Simon (Bolero's) Food Diary

bolero982 said:
Thanks. :) Oddly Friday is the one day of the week I really enjoy at work. I run a family history class on a Friday morning at my home library, and as genealogy is my thing it's a lot of fun. :)
Although I'm sure the monsoon season has hit equatorial Wales today...where's Noah when you need him! ;)

Sounds like a interesting and fun day at work,lovely sunshine in Suffolk..just thought i'd share that ;0) have a good day and the special k bars sound nice :0)

VERY sunny here in Norfolk too - 30C/86F and getting hotter!

Food looks good Simon. I always wanted to be a librarian when I was a kid - love books, although I suppose it's like a lot of jobs - not what you imagine it to be! I remember when Norwich Library burnt down several years ago - thousands of books destroyed and damaged - very sad. Computers and kindle are great, but you can't beat turning the pages of a real book!

Certainly not the job you'd expect...I'm told by my colleagues who've been in the job for a while that it's changed a lot in recent years. I think we're much more of a one-stop community centre these days than just a building full of books, which is nice.
Although I will admit I never really saw my future in the libraries when I was looking for work (I wanted to be an archaeologist!), but now nearly 5-years into the job I couldn't see myself doing much else...apart from maybe doing family history research professionally. :p Certainly has it's ups and downs (and a lot of uncertainty, given the current tendancy to close libraries), but it's a great little job and a lot of fun. :)

But anyway, time for today's diary... :p

Breakfast
Lion cereal with skimmed milk - 4pp

Lunch
Tesco Chilli Chicken & Chorizo Wrap - 10pp

Dinner
Light Choices Sausage & Mash - 9pp
Broad Beans (160g) - 4pp
Warburton's Square Wrap - 4pp

Snacks Etc.
Bacon Sandwich - 10pp
Walkers Baked Stars Cheese & Onion Flavour - 3pp

Special K Biscuit Bar - 3pp

Daily Points Used:
47 of 59
Weeklies Used:
0 of 49

Last edited:
Morning all. Taking advantage of my Sunday, and off out for a pint or two with mates this afternoon...liquidise a few of my weeklies, so to speak. I also skipped breakfast...typical Sunday approach there, really. :p
No idea what dinner is going to be...hopefully I can resist the call of KFC this evening, and wait until I'm home for something to eat. :eek:

Lunch
Lamb Steak (185g) - 9pp
Butternut Squash Chips - 0pp
Baked Beans - 5pp

Dinner
Gingster Ham & Cheese Slice - 14pp
Dairylea Dunkers - 3pp

Snacks Etc.
Cider (5 pints) - 36pp
McCoy Cheese & Onion Crisps (two 50g packs) - 14pp
Guestimated Pub Sandwiches etc - 21pp

Daily Points Used:
59 of 59
Weeklies Used:
43 of 49

Last edited:
Well I must admiit, those bns chips were horrible...can't seem to get them right. They're usually too hard, so followed a bit of advise and par-boiled them first...now they were like soup on a stick. Think I'll just stick to WW oven chips in future. Can't go wrong with them!
Going to make pizza tomorrow (many thanks to the nice friend who gave me the idea and advice/recipe :)). Think I'm going to get a peperami, and make a sort-of pepperoni pizza. Fingers crossed that works well. Given my past experience with flour (my pastry isn't so much an edible case for meat as it is a building material), it should prove interesting! ;)

You could always do pizza wraps,they are quick and easy ;0) oh dear at the bns chips,I just chop up some potatoes for my chips/wedges..I don't do anything complicated lol

Sorry to hear the BNS chips didn't work out! Tesco light choices/Sainsburys be good to yourself oven chips are good btw, cheaper than WW ones too! :p Pizza is so versatile, you can use pretty much anything for a base! Pitta/bagel/wrap! I usually find my BNS chips work better as 'wedges' as if they're thicker they go crispy on the outside instead of turning to mush! Hope you enjoyed your trip to the pub!

I tend to buy my WW chips in Farm Foods, so they're usually £1 a bag...which isn't too bad. :p Don't have chips all that often, to be honest...tend to prefer the WW spring onion mash.

The pub was nice. The landlord had a christening party there this afternoon, and had a lot of food left over...so let us help ourselves. I had four quarter sandwiches, and a couple of pastry things. I'm assuming that the pastry things are equivalent to a pack of sandwich from Tesco or so forth, but no idea with the pastry things...so am guestimating them as the same as a pack of sandwiches, and hoping it all works out at weigh in. :eek: Hasn't left me many points doing that, though, so hoping I don't get hungry later...may eat a peach or something if I do, otherwise it's going to be meh. :p

I like the sound of the spring onion mash!
Glad you had a nice time at the pub and you had food there as well! Hopefully all will be ok point wise,it can be hard to guess when eating out! And don't go hungry later ;0)

The spring onion mash is delicious...not sure of the points on it off the top of my head, but you get a reasonable portion. Plus it's cheap and tasty. Tend to buy it in Iceland, as they've got a lot of WW stuff going cheap.
I think I've got 6 weeklies left, but am not too concerned about it. Everything will come out in the wash, I'm sure, and it's not the end of the world having a day that's a bit points heavy. :)

Yea WW is a lifestyle change so some days having some extra points used is fine..oh I thought you made the spring onion mash yourself ;0) yup icelands are good for bargains!

Sounds like a good day! :) I love Iceland too, fab for bbq food! Fortunately I love fruit so am always snacking on it! (need to be careful of the sugar though! :p) I tend to find frozen fruit seems to last longer otherwise I'd happily eat a punnet of strawberries in around 10 minutes :p We all deserve a treat day once in a while, so happy you've still attempted to track and didn't give up! :)

i grate the pepperami and throw it on, its lovely that way and easy to eat for my wee braces lol

Theres nothing like home made pizza, and its not that difficult to make. only takes 5 minutes to mix up and batter, leave for an hour or two, then another couple of minutes to roll out. The rest is just ingredient prep and actually cooking the thing.

(im the pizza friend if you hadn't already guessed lol)

Back