Simon (Bolero's) Food Diary

I'll share abit of David..it even looks like he has some pizza dough on his jacket ;0)

Attachments

• image-293822527.jpg
    image-293822527.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 19
it would have to be the david tennant doctor though, for he is yum :p
Can't argue with that. :p Also the best Doctor we've had since...well, ever possibly.

Chilli on pizza? Methinks an idea is forming...chilli sauce for the base, shove some beans on, and a beefy topping. Think it could work.

The beans are yum. I'm quite pleased with the varieties you can get these days, really. Now if they did the five beans one (I think they're haricot, kidneys, borlotti, canellini and some other type of bean I can remember the name of...magic beans??) in a BBQ sauce, and I'd be in heaven!

Morning. Unfortunately the weather has gone the usual Welsh way, and is raining & has gone cold. Quite frustrating, really, as yesterday was beautiful. Don't mind the cold, though...providing it stays dry and doesn't snow, I much prefer cold weather to hot weather.

Just got off the scales, and unfortunately I've put a pound on this past week. Bit disappointed by that, but as I said earlier in the week I'm not overly surprised by that. Just the consequences of my noming on my trip down to Kent, so all in all I can live with that. Soon have that back off, I'm sure.

It sounds bizarre given I've only been back a day, but I've a day off today thanks to no overtime...so lets see if I can finish a few wills today. Got to find out where all this money & land has got too...'cause it certainly ain't got down to us! :p

Well, that's had lunch. Tried the Low Low cheese spread for the first time, and I must say it is seriously delicious...very nom! So much flavour, and goes wonderfully with Quorn ham (and I suppose meat ham too) in a square wrap. Haven't enjoyed a lunch that much in a long while!

Lunch
Warburton's Square Wrap (x2) - 9pp
Quorn Ham (4 slices) - 2pp
Low Low Cheddar Spread (60g) - 3pp

Dinner
Levi Root's Brixton Style King Prawn Curry - 16pp
Warburton's Square Wrap - 4pp

Snacks Etc.
Walkers Square Crisps - 3pp
Light Choices Chocolate Mouse - 2pp
BBQ Jumbo Snacks a Jacks (x2) - 5pp
Phili Light (4 portions of 30g) - 5pp
Cheese Scone with 20g of Buttery Spread - 9pp

Daily Points Used:
58 of 59
Weeklies Used:
0 of 49

Last edited:
bolero982 said:
Morning. Unfortunately the weather has gone the usual Welsh way, and is raining & has gone cold. Quite frustrating, really, as yesterday was beautiful. Don't mind the cold, though...providing it stays dry and doesn't snow, I much prefer cold weather to hot weather.

Just got off the scales, and unfortunately I've put a pound on this past week. Bit disappointed by that, but as I said earlier in the week I'm not overly surprised by that. Just the consequences of my noming on my trip down to Kent, so all in all I can live with that. Soon have that back off, I'm sure.

It sounds bizarre given I've only been back a day, but I've a day off today thanks to no overtime...so lets see if I can finish a few wills today. Got to find out where all this money & land has got too...'cause it certainly ain't got down to us! :p

Yup pound will soon be off :0)
I like it colder as well..love autumn!
Enjoy all the finding out of money/lands today..
Glad you enjoyed your lunch,it does sound yummy!

Morning all. I'm feeling shattered this morning (didn't sleep very well last night), but I'll live...wake up in a minute after I've had my first of many cups of Earl Grey for the day. :p

Breakfast
Granary Bread (2 slices toasted) - 5pp
Low Low Soft Cheese (60g) - 3pp

Lunch
Tesco Italienne Pasta Salad - 13pp
Warburton's Square Wrap - 4pp

WW Apricot Yoghurt - 1pp

Dinner
Quorn Beef & Sweet Potato Casserole - 6pp
Crusty Brown Roll - 5pp

Snacks Etc.
Warburton's Square Wrap Filled with Quorn & Cheese (x3) - 19pp
Homemade Cheese Scone Thing - 6pp
Walkers Square Crisps (x2) - 6pp

Daily Points Used:
59 of 59
Weeklies Used:
9 of 49

Last edited:
Thanks Han. I hope so. :) Must admit I'm looking forward to the casserole. It's the last of the dishes I cooked for the freezer the other week, and I've not tried it as yet. Smelt beautiful while cooking, mind you.
Still got a sweet potato left at home from it mind. No idea what to cook with it, if I'm honest. Usually I'd make chips, but don't want to be frying it...and mashed sweet potato is more than a bit "ming". :p

i usually peel + slice sweet potatoes into thinish circle shapes and spray them with frylight and bake them on a oven tray they go lovely and crisp and you can flavour them with allsorts, garlic graules, chilli flakes, basically any herbs or spices you have knocking about!

Hope it's ok to jump in! Recipe I found for sweet potato is to bake in the microwave / oven, then scoop out the inside, mash with phili light or extra light, mix with bacon (quorn bacon??) and put back into the potato skins and grill for a couple of mins. Yummy!

Back