Size 16!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Melliewoo, 22 March 2008 Social URL.

1. Melliewoo

Melliewoo Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Does anyone remember their weight when they were a size 16?.... i'm wondering how long it's going to take me to get to a size 16 lol ad your heights if possible to see if someone is similar!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys
    x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. kellymundy

kellymundy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm 5ft3" and I know I'm a comfortable size 16 when I'm around 13 1/2st.

4. pandora

pandora finding my way again !

Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    last time i did CD i was in a 16 when i fell, was 12 1/2st & 5ft 5
    xx

5. Dutch

Dutch Goodbye Tum

Diet:
    Exante
    Hi Mellie, I'm five six and was fourteen and a half stone at size 16, I'm eleven ten now and wearing a 12 xx you'll be in them in no time xx

6. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

I'm 5ft 10 and think I was about 15 stone (maybe 15 and half) when i fit into size 16s again for first time

7. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

wow - clearly difference in height distributes the weight differently - how bizarre that there can be such a difference in it (but then again, different shops have different size 16s too!).

8. Melliewoo

Melliewoo Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    thanks guys lol i started a size 24 now a tightish 22 but can get them done up lol but lost 22lb so wondering about sizes as i always thought 1 stone was about a dress size but some others have said it's 2 stone to a dress size lol so don't know which is right!!!!

9. Dutch

Dutch Goodbye Tum

Diet:
    Exante
    I'm constantly surprised watching programmes on telly people who weigh much more than me being the same size or people weighing much less than me being bigger, you soon learn to try on in different shops hee hee xx

10. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

go half way and aim for one and half stone per dress size :)

11. Dutch

Dutch Goodbye Tum

Diet:
    Exante
    My great tip mellie is get to a charity shop, buy some smaller sizes then keep trying them on every week it's amazing how they soon fit and it doesnt' cost loads either. I get great per una jeans (they're always a great fit) for about three or four pounds!!!

12. pandora

pandora finding my way again !

Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    last CD trip i lost just under 6st, started at a size 24 & went to a 16, although wasn't too far off a 14 (maybe another 1/2 st)
    xx

13. Melliewoo

Melliewoo Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    which shops do you think do the most genorous sizes them lmao

14. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

yes but don't do what I did - bought a LOVELY pair of ralph lauren work trousers in chocolate brown. The label the charity shop put on it said size 14 so I thought, fair enough, I'll fit them at some point . Got them home and the label inside said size 4. No idea if that is a US size 4 (and hence a real size 8) or a size 4 in terms of 1, 2, 3, 4 (for being the largest available). So i put one leg in .... half way up the thigh. Don't think I'll ever fit them so they must be a size 8. Anyone want them (for cost of postage)?

15. kellymundy

kellymundy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I find Dorothy Perkins sizes are generous as are monsoon and Tescos are really good if you don't want to spend a lot on clothes while you are still shrinking. I can actually get into a pair of size 16 jeans I got from Tescos even now, although they are very tight (don't have to lie down to do them up though).

16. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Hi Mellie

Can't remember exact weights but I did find when I was bigger I needed to lose more weight to drop a dress size, as I got smaller I went down the sizes alot quicker. Someone once posted about the Ed principle (sorry can't remember who), think of yourself as a kitchen roll and every sheet as 1lb, when you first start one sheet only goes a small way round the roll, but as the roll gets smaller each sheet wraps further round it until it goes round a couple of times, ie the smaller you get the more noticeable the lbs you lose are, if you see what I mean!

Dancing - PMSL!!!!!!

Gx

17. Melliewoo

Melliewoo Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    thanks guys and thanks georgie i'll remember that!!!!!!!!! and wow your new pic is fab!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Soraya

Soraya Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(7.26%)
    Diet:
    Slimpod & Atkins
    That explains why people used to stay that they'd put on a few lbs and they could really feel it and I would go up half a stone before I noticed!

I'm 5ft 3 and still a 16 in places on top - until I get round to the reduction surgery!!

20. louale

louale Silver Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    For quite a few years, I was a size 16 at around 12.5 - 13stones at 5ft 5, obviously a lose 16 at 12.5 and tight 16 at 13 lol

21. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

I'm starting to get dizzy now my kitchen roll is spinning a little quicker.

22. LizS81

LizS81 Has been AWOL

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(19.46%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I've just bought myself a size 16 pair of jeans from matalan and they fit :) I'm 5ft 8 and currently weigh 13st. they're a little tight around the waist, but not too bad.. but my old 18's were so huge on me that I'm putting up with the tightness!!
    most of my size 16 skirts (which I already had) fit really nicely as well!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.