Six Stone To Lose?

I had over 6 stone to lose when I started but i am rouughly 3 stone down and 4 to go so almost half way :) :) Time flies.

Hello everyone..
My name is Lily and I'm a youngster, only 18, I started this diet last week and have my first weigh in next wednesday, so I'm pretty excited...what I find frustrating is when I do really well for a few days and then just one little nibble sends you off the edge! It's frustrating but I'm going to keep at it, because I'm really determined this time!
I'm doing it along side my mother because we're both determined to make a drastic change, finally. I've been overweight all my life and never quite had the same life as other girls my age because of my weight. It's detrimental to my self esteem and has prevented me from doing things I've always wanted to. So now I'm really going to push myself because I can't wait to see what the real me can look like! But I might need some extra pushes along the way..which is why I joined this forum because it's just very encouraging to read all of your stories, as well as talking about it with one very close friend who knows about it. But they never really do know just what it's like, do they..?
Thanks everyone =)

Hey all, i am 20 and am going to lose six stone by christmas if all goes to plan, i am 6 foot 4 so i prpbably don't need as much as six stone as i am 17 stone now, but i feel the need to lose it as quickly as i can.

Hi i need to lose 6 stone, ok im not on a low calories diet, well i am to me, lower than usual, about 1200 calories a day but thats if i have all my meals, which isnt always, i normally skip lunch, im just trying to find a diet suitable for me that will help me loose weight, good luck everyone

lizzie xxx

well new to this, but i have 6 and a half stone to have a healthy BMI, I hit 30 this year and after changing career to being a teacher and relocating, then giving up the cigarettes, this is the next challenge on the list to living life to the full and being able to enjoy the wonderful lakes around where i live i.e walk up a hill and enjoy the scenery at the top.
there are so many inspiring stories here.. i hope that i can make it .
That i can celebrate birthday 31 next year as a fit and healthy and happy person.

well weigh in number one is Friday its now wednesday ... here's hoping its a positve beginning to the year, which will inspire me to carry on.

fingers crossed :)

I lost 6 stone in 6 months on lipotrim last year. Now I'm back to go for another 2 stone.
If you are just starting on your journey, hang on in there, it definately can be done.
Keep strong and keep coming on these forums the support really helps.

Hi , just started this week with 6 stone to lose , i know everyone is different but what is a realalistic time scale to achieve that amount of loss???

6 Stone to lose....
2 Down :)
4 to go!!!

Thanks to SW!!! Its definately the perfect diet for me!
xxx

Hi , just started this week with 6 stone to lose , i know everyone is different but what is a realalistic time scale to achieve that amount of loss???

I think aiming for 5 pounds a month works long term Eric, I know it doesn't seem a lot but that'll take you down 4 stone a year. It's not just a physical change you're dealing with but the psychological difference of walking around in a new body, so take your time. Good luck! :cross:

Focus on all your success Sharon!

I'm sorry to hear that, I always put on a pound or two a week or two every month. To combat the disappointment, I calculate monthly now and just focus on the fact that at the end of the month I'm 3 pounds down or whatever. Make a chart with your loss and watch it going down each month, THAT'S what you should reach for when you're feeling "what's the bloody point?" Just go meal by meal and don't think about next week when you're having a bad day, you only have to make good decisions today, take care of today and tomorrow will take care of itself. :hug99:

3 down 3 to go!!!! woo hoo!!! xxx
Thanks for everyones support - youve all been brill!!! I wouldnt have been able to do it without you guys!!!

xx

I have another 3 1/2- 4 stone to lose and I'm hoping to reach target by the end of this year (maybe wishful thinking, but whatever.) :D I managed to lose 3 stone in five months, but then struggled for months on end, kept having blips. So hopefully 3 1/2- 4 stone is doable in 9 months

Anyway, I started out with over 6 stone to lose, almost seven. It's amazing to be over halfway there now. Six stone + does seem very daunting, but break it into little junks and you'll be there in no time.

Back