating as we've been on a pay freeze since the start of the recession. At least it does make one think of other ways to find out the information from them. lol.

Well that's me not long off my scales, and I'm down by three quarters of a pound this week. :) Thrilled by that. I've got one more pound to get rid of the weight I gained during my weekend in Aberystwyth, so am hoping that'll be off next week now. Two more weighs before Christmas, so if I can get below 18-11 for that I'll be very very happy.

Also quite happy as one of the members of staff at the leisure centre the library is a part of yesterday said to me "you're looking good, have you lost weight". Always nice when people notice. :)

Yes it's definitely an expensive hobby!

My grandmothers maiden name was Truslow which is also an interesting one. The London Truslows were mostly barge builders and lightermen.
My great grandfather truslow died in ww1 and we have been to his grave in France.
It's amazing what you find out :0)

Well done on the loss. Any loss is great at this time a year! I've used all my weeklies already opps!

Oh yes. Certainly expensive, but worth it I think. Relatively lucky here in Wales, as the libraries subscribe to both Ancestry & FindMyPast...so it cuts down on a lot of the cost, especially for me considering I've got my lunch hour to do my research in. :)

My lot are mainly from Kent, so mainly agricultural workers with the odd fisherman chucked in. Definitely amazing what you can find out. Doing the newspaper rounds at present, and am pleasantly surprised by the amount of people doing "naughty" things. I'm desperately trying to find what my great-grandfather got up too though. He was arrested (and later found innocent) for committing "unnatural acts" in his mid teens, and I'd love to know exactly what these "unnatural acts" were. :eek:

Ooops. Is hard this time of year! My weeklies have mainly gone, as I had a chippy last night with half a bottle of wine. Whoops. :p

Thanks. :)

No worries. It's that time of year when everyone is busy. :) Haven't done any of my Xmas shopping yet if I'm honest, but I'm very much in need of pay day to come around next week before I can. Money has been difficult lately, as expenses keep pop up I haven't planned for...like the laptop, and the freezer, and the fact the heating on the car has decided that the middle of winter is the perfect time for it's heating to pack up. *rolleyes* lol

Had a bit of a depressed night last night (a few things have been stressing me out again...mainly work, and someone who shall remain nameless), so will work out the results of that later. Wound up eating 3 bags of crisps and a chocolate thing, but had 11pp left by this point...so hoping most of that is safely used up.

You'd be surprised what you can find out. To be honest, I was losing interest a bit until I started looking at newspapers (where most of the interesting information comes from) as the main sources (certificates and census) as, while useful, boring for the most part. lol. Researchers always say that it's much more fun to look at the naughty people than it is those that behaved themselves! :p

Morning. Been awol for a few days on here. Work took over with a mass of overtime (I was meant to be off yesterday afternoon and today, but it's hard to resist the offer of extra pay when it comes! :p) Looking forward to Christmas now, as unless I get overtime on Christmas Eve (Xmas Eve is the only day I haven't booked off, so I'm gambling on if I'll get asked to do overtime that day) I'll be off on leave from 22nd December right up until January 2nd. Yay!

Diet is going relatively well. Looking forward to the scales on Thursday, oddly. Shall be my penultimate weigh of the year, as next week on the Thursday (right after my final weigh of the year) I've a Christmas meal/party to go to. Going to an Italian restaurant (my idea) and have picked what I'm going for (mushrooms with mussels & prawns for starters, chicken stuffed with prosciutto & mozzarella with asparagus & assorted veg for main), so very much looking forward to next week. :)

Back